9D (CL) | Nostalgia | Game Over (Town Wins!)

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: 9D (CL) | Nostalgia | Day One (Another Tale)

Postby James2 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:35 pm

FirelightKnight wrote:
James2 wrote:Fire,

As a confirmed town, we can trust the Town Power with our roles and information.

And why do they need that? It's not difficult to lynch people who are acting scummy, we don't need someone to have a bunch of claims. Plus, we shouldn't rely on a confirmed town to carry us anyway. Even with claims and stuff, they can still be wrong. I remember being in a game where a confirmed townie led the town to lose because everyone was just relying on him.

James2 wrote:They need protection because of their value to town. Their value primarily comes from their leadership abilities, which are null if they don't reveal.

We'd have a protected power role who may or may not be able to lead well, meanwhile nobody else in the game is protected. Scum would have fun with that.
And again. Only Marshal can stop them from being roleblocked, so if the town power ends up being Ret they can get Consort blocked very easily. :/

Also, just putting this out there but unless protective rolls Marshal the power role wouldnt be safe from an Arsonist, either.

RockFire wrote:Alouvre is whispering to TiltedConedian and SirkCakez! They have two whispers remaining.

Why Cakez, Alouvre? They haven't even said anything yet.

Sometimes town members can act scummy. Having roles and night actions/results allows the Town Power to decide things more logically.

And I'm sure there's been a game where the TPower has led the town into the ground, but there've also been plenty of games where a leaderless town has driven itself to losing.

I very much doubt an NK would attack a confirmed Town Power. The chance of a lookout is too high.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby alouvre » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:37 pm

A 1 for 1 tradeoff is actually more harmful to scum than it is the town, since they don't start with majority. And, that's only the worst case scenario. Scum is usually scared out of their piss to target confirmed town, so in addition to role protection we also have that sweet WIFOM.

FirelightKnight wrote:Why Cakez, Alouvre? They haven't even said anything yet.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ MEMES ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

anyway since we're literally barfing out the same argument over and over again I'm off
see y'all when something new comes up ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
alouvre
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Tiltedcomedian » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:37 pm

James2 wrote:I very much doubt an NK would attack a confirmed Town Power. The chance of a lookout is too high.

Why only an NK and not a Mafia member?

FoS James.
Tiltedcomedian
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby ElusiveBelle » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:39 pm

Kirize12 wrote:The simple thought of a Lookout is enough to make it suicide to target a Town Power. Any sane mafia wouldn't go for it and neither would a sane NK. It's a catch all defender.

That's taking a serious gamble on having a Lookout/Transporter, one of which can prove their existence but if people want Town Power to reveal the other should definitely not.

Also there is the idea of a witch to keep in mind, which can keep any Town Power with night abilities from being useful unless we have a Marshal.

The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth
ElusiveBelle
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby James2 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:41 pm

Tiltedcomedian wrote:
James2 wrote:I very much doubt an NK would attack a confirmed Town Power. The chance of a lookout is too high.

FoS James.

Because the guy I was replying to specifically mentioned an NK.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby PokemonKidRyan » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:43 pm

Kirize12 wrote:
Tiltedcomedian wrote:

FoS James.

Not to play Devil's Advocate, but I can see where he's coming from. NK's lose upon death whereas Mafia members do not.

Like I said, I still doubt anyone would be high enough to attack a Town Power until the possibility of a Lookout is weakened enough.

Yeah. James somehow is getting some good points across.
If there is a possibility of a Lookout as TI then mafia and NK would both be scared to attack them. Unless they are foolish or very gutsy.
My personality:
Spoiler: Image

My alts were EdwardMidford and TsuchiyaTenaka. I apologise profusely for being bad and hiding behind them. I ask for forgiveness but know that won't be a simple feat. Please stop bringing up my past, as I'm striving towards a new future. I just sometimes struggle to show that I truly want said change.
PokemonKidRyan
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby Tiltedcomedian » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:45 pm

James2 wrote:Because the guy I was replying to specifically mentioned an NK.

Firelight isn't a guy and an NK wasn't the only thing she mentioned.

Kirize12 wrote:Not to play Devil's Advocate, but I can see where he's coming from. NK's lose upon death whereas Mafia members do not.

Like I said, I still doubt anyone would be high enough to attack a Town Power until the possibility of a Lookout is weakened enough.

That's what I was getting at.
Tiltedcomedian
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby PokemonKidRyan » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:54 pm

Kirize12 wrote:Ryan, now that you're here, may I have your opinion on tiltedcomedian? Something about him seems very...off...but I can't quite put my finger on it.

