8M | OCTOPATH | Game Over | Town Wins!

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby Arcthurus » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:17 am

I don't understand you rock. Bussing a hustler makes sense but not killing for a night to frame doesn't? Ok.


Spoiler: Image

Art Count: 3
Spoiler: Cyrus & Horane

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
User avatar
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso
 
Posts: 1448
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:41 pm
Location: (-03:00 UTC/GMT)

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby RockFire » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:20 am

Arc, I know Rick is scum so the possibility is a null one to me. Sure, I'll say it's a good idea after thinking it over but I'm kind of predisposed to just not really consider Rick being Town at all right now.

Cannoneer existing would not make sense if you assume I'm witch because you have the sinister presence thing is one, how did it target Ender because that happened on a night where a kill happened, right?
User avatar
RockFire
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:13 pm
Location: Enacting my Machinations (UTC -7/GMT -6)

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby Arcthurus » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:32 am

True


Spoiler: Image

Art Count: 3
Spoiler: Cyrus & Horane

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
User avatar
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso
 
Posts: 1448
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:41 pm
Location: (-03:00 UTC/GMT)

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby RockFire » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:38 am

Anyway, I'm going to sleep now because I can't stay up forever and maybe more people will post before I wake up and check the game again.

On a last note, Cannoneer existing just seems dumb to because it rewards scum for not killing and it would mean one role can visit a bunch of people and kill them. How does this work? What if they're Witched? Are we assuming the Mafia kills are done by individual members because that still makes only two kills they could do.

If the role exists, then Poison being scum is not a thing since if you assume Consort then Cannoneer is MH that's invest immune and has marionette which is crap ton of strong abilities to give one Mafia role. Also means there'd be no Framer to touch me if you're going down the what if Rick and I are both Town route which is still dumb because my shot failed.
User avatar
RockFire
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:13 pm
Location: Enacting my Machinations (UTC -7/GMT -6)

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby Arcthurus » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:40 am

Dont go yet. We ought to make at least two more pages of just us.


Spoiler: Image

Art Count: 3
Spoiler: Cyrus & Horane

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
User avatar
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso
 
Posts: 1448
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:41 pm
Location: (-03:00 UTC/GMT)

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby Jerme » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:00 am

First of all: I slept peacefully.
@Arc, I did say earlier that I am away till Sunday, so I apologize my absense till then.
Regarding me being scum: Firstly, I suspected Lex d2, voted him pretty early after the wagon started and then went afk. I don't think scum!Jerme (or rather Maf!Jerme) would have done this, as the vote was one of the deciding ones to kill Lexiam, without being removeable. Secondly, I did softclaim something when I wanted alol Rb'ers on me d2. Thirdly, my vote on Poison was explained in previous posts: Lack fo activity (bad reason I know) and not starting with lynching Lex in the desire of gettign rid of the inactives. Since there were two targets, I wanted to receive an opinion of a confirmed townie as an option if the given lynchcandidates are correct and who they'd think is more scum. Since nobody counter claimed Escort, I suspect I could trust PoisonMaids claim of being the role.
I think I have to retract my townread on both Rick and Rock for a while...
If both Rick and Rock speak the truth, Poison is put on the Witch/NE spot, but judging by the not combated Escort spot, I am not sure if this is believeable.
The not killing action of the Mafia migth be done, as we townies are already at each others throats, which they don't desire to clear by killing. Thus they wait until they can easily gain majority. Or its the stored kill technique.
I do not know what the sinister presence does, but instead of a redirection, it could be a duplicator instead. Means that everything that happened to Met would also happen to someone else... But I don't think that Met would not claim having slept peacefully when he actually were roleblocked. Does a resultforwarded exist, which coudl causes the roleblocked notification of Met to be applied to Naru)?
Just to say: I am not a 4d-Chessmaster, Rock, to pick up something you've stated before. I appreciate the thought, but you are wrong on me being scum.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
User avatar
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 26111
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:09 pm

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby TurdPile » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:27 am

In my opinion, the sinister presence is akin to "You have been transported". And I'd think this is a perfect optional ability for the Witch... I'm not sure why Rock is outright dismissing this. This type of ability would give Mafia too much power if they could transport AND kill (ie transport someone out of protection, and kill them). I just can't see that happening. I'm honestly surprised no one has said it is a transport yet, because it seems obvious to me that is precisely what happened (Poison RBs met, but Naru got transported with Met, hence Naru got the RB instead). It's either this, or it forces someone to take on the actions that occur to another player (see Tornado).

Arc, I'm just going to chalk up your thought on Rock being Witch as you being tired. As stated before, if Rick flips Town - Rock is next on the block, which really doesn't serve him any purpose to hardclaim JOAT at this point, especially if it proves false. The only scenario I can see Rock being witch is if he is playing us all hardcore, is actually a mad genius, and is bussing Mafia as Witch to secure himself a town role to be able to help mafia the rest of the game. Which, without communication, is extremely risky. If this is how it actually turns out, Rock deserves to win this game TBH. I'm willing to back Rock here though.
I have mostly rescinded my role as Admin.

All previous contact should instead be redirected to LevinSnakesRise.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
User avatar
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire
 
Posts: 8539
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:25 am
Location: Massachusetts

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby Arcthurus » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:10 am

Transporter that only informs ONE of the targets? That would be weird. The second role you suggest is more or less what we were saying.

Look TP I just think this dome is do disgusting I loathe to reach my ten foot pole to touch the ten foot pole I don't want to touch this shit with.


Jerme do you agree we both should claim like I said before? I think it'd help to get as many cards on the table yes?


Spoiler: Image

Art Count: 3
Spoiler: Cyrus & Horane

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
User avatar
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso
 
Posts: 1448
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:41 pm
Location: (-03:00 UTC/GMT)

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby Metrion » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:18 am

Jerme wrote:First of all: I slept peacefully.
@Arc, I did say earlier that I am away till Sunday, so I apologize my absense till then.
Regarding me being scum: Firstly, I suspected Lex d2, voted him pretty early after the wagon started and then went afk. I don't think scum!Jerme (or rather Maf!Jerme) would have done this, as the vote was one of the deciding ones to kill Lexiam, without being removeable. Secondly, I did softclaim something when I wanted alol Rb'ers on me d2. Thirdly, my vote on Poison was explained in previous posts: Lack fo activity (bad reason I know) and not starting with lynching Lex in the desire of gettign rid of the inactives. Since there were two targets, I wanted to receive an opinion of a confirmed townie as an option if the given lynchcandidates are correct and who they'd think is more scum. Since nobody counter claimed Escort, I suspect I could trust PoisonMaids claim of being the role.
I think I have to retract my townread on both Rick and Rock for a while...
If both Rick and Rock speak the truth, Poison is put on the Witch/NE spot, but judging by the not combated Escort spot, I am not sure if this is believeable.
The not killing action of the Mafia migth be done, as we townies are already at each others throats, which they don't desire to clear by killing. Thus they wait until they can easily gain majority. Or its the stored kill technique.
I do not know what the sinister presence does, but instead of a redirection, it could be a duplicator instead. Means that everything that happened to Met would also happen to someone else... But I don't think that Met would not claim having slept peacefully when he actually were roleblocked. Does a resultforwarded exist, which coudl causes the roleblocked notification of Met to be applied to Naru)?
Just to say: I am not a 4d-Chessmaster, Rock, to pick up something you've stated before. I appreciate the thought, but you are wrong on me being scum.


Self-meta, oof. It also literally wasn't a deciding vote and even if it was you were AFK so that doesn't matter.


Arc going off the wall last night. I think Rick and Rock are hard to make out as scum right now, but I think one of them is for sure scum. If they are a witch (which is highly likely) then they can't be in on any mafia gambit. Why do you not like this dome, and who would we even lynch in that case?
User avatar
Metrion
FM Awards: Creator
FM Awards: Creator
 
Posts: 2981
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:51 pm
Location: The VLDR boards, probably [UTC -3]

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby Arcthurus » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:22 am

No that's exactly it, because it's hard to make out which it is. That last part, I'm working on it.


Spoiler: Image

Art Count: 3
Spoiler: Cyrus & Horane

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
User avatar
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso
 
Posts: 1448
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:41 pm
Location: (-03:00 UTC/GMT)

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby RockFire » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:32 am

TP, I'm dismissing it as a Witch thing because that'd mean they had two abilities which means they visit mutiple people in a night which is just odd to me since having a role be able to visit multiple people is pretty much never done aside from bastard game memes.

By the by, there's be 72 hours left in about an hour and all I feel I've done is talk to Arc for most of it.
User avatar
RockFire
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:13 pm
Location: Enacting my Machinations (UTC -7/GMT -6)

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby enderitem » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:27 am

I will be holding my vote until Rick makes his appearance again and tells the truth. If he does not, I will be joining his lynch wagon. I have already lost enough whim for this game.

TurdPile wrote:In my opinion, the sinister presence is akin to "You have been transported". And I'd think this is a perfect optional ability for the Witch... I'm not sure why Rock is outright dismissing this. This type of ability would give Mafia too much power if they could transport AND kill (ie transport someone out of protection, and kill them). I just can't see that happening. I'm honestly surprised no one has said it is a transport yet, because it seems obvious to me that is precisely what happened (Poison RBs met, but Naru got transported with Met, hence Naru got the RB instead). It's either this, or it forces someone to take on the actions that occur to another player (see Tornado).

Arc, I'm just going to chalk up your thought on Rock being Witch as you being tired. As stated before, if Rick flips Town - Rock is next on the block, which really doesn't serve him any purpose to hardclaim JOAT at this point, especially if it proves false. The only scenario I can see Rock being witch is if he is playing us all hardcore, is actually a mad genius, and is bussing Mafia as Witch to secure himself a town role to be able to help mafia the rest of the game. Which, without communication, is extremely risky. If this is how it actually turns out, Rock deserves to win this game TBH. I'm willing to back Rock here though.

Power discussions aren't going to get us anywhere, it IS the reason why we are so confused in the first place.

Rick is impossible as Mafia, bussing his own Mafia member while he already lost one makes no sense and nevermind the counterclaim for that. It is way too riskier than what you are congratulating Rock for and it doesn't make any sense. This situation is far more complicated at this point and only Rick can clear it up. He can only be the Witch either way and at this point, I am starting to not care about what he has to say. If we lose this game, I blame him and only him.
Image
Image
User avatar
enderitem
FM Awards: Creator
FM Awards: Creator
 
Posts: 2007
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:09 pm
Location: Between series

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby Arcthurus » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:43 am

enderitem wrote:I will be holding my vote until Rick makes his appearance again and tells the truth. If he does not, I will be joining his lynch wagon. I have already lost enough whim for this game.

TurdPile wrote:In my opinion, the sinister presence is akin to "You have been transported". And I'd think this is a perfect optional ability for the Witch... I'm not sure why Rock is outright dismissing this. This type of ability would give Mafia too much power if they could transport AND kill (ie transport someone out of protection, and kill them). I just can't see that happening. I'm honestly surprised no one has said it is a transport yet, because it seems obvious to me that is precisely what happened (Poison RBs met, but Naru got transported with Met, hence Naru got the RB instead). It's either this, or it forces someone to take on the actions that occur to another player (see Tornado).

Arc, I'm just going to chalk up your thought on Rock being Witch as you being tired. As stated before, if Rick flips Town - Rock is next on the block, which really doesn't serve him any purpose to hardclaim JOAT at this point, especially if it proves false. The only scenario I can see Rock being witch is if he is playing us all hardcore, is actually a mad genius, and is bussing Mafia as Witch to secure himself a town role to be able to help mafia the rest of the game. Which, without communication, is extremely risky. If this is how it actually turns out, Rock deserves to win this game TBH. I'm willing to back Rock here though.

Power discussions aren't going to get us anywhere, it IS the reason why we are so confused in the first place.

Rick is impossible as Mafia, bussing his own Mafia member while he already lost one makes no sense and nevermind the counterclaim for that. It is way too riskier than what you are congratulating Rock for and it doesn't make any sense. This situation is far more complicated at this point and only Rick can clear it up. He can only be the Witch either way and at this point, I am starting to not care about what he has to say. If we lose this game, I blame him and only him.


Didn't you also say he couldn't be witch. :?:


Spoiler: Image

Art Count: 3
Spoiler: Cyrus & Horane

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
User avatar
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso
 
Posts: 1448
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:41 pm
Location: (-03:00 UTC/GMT)

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby enderitem » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:03 pm

Arcthurus wrote:
Didn't you also say he couldn't be witch. :?:

I realized a new possibility but I can't say. His silence after his lie is actually making me doubt it as well but I cannot say much.
Image
Image
User avatar
enderitem
FM Awards: Creator
FM Awards: Creator
 
Posts: 2007
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:09 pm
Location: Between series

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby Arcthurus » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:07 pm

Is the lie his *check*? Or is the lie that he thinks the scum is Rock out of the pair (instead of Poison)?
Also to be fair this day has been mostly through the weekend and he did say several times he wouldnt be around during those.


Spoiler: Image

Art Count: 3
Spoiler: Cyrus & Horane

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
User avatar
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso
 
Posts: 1448
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:41 pm
Location: (-03:00 UTC/GMT)

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby enderitem » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:17 pm

Arcthurus wrote:Is the lie his *check*? Or is the lie that he thinks the scum is Rock out of the pair (instead of Poison)?
Also to be fair this day has been mostly through the weekend and he did say several times he wouldnt be around during those.

Can't answer. Then I will just go away and not be around during the weekdays tbh. This day isn't really fruitful. I cannot tell Jerme and M4x how to improve their outlooks either. I will just go into hiding until they do something that actually helps the conversation I suppose.
Image
Image
User avatar
enderitem
FM Awards: Creator
FM Awards: Creator
 
Posts: 2007
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:09 pm
Location: Between series

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby Jerme » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:40 pm

Arc, we both could claim, but I don't think it would bring us further, at all.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
User avatar
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 26111
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:09 pm

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby moonbird » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:37 pm

Current Vote Count
Player Votes Voters
  # Votes Until Majority
User avatar
moonbird
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 399
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:39 am
Location: drowning (pacific time)

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby Metrion » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:59 pm

Jerme, if in your next post you had to try and game-solve what exactly would you write?

Veena, same question.

Naru, same question as Veena.



I'm going to humour Arcthurus because I think it's more useful rn.
User avatar
Metrion
FM Awards: Creator
FM Awards: Creator
 
Posts: 2981
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:51 pm
Location: The VLDR boards, probably [UTC -3]

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby Arcthurus » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:42 pm

i am very humoured


Spoiler: Image

Art Count: 3
Spoiler: Cyrus & Horane

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
User avatar
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso
 
Posts: 1448
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:41 pm
Location: (-03:00 UTC/GMT)

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby Metrion » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:11 pm

Arcthurus wrote:i am very humoured


Good, good.
User avatar
Metrion
FM Awards: Creator
FM Awards: Creator
 
Posts: 2981
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:51 pm
Location: The VLDR boards, probably [UTC -3]

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby TurdPile » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:23 pm

For all we know, Arc, Met, Rick are the last 3 evils
:BlueThink:

Kidding, but if the lynch is between Rick and Jerme, I'd rather go with the coin flip than the dice roll. @Ender, if we lynch Rich and he flips Town, then we lynch Rock. If we lynch Jerme and he flips town... who exactly gets confirmed evil here?
I have mostly rescinded my role as Admin.

All previous contact should instead be redirected to LevinSnakesRise.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
User avatar
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire
 
Posts: 8539
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:25 am
Location: Massachusetts

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby Arcthurus » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:24 pm

Metrion wrote:
Arcthurus wrote:i am very humoured


Good, good.


Hahaha.
Kill him.
Kill him now.


Dewit.


Spoiler: Image

Art Count: 3
Spoiler: Cyrus & Horane

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
User avatar
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso
 
Posts: 1448
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:41 pm
Location: (-03:00 UTC/GMT)

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby Arcthurus » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:31 pm

Who's the scumteam in your head, TP, roles withstanding.


Spoiler: Image

Art Count: 3
Spoiler: Cyrus & Horane

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
User avatar
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso
 
Posts: 1448
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:41 pm
Location: (-03:00 UTC/GMT)

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 5 | Hornburg Ruins

Postby RockFire » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:37 pm

Welp, I feel as though there's not much I can add to asking everyone else things so I'll be around in case anything relevant happens.

Also as a heads up, since classes for me start tomorrow I probably won't be around that much unless it's the afternoon/evening where I live.
User avatar
RockFire
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:13 pm
Location: Enacting my Machinations (UTC -7/GMT -6)

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests