VFM40 | Salem Witch Trials II | Mafia Win

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: VFM40 | Salem Witch Trials II | Day 1

Postby ejjinami » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:21 pm

FMLSheWas12 wrote:In addition I will grant prodge immunity for 36 hours so at the 36th hour you will be treated like you posted at daystart and by the 60th hour you will be prodded if you haven't posted already.

):<
Fck, then why did I pr0dge if that was in pIay
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
TheWabbit wrote: As such, time to build the Town core.

Spoiler: Image
the st0ry y0u never knew xd
GI with buiIding
Chemist1422 wrote:
Royee wrote:
TheWabbit wrote:Hi.

The post limit isn't actually aligned with my posting etiquette but I guess adaptation is key. As such, time to build the Town core.

I accuse Eragon1329 of witchcraft.

Why Eragon?
I accuse Jalandh of witchcraft.

He's not even in this game

I0I, derp n0t SvS
Royee wrote:
Chemist1422 wrote:He's not even in this game

It was my last meme just saying.
chemist, did you look at the player list? are you trying to waste me some posts?

that’s an 0verreacti0n, but n0t necessariIy scummy
it’s pr0b a bit earIy t0 anaIyze it, but R0yee’s reacti0n feeIs as if he was paran0id ab0ut the 35-p0st Iimit bef0re the game even started, which then made him get angry ab0ut that when chemist started p0sting
The fact that he was stiII genuineIy freaked 0ut ab0ut that just after getting his RC feeIs sIightIy m0re IikeIy t0 c0me fr0m t0wn,
but I0I,
That’s a guess based 0n a guess, which was based 0n yet an0ther guess, s0 it’s n0t sth which w0uId give me a str0ng read
Phone0Ix wrote:Also not gonna vote yet for Eragon/Jalandh, they both didn't speak yet. @FML how long do we have the time to vote for trials?

Chemist I'd wait a little with accusing Royee. FML said the day is becoming a bit longer.

Y0u’re being carefuI
and y0u were taIking ab0ut v0ting “guiIty/inn0” 0n erag0n/JaIand, right?
If s0, why didn’t y0u want t0 v0te? That w0uId have been n0 different fr0m a RvS v0te in a n0rmaI game

Btw, that pr0b impIies that phe0nix and R0yee sh0uIdn’t b,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Crap xd
I just reaIized that interacti0n reads are c0mpIeteIy useIess, cuz n0 0ne wiII be inf0rmed 0f any scum/t0wn fIips anyways
S0me0ne23 wrote:If anybody wants to press or "vote" someone without intending to formally accuse and lynch them, just say FoS. Wasting a limited resource on pressure is -ev.
Like holy crap.

): s0rry
TheWabbit wrote:We should treat this game as mountainous.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^66
haha :D I0I, I th0ught that I'd be the 0nIy 0ne getting my ass kicked f0r p0sting bad ideas
agree 100%
I think we might have simiIar th0ughts ab0ut game strategy here
TheWabbit wrote:In response to Phone0Ix's question, I meant that I've already ran situations in my mind. That's why opting for Eragon1329's trial is beneficial to Town. I agree that Royee's reaction to my accusation towards Eragon1329 is odd, wasteful if any.

Tbh that 0nIy c0nfused me
D0es that mean that y0ur push 0n erag0n reaIIy had s0me basis behind it? if s0, what? :/
JoltikIsDubby wrote:Can we please not waste our trials and messages thanks

sIightIy Iamist, but meh :/
LOLingHyena wrote:Royee: Already used up 7 of their 35 posts. Two of them are interactions with Phone, another two are interactions with Chemist, and then another one is with Wabbit + Jalandh. I don't like how their accusation of Jalandh felt like a reaction to Wabbit's accusation of Eragon, especially when they go on in their next post calling out Chemist for what they think is an attempt to waste posts. There doesn't appear to be any calculation in their accusation of Jalandh, at least compared to Wabbit's accusation.

can y0u c0mment 0n the stuff I wr0te ab0ut R0y?
Chemist1422 wrote:Hyena putting a lot of content in 1 post is a very good look

I'm p sure that's nai f0r him
Royee wrote:
Chemist1422 wrote:
TheWabbit wrote:I've planned everything out. My accusation towards Eragom1329 will yield significant output. All the other accusations better explain their grounds.

It's best if everyone else has an idea to work around the flipless mechanic. Would share mine later on.

hypoclaim medium

this is a bad claim, you just gave mafia advantage.

that feeIs s0 much Iike a sheep :/ y0u haven’t read wabbit’s p0st bef0re p0sting this, did y0u?
it's weird

-------------------------------------------

st0pped 0n erag0n’s waII 0n page 2

I can’t read anym0re, it's 4 AM and I have t0 get up earIy t0m0rr0w again
but t0m0rr0w is the Iast day 0f Christmas, s0 I’II catch up after that
s0rry xd

15 : 14,5

Last updated: 18.02.2021
ejjinami
Medium
Medium

Postby FMLSheWas12 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:09 pm

Trial of Eragon1329.

Current Vote Count
Player Votes Voters
  # Votes Until Majority

Phone0Ix, Crimson97, Jalandh, TheWabbit, Jezz92, ejjinami, Royee, S0me0ne23, OptimisticalOne, Multiuniverse, LOLingHyena

Trial of Jalandh.

Current Vote Count
Player Votes Voters
  # Votes Until Majority

Chemist1422, Phone0Ix, Crimson97, TheWabbit, Jezz92, Eragon1329, ejjinami, Royee, S0me0ne23, OptimisticalOne, JoltikIsDubby, Multiuniverse, LOLingHyena

Trial of Phone0Ix.

Current Vote Count
Player Votes Voters
  # Votes Until Majority

Crimson97, Jalandh, TheWabbit, Jezz92, Eragon1329, ejjinami, Royee, S0me0ne23, OptimisticalOne, JoltikIsDubby, Multiuniverse, LOLingHyena

Trial of Multiuniverse.

Current Vote Count
Player Votes Voters
  # Votes Until Majority

Chemist1422, Phone0Ix, Crimson97, Jalandh, TheWabbit, Jezz92, Eragon1329, ejjinami, Royee, S0me0ne23, OptimisticalOne, JoltikIsDubby

Trial of Royee.

Current Vote Count
Player Votes Voters
  # Votes Until Majority

Phone0Ix, Crimson97, Jalandh, TheWabbit, Jezz92, Eragon1329, ejjinami, S0me0ne23, OptimisticalOne, JoltikIsDubby, Multiuniverse

3 trials remaining.

Villagers:

1. Chemist1422 (12)
  2. Phone0Ix (6)
  3. Crimson97 (2)
  4. Jalandh (5)
  5. non271103 (3)
  6. TheWabbit (5)
  7. Jezz92 (7)
  8. Eragon1329 (6)
  9. ejjinami (4)
  10. Royee (11)
  11. S0me0ne23 (6)
  12. OptimisticalOne (7)
  13. JoltikIsDubby (2)
  14. Multiuniverse (4)
  15. LOLingHyena (11)
FM Star Collection
Spoiler:
Trolled by the League of Losers
Spoiler:
FMLSheWas12
Consort
Consort

Postby S0me0ne23 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:13 am

Don’t have the energy to read the thread, so I’ll catch up when I wake up.
S0me0ne23
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Jezz92 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:27 am

Non, I don’t understand your explanation of you voting guilty on all the trials. If you don’t find the targets townie enough to inno, why vote guilty as opposed to just abstaining until you actually have a confident read on them?

Ejj feels townie a glance but this is purely a gut read and I can’t really elaborate rn till I see more from him.

I am against PR’s claiming but explaining why may benefit scum so I’m gonna hold off for now.
Jezz92
Godfather
Godfather

Postby non271103 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:46 am

Jezz92 wrote:Non, I don’t understand your explanation of you voting guilty on all the trials. If you don’t find the targets townie enough to inno, why vote guilty as opposed to just abstaining until you actually have a confident read on them?

The thing is, with the Trial mechanic, we have only 1 vote on each person per day. I want to use that as a chance to put pressure on them. In this game, Eragon was put on trial and he made a few pro town posts and everyone just said he's town. Just a few posts is not enough for me, not enough to get a read, hence why I voted everyone.
Tdlr; to pressure them because we only get one chance per person per day
Official Member of the League of Losers™
Spoiler: Image
non271103
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Multiuniverse » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:52 am

non271103 wrote:
Jezz92 wrote:Non, I don’t understand your explanation of you voting guilty on all the trials. If you don’t find the targets townie enough to inno, why vote guilty as opposed to just abstaining until you actually have a confident read on them?

The thing is, with the Trial mechanic, we have only 1 vote on each person per day. I want to use that as a chance to put pressure on them. In this game, Eragon was put on trial and he made a few pro town posts and everyone just said he's town. Just a few posts is not enough for me, not enough to get a read, hence why I voted everyone.
Tdlr; to pressure them because we only get one chance per person per day

That is not how you pressure.

Claiming PR is good because we should play this as mountaineous since there's no flip and if people claim PR we gets 3 people to locktown and now have to find 3 mafia in 12 as opposed to 3 mafia in 15 so better POE

If scum also claims PR too bad for them as we can get PRs to exact claim and one mafia's dead

Also if we're doing it we're only doing it today because since it's flipless and mafia knows their kill target's role (from clairvoyant) we can no longer trust that 3 PRs are alive and can no longer locktown the PRa

Thanks parker for the gif and SuperDuper for suggesting rotational sig
Multiuniverse
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner

Postby FMLSheWas12 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:40 am

ejjinami wrote:The p0ti0n maker sh0uId heaviIy c0nsider heaIing the medium
[0r themseIves if it’s aII0wed,,, it’s n0t actuaIIy written 0n the RC, s0 /shrug)

I should probably clarify this. I wouldn't allow the potion maker to self-visit.

I should have put this on the rolecard, sorry
FM Star Collection
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
FMLSheWas12
Consort
Consort

Postby FMLSheWas12 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:56 am

FMLSheWas12 wrote:
ejjinami wrote:The p0ti0n maker sh0uId heaviIy c0nsider heaIing the medium
[0r themseIves if it’s aII0wed,,, it’s n0t actuaIIy written 0n the RC, s0 /shrug)

I should probably clarify this. I wouldn't allow the potion maker to self-visit.

I should have put this on the rolecard, sorry

In addition prod immunity is over. If a player does not post from 10:00 AM EST and 24 hours from that time, they will be prodded as per usual.
FM Star Collection
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
FMLSheWas12
Consort
Consort

Postby Eragon1329 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:29 am

I’m on mobile and still hanging out with fam today, if I have time and feel like posting on mobile I’ll do t, but more likely I’ll be more active once I have access to a computer and have a fair amount of time.
Spoiler:

TG/FM Records

28-30-6

Eragon1329
FM Awards: Neutral
FM Awards: Neutral

Postby Chemist1422 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:39 am

I have returned from not being here

Ejji is a slight gut town read
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby LOLingHyena » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:01 pm

Let me ask you this, Jezz. Do you plan on voting either of guilty or not-guilty on Multi or Royee later in the day? The way I feel about all of this is that abstaining from a vote in this type of setup is much worse than voting guilty or not guilty. Yes, I think it'll be hard to get associative reads this game without flips, but what I see right now is people putting more effort into figuring out why Non made those votes (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) instead making an effort to sort Multi or Royee (which IS a bad thing, I think).

Even Someone is more concerned about the people around Royee rather than Royee theirself, who has two votes on them. And as I mentioned, it's not a bad thing to be reading people making pushes or defending people. All I'm saying is that, in most cases, they're not the ones who are under trial right now.
On the prospect of me being a wolf in VFM 18:
milte345 wrote:A hyena can't be a wolf because it is in fact a hyena
Ez.
LOLingHyena
Witch
Witch

Postby Jalandh » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:05 pm

I reallllly don't like Hyenas buddying and wking of Non.

Because the game is flipless, scum will definitely be protecting their own more. I feel like every lost of Hyena in some way has either been protecting or praising non or attacking someone else
Use your full power. Take out your soul weapon, and do your best. Otherwise...

You'll die.
Jalandh
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Phone0Ix » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:08 pm

/inno Eragon
/inno Jalandh
Call me Phone Ig

Or Silver because of my old discord name. Or Mikan because of my new discord name. Or Julian as that's my actual name
Phone0Ix

Postby S0me0ne23 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:32 pm

/vote Not Guilty Jalandh
Jalandh has that brazen tone/attitude of his.
S0me0ne23
Lookout
Lookout

Postby S0me0ne23 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:34 pm

Jezz, what was the last game we played in together?
S0me0ne23
Lookout
Lookout

Postby TheWabbit » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:36 pm

nyeh..

nobody entered my town core

too bad

perhaps..

it's time to drop the edgy explosive drama bombs

probably better this way

TheWabbit
FM Awards: Mafia

Postby Phone0Ix » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:42 pm

Phone0Ix wrote:/inno Eragon
/inno Jalandh

/vote Not Guilty Eragon
/vote Not Guilty Jalandh
Call me Phone Ig

Or Silver because of my old discord name. Or Mikan because of my new discord name. Or Julian as that's my actual name
Phone0Ix

Postby TheWabbit » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:54 pm

Bummer, I can't simultaneously start 2 more accusations.

LOLingHyena feels too warm towards the gamestate. They've been cordial, a bit too much probably. Paranoia states that this was to set positive feedback. Pretty much sure people would get reluctant to approach LOLingHyena negatively if this continued.

I'm partially into with ejjnami's proposition for a mass claim. If we're going to approach a flipless game where Town's ability to determine roles is EXTREMELY limited, it would be better left as a duel of words rather than a game of chess, but reducing the pool would help. Taking account Multiuniverse's idea, should there be a dispute between claims, we could easily lynch both claimants.

Answering their question about my trial against Eragon1329, I'd say that I ran through different approaches on how to tackle this game. Stirring up a relatively adequate player like Eragon1329 (considered Jezz92 for this but partially blame bias for this one) would get others to speak up and produce discussion. Given that input for my action has been produced, I may be able to come up with a relative conclusion sooner.

I can see through Jezz92's reluctance in advancing the gamestate. It's either she's yet to find her tempo with the mechanics, or that she's scum. Betting on the former for now, but I'll be pressing this later on.

I'd rather not have this turn into a waiting game.

TheWabbit

Postby FMLSheWas12 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:57 pm

Trial of Eragon1329.

Current Vote Count
Player Votes Voters
  # Votes Until Majority

Crimson97, Jalandh, TheWabbit, Jezz92, ejjinami, Royee, S0me0ne23, OptimisticalOne, Multiuniverse, LOLingHyena

Trial of Jalandh.

Current Vote Count
Player Votes Voters
  # Votes Until Majority

Chemist1422, Crimson97, TheWabbit, Jezz92, Eragon1329, ejjinami, Royee, OptimisticalOne, JoltikIsDubby, Multiuniverse, LOLingHyena

Trial of Phone0Ix.

Current Vote Count
Player Votes Voters
  # Votes Until Majority

Crimson97, Jalandh, TheWabbit, Jezz92, Eragon1329, ejjinami, Royee, S0me0ne23, OptimisticalOne, JoltikIsDubby, Multiuniverse, LOLingHyena

Trial of Multiuniverse.

Current Vote Count
Player Votes Voters
  # Votes Until Majority

Chemist1422, Phone0Ix, Crimson97, Jalandh, TheWabbit, Jezz92, Eragon1329, ejjinami, Royee, S0me0ne23, OptimisticalOne, JoltikIsDubby

Trial of Royee.

Current Vote Count
Player Votes Voters
  # Votes Until Majority

Phone0Ix, Crimson97, Jalandh, TheWabbit, Jezz92, Eragon1329, ejjinami, S0me0ne23, OptimisticalOne, JoltikIsDubby, Multiuniverse

3 trials remaining.

Villagers:

1. Chemist1422 (13)
  2. Phone0Ix (8)
  3. Crimson97 (2)
  4. Jalandh (6)
  5. non271103 (4)
  6. TheWabbit (7)
  7. Jezz92 (8)
  8. Eragon1329 (7)
  9. ejjinami (4)
  10. Royee (11)
  11. S0me0ne23 (9)
  12. OptimisticalOne (7)
  13. JoltikIsDubby (2)
  14. Multiuniverse (5)
  15. LOLingHyena (12)
FM Star Collection
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
FMLSheWas12
Consort
Consort

Postby TheWabbit » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:04 pm

I've concluded that we don't need PRs anymore.

Hasta la vista.

TheWabbit

Postby LOLingHyena » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:13 pm

ejjinami wrote:
Royee wrote:
Chemist1422 wrote:He's not even in this game

It was my last meme just saying.
chemist, did you look at the player list? are you trying to waste me some posts?

that’s an 0verreacti0n, but n0t necessariIy scummy
it’s pr0b a bit earIy t0 anaIyze it, but R0yee’s reacti0n feeIs as if he was paran0id ab0ut the 35-p0st Iimit bef0re the game even started, which then made him get angry ab0ut that when chemist started p0sting
The fact that he was stiII genuineIy freaked 0ut ab0ut that just after getting his RC feeIs sIightIy m0re IikeIy t0 c0me fr0m t0wn,
but I0I,
That’s a guess based 0n a guess, which was based 0n yet an0ther guess, s0 it’s n0t sth which w0uId give me a str0ng read
LOLingHyena wrote:Royee: Already used up 7 of their 35 posts. Two of them are interactions with Phone, another two are interactions with Chemist, and then another one is with Wabbit + Jalandh. I don't like how their accusation of Jalandh felt like a reaction to Wabbit's accusation of Eragon, especially when they go on in their next post calling out Chemist for what they think is an attempt to waste posts. There doesn't appear to be any calculation in their accusation of Jalandh, at least compared to Wabbit's accusation.

can y0u c0mment 0n the stuff I wr0te ab0ut R0y?

It's not a strong read, but on a second browse through Roy's ISO, they do look more towny. Their trial on Jalandh, while kinda odd, is consistent with them saying earlier that 4 trials is too little for one day. They also expressed hope that we could get info from the people on trial today, so it doesn't look like they are reading the starting of trials scummy.

Jalandh wrote:I reallllly don't like Hyenas buddying and wking of Non.

Because the game is flipless, scum will definitely be protecting their own more. I feel like every lost of Hyena in some way has either been protecting or praising non or attacking someone else

Ayyy, this is what I was looking for.
/vote inno Jalandh.

S0me0ne23 wrote:/vote Not Guilty Jalandh
Jalandh has that brazen tone/attitude of his.

^ This. Plus, he doesn't get this paranoid of me D1 as scum. He does that more when town.

Phone0Ix wrote:/inno Eragon
/inno Jalandh

Explain the inno on Eragon.

TheWabbit wrote:LOLingHyena feels too warm towards the gamestate. They've been cordial, a bit too much probably. Paranoia states that this was to set positive feedback. Pretty much sure people would get reluctant to approach LOLingHyena negatively if this continued.

I haven't been too aggressive yet, yeah, but I wouldn't say I've been too warm. Even Jalandh picked up on me attacking people. Paranoia is healthy though.

TheWabbit wrote:I can see through Jezz92's reluctance in advancing the gamestate. It's either she's yet to find her tempo with the mechanics, or that she's scum. Betting on the former for now, but I'll be pressing this later on.

I'm giving her a pass for D1, but yeah, I've picked up on it, too.
Ez.
LOLingHyena
Witch
Witch

Postby LOLingHyena » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:16 pm

I want Chemist, Jolktik, and Phone to tell me what Ergaon has done that they believe is towny.
Also, just in case it didn't count (since it wasn't in it's own paragragh):

/vote NOT GUILTY Jalandh
Ez.
LOLingHyena
Witch
Witch

Postby Phone0Ix » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:45 pm

LOLingHyena wrote:I want Chemist, Jolktik, and Phone to tell me what Ergaon has done that they believe is towny.
Also, just in case it didn't count (since it wasn't in it's own paragragh):

/vote NOT GUILTY Jalandh

Eragon contributed to the town lots already. The game is still early so they should NEVER be d1 lynch. Not saying lock town or prolly town tiers already but defenitely a good lean and never a d1 lynch like I said
Call me Phone Ig

Phone0Ix

Postby Jezz92 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:03 pm

LOLingHyena wrote:

Let me ask you this, Jezz. Do you plan on voting either of guilty or not-guilty on Multi or Royee later in the day? The way I feel about all of this is that abstaining from a vote in this type of setup is much worse than voting guilty or not guilty. Yes, I think it'll be hard to get associative reads this game without flips, but what I see right now is people putting more effort into figuring out why Non made those votes (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) instead making an effort to sort Multi or Royee (which IS a bad thing, I think).

I always play with the idea that I’m not gonna vote till I’m confident in my vote. That’s pretty much how I’ve always played and will rarely throw my votes around, except when I’m doing stupid or impulsive things like 16E. I don’t understand voting purely for pressure if you do not have a confident read yet, in my experience it rarely does anything other than possibly a few reactions, like maybe people will panic or whatever but what even does “panicking” mean alignment-wise?

Ideally, yes I would want to place my votes sometime soon, like in the next few hours, and I feel like I will have to eventually make a decision based on what I have, EOD happens while I’m asleep, but there’s really been nothing to sway me on a lot of the targets so far.
Honestly I don’t like current gamestate; I knew it wasn’t gonna be active but the lack of…well…anything, makes me really nervous. This is not like one of my low wim games where I just can’t be bothered or whatever, I can be bothered, I want to play, but I have literally no idea how to progress like anything at current state. This is probably the weirdest I’ve ever felt in FM.

S0me0ne23 wrote:Jezz, what was the last game we played in together?

idk like over a year ago, probably some shitty game like VFM 16 or something.
Jezz92
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Jezz92 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:06 pm

Taking my cat to the vet this morning but later I’m gonna reread everything to see if I somehow find anything I missed before. Not holding my breath but I need to make sense of this game ASAP.
Jezz92
Godfather
Godfather

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads