8M | OCTOPATH | Game Over | Town Wins!

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 2 | Grandport

Postby Arcthurus » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:05 pm

Arcthurus wrote:Before I begin, I started typing this a long ass time ago. The last message I read was M4x asking questions to Nelly, fyi.

First of all, I'll present what i had in mind about arckas. I indulged him to see how far he'd go regarding the benefits of the "two-rbs-on-tp" idea, and he seemed to defend it with certainty. However, and now that I know he was apparently not mafia in cykotine thus making me more sure of this (as he'd have no way of knowing), he at no point realizes that a Consort could choose to carry the kill themselves through the Mafia Tactical mechanic, confident that they'd instead waste an action. This is what I was trying to figure out when asking rock/the general opinion on how good of a faker he can be, paranoia that he did that 'townslip' on purpose.
---------------------
Moving on to Jerme. He's either one of two things:
1) A world-champion 4D-chess player, FBI/KGB triple agent, galaxy brain Mafia Genius capable of extreme manipulation of not only minds but, who knows, the fabric of time and space itself
2) Not mafia, because no team worth it's salt would just let someone who is literally a new player walk this aimless through the day. And even if said team is that bad at communication, I've looked through his posts and I can't find anyone in specific who he could be sponging (mimicking) his thoughts off of as I'd expect from mafia trying to fit in, specially his Met vote. As for that, I believe everyone here thought of someone first as soon as they saw the DN, and to me Jerme's fixation on Met seems to be him acting on that first instinct. Finally Rick proposed that his suggestion to be double-blocked could be fluff attempting to pose as town, but that seems to me like overestimating him as a level 2 player (deeper planning abilities)
As for wether he's neutral, Idunno. I believe he'd assume the block suggestion to be taken to it's conclusion, so he'd have to be roleblock immune, witch being literally the only one out of the standard ones iirc.
---------------------
Next is Guzame.
I've combed over the entire D2, and the arguments I found were (three from day start): "Guzame's reaction to the night kill was weird", "death note fluff", "didnt react to gent" plus the "he didnt bring up his scumread on gent beforehand". I'm ignoring Obi's apparent contradiction because it looked incomplete without the quotes he was referring to, and Rick's meta read because he's not 'being town enough' which is too subjective for me since its meta based.

I can't see how his comment on Gent's death is any worse than any comment, really. I've tried to understand what exactly people think is bad about it on my own, since apparently there's an unwritten agreement to not outright state what's the problem. The only thing I can conclude is that it's attempting to distance himself from the kill, like "Wow I cant believe Gent is dead!", but to me that comment seems just as distancing as was schultz's, ender's, naru's, mela's, obi's yeah. All of them, in some degree, poke fun at gent, and implicitly clear themselves by expressing surprise or a "oh well".

DN fluff- Yes it doesn't/didn't lead anywhere. But bringing up a (single) subject (once) that doesn't is not strong enough to make me think that someone is trying to waste the day. I might've also said this already but the strategy of wasting the day and ending your post with a self-callout is shooting yourself in the foot and just doesn't make too much sense. Same goes for an strat of trying to look game-solvy.

Ignoring gent- This one is ender specific iirc and actually works for lexiam too: i'd be surprised if anyone took gent's comments seriously. Maybe I'm biased because I've had my fair share of ignoring one-liner drivel as either alignment but this one just doesn't fly with me.

Not bringing up his read beforehand- Another unwritten problem brought up. I have to assume it's the same thing about distancing from the kill/gaining cred? But it's so "transparent" of a play that I can't see him doing it seriously. In fact it'd make more sense (but still not a whole lot of that...) for mafia!Guzame if he DID call gent scummy d1, because he could then argue, as a defense, one of his lynch options was removed and thus he couldn't be scum.

I realize that this isn't a read on Guzame by itself, but I realized this day had a vibe of having Guz as a general lynch option since Ender, and there was never any real scrutinization of the reasons why. For Guzame himself, I just couldn't find anything that really stood out to me as bad. I have a line of thinking I'm pursuing right now (hence my question) but it'll probably just confirm the reasonable alternative.
-----------------------------
Lexiam I have no opinion on him in a vacuum. Despite his pop-ins without content, hes not someone who makes an effort regardless of alignment. I'll have to look at the evolution of the wagon through the day for information. I hate lynching someone who's basically been not here, which is why I'm running against the clock to figure out if I can find a better option.
-----------------------------
There's other people I've yet to look at (M4x/Nhero/Naru/Ender) but I want to post this ASAP, I'm also pretty sure I won't have the time to do so.

@RICK Should we no-lynch?
Trick question: no. ;) (that one nfm, remember?)

Spoiler: Image

Art Count: 3
Spoiler: Cyrus & Horane

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 3 | Victor's Hollow

Postby Arcthurus » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:08 pm

I believe Naru's more self aware as scum in the spot he was in and Jerme is clueless town.

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Metrion » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:10 pm

Thanks I didn't want to search through your iso. IDK why you quoted the first post though.

I'm not sure why one of your reasons is that mafia have day chat.
Metrion
FM Awards: Creator

Postby Arckas » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:12 pm

ObiWan wrote:@Naru Lexiam was most likely to be lynched Day 2, you could’ve very well hopped on the vote to avoid suspicion, or give you town cred.
Not saying that is what you did, I’m saying that is why you are still a suspect. At least in my eyes

You forget that Naru was another lynch at the time. If mafia was trying, Naru would have been lynched instead of Lex.
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Arcthurus » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:14 pm

I talk about naru in the first post. Lol

And its not. In my head if you see him in your team, knowing he's new, you give him some guidance N1 at the very least. An agenda he could try to push or something like that. He seemed to just be doing his own thing the whole time, though.

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Metrion » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:15 pm

Arcthurus wrote:I talk about naru in the first post. Lol

And its not. In my head if you see him in your team, knowing he's new, you give him some guidance N1 at the very least. An agenda he could try to push or something like that. He seemed to just be doing his own thing the whole time, though.

That really worked out for Lex.
Metrion

Postby Metrion » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:16 pm

Metrion wrote:

Also IDC about Naru that's Obi.
Metrion

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:17 pm

Metrion wrote:
Metrion wrote:

Also IDC about Naru that's Obi.

:BlobSad: Aww Met.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Metrion » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:19 pm

Sit down and eat your not getting lynched flavour pudding, Naru.

I'm busy poking Arcthurus.
Metrion

Postby Arcthurus » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:19 pm

I'm assuming he wasn't lying about the internet problems. Was he? Because if he did then clearly he didnt care about the game at all and wouldnt pay any mind to anything. Jerme clearly does care a lot more though and would listen.

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:21 pm

Aside from asking Swords about some FM-lingo I wasn't aware of since no one heeded my request about "pls explain acronyms kthnx", I've basically just kinda winged everything up to this point. It got to the point I thought I was annoying him, so I just started looking up everything else and if I couldn't find anything, even on other Mafia sites that could even hint at what we were involved in or saying, then I'd ask him.

Can't rely on your Host to explain everything to you when you're new. That's just laziness.

Metrion wrote:Sit down and eat your not getting lynched flavour pudding, Naru.

I'm busy poking Arcthurus.

But I want chocolate flavour.

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:22 pm

Arcthurus wrote:I'm assuming he wasn't lying about the internet problems. Was he? Because if he did then clearly he didnt care about the game at all and wouldnt pay any mind to anything. Jerme clearly does care a lot more though and would listen.

Probably shouldn't mix outside-game with inside, but he did mention when he lost internet and when he got it back in Discord, but all the meanwhile, the time he did spend in Discord could have been spent here.

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Arckas » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:27 pm

You're right, we shouldn't mix outside-game with inside. It's just rude to all the players not involved in the discord.

... of which I think that only means Guzame, but still.
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Metrion » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:28 pm

Arcthurus wrote:I'm assuming he wasn't lying about the internet problems. Was he? Because if he did then clearly he didnt care about the game at all and wouldnt pay any mind to anything. Jerme clearly does care a lot more though and would listen.

He had 2 days after his internet was fixed.

So your reason hinges on Mafia having one out of two possible members that would have given Jerme and/or the other members tips for the next day as they forsee them having trouble in a casual game of modfia.

I just think that's such a weak reasoning to lead with.
Metrion

Postby Metrion » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:32 pm

Like only Rick is that patronizing. Sorry, Rick.
Metrion

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:33 pm

Arckas wrote:You're right, we shouldn't mix outside-game with inside. It's just rude to all the players not involved in the discord.

... of which I think that only means Guzame, but still.

Wasn't referring just to the game channel in Mod Server leading up to the setup of the game, but at all for that matter. He communicated with many people during the outage, before it, and after he got it back. As Met said, and I believe he is correct, it was 2 days.

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Arcthurus » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:40 pm

Metrion wrote:

So your reason hinges on Mafia having one out of two possible members that would have given Jerme and/or the other members tips for the next day as they forsee them having trouble in a casual game of modfia.

I didnt know. I never fact checked that. My b

And on the other things I said yeah, namely how I interpreted his day play to not look like it has any agenda behind it and his scumread on you being based on gut standing out so much. Whereas I see a mafia newcomer sponging his buddies' reads, and trying to follow what he perceives as their gameplan. So with him joining the Lex wagon, when I already see the wagon as mostly pure, make me find it unlikely he was bussing.

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Metrion » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:47 pm

Arcthurus wrote:
Metrion wrote:

And on the other things I said yeah, namely how I interpreted his day play to not look like it has any agenda behind it and his scumread on you being based on gut standing out so much. Whereas I see a mafia newcomer sponging his buddies' reads, and trying to follow what he perceives as their gameplan. So with him joining the Lex wagon, when I already see the wagon as mostly pure, make me find it unlikely he was bussing.

Wouldn't that be him sponging on another player's play then? I think to be fair Jerme isn't new with the idea of mafia either.

Do you acknowledge that your first part is dismissable? You glossed over that.

I want to go to sleep Arcthurus but we're having such a great talk about something that isn't mel/rick or the unlynchable pool.
Metrion

Postby Metrion » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:51 pm

2 Arcs, 1 Met.

This is getting out of hand.
Metrion

Postby Veeena » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:58 pm

Arcthurus wrote:TL;DR mel is scum and rick town, nothing new here.

If nobody besides mel has any issues with what i've been saying we should start looking into the rest of the set, Obi removed from it temporarily since I'm assuming he can really prove himself and he's not BSing.
{M4x, Nhero, PoisonMaid}
...Huh. That's at least two mafia in there. And I have no idea who the witch would even be out of the remaining people I've written down as not-mafia. So maybe it's all three. GG?

I think I never justified why m4x was the only one I didn't clear, it's because they're the only ones who weren't around at all near the time the naru wagon commenced as a counterwagon so from their PoV all they'd be doing would be becoming the lone busser on a town-chocked wagon which would be way better than not voting on a lynch that, again from their PoV would be happening anyway. I'm just sort of ignoring the Cit claim too since it's riddled with WIFOM.

I am perfectly Okay with being lynched and the sole mislynch for the rest of scum to be founded out and lynched the following days (which funny enough, my choices seem to be the other two in your list).

Pass me the dice, I am up to gamble.
OSRS Accounts: Veeena
Lewd Queen (Former HCIM)
Peepo Vee (GIM)

FF14: Xa Erros (NA Sargantas)

Formerly M4xwell
Known as
Xa/M4xy/Vee

Some fucking Vee I suppose.

Veeena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Metrion » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:01 pm

Theatre-ing of self sacrifice continues.

So M4x, your scum team is Mel, Nhero, Poison?
Metrion

Postby Metrion » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:04 pm

I said your old name, whoops.
Metrion

Postby Arcthurus » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:10 pm

Metrion wrote:
Arcthurus wrote:
Metrion wrote:

Wouldn't that be him sponging on another player's play then? I think to be fair Jerme isn't new with the idea of mafia either.

Do you acknowledge that your first part is dismissable? You glossed over that.

I want to go to sleep Arcthurus but we're having such a great talk about something that isn't mel/rick or the unlynchable pool.

Am I being that patronizing? As far as I'm aware jerme's never played mafia, or at least as he said here himself this is the first game he's lived past N1. And I suppose it's possible that he was following consensus with one read or another, but his read on you made me feel like he was genuinely believing the heart of the cards.

I guess so. I suppose the laid back nature of the game might mean the chance of teaching could escape one's mind too.

We could talk about the office

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby melanora » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:11 pm

real talk : do i still have to post or can i just like not show up?
#overthrowthepatriarchy #babyforfmmod
I'm not a fucking gmod. Don't send me shit about your ban appeal.

FM Record
melanora
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby melanora » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:12 pm

if i have to post : i'm just going to post memes from back when i was a child and i'll probably hand draw them because we had dial up back then so...
if i don't have to post : i might do mod work. i might not. it's a flip of the coin.
#overthrowthepatriarchy #babyforfmmod
I'm not a fucking gmod. Don't send me shit about your ban appeal.

FM Record
melanora
Retributionist
Retributionist

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads