[Newcomer FM] NFM20 | Game Over [Town Wins]

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: [Newcomer FM] NFM20 | Day 1 [Finally]

Postby Zero » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:42 pm

The day will end on Day 1 will end on June 2nd at 12:45PM Mountain Time
Zero
Patron
Patron

Postby Sevohaseth » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:53 pm

murat1996 wrote:A tryhard

I am going to choose to take this as a compliment. Thanks!
FM History Spoiler: NFM20 - Won - Lookout
FM10C - Lost - Marshal
NFM22 - Won - Consort
FM10D - Won - Citizen
SFM20 - Lost - Your Mom
NFM24 - Lost - Citizen
SFM21 - Lost - Tactical Encryptor
CFM18 - Won - Flow Sensor
NFM27 - Lost - Doctor
FM11F - Lost - Enforcer
TFM39 - Won - Titenic
EpiXII - Won - Citizen
Sevohaseth
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby cxl1024 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:57 pm

Moonbird, you're the only one in this game from my first NFM game. Since we never got out mod reviews, what is your take on me?
SURVIVOR SUCKS. Check out Kirize12's rework of survivor:

http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=36848
cxl1024
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby cxl1024 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:00 pm

moonbird wrote:From the NFM game? Being sincere here, didn't read it past when I died. Mel overdosed me with salt.

Here? Lemme glance through your ISO, but nothing's stuck out about you thus far.

I've only posted two things here, 3 if you count this post, so good luck with that.

cxl1024
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby cxl1024 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:06 pm

moonbird wrote:The only thing I could see would be you immediately approaching a figure of authority, if I were to place myself into the dynamic of the town thus far, and immediately asking them their opinion on you is a) self-conscious scum attempting to establish a metable baseline or b) sincere town. It's a note that might be included in future read, but doesn't ping me nearly as much as exploding's two posts.

That's the best way I can put it.

I was just asking since we never got the mod reviews. I was really looking forward to those and it was kind of a let down.

I don't blame you for not wanting to go back and read it. I probably wouldn't either tbh. But, I just thought I'd ask anyhow.

cxl1024
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Zero » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:32 pm

jman1954again wrote:well my tablet is about to die so ill be gone for hours anybody got something to say to me?

Come back soon.
Zero
Patron
Patron

Postby Zero » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:49 pm

moonbird wrote:@zero
moonbird wrote:Do you have any opinions on jman?

i will get back to you on that. it is getting late.
Zero
Patron
Patron

Postby Krazikitteh » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:02 pm

The reason I haven't really posted anything is because
A) I'm focusing on my other game which is at D2 already.
B) FM D1's are always Shitposting. You can't avoid it. It's already out there.
C) I literally have no idea how you read someone when you have nothing to work with.

Once D2 Starts I will be way more active. (Assuming I am still alive that is)
>^-^< Krazikitteh's a bit long, so you can just call me Kitteh. >^-^<

Stalk me on any of the following!
Furry-Paws
Deviantart
Youtube

Spoiler: Forum Mafia
NFM17 - Citizen - Alive - Loss
*Replaced Into*
NFM19 - Citizen - Alive - Loss
NFM20 - Citizen - Alive - Win
Krazikitteh
Survivor
Survivor

Location: In the frozen north of a far away land called Canada.

Postby pumacatrun2 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:47 am

Hey all o7 This standard-like setup should be interesting in an NFM setting :)

Also I already lack faith in anyone who didn't pick up that the VH/vamp claims were joking around.

Also I'm werewolf.

npromin1 wrote:Hi! I'm npromin1!

I have just one request.

Please don't kill me first.

Thanks!

Kills you first ;)

moonbird wrote:
murat1996 wrote:D1 is meant for shitposting, so your point is irrelevant

D1 can generate scumslips, so your point is irrelevant.

Without any shitposting you aren't going to get much discussion at all, so your point is irrelevant.
And 12 pages isn't really that much to catch up on, it's better for newbies to understand what they'll be getting into when they enter non-NFM games - which is shitposting D1.
Just don't overdo it guys, we have a lot more players than usually and theoretically that should be a lot less inactivity.

moonbird wrote:
TheWolfBuddy wrote:I feel like the experienced players are going to become like makeshift mayors that noone really trusts, but doesn't want to distrust.

Thanks for the discredit mate. Avoiding the topic at hand-aren't you interested as to why I see you as scum? Or are you just going to passively doubtcast me?

Cut the newbie some slack, that's a pretty common way of viewing ICs/non-newbies tbf.

Anyway, some questions for the newbies as it seems to be a good starting point usually:
1. Do you have any prior FM-related experience (could be your second/third game, you could have played a lot of ToS, you could have come from another similar game/forum etc. or even just read some previous games to see what you're getting into)?
2. Do you think that with the larger amount of players and even smaller non-newbie/newbie ratio compared to previous NFMs non-newbies will be targeted (both by scum and town) any more or less than before?
3. Are there any roles or game mechanics you are particularly confused about (I suggest reading over the rolelist thread to make sure you aren't confusing how some roles work in ToS)?

Also some tips for the newbies:
1. Don't take the game too seriously. Obviously put effort in, but even if it is your first game and you want to make a decent impression or something, joke around a bit and have fun with it. I personally disagree with the people who are 110% serious about no shitposting, NFM is meant to help introduce newbies to what regular FM can be like, and like I said earlier, if you can't catch up by skimming a few pages of memes and bullshitting then you'll probably struggle when you start play with Cakez or Levya etc. etc.
2. Don't just scumhunt for the sake of scumhunting. I remember in my first game I was quick to want to start compiling a reads list on D1 and got shut down by most of the ICs for it being silly, and although starting to put together some reads early on is very useful, if you're calling someone out for something you don't really believe in just to look like you're doing something, it's not going to work out very well.
3. Don't trust us non-newbies too much. Nor just generally active people. Often people very easily townread people who are active in thread, but any of us can easily be pushing agendas in what we say. That doesn't mean completely distrust us, but be wary either way.

Also can somebody who knows moonbird's meta tell me if they're always this uptight D1? :roll: Feels forced imo, and they're doing the typical scummy "hey what do you think about x" thing without really providing much of an argument themselves.

moonbird wrote:Puma where are you I need someone illogical in my life rn

Hi right here o7
Favoured role: Executioner
Least favoured role: Sheriff
Most commonly known in games as "Cat Burglar".

"If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic."

FM Record: Spoiler: Image
rip my win/loss ratio
pumacatrun2
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby pumacatrun2 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:55 am

also obi your sudden change in colour coding for town in the op is triggering me :cry:

rip my win/loss ratio
pumacatrun2
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby alex1234321 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:17 am

Right now, I see npromin, wolf, and possibly murat as scummy. I think that jman and moonbird are town. Also, the only reason that I am so serious is because this is how I always am- 110% business. I think that we can gather a lot of information today by looking at people's personalities, how much they talk, and how on topic they are.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby NotATraitor123 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:17 am

Okay. I am in, my first FM game.

Hello everyone.
NotATraitor123
Witch
Witch

Postby alex1234321 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:33 am

NotATraitor123 wrote:Okay. I am in, my first FM game.

Hello everyone.

Hello. This is also mu first FM game. What is your take on what is going on? I personally think that npromin and wolf are scum.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby pumacatrun2 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:42 am

alex1234321 wrote:Right now, I see npromin, wolf, and possibly murat as scummy. I think that jman and moonbird are town. Also, the only reason that I am so serious is because this is how I always am- 110% business. I think that we can gather a lot of information today by looking at people's personalities, how much they talk, and how on topic they are.

I still really don't think that's a great mindset to be taking into FM, but up to you. I'll just be staying wary of you anyway though.
Can you actually explain your reads a bit better? A couple of sentences would be fine.

rip my win/loss ratio
pumacatrun2
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby murat1996 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:45 am

moonbird wrote:Cool. I'm kinda intrigued how you get "lost townie" from their ISO--I see parallels to 8G Munch or a declarative townie, one who aims to make their position clear.

Now that I reread his iso, I would say that he was confused at first, then came to his own as a townie.

So I take back the "lost townie" comment, as I was wrong, I clearly thought that originally, but ended up wrong.

But he is still a try hard, kinda
33-40-3 : My FM Record

Hosted: VFM13

My discord is fluffymurat#2318 if you really want it I guess...it's now a legacy name.

My discord is just fluffymurat
murat1996
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby alex1234321 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:51 am

pumacatrun2 wrote:
alex1234321 wrote:Right now, I see npromin, wolf, and possibly murat as scummy. I think that jman and moonbird are town. Also, the only reason that I am so serious is because this is how I always am- 110% business. I think that we can gather a lot of information today by looking at people's personalities, how much they talk, and how on topic they are.

I still really don't think that's a great mindset to be taking into FM, but up to you. I'll just be staying wary of you anyway though.
Can you actually explain your reads a bit better? A couple of sentences would be fine.

Ok. In my notes, it says that Wolf is "Loud and off topic. Suspicious." He/She talks a lot and is trying to steer the conversation away from the actual game. Npromin "acts too much like a Townie to be one". He/She thinks that I am Vet baiting. I will not prove or disprove this because it is way too early to hardclaim. Murat is a "loud know it all with a bad attitude." To me, he/she sounds a bit angry in their posts, and disagrees a lot. I have Moonbird and Jman as Townies because Jman is "Loud and on topic," and Moonbird is "Knowledgeable and loud." They both talk a lot, and both seem to stay on topic pretty well. Moonbird might also be a good 'leader' later on.
#SaveTheTG

alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby alex1234321 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:55 am

Sevohaseth is very inconsistent. I am confused about him/her. He/she might be scum trying to confuse everyone, or just a 'lost Townie' as some other people have said. I have him under moderate suspicion in my notes.
#SaveTheTG

alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby murat1996 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:58 am

My attitude isn't bad :/

And im not angry with my posts either.

And how am I loud? And a know it all?

That is literally random.

pssh, I'm a guy, so go with that

My discord is fluffymurat#2318 if you really want it I guess...it's now a legacy name.

murat1996
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby alex1234321 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:01 am

You are not that loud anymore, but you just keep disagreeing with people. That is just my take on it.
#SaveTheTG

alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby murat1996 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:04 am

alex1234321 wrote:You are not that loud anymore, but you just keep disagreeing with people. That is just my take on it.

What is there to agree on?

Tell me that?

murat1996
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby alex1234321 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:14 am

Look at your ISO, especially at the beginning. You just seem slightly conceited and disagree more than you agree.
#SaveTheTG

alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby murat1996 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:17 am

alex1234321 wrote:Look at your ISO, especially at the beginning. You just seem slightly conceited and disagree more than you agree.

"What is there to agree on?"

murat1996
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby npromin1 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:44 am

As of now, I see jman and moonbird as town because they are always posting, gathering leads, and giving their take on people.

Not sure about alex anymore, or murat or sevo. There's not much to go on quite yet.
npromin1
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Imatreeant » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:24 am

Well... nobody likes to die first
Spoiler: Forum Mafia Games
NFM20 - Citizen - Alive (Town wins)
NFM22 - Serial killer-Lynched D5(mafia wins)
10D - Citizen - Alive - (Town & Jester win)
SFM21 - Shunsune Fujii - Alive - (Shadow Operatives Win)
NFM 26 - Ongoing
EoCFM18 - MC'd D3(event) - ongoing
TFM28 - MC'd D3(screw you varanus) - ongoing
Imatreeant
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Sevohaseth » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:33 am

murat1996 wrote:
moonbird wrote:Cool. I'm kinda intrigued how you get "lost townie" from their ISO--I see parallels to 8G Munch or a declarative townie, one who aims to make their position clear.

Now that I reread his iso, I would say that he was confused at first, then came to his own as a townie.

So I take back the "lost townie" comment, as I was wrong, I clearly thought that originally, but ended up wrong.

But he is still a try hard, kinda

@murat1996 I am curious what you mean by confused or "lost townie". I understand all the other reads on me by people but I'm not sure how I came across as this. Then again, I can never tell when you're just trying to be antagonistic :P

I have some small reads on people that I can throw out if people really want me to but I'd prefer to wait until d2 as I'm at work now and we'll have more info then. I will say that I have seen what appears to be sheeping already which doesn't rub me the right way.
FM History Spoiler: NFM20 - Won - Lookout
FM10C - Lost - Marshal
NFM22 - Won - Consort
FM10D - Won - Citizen
SFM20 - Lost - Your Mom
NFM24 - Lost - Citizen
SFM21 - Lost - Tactical Encryptor
CFM18 - Won - Flow Sensor
NFM27 - Lost - Doctor
FM11F - Lost - Enforcer
TFM39 - Won - Titenic
EpiXII - Won - Citizen