16E | Dragon Age FM | EndofGame | AuthenticChineseFireDrills

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: 16E | Dragon Age FM | Day 4 | Revenge

Postby OllyRenard » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:57 pm

Plus no day chat, we still able to keep each other distanced enough not to be suspected

Pedit: we did? Cool
"Proud" member of the League of Losers
Spoiler: Image
OllyRenard
Lookout
Lookout

Re: 16E | Dragon Age FM | Night 4 | Ashes to Ashes

Postby mdb1023 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:58 pm

You don't win until I'm dead.
Discord: Finn#5059

http://www.twitch.tv/mikeakafinn?sr=a

Do you like Mafia? You'll love Survivor, and and we're hosting games of them all the time! It's super easy to join and learn how to play, and the best part is- it's all on discord! Join the Finnvivor discord server to see when signups for a new game go up! Click here to join the server or DM me on discord for details! !
mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Location: At work, rehearsal, or finishing whatever I pushed off to the last minute this time.

Postby TheLukundo » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:59 pm

Well as we ain’t removing our votes, you got to 2 votes first therefore you’re first to be lynched. So now we wait
TheLukundo
Witch
Witch

Postby mdb1023 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:05 pm

That's not how it works in this scenario. At least it shouldn't because that's complete bullshit.

Flake all I ask is that you let me plead my case. I don't have a whole thing typed out yet so just give me time.

Do you like Mafia? You'll love Survivor, and and we're hosting games of them all the time! It's super easy to join and learn how to play, and the best part is- it's all on discord! Join the Finnvivor discord server to see when signups for a new game go up! Click here to join the server or DM me on discord for details! !
mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Location: At work, rehearsal, or finishing whatever I pushed off to the last minute this time.

Postby Varanus » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:05 pm

2 players voting for a nolynch will cause the day to immediately end without a lynch.
You were expecting a decent signature...

BUT IT WAS ME! DIO!
Varanus
FM Lead Moderator
FM Lead Moderator

Postby OllyRenard » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:08 pm

Varanus wrote:2 players voting for a nolynch will cause the day to immediately end without a lynch.

If Flake wants to kingmake you this is what you have to do
OllyRenard
Lookout
Lookout

Postby mdb1023 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:11 pm

/vote nolynch

I'll be back to post my shpeal (I think that's how you spell it) later

mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Re: 16E | Dragon Age FM | Day 3 | Chantry Distraught

Postby Jalandh » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:12 pm

Current Vote Count
Player Votes Voters
  # Votes Until Majority
Use your full power. Take out your soul weapon, and do your best. Otherwise...

You'll die.
Jalandh
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby TheLukundo » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:01 pm

Flake, if you let Mafia win then more people are happy, right?
TheLukundo
Witch
Witch

Postby OllyRenard » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:10 pm

Lol, I think it should based more on skill and the plays that were made by the team than anything else
OllyRenard
Lookout
Lookout

Postby OllyRenard » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:45 pm

Flake wrote:The only true mistake I believe Mafia made in the endgame was pressuring mdb too much.

I can agree with this. I was hoping to get Overki11 to vote with us, but that didn't happen
OllyRenard
Lookout
Lookout

Postby OllyRenard » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:50 pm

Preferably having him join vote on mdb before three voted would be placed on anyone else so we'd win plurality
OllyRenard
Lookout
Lookout

Postby TheLukundo » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:22 pm

Oh hi and did you not listen to Wabbit? I feel he mentally solved most of the game D1 but didn’t have the confidence to voice it. I’m honestly surprised you didn’t jump on me when we killed Wabbit. And my shitty fakeclaim.

P-Edit: I’m so scummy that when I’m actually scum it works well
TheLukundo
Witch
Witch

Postby TheLukundo » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:25 pm

Also my role is like insanely OP so it’s a good job I survived. (I can make certain Mafia members immune for the night and myself immune for 2 nights)
TheLukundo
Witch
Witch

Postby OllyRenard » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:42 pm

Flake wrote:I retrospect, Lukundo's Doctor claim was also a mistake, but I wasn't confident enough to push it. I analysed how it was unlikely, but then sort of brushed it off for some reason.

Cause sick plays obv ;D
OllyRenard
Lookout
Lookout

Postby mdb1023 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:07 pm

Alright, here we go:
First off, I'm not going to play that "sk is harder to win as" bullshit; I've always been a firm believer that each kingmaker scenario should be handled on a case by case basis and I'm against those who suggest that a kingmaker should not exist at all and the win should be just handed to one particular faction. Flake, it is truly your decision who wins and I respect whatever decision that is.

Now, in terms of my own gameplay: this is the first FM I've played in a long time and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I didn't think I would do so well as SK but I made it this far and I can be proud of that. Now, in the past when people push me early, my reactions have been panicky which often results in me getting lynched. I knew that when Night was pushing me, I had to stay calm and not freak out like I have in the past. I almost pulled a yolo and claimed doctor, but I knew that wouldn't yield me any results, so i soft claimed a PR in hopes that it would detract me from being lynched and it definitely worked. Flake may have been pushing harder for me to not be lynched, but I simply cannot give him all the credit, I truly believe that my own actions helped me with this as well. Now, I had a plan to kill Night who I knew would be pushing me even harder now that I survived the lynch, and I came up with a plan to theorize that the sk killed night to try and make me look suspicious if I was SRed because of the kill, but there was so much chaos and commotion from the events of night 1 that no one ever questioned it. I eliminated what very well could have been my biggest threat at the time and got away with it. I killed Kosmo because I truly believed that he was mafia and town was off to a very poor start. It was vital for me to kill the mafia, and I did. The benefit I had was that no one else knew for sure what Kosmo was, and I was able to use this to scare the town away from lynching the sk if a wagon on me were to pick up attraction. Yet, I remained undetected and continued to play it cool so that no one would suspect me. Once Green was lynched, I knew I would be in a decent position with 2 mafia down so I went after someone towny to even out the numbers a bit to improve my position. Unfortunately, I attacked Zorua who came up as immune (I assume this was from the botanist- I believe that role was implemented during my hiatus from FM and I don't know all that well how it works). That brings us full circle to Day 4. Inactivity was starting to set in, but I knew so long as I survived the day, I would still have a chance to be kingmade (which ultimately was my goal as it would be the only way for me to win with the way town was playing). Honestly, I wasn't too sure if Overkill was maf or not- I knew it was Luku and someone else and Olly's actions made me very suspect of him, but I didn't want to sound too OMGUS-y so I pushed for whatever would get me to survive the day. And it did. I attacked Olly last night because I knew whether or not he was town, he made it clear that he wouldn't side with me in a Kingmaker scenario, so if he was town he had to die. But, he was immune, thus confirming my suspicions. And now here we are, full circle.

As for the mafia's gameplay: I don't agree that they played all that well. I think they got very very lucky with the events of Day 1 and night 1 and just kind of decided to go with the flow and not impact the game all that much. Furthermore, Luku was absolutely terrible. I had a feeling he was maf from the start but didn't push him hard because I simply do not trust my skill in reading people. Lesson learned: I probably am better at reading that I give myself credit for. The fact that town didn't want to lynch him after the Botanist flip boggles my mind and is more credited to the town's stupidity than the mafia's skill. Additionally, Kosmo barely did anything at all, and Green I often forgot was even in this game. The only mafia member I give credit to is Olly for hiding himself fairly well, but with his blatantly mafia motivated actions yesterday, I definitely would have called him out if I were town and someone else were sk.

So, in conclusion, whatever way you decide to vote on this, I truly believe my game was superior to that of the mafia's and I have grown as an FM player from it. If you believe otherwise, I respect your decision, but I implore you to take what I've said into consideration and not give mafia as much credit as you have, because I do not agree that they played well. Their game was overall apathetic and in a couple cases, blatantly terrible, and they would not have done as well with a less passive and more competent town.

mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby OllyRenard » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:08 pm

Counterpoint: Yes, we and you got lucky with two town prs going to Veteran n1, and your comments about how we went with the flow without impacting the game can be easily be said about you, but we did impact the game through our day play and theatering which resulted in us not being suspected together and this done without day chat to strategize. Green was the reason we were able to get KOTR lynched instead of Luku when we were pushing each other the same day which green did right after replacing by bringing up KOTR's meta to push them. Kosmo was able to hold their own against Flake's vote count theory and also participated in the D2 theatering which I believe was a necessary move to secure our position now. And thank you for crediting me. At end of day yesterday I knew it would either be a kingmaker situation or we lynch you then to win and I knew that at that point the only lynches that would happen would be you or Overki11 so I wasn't at risk for pushing a mafia agenda more openly
OllyRenard
Lookout
Lookout

Postby mdb1023 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:50 pm

But as mafia you have more wiggle room to take risks because you have allies. I do not, so it makes more sense for me to play it cool.

mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby TheLukundo » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:08 am

mdb1023 wrote:But as mafia you have more wiggle room to take risks because you have allies. I do not, so it makes more sense for me to play it cool.

As every role I feel FM is a big risk, big reward game tho
TheLukundo
Witch
Witch

Postby TheLukundo » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:05 am

Flake wrote:lol should i 50/50

50/50?
TheLukundo
Witch
Witch

Postby Chemist1422 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:32 am

Votecount:

mdb1023 (3) - OllyRenard, TheLukundo, Flake
Nolynch (1) - mdb1023

I'm getting Jal right now, don't post
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby Eragon1329 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:58 am

Jal will post the flip and stuff
Spoiler:

TG/FM Records

28-30-6

Eragon1329
FM Awards: Neutral
FM Awards: Neutral

Postby Jalandh » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:01 am

The feeling in the group today is...different.

Before was silent whispers, wandering eyes, swords held close..

But now, most of the group seems to be in a joy.

Two of the last 4 members stand, drawing swords before striking down one of the remaining members...Just for the swords to pass right through.

The 'victim' of the two attackers grin wickedly, claws forming from its hands before lightning strikes down on him, knocking the demon back.

It seems the prior nights had weakened him before then, as the body slowly seems to evaporate. Within the dissipating body, you can see the memories of Night and Kosmo...

Mdb was....

Spoiler: You are a Pride Demon.

Your alignment is Demon Killing.

Role name: Serial Killer

Pride, a demon that resides in every being, Man or Beast. Youre the pure embodiment of the raw energy, known to be one of the strongest Demons. The world must burn and it must burn by your hand.

Every night you may kill one person.
You are unkillable at night. If somebody tries to attack you, they will receive a message saying that you were immune.
If someone tries to roleblock you, you will attack them instead of your chosen target.
You fully consume the bodies of your victims. You gain the knowledge of their roles but not actions. The roles of your victims are hidden until you perish, where they will be revealed to the town.
You win if it is just you and the Godfather remaining.

You must kill the Grey Wardens
You must kill the Darkspawn
You win with the Demon

With the death of the Demon, Night was revealed to be...

Spoiler: You are a Acolyte.

Your alignment is Grey Warden Citizen.

Role name: Citizen

You have no special powers as you train every day for the Blight.

You win with the Grey Wardens
You must kill the Darkspawn
You must kill the Demon

With the death of the Demon, Kosmo was revealed to be...

Spoiler: You are a Ghoul.

Your alignment is Darkspawn Deception.

Role name: Framer

You are an exgrey warden, with the connections to get into anyones tent and give the temporary scent of the Archdemon.

Each night you have the ability to frame one player of your choice. If they're inspected by the Sheriff that night, it'll say they're a Darkspawn member. You may also choose which role they appear as should they be inspected by the Investigator.
You can communicate with your allies, for as long as they are alive.
https://discord.gg/XcTw9az

You must kill the Grey Wardens
You win with the Darkspawn
You must kill the Demon

With that, all hope to defend the blight has been extinguished, the upcoming years known to be the worse as every race is slaughtered and sustained heavy losses..

You'll die.
Jalandh
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Jalandh » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:04 am

Mafia has won!

https://discord.gg/D6gnYXs

All spreadsheets, dead chat, mafia chat is within the link above.

GJ to GreenRabbit, Luke, Olly and Kosmo.

You'll die.
Jalandh
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Re: 16E | Dragon Age FM | EndofGame | AuthenticChineseFireDr

Postby Phone0Ix » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:06 am

Gg mafia!
Call me Phone Ig

Or Silver because of my old discord name. Or Mikan because of my new discord name. Or Julian as that's my actual name
Phone0Ix
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads