Adolescent [Neutral Bengin]

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Adolescent [Neutral Bengin]

Postby Odin1999 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:28 am

Summary: A teenager that looks up to his Father and would like to follow in his footsteps

Changes between Father/Mother based on the role of the parent e.g. Consort = Mother Godfather = Father

Role Name: Adolescent

Role Alignment: Neutral Benign

Abilities:
-Call your Father to pick you up
-Go to a friends house for the night
-Ride along with your Father

Attributes:
Calling Your Father
-When your Father picks you up, he will not perform any of his night actions.
-Instead, targets against you and your father will receive no feedback.

Visiting a Friends House
-When you visit a friends house, all targets and actions directed at you will be redirected to your "friend".

Ride Along
-When you ride along with your Father you will learn the roots of his role
-When you ride along with your Father, you will receive all feedback that he receives and vice versa
-If your father is a Town or Neutral Role, you will be able to perform his abilities the following night
-If your father is apart of the Mafia or Coven you will join their chat for the following night

Whispers
-Whispers between you and your Father won't be shown to Town.
-You and your father may text (whisper) each other at night

Death of Father
-When your father dies, you will become his role

Goal:
See your Father/Mother win or fullify their goals
Last edited by Odin1999 on Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Odin1999

Re: Adolescent [Neutral Bengin]

Postby Odin1999 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:32 am

I
Odin1999

Postby superdog551 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:09 pm

Hello, welcome to the forums!

There are a few things I am confused about this role. Can you do each of the three abilities as many times as you want or is there a limit? Do you choose your parent or are they assigned to you like with a Guardian Angel or Executioner? Can your parent be any alignment or only mafia? And finally, does your parent have to survive in order for you to win or does their team just have to win once you become their role?
joaodasalmas wrote:Abilities: You can reveal yourself as the King Potato, and now you can't be voted.

My Roles:
Charmer
Oracle
Associate

Get in here and count to 200300 before 2030!
In-game my name is Jay
superdog551
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby Odin1999 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:38 am

Hi sorry I should have specified more clearly in the post. Each abillity is a one time use. Parent is assigned to you at the start of the game and your parent can be Town, Neutral Killing (include PB), Vampire, Mafia & Coven, but cannot be non factional roles such as Exe, Survivor, GA, Pirate. ANd no your parent does not have to survive, but you have to survive and achieve your parents win conditions.
Odin1999

Postby Benn3 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:08 pm

Odin1999 wrote:Hi sorry I should have specified more clearly in the post. Each abillity is a one time use. Parent is assigned to you at the start of the game and your parent can be Town, Neutral Killing (include PB), Vampire, Mafia & Coven, but cannot be non factional roles such as Exe, Survivor, GA, Pirate. ANd no your parent does not have to survive, but you have to survive and achieve your parents win conditions.

If Exe, Surv, GA, and Pirate are not considered "factional" roles, NK shouldn't either, especially PB. Also what about Amnesiac? You could just simply say Neutral(Chaos) and Neutral(Evil) roles cannot be a Parent.
My main role concepts:

Caporegime
Spirit
Sniper
Assassin
Benn3
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Odin1999 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:29 pm

NK are factional roles because they can win apart of their own faction, why would PB be exempt from this? Amnesiac, no.
Odin1999

Postby Benn3 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:35 pm

Odin1999 wrote:NK are factional roles because they can win apart of their own faction, why would PB be exempt from this? Amnesiac, no.

Then why would Survivor, GA, Exe, and Pirate be considered non-factional if they consist of Neutral(Benign) and Neutral(Evil)?

Edit: I now realize you meant NKs only win alone while surv ga exe pirate can win with other factions
My main role concepts:

Caporegime
Spirit
Sniper
Assassin
Benn3
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Odin1999 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:39 am

Thoughts anyway?
Odin1999

Postby alex1234321 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:15 am

Roles that rely on helping a randomly selected person are always going to be very RNG-dependent. If your parent is an NK role, you are almost doomed from the start. GA only requires their target to survive, which makes it dependent on whether its target is an idiot who gets themself lynched. You can force it to choose a parent, but then it can wait until the end of the game rather than actually helping the parent. That would be the best solution imo as long as the role doesn't have immunity and automatically loses before picking a side.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Odin1999 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:30 pm

Why would you be doomed if you got a NK role from the start? You're basically saying it's impossible for Neutral Killing roles to win. And the idea of this role is to survive and fullify his parents goal. Both of these abillities: (-Call your Father to pick you up
-Go to a friends house for the night) will keep you alive for two nights
Odin1999

Return to Role Ideas