13H: LoLFM | Game Over (Mafia, Witch and Shade Win)

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: 13H: LoLFM | Day 1 (Welcome to Summoner's Rift)

Postby AFTRHR » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:26 am

kosmo16 wrote:
EvilDeanius0 wrote:
kosmo16 wrote:-snip-
We know that they can't transport themselves. Of course may not exist in this game, but what that has to do with my accusation?

We don't know that at all. Both types of transporters have been considered standard. Your accusation is based off of him questioning that, which doesn't hold any justification.

That's interesting. I have 2 questions to you.

1. Do you think Cham is Town or Wolf? Please provide arguments.
2. Why you think that Transporter who can transport themselves is considered standard?

Not him, but the guy you responded to before. I'm not entirely used to FM's standard of a Transporter-type role, because in previous games (not here) I've only seen roles like that who can also transport themselves, and I've also seen it in Town of Salem and a bit on MafiaScum. I assumed Transporter here would also be capable of moving himself.

As for Cham, they've been a bit floppy for me. While on one hand they have some good points, some of them are still a bit vague and I'm not too sure I can put my eggs in that basket yet. I'll put more on this tomorrow when I get the time.
AFTRHR

Postby kosmo16 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:45 am

AFTRHR wrote:
kosmo16 wrote:
EvilDeanius0 wrote:
We know that they can't transport themselves. Of course may not exist in this game, but what that has to do with my accusation?

We don't know that at all. Both types of transporters have been considered standard. Your accusation is based off of him questioning that, which doesn't hold any justification.

2. Why you think that Transporter who can transport themselves is considered standard?

Not him, but the guy you responded to before. I'm not entirely used to FM's standard of a Transporter-type role, because in previous games (not here) I've only seen roles like that who can also transport themselves, and I've also seen it in Town of Salem and a bit on MafiaScum. I assumed Transporter here would also be capable of moving himself.

As for Cham, they've been a bit floppy for me. While on one hand they have some good points, some of them are still a bit vague and I'm not too sure I can put my eggs in that basket yet. I'll put more on this tomorrow when I get the time.

Apparently, EvilDeanius0 saw a game with transporter with ability to transport themselves. Let him find the game or a post with description of transporter.
Legacy Season Rank: Master
Season One Rank: Master
Season Two Rank: Diamond
Season Three Rank: Master
Season Four Rank: Master
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Postby ChamAlien » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:50 am

Why is transporter so important for you?
I like 'em round and big
ChamAlien
FM Awards: Town
FM Awards: Town

Postby kosmo16 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:53 am

ChamAlien wrote:Why is transporter so important for you?

It is the most powerful (expect for Power Roles) Town role. About questions for transporter, I don't care about answer. I just want to know if EvilDeanius lied to me.
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Postby FMLSheWas12 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:57 am

ChamAlien wrote:You said we should not assume that he is a noob

Kind of, yeah. I mostly grilled cmitc because I was wondering whether there could be a legitimate association link between him and Ymirr.

roz1roz wrote:I don't like it cause of "didn't read the rolecard" part.
I don't like it cause what's the chance that someone who didn't see a rolecard guessed theirs flavor, when there is over 130 champions in LoL.

I'm pretty sure that was planned and I don't like it.

It probably was planned, but frankly I don't care because it doesn't mean anything.

AFTRHR wrote:North is an obvious sheep. No posts beforehand, first post is a vote off.

When people are late for meme phase they meme vote in the middle of serious discussion. They both have similar avatars so I'd assume they're friends. Also sheeping isn't synonymous to mafia associates, in fact I'd argue they'd rather sheep a town leader rather than scum in any serious situation.

Shilster wrote:htg is the role list balanced?

FMLSheWas12 wrote:League is unbalanced, therefore this game is unbalanced.
FM Star Collection
Spoiler:
Trolled by the League of Losers
Spoiler:
FMLSheWas12
Consort
Consort

Postby AFTRHR » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:00 am

FMLSheWas12 wrote:
AFTRHR wrote:North is an obvious sheep. No posts beforehand, first post is a vote off.

When people are late for meme phase they meme vote in the middle of serious discussion. They both have similar avatars so I'd assume they're friends. Also sheeping isn't synonymous to mafia associates, in fact I'd argue they'd rather sheep a town leader rather than scum in any serious situation.

Ah, well, I kinda assumed that everything after the meme phase was serious, haha. In that case,

/unvote

Also, I can't see their avatars for some reason, so I didn't know.
AFTRHR

Postby kosmo16 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:00 am

MetrionIsANerd wrote:how does league work again

He is inactive for over 36 hours. Should be proded.
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Postby RHawkeye » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:01 am

kosmo16 wrote:
AFTRHR wrote:
kosmo16 wrote:
EvilDeanius0 wrote:

Apparently, EvilDeanius0 saw a game with transporter with ability to transport themselves. Let him find the game or a post with description of transporter.

Old transporter role card is here: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=25213
I played with this variation of transporter in 7G.
RHawkeye
[Forum Mafia XIII] Winner

Postby kosmo16 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:09 am

RHawkeye wrote:
kosmo16 wrote:
AFTRHR wrote:
kosmo16 wrote:
EvilDeanius0 wrote:

Old transporter role card is here: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=25213
I played with this variation of transporter in 7G.

OK. Let's say I believe that he thought that role cards moved to trash 17 months ago are still in use.
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Postby RHawkeye » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:11 am

EvilDeanius0 wrote:Both types of transporters have been considered standard.
RHawkeye

Postby RHawkeye » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:12 am

You're kinda shifting your goal posts here.
RHawkeye

Postby EvilDeanius0 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:36 am

kosmo16 wrote:
EvilDeanius0 wrote:

1. I'm unsure as of right now but I'd lean town. I've played with him before, but I think this was back when he was just starting so idk much of his meta. I feel like his tone is the same as it was back then, and I'm sure he flipped town that game.

2. It used to be, although this was months back. I think it changed sometime between episodes 10 and 11? It might have been used in SFMs since then, but I didn't want to assume which transporter was in play without mod confirmation.
FM Record: 39 - 61
EvilDeanius0
FM Awards: Neutral
FM Awards: Neutral

Postby kosmo16 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:44 am

EvilDeanius0 wrote:
kosmo16 wrote:
EvilDeanius0 wrote:

1. I'm unsure as of right now but I'd lean town. I've played with him before, but I think this was back when he was just starting so idk much of his meta. I feel like his tone is the same as it was back then, and I'm sure he flipped town that game.

2. It used to be, although this was months back. I think it changed sometime between episodes 10 and 11? It might have been used in SFMs since then, but I didn't want to assume which transporter was in play without mod confirmation.

I will make a deep analysis of his meta. But it is time-consuming, maybe tomorrow.
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Postby MichaelgRook » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:20 am

murat1996 wrote:
MichaelgRook wrote:Aw the hawk wagon is gaining momentum

Yis

Way??

RNJesus asked me politely to deathtunnel them
I'm vibin to video game snow themes and I blame chemist
I'm a they/them Ice-type lover
MichaelgRook
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby MichaelgRook » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:24 am

RHawkeye wrote:
MichaelgRook wrote:bah post

What has been going on

Someone summarize to me

We're literally just 11 pages in?

I placed a serious vote on soulshade which brought memephase to a grinding halt, and soul voted me back. FML and Ymirr had some interactions based on me vs soul. cmit also gave some thoughts on it.
I accused kosmo of trying to shift conversation away from the above, we had some discussion about my reasons for voting soulshade, lynching vs nolynching, whether we should make a hypothetical nightplan for PRs, whether we should pressure inactive players
roz voted me, several people questioned it, FML thought it was "not bad", roz explained their reasons for voting
kosmo voted Cham, several people questioned it

Who are these garbage noob players that think nolynching is a good idea
I'm vibin to video game snow themes and I blame chemist
I'm a they/them Ice-type lover
MichaelgRook
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Soulshade55r » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:43 am

MichaelgRook wrote:
RHawkeye wrote:
MichaelgRook wrote:bah post

What has been going on

Someone summarize to me

We're literally just 11 pages in?

I placed a serious vote on soulshade which brought memephase to a grinding halt, and soul voted me back. FML and Ymirr had some interactions based on me vs soul. cmit also gave some thoughts on it.
I accused kosmo of trying to shift conversation away from the above, we had some discussion about my reasons for voting soulshade, lynching vs nolynching, whether we should make a hypothetical nightplan for PRs, whether we should pressure inactive players
roz voted me, several people questioned it, FML thought it was "not bad", roz explained their reasons for voting
kosmo voted Cham, several people questioned it

Who are these garbage noob players that think nolynching is a good idea

It's not a terrible idea, when could end up hanging a townie. But lynching is probably better then pa
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby RHawkeye » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:43 am

We've had the nolynching discussion already, I don't think there's much point in repeating it.
RHawkeye

Postby roz1roz » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:06 am

RHawkeye wrote:
roz1roz wrote:Let me rephrase it.
Out of your 40 posts, there are 11 questions for people to explain theirs sentences or about theirs opinion.
It would be really cool if you had a bit actual opinions on your own as well. But most of your posts are... let's call it facts, they are something wich is truth, some explaining, some statements wich people believe in, like "We are lynching", "Trying to dictate PR actions even hypothetically is a bad idea", "Nolynching gives us no info", "I don't like being misrepresented".
But they... don't really relate to game in any AI way.

Honestly, this is kinda gross.
Like, yeah, I've stated a lot of obvious shit, because it turned out that stuff wasn't so obvious to the newer players in the game. Surely it would be weirder if I, an experienced player, stood by and ignored it while they were suggesting taking actions detrimental to town?

roz1roz wrote:Only opinions your ISO have is stuff like... calling something fake and not give any reasoning. Saying you would think of voting M4xwell and not give any reasoning.

That's pretty bad from the person who is trying to ask others to explain everything, to not give any reasoning themself.

So yeah, let me ask again here. Why are you asking people for reasonings if you usually avoid to give your own to begin with.

I'm asking people for their opinions/explanations so I can try figure out the motivations behind certain things they're saying. Figuring out motivations makes it easier to figure out alignments.

It's disingenuous to suggest that I'm avoiding giving reasons. I explained quite clearly why I voted soulshade when the reason was misinterpreted. I explained why I thought kosmo's post about starting to focus on winning was wolfy. I'm not sure how you expect me to explain why I thought a post felt fake, I think it's fairly self explanatory.
Sometimes, I think, it can be beneficial to not immediately give reasoning. Like with your naked vote on me, we got to see how plenty of people reacted to that. People might draw their own conclusions, might state assumptions, and again that helps discern motivations. I don't think I've been asked to explain anything and ignored it.

Yeah, exactly. You explained when you was misinterpreted, not earlier.
And while I agree that sometimes there is a reason to not instantly give reasoning, I also think that you are leaving some statements unjustified too often.
It's kinda like going AMA.
Don't expect waiting to be asked to explain is a good way, cause it's not. If you have a case on someone, use it.

As for first quote - yea, but that's still not content. Stating obvious stuff can be also made by mafia, trying to get more posts.

Do you see where I'm coming from?

I don't say it's very AI, as it's day 1, and most people didn't bother yet, but still...
You are trying and not trying in the same time and it's bothering me.
roz1roz
Civilian
Civilian

Postby heytheregirl17 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:29 am

M4xwell has requested replacement.
Spoiler: Image
heytheregirl17 wrote:Y'all trust me when it comes to matters of protecting ourselves from aliens

I'm not sure whether that says more about me or you guys
heytheregirl17
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner

Location: respawining at phylactery, please wait... (CST, UST-6)

Postby RHawkeye » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:03 pm

I don't have cases, I have small things that are pinging me and I'm pushing those people so I can get a better read.
RHawkeye

Postby FMLSheWas12 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:34 pm

I'll probably do a re-read and pull shit outta my ass so we can get discussion going again.
FM Star Collection
Spoiler:
Trolled by the League of Losers
Spoiler:
FMLSheWas12
Consort
Consort

Postby lucky333123 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:21 pm

kosmo16 wrote:
ChamAlien wrote:I dont think that transporter can transport themselves

Just noticed.
/vote ChamAlien

How is what Cham said scummy and yes, I have read the rest of the thread.

I’m not getting any scum vibes from that post. I don’t understand how that is wolfy. I believe I have seen transporter in a standard game before. We don’t know whether there is a transporter or not.

I’m right now reading Cham as slightly Town.
Newbie to FM.

FM record: 13-15
lucky333123
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby Ymirr » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:49 pm

htg - heavy scum has made quite a bit of posts but no reads at all
cmit - idk
lucky - moderate scum. Only read is a fence sit and everything else is flavor discussion and bringing up an obvious point that is the consensus on this forum.
Shilster - a couple posts faintly ping town but there really isn't any content here so null
Dean - idk but gut says lean town???
RH - town lots of posts that consistently give me town vibes
Cham - idk
Murat - read is literally impossible to make here
kosmo - brain says slight town gut says slight scum so null for now
fml - slight town due to making plays to generate reads that seem very not faked
Elusive - I'm going to have to omgus and say slight scum for not doing anything but throwing shade on soul wagon and not contributing anything else. It's slight though because 6 posts
M4x - waiting for replacement
roz - moderate town I see a strong town mindset leaking through their posts, just seems honest
poly - idk
Michael - idk but maybe slight scum because of use of RNG for no reason and sticking with the RNG'ed vote, like really??
North - no content
Soul - slight town though my read is based on early posts only and a lot of their more recent posts seem wierd so might have to revisit at some point
AFTR - idk
lemon - idk
MetIsNerd - no content

I'd vote for lucky but I see no point in that vote rn so I'll start looking for something else
PEdit - wow lucky posted and it's content but /vote lucky
( This user's signature can only be viewed by users with a Town of Salem Platinum Package. Contact your site moderators for additional details. )
Ymirr
Doctor
Doctor

Postby heytheregirl17 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:54 pm

Ymirr wrote:htg - heavy scum has made quite a bit of posts but no reads at all

careful what you say there, my role gives me the powers of modkill :twisted:
Spoiler: Image
heytheregirl17 wrote:Y'all trust me when it comes to matters of protecting ourselves from aliens

I'm not sure whether that says more about me or you guys
heytheregirl17
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner

Location: respawining at phylactery, please wait... (CST, UST-6)

Postby murat1996 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:55 pm

kosmo16 wrote:
murat1996 wrote:
kosmo16 wrote:
ChamAlien wrote:
kosmo16 wrote:
ChamAlien wrote:I dont think that transporter can transport themselves

Just noticed.
/vote ChamAlien

I dont claim transporter I just know that normal transporter cannot transport themselves because episode XIII

If you knew exactly how transporter works why you said "I don't think". For me it was really wolfy. I also checked your past games and your rhetorics in this game and in games where you were Town are different.

That's not how that works kosmo

Which part?

Nvm
33-40-3 : My FM Record

Hosted: VFM13

My discord is fluffymurat#2318 if you really want it I guess...it's now a legacy name.

My discord is just fluffymurat
murat1996
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads