D:M@HK Game 1 (Murderer Win)

Looking for some forum fun? This is the place

D:M@HK Game 1 (Murderer Win)

Postby Rickdaily12 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:24 am

This is the game thread for Deception: Murder at Hong Kong. Rules are as follows:

1. As always, if you are not a player in this thread, strictly, please do not post here.

2. Standard Forum Mafia rules apply. Do not spam, do not be disrespectful, no angleshooting, no intentional gamethrowing, no screenshotting your role card, the whole shebang. Anything I might yell at you for in any other social deception game, I'm probably going to yell at you for here. So please don't.

3. No outside communication of any kind. All communication between players will happen in this thread only. Any communication outside of this thread will happen only between you and myself. There will be no means for the Murderer to talk to their Accomplice besides where all the Detectives can see you.

4. Please make at least 1 post of reasonable content every 24 in game hours. If you do not, I will prod you. This means you must contribute at least two actual game content posts to the game every 24 hours, or I will poke you. If I have to prod you three times, or if you do not respond to the prod after 12 hours, you will be replaced.

How Phases Work:

Spoiler: The game's phases are outlined in the following order:

1. Murder Phase
2. First Investigation
3. First Confrontation
4. Second Investigation
5. Second Confrontation
6. Ally Phase
7. Third Investigation
8. Third Confrontation
9. Final Investigation
10. Final Confrontation
11. Trial Phase

Investigation Phases are 24 Hours long, and are the only times players may post directly in the thread. During all other Phases, the Game Thread will be closed, and will last up to 12 hours or until ended sooner.

Murder Phases

Once the game begins and all role cards have been sent out, the Game Thread will be closed. All players will receive their role cards, and all players other than the Forensic Scientist receive their 6 Means and Clue cards. These cards are public knowledge and are known to all players at all times.

The Murderer will then choose how the murder occurred, and then the Accomplice will choose someone to frame for the crime.

Once this is done, the Forensic Scientist will be informed of the crime and the frame job, and then begin drawing and placing clues onto the first tiles of the game.

Investigation Phases

This will be the only phase in the game when the Game Thread will be open.

During this time, all players other than the Forensic Scientist may freely interact with each other. This is the time when players are allowed to discuss what they think is happening, who they think is guilty, how they might have done it, and any overlooked threats to be worried about. It is also alright for players to make possible requests and suggestions to the Forensic Scientist, but the Forensic Scientist is strictly prohibited from responding in any way.

The Murderer Team will not be able to communicate outside of the thread in any way. Any direct communication they use between each other will happen during this phase.

The Investigation Phase can be skipped if agreed to by the players by majority vote: this can be done by bolding /skip Investigation

Confrontation Phases

These will be short phases where the Game Thread will closed.

All players will be given the opportunity to provide a 1000 character summary of the events as they understand it during this phase. They can also decline this opportunity. Each player's responses will be added to the thread as I receive them, but each player can only do this once in the phase.

Once I've received all responses/refusals, or once time runs out, the next Investigation Phase begins after the Forensic Scientist replaces one of the tiles.

Ally Phase:

This will be a short, midgame phase.

The Inside Man will direct me in private to remove a player's badge.

The Lab Technician will also ask the Forensic Scientist whether or not a Means/Clue owned by a player was involved in the murder, in private.

Once both actions are submitted, the Third Investigation begins. Any actions not submitted by the deadline will be used at random.

Trial Phase:

This will also be a very brief phase where the Game Thread is closed.

This phase will only begin if the Murderer is ever correctly identified before the end of the Final Confrontation. This will only occur if the correct Means/Clue card is identified.

The Murderer will, without the help of the Inside Man or the Accomplice, tell me which player they believe to be the Witness. They win if the guess is right, and lose if it isn't.

AT ANY TIME BEFORE THE END OF THE GAME:

All players, with the exception of the Forensic Scientist, are in possession of a badge once Murder Phase begins. At any point after the Murder Phase, they may sacrifice their badge in order to guess which Means/Clue cards were involved in the murder. This can happen during any phase, even if the Game Thread is closed.

If the guess was wrong, the badge is lost, and the player loses this ability for the remainder of the game.

If the guess was correct, Trial Phase begins, even if the Murderer/Accomplice/Inside Man were the ones who used their badge to begin this phase.

If the guess was wrong, AND if the guess was not made by the Murderer's team, AND if the guess exactly matches the framed player's Means/Clue card, the Murderer team instantly wins.
Last edited by Rickdaily12 on Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:20 pm, edited 10 times in total.
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Looking for guides? :D

Check out the LGBTAI+ Thread!

Rickdaily12
FM Awards: Town

Re: D:M@HK Game 1 (Final Confrontation)

Postby Rickdaily12 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:34 am

Detectives:

1. Rickdaily12 (Forensic Scientist)
2. UzayAltay
3. watchme1
4. EvilDeanius0
5. Multiuniverse
6. Chemist1422
7. dolphina
8. CheezePie

* - denotes prod

Role List and Role Summaries:

Murderer
Clever Accomplice
Forensic Scientist
Witness
Protective Detail
Lab Technician
Investigator
Investigator

Spoiler: MURDERER - Chooses the Means/Clue cards for the murder of this game. If caught, attempts to identify the Witness, and wins if successful. Also knows the Clever Accomplice, and the Means/Clue cards they choose for the frame job.

CLEVER ACCOMPLICE - Knows the Murderer, and the Means/Clue card used in the murder. Also selects a Means/Clue card belonging to any player other than the Murderer, after the Murderer makes their selection. The Clever Accomplice can self-target for this ability. If the Clever Accomplice's combination is guessed by any enemy player, that player is framed and the Murderer's team wins.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FORENSIC SCIENTIST - Is full spoiled on the game. Known by all players. Knows the full roles of every player, as well as the Means/Clue used in the murder, as well as the Means/Clue used in the frame job. Is responsible for the decision making and clues given for all Scene tiles drawn in the game. CANNOT SPEAK. The Forensic Scientist begins the game on the Witness team.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WITNESS - Knows the identities of the Murderer, and Clever Accomplice. If identified by the Murderer, the Witness team loses.

PROTECTIVE DETAIL - Knows the identity of the Witness.

LAB TECHNICIAN - Will inquire about a single Means/Clue card belonging to any other player, during Allies Phase. They will be informed whether or not the card was used in the murder.

INVESTIGATOR - No special ability.

ISOs

Rickdaily12
UzayAltay
watchme1
EvilDeanius0
Multiuniverse
Chemist1422
dolphina
CheezePie
Last edited by Rickdaily12 on Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:18 am, edited 8 times in total.
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Rickdaily12

Re: D:M@HK Game 1 (Final Confrontation)

Postby Rickdaily12 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:59 am

ITEMS POSSESSED BY ALL SUSPECTS:

Items highlighted in Blue text are the possible Means of Murder the Player possesses, used to kill the Victim.
Items highlighted in Red text are the possible Clues Left at the Scene the Player may have used in the process of the murder.
The Murderer has selected one Means and one Clue they possess to outline how they committed this murder.
DETECTIVES MUST CORRECTLY IDENTIFY BOTH ITEMS IN THEIR GUESS IN ORDER TO WIN!

Suspect 1: UZAYALTAY
Balloon, Cheeseburger, Belt, Dirty Needle, Whip, Controlled Demolition
Mosquito Coil, Sombrero, Pen, Speaker, Tea Leaves, Gaming Bag

Suspect 2: WATCHME1
Angry Lion, Steel-Made Fan, Drill, Ninja Star, Arsenic, Racing Bicycle
Flashlight, Hanger, Jewelry, Dog Fur, Cockroach, Badge with Lanyard

Suspect 3: EVILDEANIUS0
Eiffel Tower Souvenir, Spartan Sword, Car, Illegal Drug, Marble Brick, Explosives
Michelangelo's Brush, Handkerchief, Lottery Ticket, Yarn, Fax, Eggshell

Suspect 4: MULTIUNIVERSE
Airship, Elevator Shaft, Towel, Curling Stone, Drown, Starvation
Tissue, Rubber Stamp, Clockwork Bird, Sand, Book, Light Bulb

Suspect 5: CHEMIST1422
Cricket Bat, Scissors, Video Game Console, Machine, Tequila, Pistol
Telephone, Maze, Fly Swatter, Castanets, Computer, Calendar

Suspect 6: DOLPHINA
Big Ben Souvenir, Electric Current, Medical Waste, Gas Leak, Race Horse, Poisonous Mushroom
Powder, Cassette Tape, Computer Disk, Syringe, Superhero Cape, Maple Leaf

Suspect 7: CHEEZEPIE
Arson, Work, Laser Shark, Poisonous Gas, Matches, Lighter
Sponge, Office Supplies, Designer Handbag, Bracelet, Wineskin, Eyeliner

(Names highlighted in black still possess their badge. Names highlighted in red no longer possess their badge.)
Last edited by Rickdaily12 on Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:55 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Rickdaily12

Re: D:M@HK Game 1 (Murder Phase)

Postby Rickdaily12 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:15 am

Role cards are now being sent out, and the game will begin immediately.

Also, please note the following disclaimer:

As I am the Forensic Scientist for this game, please be advised that I am in fact a player of this game, unlike in most other games that I moderate. This means that I will be taking actions in this game with the express intention of trying to adjust the game outcome in a way that is favorable to my team. The Forensic Scientist is a member of the Witness Team. My win conditions follow theirs. My in-game actions will expressly be in the greater interest of the uninformed majority, and against the interest of the scum.

However, I hereby swear that the game setup and randomization of both cards you as a player possesses, as well as the Scene/Event Tiles that appear, were randomized without any bias, nor my outside modification. This means that I have confined myself to the randomization of the game as you see it, whether those randomizations benefit or harm me as a player of the game. You will note that this post was made before your role card was sent to you, as evidence of this: I did not know what any of your roles would be before making this post.

Also, that I will never be posting in this game, (as the
Forensic Scientist is explicitly not allowed to do), with the ONLY EXCEPTION of posts that I must make as the Moderator of this game. You are allowed to talk, communicate, and otherwise directly interact with me as a player of this game. Just note that I can only respond to you as the Moderator of this game, and NOT as the Forensic Scientist.

In short, if you are asking me questions that a Moderator ought to answer, I may respond. If you are talking to me as the
Forensic Scientist, I definitely will not.

Rickdaily12

Postby Rickdaily12 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:37 am

MURDER PHASE BEGINS

Please standby...
A victim's body has just arrived from the Crime Scene and our Forensic Scientist will now review the evidence with great care.
Expect an Autopsy Report as soon as we get one from them.

The Murderer must now inform me of a Means and Clue used in this murder.
Then the Clever Accomplice will choose someone to frame.

Once both these tasks are complete, the Forensic Scientist will draw the first six Scene Tiles to form the initial Autopsy Report.
After this, First Investigation will begin.

Murder Phase will end at April 21st, 12:30 PM CDT, or .

Rickdaily12

Postby Rickdaily12 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:07 pm

I am extending this phase by 12 hours as the majority of players still yet to have even opened their role cards yet.

After this extension, though, the game will begin and I'll just prod people as necessary.

Rickdaily12

Postby Rickdaily12 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:49 am

We have now received the Initial Autopsy Report from our Forensic Scientist!

CAUSE OF DEATH: ACCIDENT
Ruled Out: Suffocation, Severe Injury, Loss of Blood, Illness or Disease, Poisoning.

LOCATION OF CRIME: PLAYGROUND
Ruled Out: Living Room, Bedroom, Storeroom, Bathroom, Kitchen, Balcony
Vacation Home, Park, Supermarket, School, Woods, Bank
Classroom, Dormitory, Cafeteria, Elevator, Toilet
Pub, Bookstore, Restaurant, Hotel, Hospital, Building Site
Public Building, Business, Residence, Common Outdoor Space, Secluded Outdoor Space, Unknown.

TIME OF DEATH: NOON
Ruled Out: Dawn, Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night.

STATE OF THE SCENE: DISORDERLY
Ruled Out: Bits and Pieces, Ashes, Water Stain, Crushed, Tidy.

SUDDEN INCIDENT: CONFLICT
Ruled Out: Power Failure, Fire, Loss of Valuables, Scream, Nothing.

MOTIVE OF CRIME: JEALOUSY
Ruled Out: Hatred, Power, Money, Love, Justice.

Rickdaily12

Re: D:M@HK Game 1 (First Investigation)

Postby Rickdaily12 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:51 am

BEGIN FIRST INVESTIGATION!

Detectives, this is now your chance to get to the bottom of the case.

Using the clues from the Autopsy Report, it is time to discuss among yourselves how you think this murder occurred, and who was responsible for this.

First Investigation will end on April 22nd, 1:00 PM CDT, or .

Rickdaily12

Postby Multiuniverse » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:55 am

It was Colonel Mustard in the Study with a Candlestick

Thanks parker for the gif and SuperDuper for suggesting rotational sig
Multiuniverse
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner

Postby Multiuniverse » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:05 pm

Initial thoughts

Angry Lion, Steel-Made Fan, Drill, Ninja Star (?), Arsenic, Racing Bicycle

Eiffel Tower Souvenir, Spartan Sword, Car, Illegal Drug, Marble Brick, Explosives

Suspect 5: BRVR

Big Ben Souvenir, Electric Current, Medical Waste, Gas Leak, Race Horse, Poisonous Mushroom

Multiuniverse

Postby Multiuniverse » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:06 pm

Multiuniverse wrote:Initial thoughts

Angry Lion, Steel-Made Fan, Drill, Ninja Star (?), Arsenic, Racing Bicycle

Took out flashlight cause noon

Multiuniverse

Postby EvilDeanius0 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:30 pm

Bear in mind that you shouldn't necessarily look at a weapon/clue and try to make it fit, you should be asking "Is that the option that would be chosen if this was the item?

For example: Cricket bat.
Could you be killed in an accident with one? Yes
But would you really pick accident when severe injury/loss of blood are options?
FM Record: 39 - 61
EvilDeanius0
FM Awards: Neutral

Postby UzayAltay » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:33 pm

I cannot think an accident involving arsenic, so I think arsenic is the only one ruled out for accident.
I guess playground is sth like child park (or blame Google).
Angry Lion is unlikely, I think I'd pick Hospital for angry lion, others fit one way or another. Maybe except steel-made fan as it seems more indoor.
Hanger is generaly an indoor thing, though I can see them being in outdoor.
Time of death: does nothing
state of scene: well if playground is a childpark, it is somewhat normal for it to be disordered so it felt just normal option.
I don't think I can get out of anything else with last two, either.
From watchme, I think most likely two are racing bicycle-badge with lanyard and ninja star- jewelry.

Accident: none
playground: not drug and explosives for obvious reasons. I am unsure what Marble Brick is but it is unlikely imo. Car is also unlikely. Fax is unlikely. handkerchief and eggshell is unlikely.
time of death: I doubt this helps again.
state: what I said.
Well, maybe eggshell is what's meant to be pointed out but I cannot think eggshell in playground much.
Last two: Lottery ticket bats an eye to me. The above things does not exactly point out playground for me but lottery ticket is perfect for jealousy imo.
Most likely: Souvenir/Sword + Ticket. Souvenir is likelier imo compared to sword.

Accident: no starvation.
play ground: no elevator, no drown, no airship? unsure about last one as I am unsure whether it is possible to have playground at airships but still it doesn't seem the likeliest one.
sand pings me interesting as I saw some playground images with sand.
time: that spesifically points clockwork bird but other than that I cant think anything else.
state of scene: Maybe not towel due to not picking water choice, but even this is somewhat a strech and I have nothing else.
last two: didn't give me much there but make some doubles less likely, such as towel+ sand.
Most likely: Curling stone/towel + clockwork bird. Former is likelier.

I wil probably make second half later.

46-46 Spoiler: Town Games(27-32)

NFM50,NFM51,NFM52,14D,14E, NFM54 ,14H (AF), 14G, NFM 55, NFM 56, 15C, NFM 57, NFM 58,15F,SFM45,16B, VFM36, 16D , SFM 47 , VFM38, NFM62 , 16G ,VFM 39, EpisodeXVII, 17B , 17C , VFM44 , 17D , 17F,18C,18D,18E,VFM55,VFM57,SFM64, 19C,VFM58,VFM59 ,19D,VFM60,SFM66,SFM67,VFM64,SFM70,VFM69,XX7,XX9, VFM71,VFM72, VFM73, VFM74, 21A,VFM75,VFM76,XX14,VFM77,XX16,VFM78,VFM79

Scum Games (19-14)

NFM 48 , NFM 49 , TFM 65 ,TFM 66 , Episode XV ,TFM68 ,VFM 34, NFM61 , VFM42 , SFM53, VFM43,17E,VFM49,SFM60,CFM19,VFM54, EpisodeXIX, SFM63, 19E, 19F ,VFM62 ,VFM63,XX3,VFM66,XX5,VFM67,XX6,SFM72,XX8,VFM70,XX10,SFM76,SFM80
UzayAltay
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner

Postby UzayAltay » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:35 pm

EvilDeanius0 wrote:Bear in mind that you shouldn't necessarily look at a weapon/clue and try to make it fit, you should be asking "Is that the option that would be chosen if this was the item?

But would you really pick accident when severe injury/loss of blood are options?

Well my main question is shall I just rule them out completely or think it is possible but not exactly in primary range
I am planning to go with latter one for now as it seems somewhat easier to me

NFM50,NFM51,NFM52,14D,14E, NFM54 ,14H (AF), 14G, NFM 55, NFM 56, 15C, NFM 57, NFM 58,15F,SFM45,16B, VFM36, 16D , SFM 47 , VFM38, NFM62 , 16G ,VFM 39, EpisodeXVII, 17B , 17C , VFM44 , 17D , 17F,18C,18D,18E,VFM55,VFM57,SFM64, 19C,VFM58,VFM59 ,19D,VFM60,SFM66,SFM67,VFM64,SFM70,VFM69,XX7,XX9, VFM71,VFM72, VFM73, VFM74, 21A,VFM75,VFM76,XX14,VFM77,XX16,VFM78,VFM79

Scum Games (19-14)

NFM 48 , NFM 49 , TFM 65 ,TFM 66 , Episode XV ,TFM68 ,VFM 34, NFM61 , VFM42 , SFM53, VFM43,17E,VFM49,SFM60,CFM19,VFM54, EpisodeXIX, SFM63, 19E, 19F ,VFM62 ,VFM63,XX3,VFM66,XX5,VFM67,XX6,SFM72,XX8,VFM70,XX10,SFM76,SFM80
UzayAltay
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner

Postby Multiuniverse » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:38 pm

@uzay can you also give thoughts on your own ones

Multiuniverse

Postby UzayAltay » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:51 pm

I may after finishing others but is it even helpful?

Scum Games (19-14)

UzayAltay
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner

Postby EvilDeanius0 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:57 pm

If I had to take an immediate guess:
Racing Bicycle
Dog Fur
EvilDeanius0

Postby EvilDeanius0 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:01 pm

Its always hard to guess which clues relate to what. I kinda like Elevator Shaft for accident, but that doesn't relate to Playground, but Playground could be pointing towards Sand instead
EvilDeanius0

Postby EvilDeanius0 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:04 pm

UzayAltay wrote:
EvilDeanius0 wrote:Bear in mind that you shouldn't necessarily look at a weapon/clue and try to make it fit, you should be asking "Is that the option that would be chosen if this was the item?

Well my main question is shall I just rule them out completely or think it is possible but not exactly in primary range
I am planning to go with latter one for now as it seems somewhat easier to me

Particularly with accident, I would say if it is more likely to be used to intentionally murder (such as bludgeoning someone to death) then its probably safe to disregard
EvilDeanius0

Postby dolphina » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:07 pm

EvilDeanius0 wrote:If I had to take an immediate guess:
Racing Bicycle
Dog Fur

this does seem plausible to me, i’d probably guess this at a first glance

will copypaste evidence and do some wacky stuff to show you what i think would be ruled out
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby UzayAltay » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:12 pm

I can't really think jealousy pointing either sand or shaft. Yeah that was an example and I got your point but wanted to state.

Scum Games (19-14)

UzayAltay
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner

Postby dolphina » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:20 pm

The only way I can think of balloon or cheeseburger being used is suffocation (helium balloons contain helium, a simple asphyxiant, also you can force the victim to breathe only through the balloon, use the string as an asphyxiant... but what else can you use it for? cheeseburgers... choking), whip only applies for the severe injury, controlled demolition..
no

the rest of these aren’t relevant to the location of the crime.

flashlight is irrelevant at this time of day, angry lion is impossible, steel-made fan, drill, ninja star, arsenic... things you would not find at a playground/used to kill in an accident. i find racing bicycle slightly plausible but then again, you don’t typically find children using racing bicycles. or find racing bicycles at playgrounds.

you do find cockroaches at parks. sometimes. not really. dog fur most likely, jewelry/hanger/badge with lanyard all irrelevant. if the state of the scene is disorderly, then it’s likely you might find dog fur.

NONE OF THESE MAKE SENSE

grabs everything here
throws it out the nearest window

NO

no means of murder nor clues quite apply. sand and tissues could probably only cause suffocation, and nothing else makes sense in the context of a playground. also curling stone in playground doesn’t make any sense

>means of murder irrelevant
>same thing with clues
>cricket bat example already said
>fly swatter would be pure blunt force trauma which isn’t an accident kind of thing

it honestly should be obvious that none of these make any fucking sense
if you think otherwise i’m disappointed

no. there’s nothing here. maybe bracelet? but that would be basically the only thing. but then again WHY WOULD YOU CHOOSE ACCIDENT WITH A FUCKING B R A C E L E T

if i’m doing this wrong someone please shame me and tell me how bad i’m doing
i’ve never played this game before

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby EvilDeanius0 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:25 pm

Also if they were killed by accident then was it really a murder and should we just all go home?
EvilDeanius0

Postby dolphina » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:27 pm

involuntary manslaughter is still a crime

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby UzayAltay » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:53 pm

@dolphina one thing I can say is as I understand the things at blue should be directly related when the things at red is more indirectly, maybe even not related sometimes but found at crime scene but it felt me you are checking them both for the first criteria.

Scum Games (19-14)

UzayAltay
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner

Next

Return to Forum Games