SFM83 | GIMballing | END

Looking for some forum fun? This is the place

SFM83 | GIMballing | END

Postby lemonader666 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:41 am

Rules
  1. Follow the FM rules and forum rules.
  2. Awards: What's that?
  3. Respect: What's that?
  4. Inactivity: Players have every 24 hours to post content relating to this game or else they will be prodded. Prodded players have 12 hours to respond to their prod by posting in the thread or they will be replaced. If a player is prodded a second time they will be replaced.
  5. Prohibited Activities. The following actions are not allowed:
    Spoiler:
    • Gamethrowing. All actions must be done in order to complete your win condition. Do not attempt to sabotage either yourself or your faction. This can include "jesting."
    • Outside Communication. Do not discuss this game outside of this thread unless expressly permitted to.
    • Codes. Codes and encryptions cannot be used. Signals, however, are allowed.
    • Spam. Out of courtesy please do not excessively post and spoil any long posts or quotes. (Even though I know you're still gonna violate this)
    • Angleshooting. Do not threaten the integrity of the game by referencing out-of-game information, such as communications with a moderator.
  6. Message Etiquette: All private messages related to the game should contain "SFM83" in the subject.
    Bold your votes and format them as /vote [player]. To unvote, post /vote unvote. I may very likely miss your /unvote post. Unvoting isn't required for switching votes.
  7. #004A7F is my modcolor. Please refrain from using it or any color related to it.
  8. I reserve the right to have fun hosting this game.
  9. You may NOT edit your posts for whatever reason.

Rolelist
Spoiler: Image

Setup
  • 48h/24h Phases, 24h/12h Prod. Day 1 will be 72h/24h. (rip tosfm)
  • Majority, Plurality, RNG in ties, Mafia daychat, Tactical factional killing, and other standard stuff are in play by default.
  • Private chats will be on discord.
  • I will roll roles from this thread (#0/Post 1 to #5031/Post 5032, I will be using the former numbering system with the OP being #0 due to the deleted users messing up the thread). Any role submitted before the game thread is up is fair game.
  • I reserve the right to add, remove, reroll, or edit roles as I deem fit to make this game enjoyable. This does not mean I will be cherry-picking roles. Most of the roles I will not be including will be found here, with the exception being Renamed Roles. Please ask me if you don't know whether a role can roll beforehand.
  • All roles without an ability will be discarded. (e.g. Citizens, Goons, etc)

Playerlist
  1. dolphina
  2. PKFlash
  3. cob709
  4. UzayAltay
  5. Emily372
  6. watchme1
  7. hereisme
  8. Descender
  9. kosmo16
  10. ejjinami
Last edited by lemonader666 on Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:52 am, edited 16 times in total.

you can email me at lemonader666@gmail.com if need be
lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

SFM83 | GIMballing | Status

Postby lemonader666 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:46 am

Alive
  1. watchme1 - Innocent Child
  2. hereisme - Not-Shitty Lookout (sees visitors)
  3. Descender - Chameleon (Town)
  4. ejjinami - Town 1-Shot Bulletproof
Graveyard
  1. PKFlash - Killed N1 - Phantom 2-Shot Neighborizer
  2. kosmo16 - Killed N1 - Bastard Publicizing Daycop
  3. cob709 - Lynched D2 - Psycha
  4. UzayAltay 1 - Killed N2 - Gemini
  5. dolphina - Lynched D3 - RainBow Sherbet (Town)
  6. UzayAltay 2 - Killed N4 - Gemini
  7. Emily372 - Lynched D5 - Mafia Alternating Combat Vendor
ISOs (thanks hereisme)
#1 lemonz
dolphina
PKFlash
cob709
UzayAltay
Emily372
watchme1
hereisme
Descender
kosmo16
ejjinami
Last edited by lemonader666 on Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:52 am, edited 10 times in total.

lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Re: SFM83 | GIMballing | Setting Up

Postby lemonader666 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:07 am

Sending out rolecards. Please confirm by responding to it.

lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby lemonader666 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:36 am

God fucking damn it I somehow added Emily twice after pointing it out

lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby lemonader666 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:38 am

lemonader666 wrote:God fucking damn it I somehow added Emily twice after pointing it out

I guess this will be a 9p then
Edit: I forgot descender signed up ok nothing changes

lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby lemonader666 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:52 am

Day 1 will start in .

lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Re: SFM83 | GIMballing | Day 1

Postby lemonader666 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:12 am

Day 1 starts. It will end on in .

lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby hereisme » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:13 am

Who's the Wolf - mystery game with hidden WW attribute
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/vi ... 25&t=69984
hereisme
Civilian
Civilian

Postby hereisme » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:14 am

First time I've ever been first...
I stayed awake late for this day start kek
hereisme
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Descender » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:16 am

i was gonna be first but i was getting ready to go out
anyways im going out
ill be back later to soulread all scum
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby hereisme » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:20 am

Descender wrote:i was gonna be first but i was getting ready to go out
anyways im going out

Heh heh, it's been stolen from you.
:FeelsGreatMan:
hereisme
Civilian
Civilian

Postby ejjinami » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:56 am

ngl, I think I got the best role I could have ever wished for XD

besides cit, that is

all hail lemon
hereisme wrote:First time I've ever been first...

hi hereisme

15 : 14,5

Last updated: 18.02.2021
ejjinami
Medium
Medium

Postby ejjinami » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:56 am

Descender wrote:i was gonna be first but i was getting ready to go out
anyways im going out

soulread yourself lol

ejjinami
Medium
Medium

Postby ejjinami » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:59 am

hi emily, I can see you lurking

are you scum?

ejjinami
Medium
Medium

Postby ejjinami » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:02 am

riiiiight

scum = a term used to describe all roles that aren’t aligned with the town
dunno if it’s been explained in the last game or not

ejjinami
Medium
Medium

Postby Emily372 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:03 am

You know, I wish I was a Vanilla Townie. I should be quarantined from everyone at all costs. I am ill IRL.
But then again, everyone has to have a night ability...
Last edited by Emily372 on Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Serial Killer has killed the TT Jailor... and now the Town has congratulated that serial killer for no reason.
That TT Jailor has a will covered in blood, making it unreadable...
Since there is no medium, the town lost to the SK.
Emily372
Witch
Witch

Postby watchme1 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:03 am

A quick note about WW theory and how I will play this game. Note that the arguments and facts presented here are indisputable, and that I will not engage in arguments about them, because those arguments are you wasting everyone else's time about meta that is well and comprehensively established. Go make reads so we can read you.

I've reflected on my role and realized that there is a GTO play for me in this game, and therefore I am compelled to pursue it. I am going to brute force my clearness immediately upon the opening of the thread.

I am hard-claiming, I am an innocent child
Benefits:

1. I will survive tonight: I do not believe the wolves are able to kill me tonight, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would ever do this as an innocent child. I believe that this decision reduces the importance of an innocent child cover to be provided by all of you to the point of it being negligible. The wolves have already been outplayed, as it were.

2. I'm lock clear: All of you already know I'm lock clear, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would do this as a wolf. You know this for at least two reasons. First, this is the easiest, lowest-stress, lowest-demand game to wolf in that I've ever played in (except for turbos). I have no need to complicate my life, as a wolf, by open-claiming on thread open, when all I have to do is provide like a C-level wolf game to probably win. This is the rare instance where you literally know that I have a billion other options as a wolf, AND that I would pursue probably ALL of them before pursuing this. Second, I engage in FPS exceedingly rarely, which necessarily means that I *know* that this will look WEIRD and SHOCKING to you. There is no merit to a wolf play that instantly generates WEIRD and SHOCKED responses that I would be obligated to finesse and manage for the remainder of the game. As a villager, which I am, the burden is totally on you to not $#@! up and lynch me. Makes my life super awesome.

3. There are only 8 players you need to try to read, rather than 7: I have already provided a "free" check of me in a game with a mere 9 players. Our win equity is dramatically improved by my being entirely off the table for the entire game.

Conclusion:

The burden of sound reasoning is now entirely upon you. I am an innocent child, and thus a villager, and thus lock clear. The game is immediately simpler than it would otherwise have been, because of my decision. Now, let us enjoy that benefit and win the game.

Also, to preempt a lengthy and pointless discussion.

It is NOT dumb to ponder this post and convince yourself of its wisdom. That is your obligation as not an innocent child, and I encourage you to think it over for as long as it takes to quell your (initially valid but ultimately unnecessary) concerns.

It IS dumb to, AFTER doing that pondering, conclude that I'm "neutral" or "wolfy." That is legitimately stupid, and I won't entertain it. ONE of the reasons it is a stupid conclusion is that the upside of this play as a wolf is absolutely DWARFED by the upside of this play as a villager. There is no equivalency between the EV gain for wolf-me in this position and villager-me in this position. They're universes apart. That means I wouldn't DO the poorer option of the two (by extension, wolf-me also wouldn't BELIEVE that I could convince the entire game of the truth of these assertions for the entire game, which as an end-game wolf I would have to believe if this strategem were to be worth pursuing). A SECOND reason that conclusion is stupid is that the EV bonus of doing this as a wolf is COMPLETELY DWARFED by me baseline wolf EV anyway. Anything that complicates my wolfing life is RIDICULOUSLY stupid for me to do, given that my wolfing life is ALREADY one of the smoothest, highest expectation wolfing lives in WW history anyway. A THIRD reason that conclusion is stupid is that you would probably have to worry about being EXPLOITED by this gambit in order to get there. However, I have NEVER engaged in this, or any similar, gambit in my entire career, meaning that if there IS exploitation to be had with this play, it is in FUTURE GAMES, not this game. For these reasons, pressuring me is extremely wolfy and should not be engaged in by any villager, ever, in this game. There will be no less productive pursuit than that in this game.

Sucks for the wolves when meta is wielded this brutally, but my allegiance is plain and my strategy perfect. Get #rekt.
FM Record - 26 Wins - 33 Losses - 7 Broke/Draw

Rip tosfm
watchme1
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Postby lemonader666 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:07 am

watchme1 has been revealed to be an Innocent Child!

lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby ejjinami » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:08 am

Emily372 wrote:You know, I wish I was a Vanilla Townie. I should be quarantined from everyone at all costs. I am ill IRL.

yeah, mafia is much less pleasant to play
I’ll put you out of your misery soon :)

Do you remember where you learnt that term btw? Vanilla Town is not a term commonly used on this forum
Have you played FM on any other sites?

I hope you get better soon btw
lemonader666 wrote:watchme1 has been revealed to be an Innocent Child!

wait, for real?
lol

ejjinami
Medium
Medium

Postby watchme1 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:08 am

ejjinami wrote:ngl, I think I got the best role I could have ever wished for XD

besides cit, that is

all hail lemon

hi hereisme

hardclaim ne

do it
FM Record - 26 Wins - 33 Losses - 7 Broke/Draw

Rip tosfm
watchme1
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Postby ejjinami » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:12 am

watchme1 wrote:
ejjinami wrote:ngl, I think I got the best role I could have ever wished for XD

besides cit, that is

all hail lemon

hi hereisme

hardclaim ne

do it

A quick note about WW theory and how I will play this game. Note that the arguments and facts presented here are indisputable, and that I will not engage in arguments about them, because those arguments are you wasting everyone else's time about meta that is well and comprehensively established. Go make reads so we can read you.

I've reflected on my role and realized that there is a GTO play for me in this game, and therefore I am compelled to pursue it. I am going to brute force my clearness immediately upon the opening of the thread.

I am hard-claiming, I am NotEvil.
Benefits:

1. I will survive tonight: I do not believe the wolves are able to kill me tonight, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would ever do this as a NE. I believe that this decision reduces the importance of a NE cover to be provided by all of you to the point of it being negligible. The wolves have already been outplayed, as it were.

2. I'm lock clear: All of you already know I'm lock clear, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would do this as a wolf. You know this for at least two reasons. First, this is the easiest, lowest-stress, lowest-demand game to wolf in that I've ever played in (except for turbos). I have no need to complicate my life, as a wolf, by open-claiming on thread open, when all I have to do is provide like a C-level wolf game to probably win. This is the rare instance where you literally know that I have a billion other options as a wolf, AND that I would pursue probably ALL of them before pursuing this. Second, I engage in FPS exceedingly rarely, which necessarily means that I *know* that this will look WEIRD and SHOCKING to you. There is no merit to a wolf play that instantly generates WEIRD and SHOCKED responses that I would be obligated to finesse and manage for the remainder of the game. As a villager, which I am, the burden is totally on you to not $#@! up and lynch me. Makes my life super awesome.

3. There are only 8 players you need to try to read, rather than 7: I have already provided a "free" check of me in a game with a mere 9 players. Our win equity is dramatically improved by my being entirely off the table for the entire game.

Conclusion:

The burden of sound reasoning is now entirely upon you. I am a NE, and thus a villager, and thus lock clear. The game is immediately simpler than it would otherwise have been, because of my decision. Now, let us enjoy that benefit and win the game.

Also, to preempt a lengthy and pointless discussion.

It is NOT dumb to ponder this post and convince yourself of its wisdom. That is your obligation as not a NE, and I encourage you to think it over for as long as it takes to quell your (initially valid but ultimately unnecessary) concerns.

It IS dumb to, AFTER doing that pondering, conclude that I'm "neutral" or "wolfy." That is legitimately stupid, and I won't entertain it. ONE of the reasons it is a stupid conclusion is that the upside of this play as a wolf is absolutely DWARFED by the upside of this play as a villager. There is no equivalency between the EV gain for wolf-me in this position and villager-me in this position. They're universes apart. That means I wouldn't DO the poorer option of the two (by extension, wolf-me also wouldn't BELIEVE that I could convince the entire game of the truth of these assertions for the entire game, which as an end-game wolf I would have to believe if this strategem were to be worth pursuing). A SECOND reason that conclusion is stupid is that the EV bonus of doing this as a wolf is COMPLETELY DWARFED by me baseline wolf EV anyway. Anything that complicates my wolfing life is RIDICULOUSLY stupid for me to do, given that my wolfing life is ALREADY one of the smoothest, highest expectation wolfing lives in WW history anyway. A THIRD reason that conclusion is stupid is that you would probably have to worry about being EXPLOITED by this gambit in order to get there. However, I have NEVER engaged in this, or any similar, gambit in my entire career, meaning that if there IS exploitation to be had with this play, it is in FUTURE GAMES, not this game. For these reasons, pressuring me is extremely wolfy and should not be engaged in by any villager, ever, in this game. There will be no less productive pursuit than that in this game.

Sucks for the wolves when meta is wielded this brutally, but my allegiance is plain and my strategy perfect. Get #rekt.

ejjinami
Medium
Medium

Postby lemonader666 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:13 am

Right. The no editing rule is effective immediately.

lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby hereisme » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:14 am

ejjinami wrote:

hi hereisme
Congrats on liking your role
<3
hereisme
Civilian
Civilian

Postby ejjinami » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:18 am

I wonder how many people will SR me now XD

/vote PKFlash

gtg btw

ejjinami
Medium
Medium

Postby hereisme » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:20 am

lemonader666 wrote:watchme1 has been revealed to be an Innocent Child!

Alright this is good.
I know you posted a long thing, watch, but I’m too tired to read it.
Personally, I would have needed the legit reveal from lemon anyway.
Mostly due to that flub ya did during Bayonetta showing you’re capable of faking.
But this is good.
Prepare to be Day One voice of reason mate.
hereisme
Civilian
Civilian

Next

Return to Forum Games