CFM17 | Blacklist FM | Over for Good

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: CFM17 | Blacklist FM | Day 1 [*Sigh*]

Postby ryanyb » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:59 pm

Current vote count
With 28 alive, it takes 15 to lynch (or 15 to no-lynch), or plurality kicks in at end of day

Milte(1): PokemonKidRyan
Cow(1): notCalm
JammySplodge(2): SirCakez, Elastoid
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby LordofFail » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:03 pm

Xanet734 wrote:
LordofFail wrote:/unvote

If you couldn't tell by the vote count, I'm a double voter. And a non-hidden double voter at that, meaning that my votes always show up as two in vote counts.

Why have a double voter if everyone knows that they have a double vote?

[whatsthepoint.truegent]

It's still two vote I guess.

With so many people though it isnt that useful given that if someone is at L-1 they are probably going to be lynched regardless of whether someone in the wagon is DV or not.

It would become more useful in the endgame when only 5-6 or less votes are needed, but for the moment its really not that useful.

Also my role card doesn't specify whether I have a Town or a Neutral wincon. All I know is that I must see to it that the Mafia lose.
"The Hardest Game to Win is a Won Game"

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby Thukk0 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:04 pm

Oh they joys of having a game start during work. Oh well, I'm ready for the insanity.
I prefer to be called Thukko. I usually play Ranked Practice with the name, Manly McMan.

Forum Mafia Record: 3 - 3 Spoiler: NFM 15 - Veteran - Win
NFM 18 - Framer - Win
Dark Assembly - Senator Bushwhacker - Got killed before real game began.
CFM17 - Nellyfox - Replaced out D1
SFM20- MirrorrorriM - Loss
TFM27 - Role Cop - Flawless Victory
TFM29 - Cop - Loss
SFM22 - Parity Cop - Loss
Thukk0
Witch
Witch

Postby SirCakez » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:05 pm

Double votes have uses
For example, hammering when you have people like Jammy who unvote at L-1 at deadline

Gobln wrote:FurCakez isn't so great? Are you kidding? When was the last time you saw a player with such an ability in Forum Mafia? Cakez takes the game in another level, and we will be blessed if we ever see a player with his skill and passion for the game again. gobln breaks records. FurCakez breaks the rules.
SirCakez
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner

Postby K1llthestory » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:06 pm

Spoiler:
Elastoid wrote:/vote milte

The last time Elastoid wanted to policy lynch Milte we were in Discord Voice Mafia, and he was mafia. While I assume this is joking, at least somewhat, (someone correct me if I'm wrong) it strikes me as wrong and awkward. Elastoid leans towards policy lynches whenever he's scum, and it's a noticeable scumtell I pick up. Scum want policy lynches because it gets rid of scum faster. While I'm not sure if that applies here, Elastoid's jumping more up my scum list rather than my town list.

TheCow wrote:So we can now all agree that I'm confirmed town.

PROTECT ME BOIS, SCUMGETS ON THEIR WAY

Gut reading Cow as town because of how natural he came out. Scum Cow tends to be a lot more serious coming out early, at least from what I remember playing with Cow, but I'll keep my eye on him.
notCalmYT wrote:Important question: can we lynch d1?

More important question: why isn't TheCow to 14 votes yet?

Why are you pushing Cow? That makes no sense to me. Are you looking at his content rather than his tone? Because while his content is lacking, his tone feels confident and free, much like I'd expect town Cow to feel. If he had come off as serious initially, then I'd be worried. The fact that your pushing Cow for his content rather than how how he feels to you is weird seeing as that's the only way you can read Cow.

TheCow wrote:Xanet, are you aware that there is a literal spoon extending from your bottom side?

Fresh meme dude.

Elastoid wrote:K so I voted milte cause it's plurality lynch. Might as well get an early vote down just in case.

Also if Cow is James2 then why hasn't he claimed a TK role yet?

This strikes me as weird, but it's also explainable. Elastoid's a smart guy, and he can push a mislynch with logic easily. Of course he'd be able to push a policy lynch day 1, and it'd be perfectly acceptable because policy lynches on this site are optimal. However, as I said, I've seen it's a scumtell to offer up policy lynches early on, and I've personally seen it with Elastoid. However, on the other hand, HE IS RIGHT. That's the problem. Policy lynching one of these people he's listed is the right choice to make in the event of not having anyone else to lynch.

There it is though. He hasn't scumhunted for anyone else to lynch. He pulled the policy lynch hand without first scumhunting, and that's the scummiest thing you can do Day 1, especially with Elastoid being as smart as he is. Therefore, Elastoid is scum.

Elastoid wrote:
notCalmYT wrote:
Elastoid wrote:

We DO have a d1 lynch.

Why do you think it should be TheCow?

Refer to 9F for memes and votes on TheCow

We have a D1 lynch and you're meming?

Meming is a very natural state that many town pick up because they don't feel uncomfortable in such a setting. The fact that you aren't and are very serious early on also suggests your scum Elastoid.

Elastoid wrote:K if we're forced to D1 lynch (and we are because plurality) we should be talking about a D1 policy lynch. We'll either lynch a weak link, or someone will act scummy through our discussion and we'll have a lynch we're more confident in.

First question: Is it better to lynch an unknown, or someone who is known to be bad?

No, we should be scumhunting first before policy lynching. I would totally accept the ideal of policy lynching later on in Day 1 after the appropriate amount of scumhunting has taken place.

quote="notCalmYT"]btw I just made a long-ass post on how useless day 1 is in FM discussion and now I know everyone will think I'm some kind of douche.

If you do think so: you're right.

That's why Elastoid is teasing me. I already like him. A lot. :roll:

vote theclown

@Elastoid what about you?[/quote]
You need to focus on the game and stop being so butthurt. Scumhunt. Day 1 is as important as any other day, and I'm about to prove that by catching Elastoid as scum. You, on the other hand, are shitting around in my castle, lad, and you need to stop. This is my domain, and you will not plunder it with your words of treason. Are we understood? I could have you hung on the gallows for your treachery, boy. Watch yourself.

Elastoid wrote:
notCalmYT wrote:btw I just made a long-ass post on how useless day 1 is in FM discussion and now I know everyone will think I'm some kind of douche.

vote theclown

@Elastoid what about you?

I would be a genuinely good policy lynch, because I've shown that people townread me when I'm scum.

That said, in this instance I'm 80% sure I'm town (this game is bastard) so in this specific instance I'd rather PL someone who's more difficult to read because they're bad. Reason being: Town!Elastoid is more beneficial to town than Town!PersianRugs. Both would be difficult to read, but lynching a PersianRugs type carries less risk, because he's not going to positively contribute either way.

This post strikes me the wrong way. Of course, it's logically sound, but my gut says this is scum. He's using self meta to appeal to others by agreeing with them, but also providing alternatives. I hate that so much.

SirCakez wrote:/vote Jammy
Better PL then Milte imo

You jumped on the PL wagon rather quickly.

SirCakez wrote:Lynch Kill for freelo?
P-edit: I prefer Jammy to Hiphop. Hip can be good sometimes, Jammy just literally never tries.

Post strikes me as bad as well. Misrepping Jammy to make it seem like it's an appropriate lynch

SirCakez wrote:No nolynching
PL is the way to go unless something better turns up

Why haven't you attempted to turn something better up?

Elastoid wrote:KK time for a couple memesy hardclaims before bed:

1) I hardclaim gobln. My ability is to replace out of good games in favor of NFM, but go around talking about my former glory as if it gains any respect.
2) I hardclaim Deleter. If my tulpas are lynched, I die with them.
3) I hardclaim Blinzer. If I die, I become a stump who can be salty afterward, telling everyone they're shitters and that the whole game is bullshit.
4) I hardclaim Cow. Day 2 I am a Jester. Every other day I am Insane Daycop.

P-Edit: Yeah, Jammy, you said Alex was GF because the alternative was YOU being GF, and you were the ONLY ONE besides Alex who knew you weren't the GF, because you spent the whole game ACTING like mafia.

Ugh fuck this shit /vote JammySplodge

That's right, a P-edit vote.

This is a forced post.

LordofFail wrote:Well, I'm here.

With all this discussion of quicktopics and other mechanics, I can safely say that I drew the short straw with my role. Although the flavour is hilariously ironic.

/vote TheCow

I dont want any of your shit this game, Cow.

I prefer Cow over your playstyle. No offense, but by all means considered, you are not the brightest crayon in the box. Cow, on the other hand, is. I can see he's town this game, and I can't say the same with you just yet.
Last edited by ObiWan on Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spoilered
Flow 2018 - Heroes only.

what are the 7 words to say?
K1llthestory
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby K1llthestory » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:06 pm

I'm going to say that Elastoid is a perfectly valid vote at the moment.
/vote Elastoid

Also, a dayvig on Cakez is valid as well.
/dayvig Cakez

Two scum in a single post. I'm amazing
Flow 2018 - Heroes only.

K1llthestory
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby K1llthestory » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:08 pm

Spoiler:
K1llthestory wrote:
Elastoid wrote:/vote milte

The last time Elastoid wanted to policy lynch Milte we were in Discord Voice Mafia, and he was mafia. While I assume this is joking, at least somewhat, (someone correct me if I'm wrong) it strikes me as wrong and awkward. Elastoid leans towards policy lynches whenever he's scum, and it's a noticeable scumtell I pick up. Scum want policy lynches because it gets rid of scum faster. While I'm not sure if that applies here, Elastoid's jumping more up my scum list rather than my town list.

TheCow wrote:So we can now all agree that I'm confirmed town.

PROTECT ME BOIS, SCUMGETS ON THEIR WAY

Gut reading Cow as town because of how natural he came out. Scum Cow tends to be a lot more serious coming out early, at least from what I remember playing with Cow, but I'll keep my eye on him.

Why are you pushing Cow? That makes no sense to me. Are you looking at his content rather than his tone? Because while his content is lacking, his tone feels confident and free, much like I'd expect town Cow to feel. If he had come off as serious initially, then I'd be worried. The fact that your pushing Cow for his content rather than how how he feels to you is weird seeing as that's the only way you can read Cow.

TheCow wrote:Xanet, are you aware that there is a literal spoon extending from your bottom side?

Fresh meme dude.

Elastoid wrote:K so I voted milte cause it's plurality lynch. Might as well get an early vote down just in case.

Also if Cow is James2 then why hasn't he claimed a TK role yet?

This strikes me as weird, but it's also explainable. Elastoid's a smart guy, and he can push a mislynch with logic easily. Of course he'd be able to push a policy lynch day 1, and it'd be perfectly acceptable because policy lynches on this site are optimal. However, as I said, I've seen it's a scumtell to offer up policy lynches early on, and I've personally seen it with Elastoid. However, on the other hand, HE IS RIGHT. That's the problem. Policy lynching one of these people he's listed is the right choice to make in the event of not having anyone else to lynch.

There it is though. He hasn't scumhunted for anyone else to lynch. He pulled the policy lynch hand without first scumhunting, and that's the scummiest thing you can do Day 1, especially with Elastoid being as smart as he is. Therefore, Elastoid is scum.

Elastoid wrote:
notCalmYT wrote:
Elastoid wrote:

We DO have a d1 lynch.

Why do you think it should be TheCow?

Refer to 9F for memes and votes on TheCow

We have a D1 lynch and you're meming?

Meming is a very natural state that many town pick up because they don't feel uncomfortable in such a setting. The fact that you aren't and are very serious early on also suggests your scum Elastoid.

Elastoid wrote:K if we're forced to D1 lynch (and we are because plurality) we should be talking about a D1 policy lynch. We'll either lynch a weak link, or someone will act scummy through our discussion and we'll have a lynch we're more confident in.

First question: Is it better to lynch an unknown, or someone who is known to be bad?

No, we should be scumhunting first before policy lynching. I would totally accept the ideal of policy lynching later on in Day 1 after the appropriate amount of scumhunting has taken place.

notCalmYT wrote:btw I just made a long-ass post on how useless day 1 is in FM discussion and now I know everyone will think I'm some kind of douche.

vote theclown

You need to focus on the game and stop being so butthurt. Scumhunt. Day 1 is as important as any other day, and I'm about to prove that by catching Elastoid as scum. You, on the other hand, are shitting around in my castle, lad, and you need to stop. This is my domain, and you will not plunder it with your words of treason. Are we understood? I could have you hung on the gallows for your treachery, boy. Watch yourself.

Elastoid wrote:

vote theclown

I would be a genuinely good policy lynch, because I've shown that people townread me when I'm scum.

That said, in this instance I'm 80% sure I'm town (this game is bastard) so in this specific instance I'd rather PL someone who's more difficult to read because they're bad. Reason being: Town!Elastoid is more beneficial to town than Town!PersianRugs. Both would be difficult to read, but lynching a PersianRugs type carries less risk, because he's not going to positively contribute either way.

This post strikes me the wrong way. Of course, it's logically sound, but my gut says this is scum. He's using self meta to appeal to others by agreeing with them, but also providing alternatives. I hate that so much.

SirCakez wrote:/vote Jammy
Better PL then Milte imo

You jumped on the PL wagon rather quickly.

SirCakez wrote:Lynch Kill for freelo?
P-edit: I prefer Jammy to Hiphop. Hip can be good sometimes, Jammy just literally never tries.

Post strikes me as bad as well. Misrepping Jammy to make it seem like it's an appropriate lynch

SirCakez wrote:No nolynching
PL is the way to go unless something better turns up

Why haven't you attempted to turn something better up?

Elastoid wrote:KK time for a couple memesy hardclaims before bed:

1) I hardclaim gobln. My ability is to replace out of good games in favor of NFM, but go around talking about my former glory as if it gains any respect.
2) I hardclaim Deleter. If my tulpas are lynched, I die with them.
3) I hardclaim Blinzer. If I die, I become a stump who can be salty afterward, telling everyone they're shitters and that the whole game is bullshit.
4) I hardclaim Cow. Day 2 I am a Jester. Every other day I am Insane Daycop.

P-Edit: Yeah, Jammy, you said Alex was GF because the alternative was YOU being GF, and you were the ONLY ONE besides Alex who knew you weren't the GF, because you spent the whole game ACTING like mafia.

Ugh fuck this shit /vote JammySplodge

That's right, a P-edit vote.

This is a forced post.

LordofFail wrote:Well, I'm here.

With all this discussion of quicktopics and other mechanics, I can safely say that I drew the short straw with my role. Although the flavour is hilariously ironic.

/vote TheCow

I dont want any of your shit this game, Cow.

I prefer Cow over your playstyle. No offense, but by all means considered, you are not the brightest crayon in the box. Cow, on the other hand, is. I can see he's town this game, and I can't say the same with you just yet.
Fixed lads
Flow 2018 - Heroes only.

K1llthestory
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby SirCakez » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:08 pm

Kill is scum
He doesn't try that hard as town

Gobln wrote:FurCakez isn't so great? Are you kidding? When was the last time you saw a player with such an ability in Forum Mafia? Cakez takes the game in another level, and we will be blessed if we ever see a player with his skill and passion for the game again. gobln breaks records. FurCakez breaks the rules.
SirCakez
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner

Postby SirCakez » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:08 pm

/unvote
/vote Kill

Ty for providing something better yourself Kill

SirCakez
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner

Postby K1llthestory » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:09 pm

SirCakez wrote:Kill is scum
He doesn't try that hard as town

Meta doesn't work on me. You should know this seeing as no one on MS can successfully read me in the slightest, disregarding Ranger. You can't either, and it's been stated by multiple people my playstyle on MS is unreadable since I play like I don't care which I don't.
Flow 2018 - Heroes only.

K1llthestory
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby ryanyb » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:09 pm

Current vote count
With 28 alive, it takes 15 to lynch (or 15 to no-lynch), or plurality kicks in at end of day

Milte(1): PokemonKidRyan
Cow(1): notCalm
JammySplodge(1):Elastoid
Elastoid(1): K1llTheStory
K1llTheStory(1): SirCakez
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby K1llthestory » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:09 pm

SirCakez wrote:/unvote
/vote Kill

Ty for providing something better yourself Kill

Blatant OMGUS. I'm glad I used my Dayvig on you.
Flow 2018 - Heroes only.

K1llthestory
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby SirCakez » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:10 pm

It does work on you tho
P-edit: not really? He basically called the two people pushing PLs scum.

SirCakez
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner

Postby K1llthestory » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:11 pm

Ah shit, Ryan already posted a votecount.

/vote Cakez

Vote with me if you aren't scum. This has proved to be a very good lynch. He jumped on the wagon of policy lynching, discussed a lot of targets AFTER EXPRESSING CONCERN ON MS ABOUT POLICY LYNCHING which was not exhibited here, and then votes me when I call him out on it. Clearly scum
Flow 2018 - Heroes only.

K1llthestory
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby SirCakez » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:11 pm

And your dayvig is fake lol, Ryan just posted
MS =/= FM child

SirCakez
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner

Postby K1llthestory » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:11 pm

SirCakez wrote:It does work on you tho

Yes. Pushing PLs is scummy, but I also made my case on separate posts about different concepts. Misrepping my case is not the best play to weasel your way out of this lynch, friend.
Flow 2018 - Heroes only.

K1llthestory
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby SirCakez » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:12 pm

Xanet734 wrote:

Maybe not for you, but for Elastoid it made a good bit of sense.

Which parts?

SirCakez
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner

Postby K1llthestory » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:12 pm

SirCakez wrote:And your dayvig is fake lol, Ryan just posted
MS =/= FM child

Blatantly wrong, you were using MS in your argument that when I try I'm scum. The only game I've played on here like this was CFM15 where I was banned before I finished.
Flow 2018 - Heroes only.

K1llthestory
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby K1llthestory » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:12 pm

Cakez is blatantly scum guys. If you need a case, I can build one. However, I'm confident in my ability to read him, and he's not town here.
Flow 2018 - Heroes only.

K1llthestory
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby SirCakez » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:13 pm

K1llthestory wrote:

Yes. Pushing PLs is scummy, but I also made my case on separate posts about different concepts. Misrepping my case is not the best play to weasel your way out of this lynch, friend.

No it's not lol
P-edit: CFM 15 isn't the only game I'm referring to
And you are terrible at reading me

SirCakez
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner

Postby Elastoid » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:14 pm

LordofFail wrote:
With so many people though it isnt that useful given that if someone is at L-1 they are probably going to be lynched regardless of whether someone in the wagon is DV or not.

It would become more useful in the endgame when only 5-6 or less votes are needed, but for the moment its really not that useful.

Well it's a good thing that you revealed now, then.

LordofFail wrote:Also my role card doesn't specify whether I have a Town or a Neutral wincon. All I know is that I must see to it that the Mafia lose.

Ok so how many scenarios exist in which the mafia lose and town doesn't win?

Also, are they called mafia in the flavor?

P-edit Oh look a Kill wall.

First, the discord mafia is apples and oranges. It was 7-minute days and I couldn't hear half the people. If milte said "I'm legit cop" I would have missed it over someone louder.

Second, I want you to read my post in FM Discussion in the thread called "Day 1." That should explain literally everything.

Third, it's actually very interesting that you chose to analyze so many of my posts, but not the one with the most content. I mean, to summarize your argument, "Elastoid is making a lot of sense with this PL thing but I remember he was scum 2 games out of 3 in Discord and in one of them he wanted to PL milte (after milte voted wrong in lylo). Also, he hasn't scumhunted yet, instead proposing a discussion metric from which we could generate evidence. Therefore he's scum."

Are you deliberately trying to stymie town discussion and focus on the guy who's trying to foster it? Yours is legit the scummiest post thus far.
Elastoid
Veteran
Veteran

Postby K1llthestory » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:14 pm

SirCakez wrote:
K1llthestory wrote:

No it's not lol

No, I'm not. Also, yes, yes it is. You're pushing easy mislynches right off the bat without scumhunting.

And if CFM15 isn't the only game, then your basing your case off MS which you just told me not to. Hypocritical much?
Flow 2018 - Heroes only.

K1llthestory
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby SirCakez » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:15 pm

Did you have anything better then a PL at the time, Xanet?

SirCakez
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner

Postby SirCakez » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:15 pm

K1llthestory wrote:
SirCakez wrote:
K1llthestory wrote:

No it's not lol

No, I'm not. Also, yes, yes it is. You're pushing easy mislynches right off the bat without scumhunting.

And if CFM15 isn't the only game, then your basing your case off MS which you just told me not to. Hypocritical much?

You've played more games here then just CFM 15.....

SirCakez
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner

Postby K1llthestory » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:16 pm

Elastoid wrote:
LordofFail wrote:

Well it's a good thing that you revealed now, then.

LordofFail wrote:Also my role card doesn't specify whether I have a Town or a Neutral wincon. All I know is that I must see to it that the Mafia lose.

Ok so how many scenarios exist in which the mafia lose and town doesn't win?

Also, are they called mafia in the flavor?

P-edit Oh look a Kill wall.

First, the discord mafia is apples and oranges. It was 7-minute days and I couldn't hear half the people. If milte said "I'm legit cop" I would have missed it over someone louder.

Second, I want you to read my post in FM Discussion in the thread called "Day 1." That should explain literally everything.

Third, it's actually very interesting that you chose to analyze so many of my posts, but not the one with the most content. I mean, to summarize your argument, "Elastoid is making a lot of sense with this PL thing but I remember he was scum 2 games out of 3 in Discord and in one of them he wanted to PL milte (after milte voted wrong in lylo). Also, he hasn't scumhunted yet, instead proposing a discussion metric from which we could generate evidence. Therefore he's scum."

Are you deliberately trying to stymie town discussion and focus on the guy who's trying to foster it? Yours is legit the scummiest post thus far.

That's not at all what I stated? I stated that you pushing PLs is something you do as scum, and multiple others do as well. It's a scumtell, and you reacting this way by attempting to discredit my argument because I'm using the last game played with you, a 7 minute game which I will admit, is not the strongest game, as a way to build a case.

And yes, you didn't scumhunt. You resorted to the early case of policy lynches.
Flow 2018 - Heroes only.

K1llthestory
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads