GFM2.43 | Cytokine Storm | Behind The Barrier~Tetramislynch!

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

GFM2.43 | Cytokine Storm | Behind The Barrier~Tetramislynch!

Postby enderitem » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:21 pm

The chosen live.
Life divided by the living.
Thanks to this division they live on.
And throughout this living, blood shall flow…

Hosted by enderitem, Schultz128 and Nyalzar...

Rules
+ This is not an official episode because you will actually be provided with a sense of pride and accomplishment.
+ All Global Rules and FM Rules doubly apply. So if you break the rules you will both be blacklisted and banned which will blacklist you further as well... I think.
+ Do not directly quote moderator messages in the game chat, including your rolecard and especially, do NOT ever quote your ability/attribute names or any sorts of flavor until they are revealed in the said chat.
+ Don't act childish and throw the game because you were irritated by your teammates or something else. In a game of Mafia, being stressed and enduring that stress is just part of the fun, really.
+ I will never lie to you throughout the game and the only time RNG will be used in this game is when the player roles are set. So no game mechanic is set on this element whatsoever. So not a bastard game according to this site.
+ All outside communications are forbidden. If you are eliminated from the game, you still may not talk about it with anyone else without mod permission. Just don't try to cheat or anything, obviously.
+ Please do enjoy your time in this game. I loved making every single detail in it and there is no words to tell how happy I was when I finished it and when I finally got to host it here after more than 3 years of preparations.
+ This game requires effort from all the players and mods so nobody is exempt from inactivity. When you sign up for this game, you have stated that you are willing to participate in and follow the rules of the game unless a serious issue occurs which disables you from playing. Time is of the essence in this game and replacements can severely hurt any faction in more than one way. I know I am stressing this rule way too much but you should understand that replacements ruined many games with great potential and nobody wants to watch their efforts go to waste because of downright selfish reasons of other people. Please use replacements as a necessity, not as a luxury. All in all, here is a new spice I have created for this game: Not voting for 24 hours will end up with you getting prodded and if this happens again, someone else takes control. You can vote the same person twice.

Game Mechanics
    Setup
    Spoiler:
  • 40 players and 2 sides are in this game.
    • The HUMANS and the Penumbra System alignments make up the "Town" faction known as the host while the Bacteria, Virions, Parasites, Fungi and the Neoplasm make up the enemy faction known as the pathogens.
    • Each alignment has specific goals and unique abilities or attributes assigned to them.
    • There are no alignment conversions in this game.
    • Prion will not be assigned to a player in this game.
  • The players will be separated after the first "Night" (Prodromal) Phase into two chats named as: "Behind the Barrier" and "Beyond the Barrier".
    • The original chat will be lost after this incident. It will only return after the game comes to a close.
    • One chat starts with the Day Phase while the other starts with the Night Phase and so on.
    • Both the night and day actions will be completely separate including votes. Only some rare abilities or attributes and the graveyard itself will be able to bypass this barrier.
    • Chats will remerge when there are 25 players in total or less and both previous chats will be lost after this incident. They will only return after the game comes to a close.
    Phases
    Spoiler:
  • There are 4 or possibly 5 kind of phases in the game.
    • First phase of the game is regarded as the Incubation Phase. It is a basically 50 hours long Day Phase with no actions available and it is a plurality Exposure. What is Exposure? Instead of the player dying after a plurality lynch, their rolecard will be completely revealed for everyone to see. They will be still alive to probably be killed later in the game. Obviously the game chat and all private chats are open during this part of the game.
    • Second phase of the game is regarded as the Prodromal Phase. It is 50 hours long but no actual actions are available so it uses a secret mechanic for the sauce. Only some roles can use it. Game chat is obviously locked during this but private chats are open.
    • After this, the game phases and chat gets separated. So let's first talk about the actual day phase that is the Immune Phase which is similar to the Incubation Phase with some certain differences. During this phase, players can send in phase specific actions and all players must send in a secret action called the "Exposure Eradication" through a PM to the Mods. I will come to explaining that. The phase must be between and 1 and 5 days. The phase will force end if everyone sends in their Exposure Eradication actions after a day or 5 days limit is reached.
    • Now, Acute Phase is similar to a "Night". The game chat is locked and private chats are open. It is also between 1-3 in real life days. You send in your Night Actions like you always do with one main difference. Once an official action is sent, it cannot be changed, it is locked automatically so you need to be careful when you make your decision. When all actions are sent in, the phase will end and the Immune Phase will start going back and forth with these phases.
    • The mechanics of the last phase of the game is going to be revealed if it happens.
  • After 500 in real life hours, game will force end. This number can change due to game mechanics.
    Lynches & Actions
    Spoiler:
  • One thing about the Acute Phase that I need to mention in a more detailed manner is the fact that there are two types of actions: Simple and Complex. Simple actions are basically your abilities while complex actions are attributes worked into actions when certain conditions are met.
  • Okay, let's explain Exposure Eradication. We already know what Exposure means so you can guess what this means probably. Well, when a certain role targets a certain exposed role, they kill'em… ye. This is decided according to Specializations and almost every role has one.
  • Only some roles can whisper and whispers are anonymous unless a role that can whisper, whispers another that can also whisper. In this case, the whisperer’s identity will be revealed without them being aware of it. Nothing can change the person you are whispering to during the same phase. Whispers will be utilized in https://www.quicktopic.com and Discord itself.
  • There are no death notes or last wills in this game.

Terminology
Spoiler:
    Acute Phase = Night Phase
    Communication Field = Game Chat
    Corrupted Genetic Information = A Rolecard with only Name Available
    Eradication = Killing
    Exposure = A Rolecard being Revealed in the Game Chat
    Exposure Eradication = Lynch
    Genetic Information = Complete Rolecard
    Host = Town/Me
    Identity = Player
    Immune Phase = Day Phase
    Message = Public Post
    Obligate Action = An ability that must be used.
    Origin = Alignment
    Pathogen = Scum
    Revealing = Causing a finding to be shown in the Game Chat
    Selection = Vote
    Signal = Private Message (ie. MHC II)
    Stop = Roleblock
    Stress = Making specific actions towards the target kill them.
    Swarm = Visit
    Uncovering = Getting a result
    War = Game
Sample Rolecard
Spoiler:
Etiquette
Spoiler: Your number is one of the ways to define you as they can be used as abbreviations. Always and I mean ALWAYS include me in your PMs for your sake and don't be late.
When you are voting for a player, please use: /select Player Name/Number
For Exposure Eradication action, name your PM “Cytokine Storm/GFM Exposure Eradication” and put your target’s name or number in it during the Immune Phase.
For Acute Phase actions, name your PM “Cytokine Storm/GFM Acute Phase Action" and write it like this: “/use Ability Name on Player Name/Number” so a good example would be “/use Invasive Species on Rickdaily12 or 32”.
For questions and other things, the same formula goes: “Cytokine Storm/GFM Question". Please use PMs for those instead of asking in the thread.

Autonomous Ones
Spoiler: Extinct Ones
ISOs
enderitem (Host)
Alzar (Nyohost)
Schultz128 (Gay Host)

Spoiler: 1) xUltiix
2) EvanManManMan
5) JammySplodge
7) Jerme
9) Multiuniverse
11) taylork2
12) non271103
14) timurtheking
15) RetralMega
18) ShortcutButton
20) notatruegentleman
21) gabby100
22) theyellowgreninja
23) ryanyb
24) M4xwell
30) IAmAMunchlax
32) Rickdaily12
34) TuBadEvil
35) CowMight
36) Jalandh
37) Chemist1422
38) KingOfEvil
39) Gooose26 39) BS4125

Timeline of Events
The End of non271103
The End of Immune Phase Ω and the start of Acute Phase ψ
The End of Acute Phase ψ and the start of Immune Phase Ψ
The End of Immune Phase Ψ and the start of Acute Phase χ
The End of Acute Phase χ and the start of Immune Phase Χ
Moderator Message: Timer is set and we are about to start. https://sonerdeniz1995.wixsite.com/sitem Now you know my name and age but who cares.
enderitem
FM Awards: Creator

Re: GFM2.43 | Cytokine Storm | Behind The Barrier~Acute Phas

Postby enderitem » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:22 pm

Moderator Message: Acute Phase will end as soon as everyone sends in their actions. Don't forget, you can't change your actions after you send them so think carefully.
enderitem

Re: GFM2.43 | Cytokine Storm | Behind The Barrier~Acute Phas

Postby Schultz128 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:20 am

Schultz128

Re: GFM2.43 | Cytokine Storm | Behind The Barrier~Immune Pha

Postby enderitem » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:03 pm

Jerme has been eradicated! Their true form was Ophiocordyceps sapiensis!
Spoiler:
7) Jerme's Genetic Information

Incoming message from… Doctor D. Sage Mors on the topic of… “The Fungoid Focus you were asking for: Ophiocordyceps sapiensis”.

Hello. How is the research going? I have found a newly evolved species that is similar to the one you mentioned earlier. I do not how deep you have dug through to learn of something so ancient but it indeed still does exist. I do not have any info on its current form of spread but if it is any close to what you mentioned, then I prefer to stay ignorant on this matter which is why I cannot allow the creation of any replicas of this creature on any lab. Let’s go from what you found out. Fungi are easy to eradicate, yes. But if it is airborne and able to take over a lifeform’s mind, it is considered a “Type 3-Ω Searchless” regardless of origin according to the regulations we have created together and you were the one who mentioned something like this during the meeting as well.

Besides, the moon I found this thing on is too far from any form of civilization, let alone a research center. It is impossible to send anything to that place and expect it to somehow return. It doesn't pose a threat to us but I will make sure to have that wretched place and even the constellation it is in, be added into the list of quarantine realms like many you have forced me to. Also, I hope you are not interested in researching it yourself like the last time. This time, there can’t be any permissions for this at all and I am still exhausted for the scanning methods I had to utilize to make sure you weren't carrying any unexpected germs because of your apathy. Exclude this thing from your research, I can't think of any other way to emphasize this more but if you still wish to dwell more on this subject, come to me and I will gladly yell at your face that this is a bad idea. I will only leave some predictions made about its capabilities so at least fear stops you if I can’t.

MHC II Status: You should know that, we expect it to be MHC II negative which stops it from communicating anonymously with others.
Specialization: You should know that, we expect its primary target is HUMANS members.

Ability

Fungal Reminiscence: You should know that, during any phase, we expect it can target an organism to give them the result of one of their previous Acute Phase actions it chooses from and acquire the real result itself. However, it can’t know the organism’s original target itself while blocking the said organism from following their action.

Attributes

Scavenger’s Capsule: You should know that, we expect using Fungal Reminiscence on an eradicated or a living HUMANS member, should uncover the target’s genetic information and using Fungal Reminiscence on a Penumbra Colony should grant it Exposure Eradication protection from them.

MHC II Steal: You should know that, after using Fungal Reminiscence on a MHC II positive target, we expect it will obtain a copy of their MHC II for itself. It should lose this attribute after this incident.

Opportune Moment: You should know that, we expect it can target and affect organisms on the other side of the barrier.

Succession Condition: Fungal Reminiscence is used on all 7 HUMANS members.
Expulsion Condition: Ophiocordyceps sapiensis is eradicated.

taylork2 has been eradicated! Their true form was Dendritic Cell Colony!
Spoiler:
11) taylork2's Genetic Information

This is the project log for Dendritic Cell Colony of the Myeloid Lineage.

To know the enemy; it is essential to find it, to stop it, to kill it, to remember it. As the head of the immune system, dendritic cells are responsible of acquiring information regarding pathogens and presenting them to the other cells of the immune system so they can hunt these invaders down more easily. Without these cells, the immune system is directionless and doomed. Although, a fate even worse is the corruption of these cells since as the heads of the immune system, these cells also have the power to even order the suicide of their followers. Like HUMANS, these cells should be under close watch and protection, otherwise any infection shows the potential of immune compromise and considering how fast the immune system works currently, this critical condition might occur way too suddenly to treat. To avoid this, we have implemented decoy receptors that are a lot more attractive for intracellular pathogens. These decoys hidden in the dendrites of these cells will lead any invader to basically a grinder that will process all of the genetic data. While the autonomy granted by DNA Ex Machina seems to be promising for this feature, the unpredictability of this addition into the protective mechanisms against corruptive agents puts me in a dilemma. They will be beyond excellent at what they do… yet we never will get to completely understand how they function.

MHC II Status: This colony is MHC II positive which allows them to communicate anonymously with others.
Specialization: The primary target of this colony is forcing eradication.

Abilities

Immune Dendrites: During the Acute Phase, this colony can use their dendrites to acquire samples of organisms that has swarmed their target, giving the colony their whole genetic information.

Immune Network: During any time of the Immune Phase, this colony can swarm an organism to form a protective network that can find out which organisms have targeted them for eradication.

Attribute

Immune Bounty: If this colony gives a pathogen’s genetic information to another Penumbra Colony, they will be able to eradicate them by simply targeting them regardless of Specialization.

Recovery Conditions: All threats against HUMANS are eradicated with at least one HUMANS member surviving the Cytokine Storm.
Doom Conditions: There are no surviving HUMANS members left after the Cytokine Storm or a threat for HUMANS still remains after the Cytokine Storm.

M4xwell has been eradicated! Their true form was Chromophil Hybrid Colonies!
Spoiler:
24) M4xwell's Genetic Information

This is the project log for Chromophil Hybrid Colonies of the Myeloid Lineage.

In this project, for whatever we are trying to achieve we must always think as many steps ahead as we can. Otherwise, we might have brought ruin amongst all humans and there are worse thing than death the living fear... Parasites for example; are specialized at debilitation, the suffering they cause is a slow and long path with various hallmarks. The most important of which is when the disease is severe enough to cause a disability, increasing the burden of this person on the society and more importantly, on themselves. This possibility should be nullified if we are to succeed and the defense against them must be highly sensitive to maintain no atopic responses. Thankfully with the creation of mechanoproteins, the new immunoglobulins are much more stable too. This is especially true for the new version of the IgE which can cooperate with their producers and even dominate the target they are attached to, exposing them with their own volition. Although, different types of cells of the immune system secrete these immunomechanoglobulins so there is the possibility of disagreement or worse, disengagement. Thankfully, the conclusion we had with the hybrid viral genome we experimented with shows that it will be even easier to combine two active genetic materials in one cell type and have them function synchronously. Furthermore, as this cell type is genetically a novel organism with completely unique and well-established set of genes, it also demonstrates the newly found ability to fend off any virus it interacts with.

MHC II Status: This colony is MHC II negative which stops them from communicating anonymously with others.
Specialization: The primary targets of this colony are Parasites or Virions.

Abilities

Judgment by Capabilities: During the Acute Phase, this colony can target an organism for judgment. Using the system utilized by this colony, organisms can be divided into 4 categories according to their abilities: Killers, Stoppers, Channelers and Recognizers. This is an obligate action.

Immunoglobulin Overreaction: For once during the Immune Phase, this colony can decide to switch 2 organisms for eradication for the next Immune Phase by recruiting devastating amounts of IgEX. This action cannot be stopped by anything including the eradication of their targets.

Attribute

Immune Cooperation: If this colony interacts with certain Penumbra Colonies, they will be enhanced by them. This will give this colony the ability to eradicate pathogens they are specialized in if they also interact with them during that phase.

Recovery Conditions: All threats against HUMANS are eradicated with at least one HUMANS member surviving the Cytokine Storm.
Doom Conditions: There are no surviving HUMANS members left after the Cytokine Storm or a threat for HUMANS still remains after the Cytokine Storm.
enderitem

Postby enderitem » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:03 pm

"Isn't it obvious? He is obsessed, maybe even afraid. I wouldn't take it as an offense if I were you."
Image“I couldn't care less about me being offended. What he is doing endangers everything we worked on and beyond that, humanity itself!
You know where he is, I am sure. Tell me before it's too late!”Image

"I have no idea where he is. Go bother Teal about it. We are talking about his brother after all."
Image“You would want that, wouldn't you? But he is already... I heard you were having trouble decrypti...”Image

"FUCK OFF! I am not going to strike a deal with someone like you for something my team is already capable of."
Image“I am sure they can... eventually. However, what matters is whether they do it in time.
After all, Gene did dwell on metaphysics a lot...
A study you ba..."Image

"Damn, you are annoying when it comes to him. You are right, he contacted me as a 'backup plan' but he still was secretive.
Talked about shit I didn't care about and still told me to hide everything. I guess he wouldn't mind me giving his message to you.
I may not know where he is but I do know how to find him and I am glad you are the one who is going to go mad during this pursuit.
You know what I mean."
enderitem

Postby enderitem » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:04 pm

Sporadic Manifesto activated: Immune BoostImageImmune CooperationImagePeripheral DogmaImageNegri DamageImageNeurotransmitter OverflowImageCaseous Necrosis
Pattern Rewritten: This virus can infect any Myeloid Colony to mess up with its pattern recognition receptors, making them kill any Penumbra Colonies they target. This is an obligate action.

Moderator Message: Living players can now post. Also, I need to go to sleep now.
enderitem

Postby RetralMega » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:14 pm

Two people randomly died? Off to read the other side.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby RetralMega » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:16 pm

RetralMega wrote:Two people randomly died? Off to read the other side.

Well that was pointless.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby RetralMega » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:17 pm

Oh, three people died. Didn't notice Jerme because different colors.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby RetralMega » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:26 pm

Hi Varanus!
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby RetralMega » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:27 pm

Can we quote messages from the other side, or do we have to say they said something to give the context?
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby Rickdaily12 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:28 pm

BEYOND. STOP TRYING TO USE EXPOSURE AS A MOD FLIP YOU MOTHERFLIPPING IDIOTS.

EXPOSURE ERADICATION CAN BE USED AT ANY TIME ON EXPOSED ROLES.

If anyone has an ability that can shield Ryan from Exposure Eradication during the Immune Phase, use it right now.

I'll be back later. I needed this screamed to the Beyond side and Evan wasn't getting it. I'll be home in a couple hours.
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Looking for guides? :D

Check out the LGBTAI+ Thread!

Rickdaily12
FM Awards: Town

Postby notatruegentleman » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:31 pm

Evening. Been sick the last few days, so please bear with

I think we can flavor confirm seven players based upon that fungal rolecard, i.e. claim if you are one of the seven humans
notatruegentleman

Postby notatruegentleman » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:31 pm

im refsuing to read the other thread ftr xd
notatruegentleman

Postby Rickdaily12 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:33 pm

notatruegentleman wrote:Evening. Been sick the last few days, so please bear with

I think we can flavor confirm seven players based upon that fungal rolecard, i.e. claim if you are one of the seven humans

NO.

All HUMANS need to be killed for the Town to lose.

People need to stop hinting at what they are. Just play the game as normal and stop helping the evils figure out their targets.
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Looking for guides? :D

Check out the LGBTAI+ Thread!

Rickdaily12

Postby gabby100 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:35 pm

RetralMega wrote:Can we quote messages from the other side, or do we have to say they said something to give the context?

you read the other side so you should know the answer to that... it's evan we need evan retral
on another note it's 4:34AM im going back to bed soon i just wanted to see if the chat was open yet
I remember doing the time-warp
Drinking those moments when
The Blackness would hit me
And the void would be calling...
Let's do the time-warp again!

since i keep being forgotten here's my FM records:
town aka getting citizen almost everytime:
TFM61 TFM62 NFM53 TFM65 NFM54 TFM66 15B VFM32 15F SFM46 16D ep XVII
SFM52
evan forcing me do the VC...

mafia:
SFM40

neutral:
GFM2.43 SFM48

before the rerolls happened:
NFM55
ep XVI

gabby100

Location: In someplace trying to translate my thought process into simple english for everyone to understand

Postby gabby100 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:38 pm

hm... jerme wincon is interesting i wonder if there's anymore people like him?
I remember doing the time-warp
Drinking those moments when
The Blackness would hit me
And the void would be calling...
Let's do the time-warp again!

since i keep being forgotten here's my FM records:
town aka getting citizen almost everytime:
TFM61 TFM62 NFM53 TFM65 NFM54 TFM66 15B VFM32 15F SFM46 16D ep XVII
SFM52
evan forcing me do the VC...

mafia:
SFM40

neutral:
GFM2.43 SFM48

before the rerolls happened:
NFM55
ep XVI

gabby100

Location: In someplace trying to translate my thought process into simple english for everyone to understand

Postby notatruegentleman » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:46 pm

Rickdaily12 wrote:
notatruegentleman wrote:Evening. Been sick the last few days, so please bear with

NO.

People need to stop hinting at what they are. Just play the game as normal and stop helping the evils figure out their targets.

i read my rolecard I swear

so there's flavor confirmed seven humans?
notatruegentleman

Postby notatruegentleman » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:47 pm

notatruegentleman wrote:
Rickdaily12 wrote:

NO.

i read my rolecard I swear

so there's flavor confirmed seven humans?

I had shit flipped

yes, flavor confirmed seven humans, we don't want them outed since they die
notatruegentleman

Postby IAmAMunchlax » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:52 pm

why the fuck is there a storm spirit in here, also i've been against outting town this entire time /shrug

could chit's wincons be hidden cause he got modkilled???
IAmAMunchlax
Halloween 2015 Winner
Halloween 2015 Winner

Location: ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨

Postby RetralMega » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:55 pm

Oh, everyone go to the other thread and read Evan's posts at the start.
Very informative.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby IAmAMunchlax » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:56 pm

right, he posted a wall of reads or something, was at work when i saw that, will try to read tonight without passing out
IAmAMunchlax
Halloween 2015 Winner
Halloween 2015 Winner

Location: ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨

Postby notatruegentleman » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:56 pm

IAmAMunchlax wrote:why the fuck is there a storm spirit in here, also i've been against outting town this entire time /shrug

probably because it revealed info that wasn't supposed to be public
notatruegentleman

Postby IAmAMunchlax » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:57 pm

notatruegentleman wrote:
IAmAMunchlax wrote:why the fuck is there a storm spirit in here, also i've been against outting town this entire time /shrug

do u mean in general?
IAmAMunchlax
Halloween 2015 Winner
Halloween 2015 Winner

Postby notatruegentleman » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:59 pm

IAmAMunchlax wrote:
notatruegentleman wrote:

do u mean in general?

yes?
notatruegentleman

Next

Return to Game Threads