Making Framer a Mafia Lookout while still being a Framer.

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Making Framer a Mafia Lookout while still being a Framer.

Postby SilverCruz » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:23 pm

- Bracket is changed to Mafia Support. (The Support/Deception tags are silly anyway to be honest, something could be done to touch that up)

- At night, choose a target to Frame. That target will be visibly shown as Framed to to you until they are investigated or interrogated.

- At the end of each night, you will see one visitor to each target who is currently Framed if they received any visitors. You will also be told if there was more than one visitor to each target. You do not see visitors for a target on the night that you Frame them.

- If your Frame is set off, you will be told that this occurred and the role that set it off, but you will not see any visitors to that target that night and because they will no longer be Framed, you will not see a visitor to them on following nights unless you Frame them again.

That's the pitch. Makes Framer a legitimate threat that has something to do even if there's no Sheriff or Investigator. If you need to change the jobber in Classic, replace Framer with Disguiser there (plus, that would threaten the Jailor Meta in Classic since there's always a Disguiser, so the Mafia always has the capability of pushing an attack on the Jailor without having to worry so much about a Lookout).
I know what I'm doing, generally, but I have no grace at all when things start to spin out of control.

I'd like to address the latter part, but I wouldn't know the first thing about that.
SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Re: Making Framer a Mafia Lookout while still being a Framer

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:56 pm

/support

Good idea, tho they should simply see all visitors, or at least 3 as lookout
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Ezradekezra » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:41 pm

or just make it affect the other tis
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby SilverCruz » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:44 pm

And how exactly would you do that? In non-Coven, there's only Lookout and Spy. First thing that comes to mind for Lookout is to say that a Lookout cannot see visitors to a Framed target, and I really have nothing for Spy. It'd help the Framer to be invisible to Spies since it's hard-countered by them (in the process of forging evidence, it also gives out evidence that contradicts the phony evidence), but that wouldn't give it anything to do if the TI/RT split is Spy/Spy/Vigilante/Transporter/Doctor, it'd just make it not sabotage itself.
I know what I'm doing, generally, but I have no grace at all when things start to spin out of control.

I'd like to address the latter part, but I wouldn't know the first thing about that.
SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Ezradekezra » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:47 pm

SilverCruz wrote:And how exactly would you do that? In non-Coven, there's only Lookout and Spy. First thing that comes to mind for Lookout is to say that a Lookout cannot see visitors to a Framed target, and I really have nothing for Spy. It'd help the Framer to be invisible to Spies since it's hard-countered by them (in the process of forging evidence, it also gives out evidence that contradicts the phony evidence), but that wouldn't give it anything to do if the TI/RT split is Spy/Spy/Vigilante/Transporter/Doctor, it'd just make it not sabotage itself.

Framed target can't be seen as visiting by a Lookout or Tracker (or a second target can be chosen, who the framed target will appear to visit)

Framed target's visit will be shown as a Mafia visit to a Spy if bugged

Framed target can be chosen as the evil player in a Psychic's vision
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby Dimethyltryptamine99 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:17 am

This is a better idea: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=116338
Your idea just removes all logic from the role and no longer makes it a Framer like you claim in your title. A Lookout is a type of Spy right, so you've just made this a Mafia Spy. Why is a Framer a Spy? Makes no sense

Absoutely 100% /no support

Wacky idea anyway, not like the Devs would ever implement this, so this thread is a complete waste of time.
Dimethyltryptamine99
Jester
Jester

Postby SilverCruz » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:25 am

You say as if BMG would ever do anything except sit around and let Socrates keep screwing up rounds and giving them ad bucks.

SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Dimethyltryptamine99 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:27 am

The whole game needs a rework. I don't even know why I still play this tbh, so many problems with it.
Dimethyltryptamine99
Jester
Jester

Postby SilverCruz » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:31 pm

You ain't speakin' lies.

SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Return to Role Ideas