12E: Treacherous Temple: Game Over (Town, NB, NE Won!)

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: 12E: Treacherous Temple, Day 1: Flavor Failure

Postby UNDERSTOOD12345 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:42 pm

TalkingDirty wrote:
UNDERSTOOD12345 wrote:I mean if your gonna vote me to force me to work fine, but that's like sketchy tactics

You mean you won't contribute unless you are voted?

I mean, I will contribute, this just gives me extra motivation
- If any of you want to go to a couple of really decent a fun mafia sites that can actually improve your game, try mafiascum and mafiauniverse. Both very newbie friendly and awesome!
UNDERSTOOD12345
Medium
Medium

Postby snapshot112 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:55 pm

I believe I already voted Xultiix?

if not then I'll do it now
/vote Xultiix
Ingame-Nickname: Shalltear
Games played: 956 (528/419/9)

#SaveTheDragons
A small click for you, but a HUGE click for these dragons.
Image Image Image Image Image

FM record (4/4)
Spoiler: Image
snapshot112
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby ShortcutButton » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:01 pm

Not understanding the case on under, other than some sort of meta read

I admit I'm not the top scumread but TDirty saying he's "not sure what to think of me" and then presenting all this stuff that points to a scumread... not a good look for him.

P-edit: who even is your main
ShortcutButton
Forger
Forger

Postby UNDERSTOOD12345 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:08 pm

TalkingDirty wrote:
UNDERSTOOD12345 wrote:
TalkingDirty wrote:
UNDERSTOOD12345 wrote:I mean if your gonna vote me to force me to work fine, but that's like sketchy tactics

You mean you won't contribute unless you are voted?

I mean, I will contribute, this just gives me extra motivation

So you think it's scummy for people to vote you because of your inactivity. But, I gotta be honest, you don't seem to be inactive in the sense that you are not on. You currently have 43 posts. Snap has 38 posts and they have contributed more, and they are on the chopping block just as much as you are. Therefore, you are active you just aren't contributing enough in your posts. But then you say you won't be more productive until you are voted; gives you more motivation. It's all very weird to me. Why do you need votes on you to be more active? Why not just put more work into your posts?

Long post for a simple answer: I'm lazy lol
- If any of you want to go to a couple of really decent a fun mafia sites that can actually improve your game, try mafiascum and mafiauniverse. Both very newbie friendly and awesome!
UNDERSTOOD12345
Medium
Medium

Postby ShortcutButton » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:17 pm

I disagree that naked votes are taboo. They simply represent someone's viewpoints that they don't want to share just yet. Not necessarily scummy

I was never intentionally defending ici. In fact I think the only time I've talked about him was in reference to how good at this game we both are. Can you point to when ici fingered me?
ShortcutButton
Forger
Forger

Postby ShortcutButton » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:21 pm

There's two things you can do with these scumleans of yours, Dirty: either go with your gut and call me out or admit you don't have a clear read at all
TalkingDirty wrote:
ShortcutButton wrote:I disagree that naked votes are taboo. They simply represent someone's viewpoints that they don't want to share just yet. Not necessarily scummy

I was never intentionally defending ici. In fact I think the only time I've talked about him was in reference to how good at this game we both are. Can you point to when ici fingered me?

I don't understand the question. Where were you fingered?

Nowhere yet but I want to be. (;

Where was a post that said ici was scunreading me
ShortcutButton
Forger
Forger

Postby snapshot112 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:29 pm

can anyone give me an actual reason to be voting me? I higly dislike the fact that I've got 5 votes on me based on pretty much nothing.