I don't know what I truly think about tilted at the moment.... Something MIGHT bo off
But I can't directly put my finger on it either :(

I suppose as time goes on, we can develop our ideas in greater depth I hope.
My personality:

My alts were EdwardMidford and TsuchiyaTenaka. I apologise profusely for being bad and hiding behind them. I ask for forgiveness but know that won't be a simple feat. Please stop bringing up my past, as I'm striving towards a new future. I just sometimes struggle to show that I truly want said change.
PokemonKidRyan
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby PokemonKidRyan » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:57 pm

I know what it means Kirize.
I have the impression that Tilted is a soloist.

What's your opinion?
My personality:

PokemonKidRyan
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby Tiltedcomedian » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:59 pm

Kirize12 wrote:Tilted, James said that she specifically mentioned an NK. You reply with NK not being the only thing she mentioned - even though James never said that it wasn't. All James said is that she mentioned an NK.

If you agree with me, then why do you FoS James? Sure, he's scummy as fuck, but you're FoSing him for the wrong reasons. Mafia can afford to lose a teammate to take out a Town Power if the situation of the game is right. NK doesn't have a team - if they're going after the Mayor, and a Lookout manages to catch them, it's GG for them.

If the situation of the game is right...which equally James didn't say. If you are going to pin me for overextending my words, at least do the same for him.

Irrespective, as he was bringing up the possibility of the TPower dying N2, I was considering it from that standpoint, where the likelihood of a Lookout would be greatest.
Tiltedcomedian
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby LordofFail » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:59 pm

Hey guys, guess what?

Its Day 1. Lets calm down a bit with the shit flinging and these accusations, shall we? No need for excess salt to be seeping in here...
"The Hardest Game to Win is a Won Game"

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby Tiltedcomedian » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:01 pm

LordofFail wrote:Hey guys, guess what?

Its Day 1. Lets calm down a bit with the shit flinging and these accusations, shall we? No need for excess salt to be seeping in here...

I think people have forgotten what a CL game feels like. P:
Tiltedcomedian
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby ElusiveBelle » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:12 pm

FirelightKnight wrote:And yeah, OK, there is the possibility of a Lookout and that will probably scare off some scum, but even so I'm not convinced that claiming is a good idea.
Plus the scum can just claim protective since protective would be on Tpow anyway. The actual protective would CC, but how are you supposed to know which is the actual TPro? Just hope that the scummier looking one is the actual scum?

This was a concern I was thinking about as well, it would pull out counter claiming which not only reveals the Town Investigative at this point, but also now the Protective as well. That would leave three Important Town picks exposed and the one protector among them. I'd rather not bank on the Randoms rolling something like protective just to be safe.

Granted we could also role a Transporter to save the Power, Protective, or Investigative but banking on that is the same as banking on having lookout in the first place.

The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth
ElusiveBelle
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby Nellyfox » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:19 pm

hi i'm nelly ~former~ queen of pizza rolls because rock hates my diet

Regarding things that have happened

PL Kirize for even suggesting PLs page one.
Firelight is probably town.

Retributionist & Jailor, do not ever reveal if someone claims roleblocked.
Lawyer, just keep your trap shut the entire game thanks. (there is no reason to claim during your trial but whatever floats your boat)
Earliest time Mayor can reveal is ~25 hours into day 2. Don't even think about revealing today.
But please, if you are unsure that you can lead town do not reveal. When a town power reveals, of course they're automatically assigned town leader, but a role doesn't make a good leader. Take 5E for example where I basically managed the entire town as bodyguard after Pretzel revealed as jailor (sorry bb ily tho)

I think James just wants an easy game tbh.
There is nothing wrong with Tilted.
Careful where you tread, children.

And let me make this clear. If you are on the chopping block, DO NOT CLAIM A ROLE. Claiming a role is not a defense and you will more than likely get lynched.
Investigatives, do not claim if you've found scum. You can get someone lynched even without the direct evidence. Use your judgement when to reveal, but don't just wave your card around because OMG I'M LOOKOUT AND ROCK IS SK BECAUSE HE KILLED AEOLIAAAAN AND I WATCHED HIM LYNCH PLZ 15 minutes into day 2.

The only NK that may target a claimed town power immediately is stalker. Mafia can probably pull something off as well if they got the right roles to do it. But it also depends on who is behind the role and the logic they used. Don't eliminate it because it's stupid or something, sometimes that may be the correct strategy because everyone brushes it off as impossible and doesn't take it into account.

Also for the love of Arceus if you're mentioning past games please include context.
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby PokemonKidRyan » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:30 pm

JackoDerp wrote:I feel like if Ryan truely had an opinion he would at least give a reason...

Tiltedcomedian wrote:alouvre is Town.
I think.

This quote was just a little bit weird, like, why would alouvre seem town prior to that post?
Also, they are posting like one comment per page, trying not to give us much to go on as to reading them.
They are a person which as a result of the lack of posting (Like all of us atm) seems to not be the most town oriented.

However, they might be part of a group because they are trying to post more than the average person has.
Which is important with town and mafia alike.

Like, I do not have an extremely solid read for anyone at the moment, but this will develop as the game goes along..
My personality:

PokemonKidRyan
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby Nellyfox » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:34 pm

I am guessing the whisper Tilted received from alouvre has to do with his comment. I'm not sure what's so odd about that comment; really the only thing wrong with it is the uncertainty in it. I wouldn't focus too much on it though, as it still most likely is connected to the whisper received.

Can't poorly read someone for post amount when people haven't posted yet.
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby Tiltedcomedian » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:39 pm

Nellyfox wrote:I am guessing the whisper Tilted received from alouvre has to do with his comment. I'm not sure what's so odd about that comment; really the only thing wrong with it is the uncertainty in it. I wouldn't focus too much on it though, as it still most likely is connected to the whisper received.

Can't poorly read someone for post amount when people haven't posted yet.

Pretty much. The whisper was memes. It wasn't so much the content as the targets, as alouvre has done this before.

I added uncertainty in because I can't read alouvre as well as I thought, especially on D1 of a more relaxed game style.
Tiltedcomedian
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby Nellyfox » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:39 pm

How do you get a town read from memes?
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby Nellyfox » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:44 pm

Kirize12 wrote:This is kinda a fencesit, although it's D1 and I can understand lack of resources. The last line kinda makes me feel iffy though. "but this will develop as the game goes along..." kinda seems weird to be honest. Can't really put my finger on it, but it just doesn't seem like something a townie would say.

Tell me your accurate few hours into day one reads, we can just end the game right now.
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby Tiltedcomedian » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:48 pm

Nellyfox wrote:How do you get a town read from memes?

Bad phrasing. :P

It wasn't the content, his (slight) Towntell was after I saw who he whispered to.
Tiltedcomedian
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby alouvre » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:52 pm

REMEMBER GUYS IF TILTED SCUMREADS ME LATER AND I FLIP SCUM HE'S SCUM TOO

but yeah nah Tilted hasn't said anything scummy; he always plays rather loosely while still being reserved, if that makes any sense. So I'm actually pretty concerned about those who immediately jumped on him after Kirize asked?

Ryan in particular stated that he didn't know, but began to give more reasons when Kirize accused him of fencesitting or some shit. Obviously people are going to fencesit this early; townies wouldn't be so afraid to not conform if they really don't know, but scum would more likely reach for reasons.

Jacko just said Tilted was being a bit strange and dropped it and Kirize still hasn't given his own opinion, so /shrug we'll see about those two.

Kirize, why did you ask Ryan in particular?
alouvre
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby SirCakez » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:53 pm

Hey hi I'm here now.
Alouvre's whisper was just a meme (the Fur cakez meme *cries*)
I like how this is supposedly a more laid back game and people are acting more serious then in even the episode. Seriously chill the fuck out.

Gobln wrote:FurCakez isn't so great? Are you kidding? When was the last time you saw a player with such an ability in Forum Mafia? Cakez takes the game in another level, and we will be blessed if we ever see a player with his skill and passion for the game again. gobln breaks records. FurCakez breaks the rules.
SirCakez
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner

Postby Tiltedcomedian » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:53 pm

Nothing, hence it's a slight Towntell. Only a building block; I'd need to see how he posts the rest of the game.

Nevertheless, D1 is a starting point.

Lunchtime, back later.

Pedit - oh and I need to get a fur coat for Cakez.
Tiltedcomedian
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby SirCakez » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:54 pm

TPow can reveal if they think they can lead well. Jailor and Ret should stay hidden though unless we can safely establish there's no Witch/Consort.

Gobln wrote:FurCakez isn't so great? Are you kidding? When was the last time you saw a player with such an ability in Forum Mafia? Cakez takes the game in another level, and we will be blessed if we ever see a player with his skill and passion for the game again. gobln breaks records. FurCakez breaks the rules.
SirCakez
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner

Postby alouvre » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:57 pm

Tiltedcomedian wrote:Nothing, hence it's a slight Towntell. Only a building block; I'd need to see how he posts the rest of the game.

you're not making any sense mate

Kirize12 wrote:Alouvre, can you explain why you wasted two whispers on memes when you could have just posted them in the thread?

Whispers are seductive and intimate. (;
alouvre
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads