Game IV-B (Herps, Derps and Fails - Full Time! Mafia Win!)

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Who should have won?

Town
10%
Mafia
10%
Neutrals
24%
Draw, Everybody Loses!
57%

Total votes : 21

Re: Game IV-B (Day 4 - Damn it Rick!)

Postby Doobledore » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:18 am

Rickdaily12 wrote:Doobledore, I'm sorry. I'm not taking that risk. I know the loneliness that comes with being Neutral, and it's hard enough to win when it feels like everyone else is against you.

I'm completely acting as Nelly's benefactor here. If that many mafia survive and you lose Majority, he will have to join the Mafia, and to stop them from killing their part of gallows control, I'll be coerced to help Mafia as well.

That being said, I'm pretty darn sure by now that Metrion is the Blackmailer. That should help Town regain a bit of ground, but it wouldn't be nearly as strong as stopping the Arsonist from ignition. But then you add the NK-Mafia complication in the conflict, and Town should still have a chance by then.

Ok, so let's lynch the arsonist and let Nelly choose the mafia's side ;o

Also, I would like to point out there is an anonymous voter voting Andirafanan. Current votes are:

Andirafanan - Doobledore, Metrion
Metrion - RickDaily12
Doobledore
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby Rickdaily12 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:25 am

Let's walk this through step by step.

If Arsonist ignites tonight, the Mayor, Investigator, and Spy die. If I'm right about Metrion, the trade off is:

Sheriff
Doctor
Veteran
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Executioner
Survivor
Godfather
Consigliere (known by me)
Framer (known)
Arsonist

If one of the above players die, it's because TheCow failed to target the right person on Mafia's part. However, Town will continue to hold a voting power of 6, so Mafia cannot focus on Nelly, because there is too many Town they need to kill.

But Arsonist will need to start dousing Mafia, or else they get voted by me and Nelly with the Mafia. What I'm trying to say, Dooble, is that there is a SMALL, but hopeful chance of Town pulling through here.

As opposed to an impossible chance of recovery if you just kick out the Arsonist without then cleaning up your mess of 4 still living Mafia. Your call.
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Looking for guides? :D

Check out the LGBTAI+ Thread!

Rickdaily12
FM Awards: Town

Postby Sturps » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:27 am

Well this is an interesting turn of events.

#POSSIBILITIES PTSD Survivor.
Please wow with caution and at your own risk.
May or may not be insane.
Batteries not included.

Highest Overwatch SR: 3975 (S5)

Spoiler: ~~~ thE poSsIbiliTies aRe coMpLex ~~~
Sturps
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Doobledore » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:29 am

Rickdaily12 wrote:Let's walk this through step by step.

If Arsonist ignites tonight, the Mayor, Investigator, and Spy die. If I'm right about Metrion, the trade off is:

Sheriff
Doctor
Veteran
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Executioner
Survivor
Godfather
Framer (known)
Arsonist

If one of the above players die, it's because TheCow failed to target the right person on Mafia's part. However, Town will continue to hold a voting power of 6, so Mafia cannot focus on Nelly, because there is too many Town they need to kill.

But Arsonist will need to start dousing Mafia, or else they get voted by me and Nelly with the Mafia. What I'm trying to say, Dooble, is that there is a SMALL, but hopeful chance of Town pulling through here.

As opposed to an impossible chance of recovery if you just kick out the Arsonist without then cleaning up your mess of 4 still living Mafia. Your call.

Oh rikk... y u gotta make me decide...

/unvote I'm going to sleep. I will read the posts in the morning(more like noon), and then decide who to lynch. After all, I'm taking the word of a Neutral Evil.
Doobledore
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby BlueTheGirl » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:41 am

Rickdaily12 wrote:Let's walk this through step by step.

Sheriff
Doctor
Veteran
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Executioner
Survivor
Godfather
Framer (known)
Arsonist

And if we vote arsonist today....

Mayor
Investigator
Spy
Sheriff
Doctor
Veteran
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Executioner
Survivor
Godfather
Consigliere
Framer
Blackmailer

Lets say that mafia kill the mayor and blackmail the investigator again, we are still one vote ahead of if we killed the blackmailer (7 to be precise). Hopefully at this point the sheriff checked me and the investigator checked the other suspect for godfather. Even if the neutrals did vote with the mafia, town would have enough votes to vote up one of the members of the mafia (which im not a part of btw, just so you know). At this point we know the entire mafia so we vote the blackmailer. They can only remove one of our votes each turn so unless there is a MASSIVE screw up we win, right? ~ written on my phone so ignore the spelling mistakes.
BlueTheGirl
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Metrion » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:59 am

Rickdaily12 wrote:Doobledore, I'm sorry. I'm not taking that risk. I know the loneliness that comes with being Neutral, and it's hard enough to win when it feels like everyone else is against you.

I'm completely acting as Nelly's benefactor here. If that many mafia survive and you lose Majority, he will have to join the Mafia, and to stop them from killing their part of gallows control, I'll be coerced to help Mafia as well.

That being said, I'm pretty darn sure by now that Metrion is the Blackmailer. That should help Town regain a bit of ground, but it wouldn't be nearly as strong as stopping the Arsonist from ignition. But then you add the NK-Mafia complication in the conflict, and Town should still have a chance by then.

Rick, do you honestly believe that we would attack either you or Nelly? Seems far fetched to me. We've been nothing but kind to the Neutrals.

Oh, and by the way I am not the Blackmailer. Try again, thought you would have known.
Metrion
FM Awards: Creator

Postby grepar » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:59 am

Hell Yeah, I am Evil :evil:

But my evil nature is neutral. :lol:

I thought you will see all of my efforts in lynching the target, :D

That was the only way i thought of to win my game.

And I won!

Still, I am ready to face the consequetions, :D

sorry for bad englando
Made by Deawyn
grepar
[Forum Mafia II] Winner
[Forum Mafia II] Winner

Postby andirafanan » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:35 am

Wait, so now this is turning into a game where the mafias say their exact role?
Gonna post a statistic later. Gotta read all of this again. I don't even use a paper to list down notes -_-
And just si you know guys I believe I forgot to whisper Doobleq my role, though for you all know it is CITIZEN.
For even the demons acknowledge God as the Lord of All...

Christianity is not about stopping our normal ways, but is the start of doing extraordinary things.

"Changing the world starting from changing one's self."

Andi (Rafanan) MALE
andirafanan
Lookout
Lookout

Postby andirafanan » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:44 am

Or... Maybe the statistics will have to wait. I got to sleep now... Zzzzz
For even the demons acknowledge God as the Lord of All...

Christianity is not about stopping our normal ways, but is the start of doing extraordinary things.

"Changing the world starting from changing one's self."

Andi (Rafanan) MALE
andirafanan
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Arckas » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:26 am

I wake up.
Its funny how mafia and neutrals are helping more the mayor more than the actual town members. I'll try to help out more. Citizen really sucks though.

The way I see it, if Andi is the arsonist, then we pretty much have won. If he's not, then we have to hope for Nelly and Rick to actually vote.

I am going to say that, Yes, do take the risk, but if were wrong then we are almost certainly going to lose.
So do you really think the mafia outed out the Arsonist?

I am also going to now just assume that Metrion is NOT the arsonist, and that Greapr is NOT the any executioner considering he didn't do crap to try to lynch Pie, as far as I have seen.
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Rickdaily12 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:27 am

Yes, we will probably be joining Mafia if you vote down Arsonist today. If we joined Town, Primorix, I don't want Nelly dying a spiteful death. It CAN happen, and they have four nights to make it happen.

Vote a Mafia today and let him ignite, and I won't be doing this. The game actually becomes a hell of a lot more interesting than basic gallow rundowns.

Are we voting Metrion or not?
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Rickdaily12

Postby Metrion » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:33 am

[quote="Rickdaily12"]Yes, we will probably be joining Mafia if you vote down Arsonist today. If we joined Town, Primorix, I don't want Nelly dying a spiteful death. It CAN happen, and they have four nights to make it happen.

Vote a Mafia today and let him ignite, and I won't be doing this. The game actually becomes a hell of a lot more interesting than basic gallow rundowns.

Are we voting Metrion or not?[/quote]
If we'd kill anyone out of spite it would be Primorix. :|

I'm not that petty to take away someone's win like that.
Metrion

Postby TheCow » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:37 am

Rickdaily12 wrote:Yes, we will probably be joining Mafia if you vote down Arsonist today. If we joined Town, Primorix, I don't want Nelly dying a spiteful death. It CAN happen, and they have four nights to make it happen.

Are we voting Metrion or not?

You seem to be having a lot of fun here.
TheCow
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby Rickdaily12 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:38 am

You might not be, Metrion, but I can't say the same for whoever lives on without you. Not every mafia operates the same, least of all when they are screwed in the end with nothing to do about it. (Ahri doing what she did has left me extremely paranoid).

Anyway, it's in your interest that we vote the Arsonist today, so here's a question for you:

What happens today if we kill Mafia instead?

Think I'm going to have to agree with Sturps that I'm far more in favor of confusion based games. :)

Rickdaily12

Postby Rickdaily12 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:43 am

Primorix wrote:so explain how the game isn't still a kingmaker scenario if we lynch mafia. because the way I see it now, you decide who wins no matter what we do and you may as well make that choice now and save us all some time. i may well be overlooking something, but my point right now is that the result is "rick decided that x faction wins" regardless of who gets lynched.

The difference is, and you're free to believe me or not, that I WANT the Arsonist to kill that many Town before I pick a side. I wanted the Arsonist to burn everyone because the results produced would have made this an interesting tug of war where our votes mattered each day. I wouldn't be able to tell you who I'd want to win by that point. I'd have to see the night.

But if it's just Mafia and Town after this, then I have to say it. The game becomes boring, but if Mafia survived everything they did, and while Nelly can't be protected every night to join Town, I have TWO good reasons to join the Mafia.

If you don't believe that I could end up joining Town after Arsonist ignites, that's for you to decide.

Rickdaily12

Postby Arckas » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:44 am

Sturps wrote:Arckas, I'm honestly surprised you didn't pick the code up, considering you were the one who created it; I would have been outed as a Mafia long ago. That's why I began attacking you on Day 3, to drive your attention to me instead, because when I saw you take that replacement, I panicked. You were the LAST person I'd hope for in this game. :p

First off, Sturps
Spoiler: Image

Second of all, I did a cursory glance at this, and the person that seems to be using this code, is Grepr himself.
I'll need to look at his hand typing a little bit more, but Greapr should be considered mafia at this point.
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Metrion » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:46 am

Rickdaily12 wrote:You might not be, Metrion, but I can't say the same for whoever lives on without you. Not every mafia operates the same, least of all when they are screwed in the end with nothing to do about it. (Ahri doing what she did has left me extremely paranoid).

Anyway, it's in your interest that we vote the Arsonist today, so here's a question for you:

What happens today if we kill Mafia instead?

Think I'm going to have to agree with Sturps that I'm far more in favor of confusion based games. :)

Then leave me to the end, if you trust my morals. Surely by the time you lynch the others you'll have found them.

If you lynch Mafia today the Arso will ignite and who knows who you'll choose to win. Town will be in a worse postion however.
Metrion

Postby Rickdaily12 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:47 am

Grepar is not the Consigliere. It's Zero. He said something to the effect of:

Oh wow I expected to see 10,353 posts by the time I woke up.

This was one of his first posts after we discovered that I was investigated by Consigliere. Pretty exact number, isn't it? Notice how if you skip the 0, you get 13 after, or still if you take the 3 on the end.

And my player number is 13. There is no elaborate code to be had with the Consig here. Sturps is bluffing.

Rickdaily12

Postby Metrion » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:49 am

Rickdaily12 wrote:Grepar is not the Consigliere. It's Zero. He said something to the effect of:

Oh wow I expected to see 10,353 posts by the time I woke up.

This was one of his first posts after we discovered that I was investigated by Consigliere. Pretty exact number, isn't it? Notice how if you skip the 0, you get 13 after, or still if you take the 3 on the end.

And my player number is 13. There is no elaborate code to be had with the Consig here. Sturps is bluffing.

Then what about the other days? XD

Zero also would have checked himself last night.

Grepar is our Consigliere, Rick.
Metrion

Postby Rickdaily12 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:53 am

I'm not as sure why you had Andi and Sturps harassed by Mafia on the first few nights. I doubt it was because you figured a Spy would reveal that on Day 2.

Either way, to have that posted immediately after we discovered my investigation leaves me a bit suspicious of Zero. Why precisely 10,353, and how come it seems to line up with my player number in regard to a list, if.we take a cryptic stance on what he said?

I'm not fully willing to believe what you say, Metrion.

Rickdaily12

Postby Rickdaily12 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:58 am

Well Primorix... I can't give you one. That ship sailed with Pie's head yesterday.

Anyway, if seems that Nelly is on now. I kinda want to see what he has to say here.

Rickdaily12

Postby Metrion » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:02 am

Rickdaily12 wrote:I'm not as sure why you had Andi and Sturps harassed by Mafia on the first few nights. I doubt it was because you figured a Spy would reveal that on Day 2.

Either way, to have that posted immediately after we discovered my investigation leaves me a bit suspicious of Zero. Why precisely 10,353, and how come it seems to line up with my player number in regard to a list, if.we take a cryptic stance on what he said?

I'm not fully willing to believe what you say, Metrion.

It's a test game for these roles and we have a Blackmailer, I figured it was more than likely that town had a Spy to match. Also LoF said this was going to be an "Interesting Game". I read between the lines a little. We were only sacrificing one night action on Sturps and it did pay off for a while. We used Sturps purely for the fact that they visited Andirafanan again to make it seem like they were framed twice, which as you can read I wanted Town to believe that.

Different way to use the Framer with a Spy. It wasn't a total failure.

Another problem with him being Consig is what did he reveal all the other days?
Metrion

Postby Rickdaily12 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:06 am

I... Found it possible to think that Zero either had a different code for Day 2 entirely, or just didn't bother telling you on Day 2, at which point you gave him crap for it. :|

Hey Metrion, is there a reason you keep being overly in my face here? I'm pretty sure I'm on the right track here about Zero. Even if I'm dead wrong, the Mafia could be using this. I have to think that you're STILL lying to me, or you are throwing the match when you should probably stop.

I'm still lynching Metrion unless Nelly says otherwise.

Rickdaily12

Postby Metrion » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:12 am

Rickdaily12 wrote:I... Found it possible to think that Zero either had a different code for Day 2 entirely, or just didn't bother telling you on Day 2, at which point you gave him crap for it. :|

Hey Metrion, is there a reason you keep being overly in my face here? I'm pretty sure I'm on the right track here about Zero. Even if I'm dead wrong, the Mafia could be using this. I have to think that you're STILL lying to me, or you are throwing the match when you should probably stop.

I'm still lynching Metrion unless Nelly says otherwise.

:cry:

Nelly, please help me. I don't wann die.

I'm sorry if I appear to be in your face, I just think it's weird how dead wrong you are for once. Also I don't want you making conclusions off my posts once I'm gone, again(swear people only do that when I am evil). :|
Metrion

Postby Metrion » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:16 am

Why me out of the three anyway? Do you even know my role?

Just wondering since that whisper I sent ages ago isn't here yet.
Metrion

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads