Forum Mafia Episode I (Game over town wins!)

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: Forum Mafia Episode I (Day 5)

Postby Saavine » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:24 am

First of all, welcome LordOfFail. Hope you have fun.
Spoiler:
LordofFail wrote:Just skimmed through the posts, Saavine has been very quiet and she seems quite suspicious to me.

Her first post was "I wish everyone a good short life" (or something like that, too lazy to quote from first page :P).
Since then she hasnt posted much.

And when she has, it has been mostly saying that she does not see any evidence.

Also she was the final vote on PiePerson. I know from ToS experience that when playing as a Mafia role, you dont want to be the first person to vote on a random lynch that you know isnt a fellow mafia, but you want to bandwagon in with the town so they think you are with them. So I often try to give the 2nd or 3rd to last vote. From a Mafia point of view, a random town lynching is a free kill.

Not saying she is GF, but if she dosent post anything soon, I would suggest lynching her.

That being said, she may be Jester or Exe turned Jester (PiePerson may have been Exe with the person who died first night as target, so he proceeded to try to lynch a random townie so he would be put in the noose, typical Jester tactics that)

Other then that, I have no real leads, but I know that one of you seven is Mafia.

And if the Mafia want to kill me as I am an experienced player, be my guest, but I am just a Citizen, there are other power town roles out there that may be more beneficial to make your target..
You have made some really valid points there. I guess I have no where else to turn, huh? Oh well, you caught me. GG
Saavine
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby Zero » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:27 am

Do not forget town has a Vig i think. So he can shot someone and hope it is the Gf or exe. since they are both Immune at night.
Zero
Patron
Patron

Postby Zero » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:10 am

I do not think the doc would say i healed this person without painting a Bullz eye on his back to be killed the next night.
Zero
Patron
Patron

Postby Saavine » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:23 am

Cerilium wrote:See now this makes it sound fishy as hell!

Welp, I can't really prove that I am a townie, specially since I am a Citizen. GodFather can take advantage of the current situation, so he'll probably just join the discussion to make me look more suspicious. I agree to te fact that LordOfFail isn't GF, but I wouldn't say that he is a Citizen.

What was the aspect that made you guys discard me as Exe? That I hadn't been active enough to make my target get lynched, or even to get me lynched.
Well, if you look back only PiePerson did anything of the sorts. Everyone else has either tried to llok for possible culprits, or stood back and just watched (like me).
Isn't it a little weird that as soon as he replaces Amelia he only thinks I am the fishy one? I mean, it's not like I am the only one that didn't post often, neither the only one that had suspicions over inno townies. I backed up Primorix, yes, I won't argue over that. But I did it only because the way Cerilium was acting would be plausable if he was part of mafia.
Pretending to be useful and posting unnecessary info. "Unfortunately" you would never have any evidence. Whoopsie.
That's one of the ways I usually use in-game to find Mafia/SK/Arson/Witch. I look how that person is acting and see if it matches with any strategies I know about. It doesn't come with a 100% guarantee that it will work, but sometimes it does.

Besides it's not like no one here ever sided with Mafia by accident. *sigh*

I wrote this in a hurry, forgive me if I was incoherent or wrote something wrong.
Saavine
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby xXxAQUAxXx » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:10 pm

Like my previous comment, Saavine is just way to suspicious to ignore, and as of right now that is our only lead. I really think Saavine is a likely jester considering she openly admited to saying "You caught me GG"

And then afterwards she says "I am a citizen".

So IDK anymore. I r confused.
I am just gonna sit in corner.
And cry.
xXxAQUAxXx
Patron
Patron

Location: Forcing children to kill each other... In a forum far far away.

Postby LordofFail » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:51 pm

Saavine wrote:First of all, welcome LordOfFail. Hope you have fun.
Spoiler:
LordofFail wrote:Just skimmed through the posts, Saavine has been very quiet and she seems quite suspicious to me.

Her first post was "I wish everyone a good short life" (or something like that, too lazy to quote from first page :P).
Since then she hasnt posted much.

And when she has, it has been mostly saying that she does not see any evidence.

Also she was the final vote on PiePerson. I know from ToS experience that when playing as a Mafia role, you dont want to be the first person to vote on a random lynch that you know isnt a fellow mafia, but you want to bandwagon in with the town so they think you are with them. So I often try to give the 2nd or 3rd to last vote. From a Mafia point of view, a random town lynching is a free kill.

Not saying she is GF, but if she dosent post anything soon, I would suggest lynching her.

That being said, she may be Jester or Exe turned Jester (PiePerson may have been Exe with the person who died first night as target, so he proceeded to try to lynch a random townie so he would be put in the noose, typical Jester tactics that)

Other then that, I have no real leads, but I know that one of you seven is Mafia.

And if the Mafia want to kill me as I am an experienced player, be my guest, but I am just a Citizen, there are other power town roles out there that may be more beneficial to make your target..
You have made some really valid points there. I guess I have no where else to turn, huh? Oh well, you caught me. GG

Double bluff?

I doubt it is Jester, or it would be one of the worst Jester tactics ive ever seen (but then again, Jesters often do try to use awful tactics - ive gotten away with it once or twice).
However, a Jester is dead and there is a 30% chance of a second.

If you were just a normal citizen, you would have just said "I'm a Citizen please dont lynch me" and I would have been more than happy to take back my vote.

However, so far you are the most suspicious of us all, so I call your bluff - I doubt highly that you are a Citizen.
"The Hardest Game to Win is a Won Game"

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby Saavine » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:41 pm

Let me tell you guys something about myself that is quite obvious really. I love sarcasm/irony and I use it regularly. So, in this part of my post:
Saavine wrote: You have made some really valid points there. I guess I have no where else to turn, huh? Oh well, you caught me. GG

That's sarcasm right there.
Saavine
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby Eevee » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:51 pm

Saavine wrote:Let me tell you guys something about myself that is quite obvious really. I love sarcasm/irony and I use it regularly. So, in this part of my post:
Saavine wrote: You have made some really valid points there. I guess I have no where else to turn, huh? Oh well, you caught me. GG

That's sarcasm right there.

Hi I'm back so I'm gonna start my analysis again~ for saavine I can't say the same as what I did for the cos I haven't really seen her posts around the forum, or rather I'm pretty inactive now, so i can't tell if it's really sarcasm or not. I would say she's suspicious too though, because she changed her mind so many times, either that or she's jester. This I really don't know, so I'm not gonna vote until the last day we have because we need all the time to discuss as we must.

As for the vigilante, maybe he or she shot someone that's exec or godfather that's immune at tnight or listened to cerilium, and if vigi shot town, maybe doctor saved!! We will never know. We have two citis down, 1 jester, 2 other townies down and two mafia. We know Ayan is survivor, so 8 people left. Out of this 7 is one godfather, one exec/jester, and 5 townies of which two are special roles. I would like to think Aqua and Cerilium are townies, but they're still suspects because paranoia. ObiWan hasn't put himself out as suspicious to me yet, but he may as well be godfather (he's def not exec or jest imo). Zero may as well be town, so I have a strong suspicion between saavine, Cerilium and Aqua. That's all I have discuss guys please I beg you, this game is taking long enough
hmu if you love pokemon B)
~~~~~boop~~~~~
also what is dragcave
what are these eggs can they be eaten
ImageImageImage
Eevee
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby LordofFail » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:14 am

fair enough for your 'sarcasm', the point of the vote was to try and raise activity.

/unvote

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby Eevee » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:17 am

LordofFail wrote:fair enough for your 'sarcasm', the point of the vote was to try and raise activity.

/unvote

Are you seriously believing him just because he said sarcasm? O_O he could be double bluffing. Hi btw
~~~~~boop~~~~~
also what is dragcave
ImageImageImage
Eevee
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby LordofFail » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:15 am

Cerilium wrote:
LordofFail wrote:fair enough for your 'sarcasm', the point of the vote was to try and raise activity.

/unvote

Sarcasm was the reason WE got PiePerson lynched and it worked out better for us due to him killing TurdPile from guilt. (and Vigilante happened to shoot Primorix)

So at this rate they very well could be a Jester but it could work in our favor if we did lynch them.

Either way we still have a few more days left to talk it out so we need to think about our actions still. So I'm going to scout back through because If I've noticed a slip up I may work out who it is.

Exactly. My vote wasnt trying to get a random lynch based on a hunch, it was trying to get more activity out of the inactive users.

Also, please refrain from using sarcasm, it just makes you look suspicious... (excessive amounts of sarcasm will lead to us believing you are Jester or GF and then Vigi will shoot you, so just don't start with it please)

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby LordofFail » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:17 am

Cerilium wrote:I honestly think Saavine could be a Citizen though since I already know two people claiming to be one and Saavine has "slightly" been doing it from the start by talking about them. (Also TurdPile made some posts as if he was a Citizen which he wasn't)

So if Saavine and LordOfFail are telling the truth with being a Citizen then who is the third?

I would edit this into my last post but there is a rule against editing (understandably so!)

This bothers me on every online forum that does this, so I will just say it now: my name is Lord of Fail, not Lord Of Fail.
The capitalization of the word of just makes it look weird.

Also you can call me lof or LoF if you prefer to not type as much, I have been called that plenty of times in the past.

Just please, no capitalization of the o in of.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Mafia Mind Games

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby Eevee » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:34 am

I analysed the posts again, and I have come up with people and why they are suspicious

1. Zero - first to vote for no lynch, and doesn't really talk much, even Turdpile follows suit and Turdpile was mafia.
2. ObiWan - not v susp to me, i doubt he's godfather because he really is helping town from what i gather in the posts
3. Cerilium - atm nothing wrong i think, he's free for now. I trust you, because I saw an earlier post and i'm lazy to scroll back so, page 7 if anyone wanna see
4. LoF - probably citizen so wtv hahahaha
5. Ayan - survivor
6. Aqua - possible godfather, have been susp since the previous 2 days, voted no lynch and then immediately got swayed by someone's persp, maybe to switch attention away from himself
7. Saavine - possible godfather, from the sarcasm.

If i could, then i would vote saavine. I am 101% sure he/she is godfather honestly.
~~~~~boop~~~~~
also what is dragcave
ImageImageImage
Eevee
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Eevee » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:37 am

/vote saavine

for now, because i'm pretty sure.
~~~~~boop~~~~~
also what is dragcave
ImageImageImage
Eevee
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Eevee » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:46 am

and that is why we vote saavine. If not, the vigilante can shoot me next night i'm fine with ittttttt psh because i'm pretty sure the game ends the moment saavine is lynched
~~~~~boop~~~~~
also what is dragcave
ImageImageImage
Eevee
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Saavine » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:06 am

Then just lynch me for God's sake. '-'
Saavine
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby ObiWan » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:56 am

Saavine wrote:

Welp, I can't really prove that I am a townie, specially since I am a Citizen. GodFather can take advantage of the current situation, so he'll probably just join the discussion to make me look more suspicious. I agree to te fact that LordOfFail isn't GF, but I wouldn't say that he is a Citizen.

What was the aspect that made you guys discard me as Exe? That I hadn't been active enough to make my target get lynched, or even to get me lynched.
Well, if you look back only PiePerson did anything of the sorts. Everyone else has either tried to llok for possible culprits, or stood back and just watched (like me).
Isn't it a little weird that as soon as he replaces Amelia he only thinks I am the fishy one? I mean, it's not like I am the only one that didn't post often, neither the only one that had suspicions over inno townies. I backed up Primorix, yes, I won't argue over that. But I did it only because the way Cerilium was acting would be plausable if he was part of mafia.
Pretending to be useful and posting unnecessary info. "Unfortunately" you would never have any evidence. Whoopsie.
That's one of the ways I usually use in-game to find Mafia/SK/Arson/Witch. I look how that person is acting and see if it matches with any strategies I know about. It doesn't come with a 100% guarantee that it will work, but sometimes it does.

I wrote this in a hurry, forgive me if I was incoherent or wrote something wrong.

Who do you think is the suspicious person (or people) as of right now? You haven't really talked much and I'd like to hear it.
Sitting back and lurking/watching isn't really helping the town much in my opinion and I've said that from the beginning.
It also makes you look suspicious...as you well know now.
This was not the scumslip you were looking for.

Alzar wrote:there is no such thing as a meta, forum mafia is a lie, we are products of a confused society

ObiWan
Vampire
Vampire

Postby LordofFail » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:42 am

Saavine, I am only really finding you suspicious because you really are not talking much.

And if I remember correctly, you claimed to be a Citizen in a previous post.

Therefore, as I am Citizen and there are only 2 others (and someone else already claimed Citizen, forget who), if one more person claims Citizen then it is one of the people who claim Citizen who must be GF or Exe.

And yes, you have been acting quite suspicious, the only people to use sarcasm so far have all been Mafia (TurdPile used it on Day 2 I believe, it may have been Day 3 though).

Townies dont usually use sarcasm, they are usually direct and to the point, and you seem the odd one out.

And if you are a Citizen, oh well, it is worth the risk IMO

Also, you never really came forth with a specific post of "I am a Citizen" - you briefly mentioned it in one post - not much of a defence there IMO.

/vote Saavine

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby Saavine » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:53 am

Spoiler:
ObiWan wrote:
Saavine wrote:

Who do you think is the suspicious person (or people) as of right now? You haven't really talked much and I'd like to hear it.
Sitting back and lurking/watching isn't really helping the town much in my opinion and I've said that from the beginning.
It also makes you look suspicious...as you well know now.

I think that who I think that is or isn't it won't matter right now, ObiWan.
Spoiler:
LordofFail wrote:Saavine, I am only really finding you suspicious because you really are not talking much.

And if I remember correctly, you claimed to be a Citizen in a previous post.

Therefore, as I am Citizen and there are only 2 others (and someone else already claimed Citizen, forget who), if one more person claims Citizen then it is one of the people who claim Citizen who must be GF or Exe.

And yes, you have been acting quite suspicious, the only people to use sarcasm so far have all been Mafia (TurdPile used it on Day 2 I believe, it may have been Day 3 though).

Townies dont usually use sarcasm, they are usually direct and to the point, and you seem the odd one out.

And if you are a Citizen, oh well, it is worth the risk IMO

Also, you never really came forth with a specific post of "I am a Citizen" - you briefly mentioned it in one post - not much of a defence there IMO.

/vote Saavine

Please do, but there is a small miscalculation there. There are only 3 Citizens alive, check the graveyard. If I am not incorrect there are:
1 Vigilante
1 Doctor
3 Citizens
1 Executioner
1 GodFather
1 Survivor
So yeah, I agree with the idea that it will help town lynching me. Town will be better off with less people. ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵))♥
Saavine
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby Ayanhart » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:38 am

Saavine wrote:So yeah, I agree with the idea that it will help town lynching me. Town will be better off with less people. ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵))♥

Why are you so eager to be lynched? If you are a Townie, surely you want to survive to help the town win?
You really don't seem like a Townie to me...

You could be either a pretty damn obvious Jester, or the GF trying to hide under the guise of Jester...

Oh, for the record, unless someone can convince me otherwise, I'm not gonna vote for him/her (idk which Saavine is), just in case... y'know Jester. The way I figure, the more chance people have to kill me the less likely I am to survive so... Yeah... Sorry

Though I'm pretty darn convinced you're not Townie but wtv
Spoiler: Thank you so much, Dea! I love you <3

Image Image Image Image
Ayanhart
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby ObiWan » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:54 am

Cerilium wrote:
Ayanhart wrote:
Saavine wrote:So yeah, I agree with the idea that it will help town lynching me. Town will be better off with less people. ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵))♥

Why are you so eager to be lynched? If you are a Townie, surely you want to survive to help the town win?

You could be either a pretty damn obvious Jester, or the GF trying to hide under the guise of Jester...

Oh, for the record, unless someone can convince me otherwise, I'm not gonna vote for him/her (idk which Saavine is), just in case... y'know Jester. The way I figure, the more chance people have to kill me the less likely I am to survive so... Yeah... Sorry

Unless we vote we're never going to find out.

8 people are alive which would make 5-6 votes needed to get them lynched. From what you're saying with avoiding the lynch in case of jester that is one vote down. We might not even be able to ever find out what role they're if people are going to be like "Oh no, a Jester might still exist. I'm not voting on this one guys."

I'll trust your guy's instincts then. I honestly don't know though... this still feels like somewhat of a random lynch. But we have nothing else to really go on.
If she turns out to be the Jester and I get killed, so be it. That will my fate and I will die a good death.

/Vote Saavine
This was not the scumslip you were looking for.

Alzar wrote:there is no such thing as a meta, forum mafia is a lie, we are products of a confused society

ObiWan
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Saavine » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:58 am

She :)
Saavine
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby Saavine » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:17 am

Basically I just can't see how I can convince some of you that I am not GF. Besides killing me is the best option, If I live for another day GF will only use the opportunity to make me look even more suspicious. I think me getting lynched or killed at night, now, thanks to the unwanted attention is innevitable.
Also, I believe that we need some chaos around here to get things moving.
Saavine
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby Ayanhart » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:26 am

Cerilium wrote:8 people are alive which would make 5-6 votes needed to get them lynched. From what you're saying with avoiding the lynch in case of jester that is one vote down. We might not even be able to ever find out what role they're if people are going to be like "Oh no, a Jester might still exist. I'm not voting on this one guys."

True... but I'm not putting myself in the line of fire any more than I need to be.

If it literally comes down to me voting to get that last vote to get her lynched then fine, but otherwise I'm not risking it.
Spoiler: Thank you so much, Dea! I love you <3

Image Image Image Image
Ayanhart
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby LordofFail » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:12 am

Ayanhart wrote:

Jester is highly unlikely IMO - not talking at all until put under suspicion ... a Exe / Jester would be trying to attract as much attention as possible to themselves.

Unless of course, his / her target is still alive, and from her last post maybe her target is ObiWan?

Either way, I highly doubt that she is a townie, and for that reason I keep my vote on her and suggest that you do the same.

I am prepared to run the risk of Jester, but I highly doubt that she is jester...

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads