8M | OCTOPATH | Game Over | Town Wins!

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby Metrion » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:52 am

Rockgod incoming.
User avatar
Metrion
FM Awards: Creator
FM Awards: Creator
 
Posts: 2981
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:51 pm
Location: The VLDR boards, probably [UTC -3]

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby Jerme » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:56 am

I do not doubt my own role, only that me claiming would grant any info.
If I switches votes, Lexiam would not have been lynched, but well, I did not check votes, I only know that I voted areound 3 hours before the day ended and called it a day at that time.
You were townread around d2, and I do not know why exactly your were townread, or what you could have posted to be town read.
Well I don't know what to say, thus my posts are "low quality". Maybe I should have started with NFM, or not accept to join this game, as I feel not being made for this.

Listen to TP, Metrion. There is more information to gain when you lynch either Rick or Rock.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
User avatar
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 26111
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:09 pm

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby RockFire » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:57 am

Is this what I come back to after dead silence for basically the entire day from everyone?

I agree that Jerme is likely not town due to my results and my own town reads and his entire sloppy job at defending. What I don't understand is the argument from Arc that not lynching the dome is a good idea just because the witch doesn't have to die for us to win. I think he's just gone insane at the possibility that I'm a 4d chess grandmaster and somehow I'm scum and it's all my #masterplan.

The Jerme claim is unsurprising to say the least because of early game softing. I don't want to mess with that even if I hold the same sentiments because confirmed scum to me > my reads. But tomorrow's lynch pool is definitely Max, Arc, and Jerme going off everything.
User avatar
RockFire
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:13 pm
Location: Enacting my Machinations (UTC -7/GMT -6)

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby Metrion » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:17 am

Jerme wrote:I do not doubt my own role, only that me claiming would grant any info.
If I switches votes, Lexiam would not have been lynched, but well, I did not check votes, I only know that I voted areound 3 hours before the day ended and called it a day at that time.
You were townread around d2, and I do not know why exactly your were townread, or what you could have posted to be town read.
Well I don't know what to say, thus my posts are "low quality". Maybe I should have started with NFM, or not accept to join this game, as I feel not being made for this.

Listen to TP, Metrion. There is more information to gain when you lynch either Rick or Rock.


It not granting any info, that defense is from your PoV only which is the whole thing you just said wasn't valid.

You weren't online, and you couldn't have read the future, so your point about switching is moot.

Maybe you should have read the posts reading me then. Why you wondering about D2 exclusively in such a vague way is relevant D5 is odd.


I very much like the information I could get from wagoning you right now. Now if only people would play the game.
User avatar
Metrion
FM Awards: Creator
FM Awards: Creator
 
Posts: 2981
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:51 pm
Location: The VLDR boards, probably [UTC -3]

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby Metrion » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:19 am

RockFire wrote:Is this what I come back to after dead silence for basically the entire day from everyone?

I agree that Jerme is likely not town due to my results and my own town reads and his entire sloppy job at defending. What I don't understand is the argument from Arc that not lynching the dome is a good idea just because the witch doesn't have to die for us to win. I think he's just gone insane at the possibility that I'm a 4d chess grandmaster and somehow I'm scum and it's all my #masterplan.

The Jerme claim is unsurprising to say the least because of early game softing. I don't want to mess with that even if I hold the same sentiments because confirmed scum to me > my reads. But tomorrow's lynch pool is definitely Max, Arc, and Jerme going off everything.


I think in Arc's mind, neither of you can be scum. So that makes his decision a straight 50/50, where lynching someone that he's more confident as scum makes his decision not a coin flip.
User avatar
Metrion
FM Awards: Creator
FM Awards: Creator
 
Posts: 2981
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:51 pm
Location: The VLDR boards, probably [UTC -3]

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby Jerme » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:22 am

There is no more info you get from me apart that I am a Citizen, as I softclaimed a couple of times before.
Aside for me being clueless.
I might be missing something, but the reason why I did not want to claim was that there was no value behind it.

But well, I am fine with my lynch, as then I can leave this thread alone.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
User avatar
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 26111
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:09 pm

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby RockFire » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:23 am

Jerme wrote:There is no more info you get from me apart that I am a Citizen, as I softclaimed a couple of times before.
Aside for me being clueless.
I might be missing something, but the reason why I did not want to claim was that there was no value behind it.

But well, I am fine with my lynch, as then I can leave this thread alone.


Is this the real life?
User avatar
RockFire
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:13 pm
Location: Enacting my Machinations (UTC -7/GMT -6)

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby Veeena » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:26 am

/vote Rickdaily

So Jerme and I thundering tomorrow ok.
OSRS Account: Veeena
Lewd Queen (HCIM)

Formerly M4xwell
Known as
Xa



Spoiler: Image

Some fucking trans meme scrub.

Image
Image
User avatar
Veeena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 4113
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:03 am
Location: University. (UTC-5:00)

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby RockFire » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:28 am

Literally all the pillars of a bad defense in FM are being gathered for some sort of dark ritual apparently.


Also nerds, that's L-1 which is a bad thing when people are talking because marionette exists so /unvote
User avatar
RockFire
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:13 pm
Location: Enacting my Machinations (UTC -7/GMT -6)

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby RockFire » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:34 am

Or Met and Jerme can just go poof I guess and render the point of me unvoting pointless.

Yeah, I'm aboard for the Jerme lynch tomorrow actually because everything they're saying is just abysmal in terms of a defense. Judging from what I think of there being 6 PRs and 7 Citizens in this game that leaves only 3 of those slots left unless I'm missing something. That leaves 3 slots of cit left with two people already claiming two of them.
User avatar
RockFire
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:13 pm
Location: Enacting my Machinations (UTC -7/GMT -6)

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby Metrion » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:35 am

/unvote

I got what I wanted.
User avatar
Metrion
FM Awards: Creator
FM Awards: Creator
 
Posts: 2981
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:51 pm
Location: The VLDR boards, probably [UTC -3]

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby enderitem » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:38 am

WHY IS EVERYONE TRYING THEIR BEST TO LOOK SCUMMY!?!?!

Jerme literally avoids giving feedback for anyone else except Rick.
TP scumreads anyone who disagrees with him.
Rock just unvoted someone that he is sure of being scum.
That someone avoids giving any sort of defense, fucking me over 10 times over. I am literally exposed here!
Met starts a wagon?
Poison is Poison.
M4x is only here to vote apparently.... yeah. I am not forgiving that. /vote Veeena
She is nothing but Citizen. She is the shittiest Citizen I have ever seen and deserves to die. Actually pisses me off. Like geez people.
I am literally frozen at the moment and can't say anything until Rick fixes his shit up so can we fucking wait?
Image
Image
User avatar
enderitem
FM Awards: Creator
FM Awards: Creator
 
Posts: 2007
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:09 pm
Location: Between series

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby Metrion » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:39 am

enderitem wrote:WHY IS EVERYONE TRYING THEIR BEST TO LOOK SCUMMY!?!?!

Jerme literally avoids giving feedback for anyone else except Rick.
TP scumreads anyone who disagrees with him.
Rock just unvoted someone that he is sure of being scum.
That someone avoids giving any sort of defense, fucking me over 10 times over. I am literally exposed here!
Met starts a wagon?
Poison is Poison.
M4x is only here to vote apparently.... yeah. I am not forgiving that. /vote Veeena
She is nothing but Citizen. She is the shittiest Citizen I have ever seen and deserves to die. Actually pisses me off. Like geez people.
I am literally frozen at the moment and can't say anything until Rick fixes his shit up so can we fucking wait?

Image
Are you pretending?
User avatar
Metrion
FM Awards: Creator
FM Awards: Creator
 
Posts: 2981
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:51 pm
Location: The VLDR boards, probably [UTC -3]

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby RockFire » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:40 am

Ender, please relax because I unvoted since there's actual conversations happening right now and marionette can end the day at L-1 and make us lose time. I'll be here all day so chill.
User avatar
RockFire
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:13 pm
Location: Enacting my Machinations (UTC -7/GMT -6)

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby enderitem » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:42 am

I have been waiting for 4 days because there is nothing else I can and be able to do at the moment. WHERE IS RICK? And Rock, I am in NO CHILL ZONE. My patience has been tested for way too long!
Image
Image
User avatar
enderitem
FM Awards: Creator
FM Awards: Creator
 
Posts: 2007
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:09 pm
Location: Between series

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby RockFire » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:45 am

I think that's the point where I say do something else and take your mind off the game until you've relaxed because that's not a healthy mindset to be in. We also have 24 hours left I'm fairly sure unless I've miscounted.
User avatar
RockFire
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:13 pm
Location: Enacting my Machinations (UTC -7/GMT -6)

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby Jerme » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:55 am

It does look like we have around 23 hours and 40 minutes left.
@Ender: I do not avoid it, I simply don't have more clues than that.
@Rock: We haven't seen the Marionette after it appeared, maybe it was a one shot ability. True, we should use the time for exchanging information, if we have them.

That what I know is
1. TurdPile is town
2. PoisonMaid is very likely town
3. Rock/Rick is TvS (currently siding more with Rock being town)
Rest is currently Null for me.
I don't see a reason why I should share my thoughts on people when there aren't any?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
User avatar
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 26111
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:09 pm

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby enderitem » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:59 am

RockFire wrote:I think that's the point where I say do something else and take your mind off the game until you've relaxed because that's not a healthy mindset to be in. We also have 24 hours left I'm fairly sure unless I've miscounted.

Here is the thing Rock, I probably know the reason why Rick survived but his claim makes no sense and I need him to explain himself as soon as possible and if he doesn't soon, we will have a mislynch in our hands. That's my biggest issue.
Image
Image
User avatar
enderitem
FM Awards: Creator
FM Awards: Creator
 
Posts: 2007
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:09 pm
Location: Between series

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby RockFire » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:06 pm

Well, Rick kind of just poofed so I'm unsure of the likelihood of him getting back in 24 hours. I can't say for certain what's happening because you're being so vague but I will say that if he's lying about something then he's scum because Rick never fakeclaims roles and actions and has bashed that strategy when I did my whole thing way back on D3.
User avatar
RockFire
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:13 pm
Location: Enacting my Machinations (UTC -7/GMT -6)

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby Swordsworth » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:25 pm

Current Vote Count
Player Votes Voters
  # Votes Until Majority
Last edited by Swordsworth on Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler: Somewhere beyond the sea
Somewhere waiting for me

S E N A T O R M E M E C H I N O
User avatar
Swordsworth
Patron
Patron
 
Posts: 1678
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:50 pm
Location: Sailing

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby RockFire » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:29 pm

Apparently I can't unvote. Glorious.

But anyway, are we really just going to spend 24 hours sitting around waiting for Rick? Because if that's the case I have better things to do than be hanging around. I'll check back later today.
User avatar
RockFire
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:13 pm
Location: Enacting my Machinations (UTC -7/GMT -6)

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby Rickdaily12 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:31 pm

I'm not dead yet? Fine, I'll restate everything I know, then.

Ender and Mel were different.
Mel and Poison were different.
Poison and Rock were different.

I have always only slept peacefully, including last night, so I know that Rock is either lying about being his JOAT or shenanigans happened last night that no one is claiming. However, due to my results, Rock and Poison must contain a Witch and I noticed that Rock hasn't adjusted his results at all, and Poison claimed Escort without being CCed so there's that.

I would try to fend for myself, but honestly I'm just too fed up with this game to care anymore. I do not have any more WIM I can offer you guys anymore. I've had heavy resistance to my every move since claiming Mel was probably Mafia, which she was, and then every next day there was some fakeclaim I had to respond to, or some new line of questioning despite being confirmed Town and putting my ass on the line.

Today, Rock claims being a second vigilante of sorts and claimed a night action I probably would have been notified about, when I wasn't. I tried to defend myself for that and no one listened, everyone just took his side for it. I'm done. You'll mislynch me before him since no one wants to believe one word I say, even after all the hell I went through this game. I do not care anymore. I've been busy as hell the last few days and honestly not checking this thread has given me the most freeing experience I've had in a while. Call it anti-Town, I just shouldn't have to put up with this anymore. This game has been awful for me and no one has ever taken my side and stayed there all game.

I could have screamed this over and over for the last several days, but reminding you in one post is just so much more healthy for my inner psyche. If most of you picked a side when the day barely started and no one was considering other topics then, you gave me no reasons to care anymore. I never want Parity Cop ever again. The amount of skepticism I had my way was ridiculous and next time we should just get two cops, but whatever. That's a discussion for the end of the game.

I'm only making this post because Swords doesn't want to give a prod, even though I still feel like nothing I say has ever mattered to you guys in the first place. I've accepted my fate because no one really started listening when the day started, so why even bother anymore? Why should I return my WIM when everyone finds it easier to doubt the obvious cop? I've been so done with this game the moment I was getting scum read after Mel got lynched. This was outrageous.
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Looking for guides? :D

Check out the LGBTAI+ Thread!

Image
User avatar
Rickdaily12
FM Awards: Town
FM Awards: Town
 
Posts: 2276
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:33 am
Location: Wright & Co Law Offices

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby enderitem » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:28 pm

Fuuuuuuuuuuuucccck, why did it have to come to this. Let's spill the beans finally.

So, here is the story: I am a Paranoid Doctor of sorts apparently. When I target people and if they get attacked, they get roleblocked instead. There is no heal notification so there is no way for me to know if they were actually attacked as well. I have a self-heal as well but I am not gonna talk about that. As you can already guess, before I went to my trip I preset my action to protect Rick and I know that I didn’t fail to follow it. When Rock claimed he shot Rick, I immediately tried to pick on the opportunity to trick Rick into claiming healed to instantly out him since my ability doesn’t work like that… Much to my surprise, that didn’t work out and he claimed he slept peacefully with a result? So at the moment, I was like “What the hell?” so I believed he was lying and voted him. Then when I came to my senses I realized that it literally made no sense for him not to claim roleblocked at all! So I made a hard push on him to expose him if he was lying about not being roleblocked and the result is here. He doesn’t look like a roleblocked man to me and do you guys know what this means? He wasn’t shot last night! That is the only explanation other than him being a Witch who is roleblock immune and somehow isn’t aware of this immunity. I don’t think that role works like that but I, like anyone else, do not know anything about the Neutral either. So the most likely conclusion to this story is:

Rick says he is going to Parity check Rock tonight.
Scum Rock knows this is going to expose him and get him lynched on the spot so he takes the initiative and claims to have shot Rick. This will cause a mislynch and a permanent MyLo situation, putting Town on a tight spot until they inevitably mislynch because we have literally no more investigatives left.
We fucking lose.

/unvote
/vote RockFire It really pains me to do this because you were one of my highest Town reads during the start of this game Rock but your actions were quite inconsistent lately as well and with my results I am forced to believe you are the scum here.
Image
Image
User avatar
enderitem
FM Awards: Creator
FM Awards: Creator
 
Posts: 2007
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:09 pm
Location: Between series

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby RockFire » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:41 pm

Um, so according to this I'm the last non MH Mafia because that'd be the only way what you claimed would make sense that would make sense and I'm fairly sure the only possibility of me being scum that I can understand is Witch. The real question here is where the Mafia kill actually went because I did shoot Rick and if what you're saying is true then he'd have to have been RBed which means no kills have apparently been happening these past two days for some reason?
User avatar
RockFire
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:13 pm
Location: Enacting my Machinations (UTC -7/GMT -6)

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby RockFire » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:43 pm

Also, why in the world would I unvote Rick as Mafia at L-1 when Marionette exists and we know it has to be Mafia from the Lex lynch so I'd just push through such a plan? I mean, unless we're all assuming it's a one shot ability. I unvoted because people were saying things and I didn't want the day to end abruptly as we were saying things.
User avatar
RockFire
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:13 pm
Location: Enacting my Machinations (UTC -7/GMT -6)

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests