Demolitionist (Neutral Killing)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Demolitionist (Neutral Killing)

Postby weknowyoulive » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:16 pm

Role Name:
Demolitionist

Role Alignment:
Neutral Killing

Abilities:
Plant a dynamite bomb at someone's house each night.
You may also equip a hard hat for protection.

Attributes:
The bombs explode after set timers of 1 to 5 nights each. The explosion deals a Powerful attack to everyone at the house.
The hard hat can be used like a Survivor vest up to 4 times per game, for Basic defense. Equipping it does not override the bomb-planting.
If a bomb explodes on a trapped house, the trap will be destroyed, but the explosion will be absorbed and kill nobody.

Goal:
Reduce the Town to rubble.

Flavor Text:
You are a rogue worker wishing to demolish the Town.

Win Conditions:
You win with Demolitionist (a unique role), Witches and Survivors.
You must kill Mafia, Vampires, Town, Coven, Serial Killers, Arsonists, Werewolf, Plaguebearer/Pestilence and Juggernaut.
You may spare anyone else.

Additional Information:
This differs from Werewolf in that it can keep up the pressure by planting bombs every single night, but attacks in a delayed manner like Poisoner. It also lacks defense by default, and needs to protect itself using the right timing with the hard hat mechanic.
In my town there is problem,
And that problem is transporter
He take your life away
Because he's an idiot
And that problem is the surv.
They douse people's houses
And we never notice it
Throw the surv down the well,
So my town can be free (So my town can be free!)
You must grab him by his vest,
Then we have a big party.
weknowyoulive
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Location: Wales, United Kingdom, Earth, Milky Way, Observable Universe

Re: Demolitionist (Neutral Killing)

Postby alex1234321 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:36 pm

I like this concept and think it could work really well with some modifications. It could even work as a Werewolf rework.

NK roles should always have basic defense. They are already nearly impossible to win as even with defense and are likely to be lynched after getting attacked anyway.

How is the length of the delay decided? It shouldn't be random because then the Demolitionist's chances of winning would depend heavily on how quickly its bombs detonate. If the Demolitionist decides, they would almost always choose one night, which would basically make it a stronger Arsonist. Maybe you can make it detonate once someone visits the target but not the night the bomb is planted. That might be too strong though.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Cabohhh » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:38 pm

I really like this idea! Having time bombs is a good idea, however, I do agree with Alex about the issue of having defence. Most NK roles need defence, and considering it's a unique role, you can't rely on other people to win for you.

I'm assuming that you set the time on the bomb. This seems good for early game, however, without permanent defence, it means that chances are that you die in a 1v1 against an evil role. I think that you should be able to have a one-time force detonation for all bombs, to avoid this. You could also give the role Basic Defence, which would also solve the problem.
The Coroner
The Mystic
The Hitman
The Hierophant

Grey's Anatomy, Season 5, Episode 6, 3:17
Cabohhh
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby weknowyoulive » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:18 pm

Yes, Cabohhh. I meant to say you set the timer with a special GUI.
Maybe I should propose Basic defense like you did, because it would be annoying as an NK to die unceremoniously to maf.
Maybe a one-time override, too (although that would be a little too Arsonist-like).
Thanks for the feedback.
He take your life away
Because he's an idiot
And we never notice it
weknowyoulive
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby alex1234321 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:54 pm

weknowyoulive wrote:Yes, Cabohhh. I meant to say you set the timer with a special GUI.
Maybe I should propose Basic defense like you did, because it would be annoying as an NK to die unceremoniously to maf.
Maybe a one-time override, too (although that would be a little too Arsonist-like).
Thanks for the feedback.

If the Demolitionist can choose how long to set the timer they would almost always set it to one night to minimize the chance of the player dying before the bomb detonates. In that case it would basically be a Werewolf that starts on night 2. Setting the delay to two nights would be better since Werewolf gets two nights of not attacking.

Maybe to fix deadlock situations it could automatically detonate a target by selecting them twice.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby weknowyoulive » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:54 pm

Good suggestion, Alex. I was thinking maybe to include a cooldown on each time setting, like the Potion Master's three potion types, to encourage a player to set different bomb times.
He take your life away
Because he's an idiot
And we never notice it
weknowyoulive
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Return to Role Ideas