#SaveTheDragons

FM record (4/4)
snapshot112
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby xUltiix » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:44 pm

To the people who called me scummy:

1 about Ici) I didnt see where he said it wasnt a reaction test as I was skimming and only saw him pull his vote off andilin and the part that wasnt "It wasnt a reaction test"
2 about me pointing out a Cit) Because thats what I saw him as ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
xUltiix
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Postby xUltiix » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:45 pm

xUltiix wrote:2 about me pointing out a Cit) Because thats what I saw him as ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I also pointed him as neutral, not just cit fyi
xUltiix
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Postby MichaelgRook » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:59 pm

Current Vote Count
Player Votes Voters
  # Votes Until Majority
Last edited by MichaelgRook on Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm vibin to video game snow themes and I blame chemist
I'm a they/them Ice-type lover
MichaelgRook
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby EvilDeanius0 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:59 pm

It's not sketchy, its called pressure? You put pressure on them to see how they act, and if their play style changes at all. Calling yourself inactive when having one of the highest post counts so far doesn't really work as a defense. All that says is you have the time to put in more effort, you're just not.
FM Record: 39 - 61
EvilDeanius0
FM Awards: Neutral
FM Awards: Neutral

Postby PurpleSidewalk1 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:02 pm

Spoiler:
HarperReed wrote:Harper is going to look into a few more things later when have more time, but Purple did ping a bit a few joke posts that came off a little forced in a sense or just rubbed Harper a little off

I do jokes?

QuantumRadius wrote:awesome, who is amrock

general question I have for the more experienced players who know my main's meta:
the majority of people are townreading me here, which is rare if I'm not conftown
is my quantum meta more townreadable than my main's meta, and if so, why? i feel i can get some material from this

Why did you have to go and ping me you idiot.

QuantumRadius wrote:
Enxtra wrote:/vote Snapshot

that's called naked voting
it's where you vote with no explanation
that's generally taboo

No I pocketed him/her remember? :>
OllyRenard wrote:I want Awesome or Talk Dirty lynched now. Purple is best girl. Harper is meh girl. Short is gross girl. Thank god I'm vig

@Understood where is the meta analysis of andilin you promised, u scum?

/vote awesome

Fuck you! I wanted to vote awesome, but I don't know... hmmmmm okay fine but I'm not with Olly. Actually maybe not actually idk.

snapshot112 wrote:can anyone give me an actual reason to be voting me? I higly dislike the fact that I've got 5 votes on me based on pretty much nothing.

You are bad. Also your push on Ult was so stupid it had to be scum motivated. He could have missed Ici say it was a reaction test as both scum or town and could have ignored it as both as well. That was pretty much your whole argument so ye. You've been whiteknighting, inflexible in reads, and just pinging me in general. All that being said I want to move on from you because I think there are some more reactionary targets, but I need you to give me a reason to move on.
Elastoid vs chittownmvp01 is TvS.
PurpleSidewalk1
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby Anonymous0726 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:45 pm

Relevant quotes in spoilers.
Spoiler:
snapshot112 wrote:I stand by the fact that this looks extremely scummy to me:

xUltiix wrote:
Icibalus wrote:Alright, Andilin. Your defense was solid.

/Unvote

I'll admit that my reasons for voting were godawful. What I don't like is how quickly it took for Shortcut to jump onto that wagon.
It seems like a very easy bus/mislynch.

Something about your tone still seems off, but I'll be fine for now.

Now, what other reads have come up in the past few pages?

The andilin wagon could have been a reaction test or this post is copping out of being caught
I think there is one scum from {Shortcut, Ici} here

I didnt like multiuniverse's post, they havent been very active and their last post was just fluff but I would only really see them as Cit or Neutral here

am I the only one that finds this scummy?
You brought this up before, and it didn't particularly ping me, especially not for the reason you stated. The over-specificness of the last part is maybe a bit weird, but it kind of feels like you're reaching here, and possibly trying to cover yourself for poorly defending andi by (incidentally, poorly) attacking someone else who was defending him.
Spoiler:
TalkingDirty wrote:
ShortcutButton wrote:Not understanding the case on under, other than some sort of meta read

I admit I'm not the top scumread but TDirty saying he's "not sure what to think of me" and then presenting all this stuff that points to a scumread... not a good look for him.

P-edit: who even is your main

I'm like 60/40 on my opinion of you. You defended Ici almost relatively the same way Snap defended Andilin. Problem is I think Andilin is town and Ici is scum. I'm not entirely sure if you buddied with your scumbuddy or you just found Ici's initial views on Andilin to be valid. I probably would be more confident on my read on you if Ici hadn't pointed suspicion towards you after backing off Andilin. It threw me off a little.

-snip-
The thing is, imo, it wasn't the same way. Short didn't so much as defend Ici, more attacked (/sheeped) with him, while snap defended andilin. While it could indicate opportunistic scum on either of their parts, I think it is worth noting that it wasn't quite the same.
Spoiler:

general question I have for the more experienced players who know my main's meta:
the majority of people are townreading me here, which is rare if I'm not conftown
is my quantum meta more townreadable than my main's meta, and if so, why? i feel i can get some material from this
Wondering about the first part too. Second part I probably can't help with much. You feel genuine, if that helps.

Am willing to switch to awesome btw. Not really feeling an Under (or Short or TD, for that matter) lynch atm tbh.
Anonymous0726
Sponsor
Sponsor

Location: A suburb of Chicago you've probably never heard of.

Postby MaccaMania » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:25 pm

The snapshot wagon looks pure tbh.

His response to my post wasn't that bad though, it seemed well thought through and made sense. I do still have a slight scumread on him, but it's gone down a bit.

I'm also slightly scum reading Ultii for a couple of the posts I saw when skimming the thread, particularly the reaction to Under's fake n0 result. Murat seems a bit off to me but he usually always does, and somebody told me that active Murat = Town Murat, so I'm taking that into consideration.

I'll fully read the thread as soon as school finishes.
Sometimes it's nice to just watch the world BURN.

Forum Mafia Record: 8 - 10 - 0
MaccaMania
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby ShortcutButton » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:33 pm

@michael is this plurality or majority?
ShortcutButton
Forger
Forger

Postby ShortcutButton » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:54 pm

In response to post above me, don't like how evil tried to answer for jacko
ShortcutButton
Forger
Forger

Postby snapshot112 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:58 pm

PurpleSidewalk1 wrote: Spoiler:
HarperReed wrote:Harper is going to look into a few more things later when have more time, but Purple did ping a bit a few joke posts that came off a little forced in a sense or just rubbed Harper a little off

I do jokes?

Why did you have to go and ping me you idiot.

QuantumRadius wrote:

that's called naked voting
it's where you vote with no explanation
that's generally taboo

No I pocketed him/her remember? :>
OllyRenard wrote:I want Awesome or Talk Dirty lynched now. Purple is best girl. Harper is meh girl. Short is gross girl. Thank god I'm vig

@Understood where is the meta analysis of andilin you promised, u scum?

/vote awesome

Fuck you! I wanted to vote awesome, but I don't know... hmmmmm okay fine but I'm not with Olly. Actually maybe not actually idk.

snapshot112 wrote:can anyone give me an actual reason to be voting me? I higly dislike the fact that I've got 5 votes on me based on pretty much nothing.

You are bad. I've got a different playstyle than you. Sorry, not sorry.

Also your push on Ult was so stupid it had to be scum motivated. He could have missed Ici say it was a reaction test as both scum or town and could have ignored it as both as well. That was pretty much your whole argument so ye. If someone says something that they know isn't true then it's generally a good scumtell. I hadn't really tought of the possibility of him not having read the post since they weren't far apart. that would indeed explain it.

You've been whiteknighting, If I have been whiteknighting then so has harper. Luckily, I haven't been doing so. Someone was being accused based on shitty reasoning. I asked them to explain the reasoning and when they didn't bring up anything good, I made a compareable reasoning as to why ichi would be scum. using the same logic that he used to call andilin scum. This to show him how bad his argument actually was. That was me defending andilin and showing ichi why he was wrong to scumread andilin for it. That's what every townie should do when someone is accused for shitty reasoning. I have no regrets and would do it again.
And even if that was whiteknighting, (wich it wasn't!) then you would still be hypocriticall for calling me out on it since you are doing the exact same thing with ultiix.

inflexible in reads, I have barely done any reads. and we only have 24 pages of discussion. Not really a lot to go off. Not to mention that you have been calling me scum since you started posting. wich isn't showing a lot of flexibility either.

and just pinging me in general. Sometimes someone plays differently than you, deal with it.

All that being said I want to move on from you because I think there are some more reactionary targets, but I need you to give me a reason to move on. TL;DR: The only good argument you brought up is the second one saying that I called xUltiix out for saying something wich was obviously false. sad thing is that you had to put a sticker on it saying: This can't possibly be anything but Scum!motivated. wich kind of ruins it. argument 1 and 5 are shit, and argument 3 and 4 are false and hypocritical. When you get to the point that you have to make up arguments to depict someone as scum, you know that it's time to take off your tunnel goggles and look somewhere else.

#SaveTheDragons

FM record (4/4)
snapshot112
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby MichaelgRook » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:10 pm

ShortcutButton wrote:@michael is this plurality or majority?

Majority. There is no plurality in standard unless explicitly stated.
I'm vibin to video game snow themes and I blame chemist
I'm a they/them Ice-type lover
MichaelgRook
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby UNDERSTOOD12345 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:12 pm

I know jacko won't lynch me, because then it would implicate himself as Snapshot's scumbuddy when Snap is lynched

Snap is NOT playing like typical town!snap right now
UNDERSTOOD12345
Medium
Medium

Postby UNDERSTOOD12345 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:14 pm

Also, a fairly decent wolftell is Snapshot asking why people are voting him as a defense. It's weird to say that people are voting him ove rnothing, it's like he's trying to subtly push us off. Besides that, he's not as defensive as I would expect in this moment as well
UNDERSTOOD12345
Medium
Medium

Postby UNDERSTOOD12345 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:18 pm

@jackoderp this is your last chance to bus snap btw
UNDERSTOOD12345
Medium
Medium

Postby snapshot112 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:28 pm

UNDERSTOOD12345 wrote:Also, a fairly decent wolftell is Snapshot asking why people are voting him as a defense. It's weird to say that people are voting him ove rnothing, it's like he's trying to subtly push us off. Besides that, he's not as defensive as I would expect in this moment as well

It's not weird, it's the truth. all of these votes barely give any explanation. The only ones that tried to explain where Quantum and Macca, Macca is wrong because I wasn't 'whiteknighting' and quantum is completely ignoring context. so yes, there is no good reason to be voting me.

UNDERSTOOD12345 wrote: I think snap is not quite as confident as he is when he is town, so I could go for a snap lynch too.

/vote Snapshot

Anonymous0726 wrote:Not sure why I haven't done this yet, but
/vote snapshot112

QuantumRadius wrote:
snapshot112 wrote:actually, you don't even have to agree. Just keep in mind that he was called scum and voted for based on nothing. Wich is pretty much equal to random accusing someone.
so this is not a weird post. It's perfectly fine.

where do i begin

first line basically looks like a scum asserting themselves confidently as town
second line is a really weak defense on andilin, discrediting the push but not supporting andilin, could be scum distancing from a defense
last line is absolutely shit
/vote snapshot

MaccaMania wrote:/vote Snapshot
I'm more confident on Snap being scum over Andi rn because despite both of them having equally scummy posts and weird interactions I could see Mafia!Snap whiteknighting Andilin bc he knows Andi is town and wants to buddy with him or smth like that. It made sense in my head.

#SaveTheDragons

FM record (4/4)
snapshot112
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby UNDERSTOOD12345 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:29 pm

Why aren't you defensive Snap?
UNDERSTOOD12345
Medium
Medium

Postby snapshot112 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:30 pm

UNDERSTOOD12345 wrote:Why aren't you defensive Snap?

are you blind?

#SaveTheDragons

FM record (4/4)
snapshot112
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby snapshot112 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:33 pm

either way I'm going to bed, Good night ;)

#SaveTheDragons

FM record (4/4)
snapshot112
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads