8M | OCTOPATH | Game Over | Town Wins!

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 2 | Grandport

Postby Arcthurus » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:35 pm

RockFire wrote:I think I get what you mean Ender and I don't think it's overexagerrating really. Arckas to me seems Town anyway because I doubt Mafia would push the kind of theory he did on me earlier or give such a biased multiparty summary.

How come you reply to him but ignore me?
:T
Are we thinking about the same thing? Because I did ask questions before, too.

Spoiler: Image

Art Count: 3
Spoiler: Cyrus & Horane

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Arcthurus » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:44 pm

Unless the answers are startling, Arckas is town (most likely, at least non-mafia) from what I noticed which might be the same thing you two did. I think he was mafia there?, so Ender you tell me how modern your game was.
I have no idea how to read Turd "I only play Coven All Any in TOS" Pile.

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby RockFire » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:50 pm

Ah, my bad. I forgot the second half of the question was asking about inexperience faking. And at this point I doubt it really considering how I think anyone trying to look inexperienced would make half of the eyebrow-raising things Arckas has done so far when they could just use it as an excuse to flop around without saying much of substance. But I meant that second line to you but forgot to put your name in front whoops.

That's why I'm more concerned about Lex because they've said they can post now but haven't said much of anything reads wise and I'm not feeling that scum are among the more active players since no one has tried pushing hard on a lynch yet with the Day a little more than halfway over which indicates to me caution. Which would lead me to believe the Mafia here is being more passive than actually actively doing much to lead discussion a certain way since this whole RB roundabout thing the major contributors of it seem more like confused Town to me than Mafia trying to derail conversation.

What do you the rest of you think about my assumption? I just haven't felt like scum are doing much of anything today.
RockFire
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby Nellyfox » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:54 pm

honestly not much of anyone is doing anything today and it really makes me worry
i almost want to abstain in case we blindly go into a lynch (cause idk, i mentioned day ending soon and pretty much only ender touched on it without much substance even then) and hit town. we're a mess as is that i feel like we cant really afford the loss of another member
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby Arcthurus » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:16 pm

Y'know, TP is actually kind of erratic and drawing attention to himself a lot. Like it feels like he's doing his own thing even if his thing is... bananas. I'm not very confident in this, but it feels genuine. Anyway, I don't intend on voting on either of those two. Unfortunately my lynch set is not as enviable as my not-lynch set. I'm working on that though.

RockFire wrote:Ah, my bad. I forgot the second half of the question was asking about inexperience faking. And at this point I doubt it really considering how I think anyone trying to look inexperienced would make half of the eyebrow-raising things Arckas has done so far when they could just use it as an excuse to flop around without saying much of substance. But I meant that second line to you but forgot to put your name in front whoops.

That's why I'm more concerned about Lex because they've said they can post now but haven't said much of anything reads wise and I'm not feeling that scum are among the more active players since no one has tried pushing hard on a lynch yet with the Day a little more than halfway over which indicates to me caution. Which would lead me to believe the Mafia here is being more passive than actually actively doing much to lead discussion a certain way since this whole RB roundabout thing the major contributors of it seem more like confused Town to me than Mafia trying to derail conversation.

What do you the rest of you think about my assumption? I just haven't felt like scum are doing much of anything today.

Yeah I suppose he would. You're probably right. I'd still like to pay money to swords in exchange for whispers, but I think you caught my drift.

That doesnt seem too far fetched, but who does that leave? Based on my memory of who's not been around as much: Naru, Lex, Schultz slot, Mel(?). I'm thinking you don't expect to find all of them in that group. I don't think activity is gonna be a good parameter for looking at this, either.

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Veeena » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:44 pm

RockFire wrote:Ah, my bad. I forgot the second half of the question was asking about inexperience faking. And at this point I doubt it really considering how I think anyone trying to look inexperienced would make half of the eyebrow-raising things Arckas has done so far when they could just use it as an excuse to flop around without saying much of substance. But I meant that second line to you but forgot to put your name in front whoops.

I feel like using activity to decipher who is town and not is more NAI than anything else.

However, I do agree that because of the lack of activity, there is a lack of content provided to provide an accurate lynch. Nevertheless, I also believe TP isn't a good lynch at all today and will just produce a mislynch than anything else.
OSRS Accounts: Veeena
Lewd Queen (Former HCIM)
Peepo Vee (GIM)

FF14: Xa Erros (NA Sargantas)

Formerly M4xwell
Known as
Xa/M4xy/Vee

Some fucking Vee I suppose.

Veeena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Nellyfox » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:49 pm

hey m4x no offense but can you please post the second half of your reads
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby ObiWan » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:14 pm

Ooookay, I'm here. Gonna read from where I left off and comment on things.

I'll likely be voting for who I want to lynch tonight as we have 2? days left, I believe.

Give me some time to read.
This was not the scumslip you were looking for.

Alzar wrote:there is no such thing as a meta, forum mafia is a lie, we are products of a confused society

ObiWan
Vampire
Vampire

Postby ObiWan » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:24 pm

Fuck it, I'm just gonna ISO dive and do reads/then make my vote later tonight. As a note, I'm looking at Day 2 and on.
Some of these may be half-assed right now, but that's just because it's Day 2 and I may not have a lot of opinions on you. If you have further questions on them, go for it.

Spoiler: ender - Strongest townread so far - His first post D2 was what I was thinking exactly about Guzame, and he called him out on it right away. He's called people out, and addressed a lot of people that I just cant see him as mafia, at least not right now.

Veena - Slight town - It's a risky move to claim Citizen, there are pros and cons to it. I don't like it overall, but it doesnt mean you're automatically town or scum for doing it. So, I'm just going to read you off your reads, which are townie to me, straightforward, and seem genuine.

Naru - Null - Leaning scum - Don't like the "could be lying about being RB'd" comment. Seems too easy to pin that on someone. But definitely giving the benfit of the doubt. I know this is hard, but try. If ANYTHING looks suspicious that anyone is saying, ask them about it or point it out. You don't have to make a long ass reads list like this just yet. Just do a little skim through someones ISO and see if something looks suspicious. The Deathnote doesn't matter imo.

Jerme - I'm gonna Null you as well - I can see Jerme as being a noob player and just trying to come into the game not knowing what to do but I can also see him as some type of scum player that doesn't know what he's doing, either. I need to see more from him about others before I decide.

Arckas - Null for the second - Leaning scum. Too much chaos with the roleblocking plans - Why are TP and Nelly town to you? You don't actually state that, that I saw.

Turd - Slight town - Loved his reads, apart from his Nelly read, which I don't understand. The rest of his reads had some basis to them, but his Nelly read had none. Seems like an oddball.

Guzame - Scum Lean - Hated his opening statement as it seemed too forced, as I said before. I don't like that he never stated in the thread that he scumread Gent Day 1(That I have seen). Yet said he had a scumread on him Day 1, on Day 2. That quote is below. I feel his last two statements contradict each other as well. It seems like he's trying to come up with some logic that doesn't really help us find scum in the end.

Rick - Null - Not going to comment on Ricks activity like others have because that is NAI. People get busy, yada yada. I really, really want to townread you. But, i'm not seeing much in the way of scum-hunting from you. Who is your top scumread as of now and why?

~~~~~~~~~~~

The other half is coming tonight, I just need a slight break. Reading all this shit is exhausting. Hope ya understand.

Alzar wrote:there is no such thing as a meta, forum mafia is a lie, we are products of a confused society

ObiWan
Vampire
Vampire

Postby ObiWan » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:27 pm

Gonna be back in about a half hour or so and do the other reads.

I suggest others start thinking about who they're going to vote for today because we are nearing that time.

ObiWan
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Veeena » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:02 pm

Nellyfox wrote:hey m4x no offense but can you please post the second half of your reads

I'll be able to in the morning as I zoned out and passed out for a few hours as I had to write this.
Lewd Queen (Former HCIM)
Peepo Vee (GIM)

Formerly M4xwell
Known as
Xa/M4xy/Vee

Veeena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arckas » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:12 pm

Yo M4x and Obi, could you use your words to explain why the plan would fail?
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby enderitem » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:16 pm

Popping in before I go to work.
Lexiam wrote:Alright now that i have internet back, i shall play catchup!

I read the post made from arckas about the summary of day 2, so that helped. About the Gent saying im scum: I look scummy every game I am in so I am used to being a PL, even when good or bad.

Anything you want from me, like thoughts or reads, I can provide, but im no good at detailing im afraid

Lexiam wrote:With my internet situation, i will do a super long post once i get internet back

Post it or get roasted.
Arcthurus wrote:Unless the answers are startling, Arckas is town (most likely, at least non-mafia) from what I noticed which might be the same thing you two did. I think he was mafia there?, so Ender you tell me how modern your game was.
I have no idea how to read Turd "I only play Coven All Any in TOS" Pile.

The game I made wasn't FM basically. Arckas had a role that let him instantly see the roles of two players while showing only their rolecard to each other but if they were both scum of the same alignment, Arckas's rolecard and identity would be known to them. He was one of the 7 that at least one of must survive for Town to be able to win and his killers, if scum, would steal his ability as punishment. So you can tell, he wasn't pretty vocal in the game. You can ask Rick as well, he also was in that as one of those 7.
enderitem
FM Awards: Creator

Postby Veeena » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:19 pm

Arckas wrote:Yo M4x and Obi, could you use your words to explain why the plan would fail?

I'm not sure which one of the two you are talking about but both can be partially summed up to the person in general and the concept of deception. Lying about things happening/not and pretending an action occured/not (by claiming so) is still a thing within the game of Mafia and surprisingly even town would utilize this (for some reason) for a benefit I couldn't comprehend. It just feels like there's not enough reward for this.
Lewd Queen (Former HCIM)
Peepo Vee (GIM)

Formerly M4xwell
Known as
Xa/M4xy/Vee

Veeena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arckas » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:22 pm

Veeena wrote:
Arckas wrote:Yo M4x and Obi, could you use your words to explain why the plan would fail?

I'm not sure which one of the two you are talking about but both can be partially summed up to the person in general and the concept of deception. Lying about things happening/not and pretending an action occured/not (by claiming so) is still a thing within the game of Mafia and surprisingly even town would utilize this (for some reason) for a benefit I couldn't comprehend. It just feels like there's not enough reward for this.

No. In fact there is no deception at all. It's literally out every possibility- no surprises.

I'm not advocating it anymore, but I don't think it's alright to get away with not understanding it.
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby ObiWan » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:27 pm

Eh?

Never said anything about any plan failing. I said there was too much chaos with the Roleblock plans.
There's too much going on with the roleblock shit that it's just confusing and I don't think it needs to happen in general.
It's just confusing everyone talking about it.
I think speculating and planning night actions this early on just hurts town in the end and gives scum the advantage.

ObiWan
Vampire
Vampire

Postby ObiWan » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:27 pm

That was a bit more than a half hour, apologies. Finishing the rest of my reads
Then I'm voting

ObiWan
Vampire
Vampire

Postby ObiWan » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:01 am

Spoiler: Lexiam - Null - Need to hear more. Who are your town reads/Scum reads? Anything?

Mela - Leaning Scum - I feel like Scum!Mela is more scumhunter-ey and calls people out on shit rather than go along with things. She's been very focus on the roleblock shit that it seems like she's contributing, when I don't feel she is. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I had a feeling of this in my last game with her, and didn't push it. So I'm pushing it now.
So, Mela, top scumread atm is? Who? I don't know if you've actually stated any scumreads Day 2, at all. If you have, and I am mistaken, feel free to refresh me.

Met - Leaning town - Very intense, but very straightforward. I don't feel Scum!Met would be this way. Also, Met, take a deep breath, IT'LL BE OKAY I PROMISE.

Nelly - Null but Leaning scum - Asks for reads of M4x but hasn't made her own. The abstain comment makes me feel weird because if we lynch a town member she can just go
"I abstained, therefore I'm innocent." We've only lost one town member, we need to lynch today. Abstaining isn't going to help anyone. Even if we end up mislynching, that mislynch can help us with reads and associations in the future. I don't really understand the TP read. Would you lynch him today?

Arcthurus - Null/Leaning Scum - I really, really wanted to townread you. But after looking at your ISO, you don't have ANY SCUMREADS. ARCCCCCCC. I do see a lot of townreads, though. Which makes me on edge. However, I do like your line of questioning on some people, but you never really pushed things far.

Rock - Slight town - While he's posting a lot, some of his pushes are based on activity, which I don't like. However, I like that he's asking a lot of questions OF EVERYONE. That, to me, is a town player. I'm cautious of Rock, which is why he's just a slight town.

Nhero - Null - Slight town - Not sure why people are scumreading Nhero. They (Not sure on pronouns) seem very genuine in their posts and replies. The reason for the Null is because I want to see more from them on scumreads. They mentioned some, but didn't go very far.

Schultz - Null - Of course

As of right now I'd be down for lynching Guzame or Mela. Possibly some of my Null- Leaning scums as well but those are a push.

For now I'm gonna go ahead and

/vote Mela

And then prepare for melas wrath. This is who I think we should lynch today.

ObiWan
Vampire
Vampire

Postby ObiWan » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:06 am

Also I know it's gonna be VERY hard to lynch someone because everyone here is special to us in some way, but this is a game and we all are here to have fun.
Just making that a note now.

Also if you don't vote, Ima glare at you. Intensely.

ObiWan
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Arckas » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:38 am

I'm going to be travelling tomorrow, so I may as well place my vote down too. I highly doubt this will go anywhere, but I will make the vote again /vote RockFire.
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby NheroArconix » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:08 am

Been busy today, going to be busy for a while tomorrow.
I haven't had time to look into everything and probably won't for a bit, but I'll try and get a post out sometime before I pass out.

/r/townofsalemgame Subreddit Moderator
ImageImageImageImageImage
NheroArconix
Patron
Patron

Postby ObiWan » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:12 am

NheroArconix wrote:Been busy today, going to be busy for a while tomorrow.
I haven't had time to look into everything and probably won't for a bit, but I'll try and get a post out sometime before I pass out.

Do itttt

ObiWan
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Rickdaily12 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:47 am

Obi, I really think you're going to need to refine those reads of yours if you have nearly as many scum reads/leans as you do Town. Especially in a game where nearly three quarters of us are Town, like... that's just gross.

At the very least I feel like it's probably forgivable to have quite a few null reads on the basis of low activity/content and such, but wow, I don't know how to feel about that.

In the meantime I'm working on my own reads, but yeah, we should be trying to clear a lot more people than exceeding the total number of Scum with our SRs this game, I feel.
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Looking for guides? :D

Check out the LGBTAI+ Thread!

Rickdaily12
FM Awards: Town
FM Awards: Town

Postby Metrion » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:55 am

Rickdaily12 wrote:Obi, I really think you're going to need to refine those reads of yours if you have nearly as many scum reads/leans as you do Town. Especially in a game where nearly three quarters of us are Town, like... that's just gross.

At the very least I feel like it's probably forgivable to have quite a few null reads on the basis of low activity/content and such, but wow, I don't know how to feel about that.

In the meantime I'm working on my own reads, but yeah, we should be trying to clear a lot more people than exceeding the total number of Scum with our SRs this game, I feel.

He has five, the same number as scum slots. Six are town and the rest are neutral. How do you feel about the actual content Rick?
Metrion

Postby RockFire » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:09 am

I'm just going to say that I have work shifts over the next three days so I might not be around too much besides around non my time which is lunch and after 5 my time. Depends on whether or not I catch a free moment or not.

As for what you said Arc, I don't think they're all in there obviously but I've got Town reads for days on a bunch of people but no strong scum reads on anyone which bugs me about the whole coasting people. Also activity being NAI is fair if everyone's busy but I just assumed we'd all be decently active at least because there's not an extended day.

In other news, I'll probably toss what my Town reads are just to put them down somewhere since I've already said most of them and organize my thoughts. Also Obi not liking Arc for a lack of scum reads is weird when I haven't done much in the way of that but I get a Town read? He null /lean scum reads Arckas for the RB plans but Turd gets a Townread when he basically did the same thing.
RockFire
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads