SFM15 | III | Game Over | Mafia Wins | Karma is a Bitch

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: SFM15 | III | Day 3 | The Gods Awaken

Postby KingOfEvil » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:45 pm

TheCow wrote:KOE claims to be another Mel.

Whereas Mel's item is still a mystery to its effects, I already did state that only I could directly die from mine. Others could die too depending on other player's actions, that part is slightly out of my control.
KingOfEvil
Jester
Jester

Postby Rickdaily12 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:46 pm

King, you should probably stop softing.

When I was reading yesterday, I got the impression that your items and hers were related. What exactly does it do?

Does Scum benefit from knowing?
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Looking for guides? :D

Check out the LGBTAI+ Thread!

Rickdaily12
FM Awards: Town

Postby TheCow » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:46 pm

KingOfEvil wrote:
TheCow wrote:KOE claims to be another Mel.

Whereas Mel's item is still a mystery to its effects, I already did state that only I could directly die from mine. Others could die too depending on other player's actions, that part is slightly out of my control.

I don't give a shit. Claim.
TheCow
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby SirCakez » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:46 pm

Spoiler:
CJBlack44 wrote:
Alzar wrote:Do you believe Cow lying about his item could be indicative of Town?

No, I don't. Trouble is, I feel that the situation we're facing is more dangerous than we realize. I mean, in a normal game (I'll give 8F as an example since we both played in it), you can maybe afford a mislynch, so if you think someone is scummy, you vote them (even though I firmly believe you should be 100% CONVINCED that said person is scum before voting them but ok). In this game however, plenty of fucked up shit could happen (take Mel's item for example, or those stupid buildings) so at this point, I don't feel we can afford a mislynch. Since we have no idea whatsoever on the rolelist, we could already be in Mylo by now. I'm assuming worst case scenario and acting accordingly.

I do believe Cow is the scummiest player so far. But I am not convinced he is scum. Hence why I want to hear his reasoning. Of course, considering how the day was shortened (another fucked up shit of the type I just mentioned), if Cow doesn't post anything relevant, I would vote him since there is no one else I would vote at this point and I don't feel that nolynch is a viable alternative.

I am asking you, though, Alzar: does Cow's scum play make sense to you? Because it doesn't make sense to me. I don't think he'd pull the same shit now as in 8F, considering how well that worked out for him :roll:

Fence sitting on Cow
CJBlack44 wrote:
Alzar wrote:cow's "big plays" win him games

or at least they're intended to

Not really lol. I played against scum Cow 3 different times: once in SFM9 where, ok, he wasn't lynched very early (was still lynched on the last day though), but I figured out he was witch pretty early - like, the day after I replaced in I think (no one listened to me though because I was a noob lel), a second time in NFM1 where he got lynched day 2 and a third time in 8F, where he got lynched day 2. So it's not really unlike him to pull off stuff like this. To me it feels that (no offense Cow) he starts out with a plan (as scum) that may initially seem like a good plan, but everything just sort of backfires on him.

What unsettles me is that usually we had more information revealing Cow as 90%-100% scum. I feel that we have too little information now, and this day shortage has fucked everything up.

It doesn't help that I see Cow reading the thread and still not responding to my question >.>

Fence sitting on Cow
CJBlack44 wrote:I would vote to lynch Cow today because Mel doesn't seem like a good alternative to me. I know what it's like to have kids and that takes up almost all of your time and also makes you act like a maniac (sorry Mel pls don't kill IRL) so I don't find Mel's attitude to be necessarily scummy. The insulting and screaming at people regardless of alignment should be something K1ll can relate to. I wouldn't put Mela on my Town spectrum yet, but I'm definitely not convinced that she is a good lynch for today.

goes from this
CJBlack44 wrote:Ok, I definitely agree that Melanora is scummy right now. In light of this post:

melanora wrote:-grumbles something about sleep deprivation, not maniac-

And rhazh, fyi, I had literally just had the baby during that game and had five people helping me. I'm now on my own again all day and working Waukee I do it. If you're going to meta me, have the facts.

Alright I rarely say this, but it's the only safe plan. We need to no lynch.

At this point, all we have is items that are not alignment indicative, random letters, a bastard mod, and half a player list sliding under the radar. People are grasping at straws, except for Cow who definitely can't be scum with this absurd act.

No lynch gives us a chance for more data before we act.

Also no night vigging ffs. If you really want to lynch me, do it tomorrow. Let me have more time on the damn bag before it fucks us.

Mel has officially become my top lynch target for today. If anyone needs me to explain why, I will, but I think it's pretty obvious at this point.

I DO agree with the no night vigging though. A vig could shoot Cow I suppose, but I'd rather be sure about this. Of course, I'm not the vig so it's not my choice, but in case my opinion matters, I would rather not have anyone be shot tonight. I feel very, very uneasy about all this business and I feel that we should tread carefully. We don't know the rolelist, we could be in Mylo for all we know.

Can we get a vote count pls? Also, how many hours do we have left? The timezones are fucking me up big time right now *headache*

to this super quickly, implying a desire to fit in with the majority. Drops off his defense of Mel earlier completely.

Most notable examples

Gobln wrote:FurCakez isn't so great? Are you kidding? When was the last time you saw a player with such an ability in Forum Mafia? Cakez takes the game in another level, and we will be blessed if we ever see a player with his skill and passion for the game again. gobln breaks records. FurCakez breaks the rules.
SirCakez
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner

Postby TheCow » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:47 pm

Cakez, is your item a gun?
TheCow
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby SirCakez » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:47 pm

No

Gobln wrote:FurCakez isn't so great? Are you kidding? When was the last time you saw a player with such an ability in Forum Mafia? Cakez takes the game in another level, and we will be blessed if we ever see a player with his skill and passion for the game again. gobln breaks records. FurCakez breaks the rules.
SirCakez
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner

Postby TheCow » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:48 pm

SirCakez wrote:No

Darn, because if it was, we could call you the texas sharpshooter.
TheCow
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby SirCakez » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:48 pm

Thanks

SirCakez
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner

Postby KingOfEvil » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:48 pm

TheCow wrote:I don't give a shit. Claim.

Rickdaily12 wrote:Does Scum benefit from knowing?

Yes, scum benefits from knowing.

Mel's and my item are not related by any means, especially seeing her item description. I stated D2 that the worst that could result from my item for the end of D3 would not happen now based on player's actions.
KingOfEvil
Jester
Jester

Postby CJBlack44 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:49 pm

Rick, as far as I can tell you are some kind of day-medium (supposedly). So why don't you tell us the roles of all the dead? And post their wills?

I don't trust these people, but voting them just sounds like a bad idea lol.

@Cakez: the first 2 posts are the same idea, which I already explained when you confronted me about fencesitting. I did not have enough information to take a definitive stance against Cow at that time. I did so later.

In my first post about Mel, I did imply I don't believe she is Town, but I don't believe she is a good lynch (because she did not have enough scummy posts). Then she made that post which seemed scummy AF to me. I've explained this very clearly, how is it odd to you?

Sheeping isn't sheeping if you provide arguments for your opinion.
CJBlack44
Witch
Witch

Postby CJBlack44 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:51 pm

TheCow wrote:
Rickdaily12 wrote:Your choice to believe me if that's what he said or not.

Also, I'm not even really a player.

Yes you are...?

LoF's LW and flip don't match up. Besides that, why would he be so vague in his LW? It isn't his style. Also, there wasn't a single meme.

CJ, please elaborate.

I missed this post. What is there to elaborate? This is the description of the item that Watt posted. Is it correct, yes or no? It's a very simple question.
CJBlack44
Witch
Witch

Postby TheCow » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:51 pm

Its true, but its missing details.
TheCow
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby Rickdaily12 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:52 pm

Far enough, KoE, I'll stop pushing.

Varanus didn't really have a will, but when I asked him what he wanted me to post, after realizing he was flavor-cleaned, I posted what he asked.

Day Medium is not my role.
Invenio said why I'm here. THAT IS THE ONLY ACTUAL REASON.

Until Gobln shows up and starts suggesting people to me who to kill, there really isn't a reason for me being here besides whatever the hell I want to tell you, learn from you, and my own ideas.

Everything else I've done to this point is me acting the way I care to. If another player were me, they may not actually be answering your questions or even actively helping you. It's done because I wanted to.
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Rickdaily12

Postby SirCakez » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:52 pm

CJ - One post completely changed her from "not a good lynch" to "top lynch target". That's pretty ridiculous.

SirCakez
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner

Postby CJBlack44 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:54 pm

TheCow wrote:Its true, but its missing details.

Can you post the full description then? One of you is definitely lying about this stupid item -.-'

@SirCakez: not if it's a scummy as fuck post, no. And "not a good lynch target FOR TODAY (I never said Mel is town and shouldn't be lynched, EVER)" = "is scummy but doesn't have enough scummy posts to become lynch target for today". Then she continued to make scummy posts, and that post I quoted was the cherry. I find the suggestion of a nolynch to be very scummy.
CJBlack44
Witch
Witch

Postby SirCakez » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:57 pm

That's basically fence sitting in a nutshell. "She's scummy but not THAT scummy"

SirCakez
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner

Postby SirCakez » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:57 pm

At least in my opinion.

SirCakez
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner

Postby TheCow » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:58 pm

• Each night, I may activate my ability.
  • If I activate my ability, all items of a chosen sub alignments are roleblocked for one cycle, starting the night of activation.
  • Valid targets:
      Protective
      Killing
      Investigative
      Support
      Deception
      Trading
  • Each sub alignment may only be chosen once.
  • At the start of the Day after activation, a moderator message will be posted into the thread, informing players that a specific sub alignment is blocked.
  • For the cycle that these items are roleblocked, they are treated as though they do not exist.
  • I am immune to these effects.
  • My vote is nulled unless it is the first on a wagon.
TheCow
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby SirCakez » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:59 pm

So why didn't you use your ability again?

SirCakez
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner

Postby Rickdaily12 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:59 pm

SirCakez wrote:So why didn't you use your ability again?

Rickdaily12

Postby TheCow » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:00 pm

SirCakez wrote:So why didn't you use your ability again?

There wasn't a good reason to. Please, why would I?
TheCow
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby KingOfEvil » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:00 pm

Are we technically allowed to directly quote items that weren't originally ours? inb4 modkill
KingOfEvil
Jester
Jester

Postby SirCakez » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:00 pm

To maybe block scum roles?

SirCakez
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner

Postby Rickdaily12 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:01 pm

You knew from Neasans' will that there are two killing factions and that Town was on a losing trend after you lynched Mel.

I'm nothing but skeptical that you couldn't think of at least one good reason why not to use your ability to at least block kills.

Rickdaily12

Postby KingOfEvil » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:01 pm

You could have blocked trading so Watt wouldn't have backtraded the remote? You also promised to block non-factional killing?
KingOfEvil
Jester
Jester

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads