Game IV-B (Herps, Derps and Fails - Full Time! Mafia Win!)

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Who should have won?

Town
10%
Mafia
10%
Neutrals
24%
Draw, Everybody Loses!
57%

Total votes : 21

Re: Game IV-B (Day 4 - Damn it Rick!)

Postby Arckas » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:38 am

Rickdaily12 wrote:
And let the record show that I never tried to lynch TheCow. I only wanted it to make it look like we would lynch Cow later. I never voted once for him. And if you did too, I would've stopped you. I actually almost thought you wanted too.

He DID want to. Dooble did pretty much everything but vote to lynch, and if he did, it would have been too late to stop the lynch by then, Arckas. What you did was rash and could have ended horribly. And I don't care if you do this regardless of your alignment, I'm going to give you shit for it anyway.

I never, not once said I wanted to be healed or protected.

You really should have made that clearer in your whisper. Because THIS ^ is not how it sounded.

But like I said, Arckas- I'm not saying I don't see what you would be gaining from a Citizen standpoint. Because I can see what you'd be trying to do as Town. But your recklessness at making the actual claimant of Town Protective look Mafia, just really bothers me if I think about it for too long.

Especially when said claimer looked scummy as is. Your gall really knows no bounds. :|

That said, I'm just going to be honest. I can see you, as scum, also doing this, and reaping well from this. You doing what you did does NOT make you look more Town than the others, so let me be clear in that regard to you, alright?

All your points have been taken in advance, but If I wanted to do this without an overwatch, then where do you think we would be right now.

All your points taken. I understand, but I did take the precautions to do so.
And frankly, as citizen you've got do something or else your just dead weight.
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Rickdaily12 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:39 am

Except if Mafia were operating under the assumption that LeScraf would be dead today... Why investigate Zero? Why not be doubly sure that, say, Nelly is Survivor and not Amnesiac? Or that Cow is Doctor, not Arckas?

We can't really say that Mafia did any harm to themselves without a point for Today's set of night actions. Even Metrion's frame helps.
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Looking for guides? :D

Check out the LGBTAI+ Thread!

Rickdaily12
FM Awards: Town

Postby stellaluna » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:42 am

Rickdaily12 wrote:Hey, stella? Thanks for coming to defend yourself and all. A moment, please.

Mind giving your take on everything going on so far? What do you make of my efforts to search for Blackmailer, and what do you think of a Mafia lynch today?

I'm interested in what evidence primorix has with regards to bluethegirl being almost certainly citizen. My memory may be fuzzy but I don't recall her posting much at all after day 1.
As far as a mafia lynch goes, I'm still completely undecided with regards to what my vote may be for today. All I can say is that it definitely won't be sturps.
hi im stella and i like you

stellaluna
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Rickdaily12 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:44 am

I'm leaning more and more toward a Metrion lynch again. If what Metrion said was true, then Framer promotes to Mafioso.

This doubles the fact that we really don't need to lynch Sturps anymore- we remove his power to stop investigations just by killing the GF. And honestly, I'm hoping even more that Metrion lied about who promotes next- because if it actually is the Blackmailer instead, then we threaten two things in a single lynch.
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Rickdaily12

Postby Arckas » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:45 am

But here's the other thing.
The mafia pretty much new everyones roles at this point. So there consigliere would be useless. The only reasons you would have to still use it are

-To find the arsonist.
-To make it look like your not mafia to the spy.
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Arckas » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:46 am

You know, we can just ask LordofFail in the order of promotion.
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Rickdaily12 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:49 am

Arckas, you can't tell me Mafia knew EVERYONE's roles as of Night 3. You just can't. And based on Metrion's framing, with Primorix's blackmailing, they were banking on LeScraf being killed yesterday.

Stella... you seem pretty convinced that Blue might not be one of the three Citizens. Is there any particular reason you're so doubtful of her in specific? What could you possibly say about her that we couldn't end up pointing back at you?

Also Arckas, we can't just ask that. It'd confirm the Mafia roles for the Town, and he shouldn't be giving that.

Rickdaily12

Postby Doobledore » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:52 am

Hm, I just noticed, we're on the edge of chaos. We know most of the mafia, and almost everyone else's roles... and it's only Day 4.

LoF was right.. this is a chaotic game ;_;
Doobledore
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby Arckas » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:53 am

Rickdaily12 wrote:Also Arckas, we can't just ask that. It'd confirm the Mafia roles for the Town, and he shouldn't be giving that.

You do know that you could give a list of the 6. (7 if you count the mafioso)
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Rickdaily12 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:54 am

Wait a minute- didn't Lord end up saying in the end that he now just randomly generates the promotions?

At least, that's what I do, and I'm hoping he does it too... (weak hope completely inadmissible as evidence but still)

Rickdaily12

Postby Arckas » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:57 am

Rickdaily12 wrote:Wait a minute- didn't Lord end up saying in the end that he now just randomly generates the promotions?

At least, that's what I do, and I'm hoping he does it too... (weak hope completely inadmissible as evidence but still)

You should really make that standardized. Not random.

Rick, I just want to say that unless you have absolute proof that a person is the blackmailer, were not going to lynch another townie thereby making it impossible for us too win.
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Santa07 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:01 am

Although a part of my soul is adamant to lynch the arsonist, I don't want to upset Rick, and think we should go for metrion.
Santa07
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Postby Rickdaily12 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:02 am

Rick, I just want to say that unless you have absolute proof that a person is the blackmailer,

*Hairs on back neck standing on end... Turnabout senses tingling...*

The very least I want to do is establish some sort of concrete speculation for our Sheriff. For the time being, I've already elected the person I'm thinking I'm okay with lynching today. Because whether they are telling the truth OR lying, Mafia is screwed in all ways but one possible way if that happens.

Meanwhile, I'm also waiting for nelly to return. Excuse me while I go sleep, then. Remember, DO NOT VOTE YET. There is still plenty to discuss.

Oh and... no. I won't be making Mafia promotions standard. Screw that. Who am I to say that any single role's actions are more valuable than another's? Plus, I don't want the order of promotion in which a Mafia makes to be something that a member of the Town to be able to infer.

Rickdaily12

Postby stellaluna » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:05 am

Arckas wrote:You know, we can just ask LordofFail in the order of promotion.

I'm assuming metrion's order thingy is correct based on it not having been contradicted by lordoffail yet.
Rickdaily12 wrote:Stella... you seem pretty convinced that Blue might not be one of the three Citizens. Is there any particular reason you're so doubtful of her in specific? What could you possibly say about her that we couldn't end up pointing back at you?

I don't find her particularly suspicious but I want to know exactly why primorix thinks she's more likely to be citizen than anyone else. He seems to have a very firm town read on her.
hi im stella and i like you

stellaluna
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Arckas » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:16 am

Here what I think and I'll tell you why because its because of my lie that we know this.

Because of my lie, there was a doctor claim, and a bodyguard claim that the mafia didn't do. Thereby, there are 3 roles that are would be that person that isn't themselves. The jester, the executioner, and the arsonist. Seeing as why would a executioner pick a protective rather then what you did rick, and seeing as how both sides (Me and Cow) were both trying are hardest to stay alive, they assumed that one of those people was the arsonist.
And yes, I do realize that they investigated Rick, thereby making it impossible to be jester or executioner unless they made a code.

Therefore, they practically knew everyone's role at that point, especially when they found out who would of been there mysterious person who they could of not known unless the investigated them, the executioner.

Considering that I think every power role was known at that point, you could of just taken anyone who didn't claim one, a citizen.

Therefore, this is how they knew thought they knew every role in the game, thereby making the consigliere useless.

This is the only scenario I can think of of where they would of used there consigliere to go on mafia. Therefore, the blackmailer must be
Zero
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Arckas » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:28 am

By the way, I am not going to be online tomorrow. So I am going to /vote Greapr because he is the best option at the moment.
The one thing I don't want happening is that we suddenly have a mass surge of votes going one way at the drop of a hat. Please realize that if we lynch a townie because we think he is the blackmailer, we not only lose a town vote, but another town vote because of the blackmailer.
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Sturps » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:15 am

Well, I'm not going to be online when the fun happens as I'll be asleep.
But for now:

/unvote
/vote Grepar

#POSSIBILITIES PTSD Survivor.
Please wow with caution and at your own risk.
May or may not be insane.
Batteries not included.

Highest Overwatch SR: 3975 (S5)

Spoiler: ~~~ thE poSsIbiliTies aRe coMpLex ~~~
Sturps
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Metrion » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:00 am

So Rick now believes I'm the Godfather. Oh and he stills wants to lynch me for some reason. :(

I'd really like an answer there Rick, to my whisper.
Metrion
FM Awards: Creator
FM Awards: Creator

Postby Nellyfox » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:55 am

Was expecting more to go on, personally.
I'm still willing to believe Andira is arsonist and Zero is citizen. But if anyone is going to be lynched today, it's going to be either Sturps or Andira. Trying to find and lynch the blackmailer at this point seems unlikely so it's safer to go for more confirmed evils. I'm leaning more towards the framer now, if we want Santa to be useful and help us find the blackmailer.
I'm also willing to believe Blue is blackmailer but I have no evidence for that.
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby Rickdaily12 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:04 am

Nelly, Metrion is the Godfather. He told us that the Framer is next to promote. I want to believe this is a lie, but I don't mind if it isn't. Either way, it makes a Sturps lynch pointless. If we lynch Metrion, either Sturps promotes to Mafioso and the Sheriff's power is restored a little, or the Blackmailer promotes instead and the Town's vote is restored a bit. I wouldn't mind either one happening. A Godfather without a Mafioso is a problem Godfather for this exact reason, if you ask me. :P

But yeah. I think I'm sticking to a Metrion vote instead of Sturps.

Metrion, I can't answer back in a whisper. Nelly, you still have one incoming.

I don't know fully to your first question, and I don't want you to know every little thing I'm thinking. I don't.want your help in sorting things out either. I'll do this my own way in a way that makes me comfortable.

To your second question, I don't know. Don't ask me right now. The next day hasn't started. So I'm not with the Mafia, nor am I with the Arsonist, nor the Town. I just want to make the conflict tomorrow to exist three ways, and screw all the deceptive carp your Mafia has caused us.

Rickdaily12

Postby Nellyfox » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:10 am

There is a reason I'm hesitant to vote Metrion and I'm not sure if I should say it.
If the promotions are randomized, you have to remember consigliere can get promoted. Which would be good for nobody.
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby Rickdaily12 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:14 am

Go ahead and say it. Do you doubt he's Godfather? Do you think he's Arsonist instead? If so, why?

Also, I PRE-randomize Promotions, and the Mafia WILL know who promotes when before we do. It's just that I don't want a consistent "Framer always before Consig" kind of mentality in the Town. This being said... I'm waiting to at least believe that Consigliere isn't the next to promote. Why not just tell us Blackmailer was next, in that case?

Rickdaily12

Postby Rickdaily12 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:15 am

Also, I PRE-randomize Promotions, and the Mafia WILL know who promotes when before we do. It's just that I don't want a consistent "Framer always before Consig" kind of mentality in the Town. This being said... I'm willing to at least believe that Consigliere isn't the next to promote. Why not just tell us Blackmailer was next, in that case?

My shitty phone aside...

Rickdaily12

Postby Nellyfox » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:19 am

I actually whispered you the reason earlier. Mafia did make their actions under the assumption arsonist would ignite last night, which brings me to believing Sturps is being honest about protecting the arsonist and having their name in the death note.
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby Rickdaily12 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:23 am

That second bit you whispered me... Do you think Metrion is trying to bait us?

Because no one thought what he was saying until only recently. Anyway, I only have one whisper from you. Is it the first bit of it, or the second bit, that you don't want to lynch the Godfather?

Rickdaily12

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads