Somehow started a 1 person game.

Bug reports from playing on our Public Test Realm

Somehow started a 1 person game.

Postby Spockus21 » Fri May 08, 2020 5:32 pm

Was looking around the other lobbies trying to find people who weren't playing TT mode and accidentally clicked the start button in normal All Any. Then. this happened:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

Town won because the only role in the game was a retri.
Spockus21
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Somehow started a 1 person game.

Postby DocExer » Sun May 10, 2020 10:38 am

Spockus21, thanks for your bug report. That shouldn't have been possible as there should not be a START button in an All Any game, although obviously it happened since you have screenshots. I haven't been able to reproduce this, so if you manage to run into this scenario again and have more detailed reproduction steps, that would be helpful. Thanks again for reporting this.
DocExer
Developer
Developer

Postby Spockus21 » Sun May 10, 2020 2:26 pm

I have like 11 tickets left so I'll try to do it again. Anything specific you need me to screenshot for this?
Spockus21
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby DocExer » Mon May 11, 2020 6:58 am

If you can capture a screenshot of the Start button being visible in All Any, along with the steps you took to get there (such as previous screens you had visited, game modes, etc) that would be very helpful.
DocExer
Developer
Developer

Postby woahah » Mon May 11, 2020 8:09 am

DocExer wrote:Spockus21, thanks for your bug report. That shouldn't have been possible as there should not be a START button in an All Any game, although obviously it happened since you have screenshots. I haven't been able to reproduce this, so if you manage to run into this scenario again and have more detailed reproduction steps, that would be helpful. Thanks again for reporting this.

why shouldn't there be start button?
Also, @Spockus: did a bunch of people leave just before you clicked start?
woahah
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby DocExer » Fri May 15, 2020 1:24 pm

In All/Any Lobbies, the game starts automatically when the Lobby fills up, so there is no Start button. It may be that I misunderstood the OP when he said lobbies. Lobby is a very specific screen. Perhaps Spockus21 was referring to the Party screen rather than the Lobby? The Party screen does have a Start button if you got there by clicking the Create Party button. If the game started automatically from the Party screen without going through lobby, that would be strange indeed.
DocExer
Developer
Developer

Postby Spockus21 » Fri May 15, 2020 7:34 pm

DocExer wrote:In All/Any Lobbies, the game starts automatically when the Lobby fills up, so there is no Start button. It may be that I misunderstood the OP when he said lobbies. Lobby is a very specific screen. Perhaps Spockus21 was referring to the Party screen rather than the Lobby? The Party screen does have a Start button if you got there by clicking the Create Party button. If the game started automatically from the Party screen without going through lobby, that would be strange indeed.

Figured out how to replicate this, you're partially correct.

Create a party, select all any, and then spam click start in the bottom right-hand corner. This will enter the lobby and the start timer will instantly begin counting down with 1 person. I started a second 1-player game this way. This would probably work on any gamemode you are the host for, but I'm not sure because getting into a TT lobby with just one person is probably not happening rn. There is no start button appearing in all any.

Screenshot of the second game:

To answer woahah's question: No, at least as far as I can tell.
Spockus21
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby MysticMismagius » Fri May 15, 2020 7:54 pm

On Spock's request, I was able to replicate this on a Mac computer.

I bailed out of the lobby before the game could actually start, but you can see the countdown timer in this image.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby DocExer » Fri May 15, 2020 9:46 pm

Thanks! This should be enough info for me to root cause the issue. Will post here again with a confirmation when I've fixed it. Appreciate your help in figuring this out.
DocExer
Developer
Developer

Return to PTR Bug Reports