9D (CL) | Nostalgia | Game Over (Town Wins!)

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Metrion, FM Game Moderators

9D (CL) | Nostalgia | Game Over (Town Wins!)

Postby RockFire » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:31 pm

1) Titles: This is not an official game so therefore, titles will not be awarded.

2) Inactivity: If a player hasn't posted in the thread within 36 hours, I will prod them for inactivity. If they do not respond to the prod within 18 hours of it being sent, they will be replaced. Receiving two prods will result in an automatic replacement. Posts must be productive to the game and anything else will be seen as prod dodging and will not reset the prod timer.

3) Be Respectful: I will not tolerate any homophobic, racist, sexist, or any otherwise discriminatory behavior. Any type of behavior like this will be punished by being forcibly replaced. Remember that this is a game and if you feel that you're too on edge, take a break from it. I will step in and ask people to calm down if it starts getting too heated. So please, refrain from personal attacks.

4) Gamethrowing: Any attempt to intentionally make your faction lose the game will result in being blacklisted from future games. This includes shooting a revealed Mayor as a Vigilante or executing a confirmed Town member as a Jailor. All your actions must be done with the goal of winning as your faction and have a clear, logical explanation for your actions. This can include Jesting.

5) Spam: Do not post multiple times in a row if it can be avoided. It detracts from the game and makes it harder for people to catch up. Use quotes and spoilers to make one large post instead of many small ones as well as using the preview function to look at your post before posting it. I will spoiler excessively long posts at my own discretion.

6) No Outside Communication: Do not use outside methods of communication to disclose your role or any other similar information about this game to another player. Dead players may only speak to dead players, with a Medium using their night action being the only exception to this rule. Breaking this rule will result in being blacklisted from future games.

7) Last Wills, Deathnotes, and Night Actions: Be sure to label all PMs to me accordingly or you risk the chance that I'll miss the PM and not process whatever you wanted done. The proper way to label them is:

"9D Last Will"
"9D Deathnote"
"9D Night Action"

8) Whispers: There will be whispers this game. Everyone has a total of four 200 character whispers that they can use each day.

9) Flavor: Flavor should not be used to infer anything or support arguments as it is as the title implies, flavor text.

10) Fun: The most important rule is to have fun because this is a game and shouldn't be treated as anything aside from that.

Important Notes: Spoiler: Everyone has four 200 character whispers each day this game.

All rolecards that are on the role card thread are in use and can be rolled.

The Spy and Agent cards are the ones that deal with whispers that were used prior to the use of sensors.

Stalker and Medium are the only two roles with variations from the listed roles.

Citizens have five counts in Random Town. Only one Citizen can roll in Random Town.

This game is meant to mimic the style of older games on this site and as such, focuses more on players having fun than competitive aspects as it is a CL game. Join to have fun, not to try and win and being upset if that doesn't occur.

Investigator Results:
Spoiler: Your target has a driving passion for blood to be spilled! They must be a Vigilante, Veteran, or Mafioso.

Your target leads the community! They must be a Lawyer, Jailor, or Mayor.

Your target enjoys playing practical jokes! They must be a Transporter, Prankster, or Double .

Your target frequents the local graveyard! They must be a Medium, Janitor, or Amnesiac.

Your target has a daunting presence! They must be a Bodyguard, Caporegime, or Stalker.

Your target loiters outside the homes of others! They must be a Marshal, Firebrand, or Arsonist.

Your target pours their heart and soul into their work! They must be a Retributionist, Doctor, or Serial Killer.

Your target is extremely skilled in their line of work! They must be an Escort, Consort, or Phantom.

Your target knows how to break into homes! They must be a Investigator, Consigliere or Bomber.

Your target follows others around! They must be a Spy, Agent, Shade.

Your target observes what others do! They must be a Lookout or a Blackmailer, or Witch .

Your target takes great pride in their work! They must be a Sheriff, Disguiser, or Executioner.

Your target is extremely plain and unassuming! They must be a Citizen, Godfather, or Survivor.

Your target has piles of evidence against them! They must be a Framer or Jester.


Sheriff Results:
Spoiler: Your target is not suspicious.
Your target is a member of the Mafia!
Your target is a Serial Killer!
Your target is a Stalker!


Changed Rolecards: Spoiler:
Stalker

You are a Stalker

Your alignment is Neutral Killing.

You are a creepy person who hides in the shadows and follows people around them until they die.
You are an incredibly feared individual who can instill paranoia in even the most hardened of people.

Each phase, you may stalk one person. They are not informed of this.
Each of your stalked targets will commit suicide four phases after you begin stalking them. Nothing can save them once they are stalked, besides your death.
You may also, once per phase, choose to release a target from their paranoia and transfer it to someone else, but it will reset the phases until death for the new target back to four.
If someone tries to roleblock you, you will stalk your roleblocker.
Your method of killing ignores night immunity and protection.
You are night immune and immune to stalking.

You win with Stalkers
You win with Survivors
You win with Witches
You must kill the Town
You must kill the Mafia
You must kill Arsonists
You must kill Serial Killers
You must kill Bombers
You may spare anyone else


Medium

You are a Medium.

Your alignment is Town Support.

You are a powerful psychic who can communicate with the dead.
The dead cannot comprehend our speech, and we cannot comprehend theirs. That is where you come in - you are the translator in the middle!

At night select a dead player, you will open a séance with them allowing you to communicate to them.
Communication must be done through the moderator.
The only limit is that you may not explicitly or implicitly talk about other mediums or your identity.
The dead only have until the end of the Night Phase to answer you back and see all medium messages as a generic "medium".
Dead players being contacted by a Medium are still permitted to private message other dead players as well.
Your séances will fail if the dead player is an active Phantom or Shade, the dead may also choose to outright deny you.

You win with the Town
You win with Survivors
You must kill the Mafia
You must kill Arsonists
You must kill Witches
You must kill Serial Killers
You must kill Stalkers
You must kill Bombers
You may spare anyone else


Rolelist: Spoiler: Town Power
Town Investigative
Town Protective
Town Killing
Town Support
Random Town
Random Town
Random Town
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen


Mafia Head
Mafia Support/Tactical
Mafia Support/Deception
Random Mafia


Neutral Benign
Neutral Evil
Neutral Killing
Random Neutral


Playerlist:
  1. SaitamatheMeme
  2. Santa07
  3. GenostheEdgelord
  4. TatsumakiTornado
  5. TiltedComedian
  6. VidameBianca <----------- James2
  7. Ryanyb <----------- hippophant
  8. PokemonKidRyan
  9. LordofFail
  10. Oliy
  11. Nellyvix
  12. pumacatrun2
  13. SirCakez
  14. RolltheDiceTemptFate <---------- Mkim
  15. ElusiveBell
  16. Jackoderp
  17. Firelightknight
  18. alouvre
  19. Elastoid <----------- Jordarrian
  20. Kirize12

Timeline:

Graveyard
LordofFail: Killed by the Mafia Night One - Cleaned
SaitamatheMeme: Lynched by the Town Day Two - Citizen
Nellyfox: Killed by the Veteran Night Two - Witch
Firelightknight: Killed by the Serial Killer Night Two - Citizen
User avatar
RockFire
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:13 pm
Location: Enacting my Machinations (UTC -7/GMT -6)

Re: 9D (CL) | Nostalgia | Setup Phase

Postby RockFire » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:32 am

A flicker of a light, a musty old smell. It was a classic novel, one that hadn't been told in a long time. Perhaps this would be the start of another tale of triumph or defeat? Only time would tell.

"Once upon a time, there lived the people of Salem. They were content with their small, quaint lives, but the boss of the local Mafia had other plans. Even some of the villagers had started having more devious thoughts. However, the lynching began the day after they found their beloved leader dead. The man that had built this town with his own hands lay dead in front of all and the suspicious glances and worried looks told all."

Day One Begins! It will end on March 24th at 10:30 A.M. (MDT)
User avatar
RockFire
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:13 pm
Location: Enacting my Machinations (UTC -7/GMT -6)

Re: 9D (CL) | Nostalgia | Day One (Another Tale)

Postby alouvre » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:33 am

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
alouvre
Blackmailer
Blackmailer
 
Posts: 1153
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:12 pm
Location: Central Daylight Time (UTC-5)

Re: 9D (CL) | Nostalgia | Day One (Another Tale)

Postby ElusiveBelle » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:35 am

Good morning everyone!

Also my name has an "E" at the end of Belle. C'est la vie though, not the first time it happens and wont be the last
Image

The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth
User avatar
ElusiveBelle
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 6:47 pm
Location: Some Strange Land Between Sanity and Creativity

Re: 9D (CL) | Nostalgia | Day One (Another Tale)

Postby Kirize12 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:37 am

This is gonna be a great game desu
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8965
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Getting pagegets

Re: 9D (CL) | Nostalgia | Day One (Another Tale)

Postby PokemonKidRyan » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:45 am

Hey all :)
Good luck :)
My personality:
Spoiler: Image

My alts were EdwardMidford and TsuchiyaTenaka. I apologise profusely for being bad and hiding behind them. I ask for forgiveness but know that won't be a simple feat. Please stop bringing up my past, as I'm striving towards a new future. I just sometimes struggle to show that I truly want said change.
User avatar
PokemonKidRyan
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:47 am
Location: The Cave (Secret location)

Re: 9D (CL) | Nostalgia | Day One (Another Tale)

Postby Kirize12 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:51 am

Well, I might as well get the ball rolling.

If you were a one-shot guiltless dayvig, who would you shoot right now and why?

For me, the answer would be James2. His play has always been toxic and he's more harm than good to the town. He flaps around, shitposts, and never bothers to listen to anyone - he just does his own thing because he's James. (._. )

So yeah. Best get him out of the way before he fucks us up.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8965
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Getting pagegets

Re: 9D (CL) | Nostalgia | Day One (Another Tale)

Postby Kirize12 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:55 am

FirelightKnight wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:Well, I might as well get the ball rolling.

If you were a one-shot guiltless dayvig, who would you shoot right now and why?

For me, the answer would be James2. His play has always been toxic and he's more harm than good to the town. He flaps around, shitposts, and never bothers to listen to anyone - he just does his own thing because he's James. (._. )

So yeah. Best get him out of the way before he fucks us up.

I would wait until there was some actual discussion and go for someone I thought was probably scum? Shooting someone before they even post seems kinda silly, no offense.

how is that question even relevant? There's no one-shot guiltless dayvig in this game.

These are, in essence, policy shots.

I was trying to get the ball rolling.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8965
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Getting pagegets

Re: 9D (CL) | Nostalgia | Day One (Another Tale)

Postby James2 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:56 am

Kirize is so salty.

Anyway, I'm a (redacted).

Seriously though, I'm going to try to play this game without any crazy gambits.
James2
Forger
Forger
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:53 am

Re: 9D (CL) | Nostalgia | Day One (Another Tale)

Postby Kirize12 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:57 am

James2 wrote:Kirize is so salty.

Anyway, I'm a (redacted).

Seriously though, I'm going to try to play this game without any crazy gambits.

OK then, I hope so too. I retract my shot on you.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. But god help you if you turn against this post.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8965
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Getting pagegets

Re: 9D (CL) | Nostalgia | Day One (Another Tale)

Postby Tiltedcomedian » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:00 am

Hi guys! Gonna be a great game (par -

Kirize12 wrote:Well, I might as well get the ball rolling.

If you were a one-shot guiltless dayvig, who would you shoot right now and why?

For me, the answer would be James2. His play has always been toxic and he's more harm than good to the town. He flaps around, shitposts, and never bothers to listen to anyone - he just does his own thing because he's James. (._. )

So yeah. Best get him out of the way before he fucks us up.


Spoiler: Image

FirelightKnight wrote:Policy shots are bad. Just because someone's a bad player doesn't mean you should shoot them ten minutes into day one before they post anything. They could still flip town, which would mean scum is one step closer to majority. Which is bad.

If you want to get the ball rolling, maybe try asking something relevant to this game? because there's really no point discussing a role that can't possibly be in this game right now.


^
User avatar
Tiltedcomedian
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:26 am

Re: 9D (CL) | Nostalgia | Day One (Another Tale)

Postby James2 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:03 am

Getting to business, twenty four hours into day two, we should identify the town power by everyone either affirming being the town power or denying it. If there's only one claimant, then they'll be confirmed without even having to tell their role. Since we have a town power to lead us, we should withhold our night results until we can give them to the town power.

Also, in order to allow differentiability (and thus make it easier for people to confirm themselves), any vigilantes or firebrands should put some large number in their death note for ease of identification. Even if you're not choosing to kill anyone, a witch could still force a kill, so it is imperative that you put a number in your DN. Firebrands need to be sure to do this by the end of night one, vigilantes must do this by the end of night two.
James2
Forger
Forger
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:53 am

Re: 9D (CL) | Nostalgia | Day One (Another Tale)

Postby alouvre » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:04 am

Fire beat me to the shot (PUN INTENDED I'M SO HILARIOUS) but hey the better question is why you'd retract your theoretical shot on James just because he said he would play differently this game and not provide an alternative when you seem intent on getting something out of your question from others

ALSO YEAH GOOD LUCK I'M SO HYPED FOR WHISPERS, PREPARE FOR MEMES
alouvre
Blackmailer
Blackmailer
 
Posts: 1153
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:12 pm
Location: Central Daylight Time (UTC-5)

Re: 9D (CL) | Nostalgia | Day One (Another Tale)

Postby alouvre » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:05 am

JAMES STOP YOU ARE NOT MAKING THIS INTO ANOTHER CFM 12
alouvre
Blackmailer
Blackmailer
 
Posts: 1153
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:12 pm
Location: Central Daylight Time (UTC-5)

Re: 9D (CL) | Nostalgia | Day One (Another Tale)

Postby Kirize12 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:06 am

James2 wrote:Getting to business, twenty four hours into day two, we should identify the town power by everyone either affirming being the town power or denying it. If there's only one claimant, then they'll be confirmed without even having to tell their role. Since we have a town power to lead us, we should withhold our night results until we can give them to the town power.

Also, in order to allow differentiability (and thus make it easier for people to confirm themselves), any vigilantes or firebrands should put some large number in their death note for ease of identification. Even if you're not choosing to kill anyone, a witch could still force a kill, so it is imperative that you put a number in your DN. Firebrands need to be sure to do this by the end of night one, vigilantes must do this by the end of night two.

You're putting a lot of dependancy into the town power. They may be important, but that doesn't mean they command or have the skills to command. You're putting a lot of trust into something that may backfire and asking us to blindly follow you and do the same. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Orrrrrrrr they could just write their names in their death notes. :\
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8965
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Getting pagegets

Re: 9D (CL) | Nostalgia | Day One (Another Tale)

Postby Kirize12 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:07 am

alouvre wrote:Fire beat me to the shot (PUN INTENDED I'M SO HILARIOUS) but hey the better question is why you'd retract your theoretical shot on James just because he said he would play differently this game and not provide an alternative when you seem intent on getting something out of your question from others

ALSO YEAH GOOD LUCK I'M SO HYPED FOR WHISPERS, PREPARE FOR MEMES

Because I want to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8965
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Getting pagegets

Re: 9D (CL) | Nostalgia | Day One (Another Tale)

Postby Tiltedcomedian » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:09 am

Kirize12 wrote:
alouvre wrote:Fire beat me to the shot (PUN INTENDED I'M SO HILARIOUS) but hey the better question is why you'd retract your theoretical shot on James just because he said he would play differently this game and not provide an alternative when you seem intent on getting something out of your question from others

ALSO YEAH GOOD LUCK I'M SO HYPED FOR WHISPERS, PREPARE FOR MEMES

Because I want to give him the benefit of the doubt.


If you wanted to do that, you wouldn't have said anything at all. :|
User avatar
Tiltedcomedian
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:26 am

Re: 9D (CL) | Nostalgia | Day One (Another Tale)

Postby Kirize12 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:11 am

FirelightKnight wrote:Why not give him the benefit of the doubt to begin with?

Ongoing games, sorry. ¯\_(=•ᴥ•=)_/¯
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8965
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Getting pagegets

Re: 9D (CL) | Nostalgia | Day One (Another Tale)

Postby alouvre » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:13 am

or they can just do what stella did in that game I forgot where she made a code to put in her deathnote or put an inside joke only they can explain or something y'know unless those kind of codes are illegal now

eh I forgot where I was going with that, I'll see if I remember it later
alouvre
Blackmailer
Blackmailer
 
Posts: 1153
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:12 pm
Location: Central Daylight Time (UTC-5)

Re: 9D (CL) | Nostalgia | Day One (Another Tale)

Postby James2 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:20 am

Kirize12 wrote:Well, I might as well get the ball rolling.

If you were a one-shot guiltless dayvig, who would you shoot right now and why?

For me, the answer would be James2. His play has always been toxic and he's more harm than good to the town. He flaps around, shitposts, and never bothers to listen to anyone - he just does his own thing because he's James. (._. )

So yeah. Best get him out of the way before he fucks us up.


Could you provide a specific example of where I've behaved "toxicly"?

alouvre wrote:Fire beat me to the shot (PUN INTENDED I'M SO HILARIOUS) but hey the better question is why you'd retract your theoretical shot on James just because he said he would play differently this game and not provide an alternative when you seem intent on getting something out of your question from others

ALSO YEAH GOOD LUCK I'M SO HYPED FOR WHISPERS, PREPARE FOR MEMES


He's just salting.

alouvre wrote:JAMES STOP YOU ARE NOT MAKING THIS INTO ANOTHER CFM 12


I see you're still jealous about how I carried the town in that game.

Kirize12 wrote:
James2 wrote:Getting to business, twenty four hours into day two, we should identify the town power by everyone either affirming being the town power or denying it. If there's only one claimant, then they'll be confirmed without even having to tell their role. Since we have a town power to lead us, we should withhold our night results until we can give them to the town power.

Also, in order to allow differentiability (and thus make it easier for people to confirm themselves), any vigilantes or firebrands should put some large number in their death note for ease of identification. Even if you're not choosing to kill anyone, a witch could still force a kill, so it is imperative that you put a number in your DN. Firebrands need to be sure to do this by the end of night one, vigilantes must do this by the end of night two.

You're putting a lot of dependancy into the town power. They may be important, but that doesn't mean they command or have the skills to command. You're putting a lot of trust into something that may backfire and asking us to blindly follow you and do the same. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Orrrrrrrr they could just write their names in their death notes. :\


A mediocre leader is better than anarchy: Let me ask you, is it the case that politicians are, in general, awful?

P.S. Only a dumb person would put their name in a death note.
James2
Forger
Forger
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:53 am

Re: 9D (CL) | Nostalgia | Day One (Another Tale)

Postby Kirize12 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:24 am

JackoDerp wrote:Greetings everyone!

I'm looking forward to James making his classic nonsensical D1 hardclaim and having nobody believe him.

But seriously, lighten up people. I'm sure there are better things to discuss than being salty at James for his..... confusing plays.

Kinda contradicting yourself there, no? You say that James is making a classic nonsensical D1 hardclaim, but then you said that there's better things to discuss than being salty at James for his confusing plays.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8965
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Getting pagegets

Re: 9D (CL) | Nostalgia | Day One (Another Tale)

Postby alouvre » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:27 am

yes james I am still extremely salty

if the tpwr wants to reveal, then that's fine, but some kids just aren't up to leading the town y'know; they just prefer working back there somewhere

anyway I still don't get the "save your night results" thing because I can't really think of anything that would kill us if we said it in our first post

this was probably explained a while ago but I forgot so refreshen me

JackoDerp wrote:I'm sure there are better things to discuss than being salty at James for his..... confusing plays.

no, never

Kirize12 wrote:Kinda contradicting yourself there, no? You say that James is making a classic nonsensical D1 hardclaim, but then you said that there's better things to discuss than being salty at James for his confusing plays.

sorry but what
alouvre
Blackmailer
Blackmailer
 
Posts: 1153
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:12 pm
Location: Central Daylight Time (UTC-5)

Re: 9D (CL) | Nostalgia | Day One (Another Tale)

Postby Kirize12 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:30 am

@alouvre
JackoDerp wrote:I'm looking forward to James making his classic nonsensical D1 hardclaim and having nobody believe him.


JackoDerp wrote:I'm sure there are better things to discuss than being salty at James for his..... confusing plays.


This kinda sets me off, but it could just be Jack making a joke.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8965
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Getting pagegets

Re: 9D (CL) | Nostalgia | Day One (Another Tale)

Postby alouvre » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:31 am

but how the hell is that contradictory at all?
alouvre
Blackmailer
Blackmailer
 
Posts: 1153
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:12 pm
Location: Central Daylight Time (UTC-5)

Re: 9D (CL) | Nostalgia | Day One (Another Tale)

Postby ElusiveBelle » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:33 am

Seems "getting the ball rolling" turned more into rolling a snowball down a hill having it turn into a monster boulder of snow.

Kirize from what I know from reading past games is just being Kirize, but still it's a tad abrasive right out of the starting gates. Given I have no experience with either of the parties involved in this, I'll withhold pushing into it until there is more stable ground to base accusations on.

As for the comments about the town power confirming into Day 2. This comes off a bit strange to me, as others have said it puts a lot of pressure onto the town power and makes a perfect target for everyone. Not to mention it will put a lot of town focus onto them during the night which leaves Mafia and Neutrals more free reign to target others as they are less likely to be watched or protected. We don't want to make Town's Strongest player a target while simultaneously making everyone else that can still be just as helpful less protected.
Image

The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth
User avatar
ElusiveBelle
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 6:47 pm
Location: Some Strange Land Between Sanity and Creativity

Next

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests