SFM15 | III | Game Over | Mafia Wins | Karma is a Bitch

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: SFM15 | III | Day 3 | The Gods Awaken

Postby Rickdaily12 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:20 pm

Well, from the sounds of it, they wouldn't be here unless "the person with the key was shot".

Honestly this Neutral Killing faction sounds rather horrifying ._.
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Looking for guides? :D

Check out the LGBTAI+ Thread!

Rickdaily12
FM Awards: Town

Postby SirCakez » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:21 pm

/vote TheCow
As requested.

Gobln wrote:FurCakez isn't so great? Are you kidding? When was the last time you saw a player with such an ability in Forum Mafia? Cakez takes the game in another level, and we will be blessed if we ever see a player with his skill and passion for the game again. gobln breaks records. FurCakez breaks the rules.
SirCakez
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner

Postby SirCakez » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:22 pm

Rickdaily12 wrote:Well, from the sounds of it, they wouldn't be here unless "the person with the key was shot".

Honestly this Neutral Killing faction sounds rather horrifying ._.

They might have hit an immune with the key which is the only thing I can think of.

Gobln wrote:FurCakez isn't so great? Are you kidding? When was the last time you saw a player with such an ability in Forum Mafia? Cakez takes the game in another level, and we will be blessed if we ever see a player with his skill and passion for the game again. gobln breaks records. FurCakez breaks the rules.
SirCakez
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner

Postby Rickdaily12 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:22 pm

Then they'd have been tortured to death, so that's not it.
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Rickdaily12

Postby KingOfEvil » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:24 pm

Since there were two deaths on N1, if we assume the "Vampire" cleaned kill was the mafia's kill and that their is a NK about, three likely reasons for no NK during N2 kill could be:

1) Cow did in fact block non-factional killing items/roles
2) The target of the NK succeeded in their mission to live
3) The NK was roleblocked
KingOfEvil
Jester
Jester

Postby Watt2015 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:25 pm

KingOfEvil wrote:Since there were two deaths on N1, if we assume the "Vampire" cleaned kill was the mafia's kill and that their is a NK about, three likely reasons for no NK during N2 kill could be:

factional kills cannot be blocked, and it would have alerted all of us that a sub alignment was blocked if they did
Favourite Quote:
Spoiler:
leeten wrote:Are you even an IC holy fuck you pandering pile of shit

You should probably click this.
Watt2015
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby CJBlack44 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:26 pm

I'm off to sleep. I'll post reads tomorrow and try to find a solution to that stupid anagram (I hate anagrams -.-'). Good night!

@KoE Cow can't block roles, only items. Otherwise this would be too easy lol. Hence why I asked him to clarify. Also, if he had RB-ed any SA, we would've been announced by Invenio apparently.

Ninja-ed by Watt.
CJBlack44
Witch
Witch

Postby KingOfEvil » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:26 pm

Oh right, so then it could be just the latter two options then (for the global message reason, not the factional killing part).
KingOfEvil
Jester
Jester

Postby TheCow » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:27 pm

KingOfEvil wrote:Since there were two deaths on N1, if we assume the "Vampire" cleaned kill was the mafia's kill and that their is a NK about, three likely reasons for no NK during N2 kill could be:

oh my god modkill yourself
TheCow
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby KingOfEvil » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:28 pm

Neasans method of death could have been in the item role of the killer, rather than their alignment role. Do we know for sure which it was?
KingOfEvil
Jester
Jester

Postby Rickdaily12 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:28 pm

Neasans' Will wrote:Ok, so. Basically, I got an evil gun. Or something, idk. I don’t know if this was done by a person or if by a mechanic. It’s probably a person because it said “somebody”. I’ve been told the following: Someone has a key, and doesn’t know it. If I shoot them, I get to live. If I don’t kill the right person, I still die. If I don’t shoot, I die.

Let's suppose that this trap doesn't change.

It sounds like this trap is intended to kill with the gun. And I'd imagine that if this killer were immune, they'd figure there's a good chance they're the one's holding the key in the first place.

I doubt the solution is to actually shoot this killer, out them, then lynch them.

Rickdaily12

Postby The11thdoctor » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:30 pm

CJBlack44 wrote:Cakez. If you consider someone to be scummy, are you automatically sure they should be lynched? -.-' I honestly feel like we're beating a dead bush here, but I'm really trying to follow your line of thought.

@Cow ok I understand now, apparently there's been a confusion. Watt indeed didn't say that the items would be blocked, not the roles themselves, but it doesn't feel like something done on purpose. I'll have to re-read his ISO to make sure, but I can't see why he'd lie about it tbh.

11th, who are your top scumreads and why?

@Cakez wth do you mean Rhazh or K1ll? Am I missing something? o.O
my top scum read is cow, Spoiler: cow has done little to nothing to help this town he started with faking a post restriction and then moved to using that post restriction to keep that he had traded an item with watt, upon us figuring this out he dropped the charade, i believe watt is town because if e wasnt i see no use in admitting his item was stolen AND revealing its nature, continuing on cow he thusly decided not to block kills last night which allowed lof to be killed who we now know was not mafia, he has made several errors in judgement assuming he is town and assisted in cause of havoc
The11thdoctor
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Location: your mind... you dont think so...*chuckles* check again

Postby SirCakez » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:31 pm

I actually designed the original incarnation of this role in Grand Idea, which is what Kmenx quoted earlier.
Kmenx wrote:post 2398
Jigsaw Killer

Reverse Bear Trap - Targets one player. The targeted player must choose another player to kill to get the key and save themselves with. If the killed player is scum the player will not find the key and will die. If the killed player is town the player will survive. If no one is killed the player will die.

It had other abilities but I don't think they are in play since they would have left a notification.
Basically the question is how much did Invenio modify this.

SirCakez
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner

Postby TheCow » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:31 pm

How would claiming my item be pro-town?
TheCow
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby The11thdoctor » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:32 pm

The11thdoctor wrote:
CJBlack44 wrote:Cakez. If you consider someone to be scummy, are you automatically sure they should be lynched? -.-' I honestly feel like we're beating a dead bush here, but I'm really trying to follow your line of thought.

@Cow ok I understand now, apparently there's been a confusion. Watt indeed didn't say that the items would be blocked, not the roles themselves, but it doesn't feel like something done on purpose. I'll have to re-read his ISO to make sure, but I can't see why he'd lie about it tbh.

11th, who are your top scumreads and why?

@Cakez wth do you mean Rhazh or K1ll? Am I missing something? o.O
my top scum read is cow, Spoiler: cow has done little to nothing to help this town he started with faking a post restriction and then moved to using that post restriction to keep that he had traded an item with watt, upon us figuring this out he dropped the charade, i believe watt is town because if e wasnt i see no use in admitting his item was stolen AND revealing its nature, continuing on cow he thusly decided not to block kills last night which allowed lof to be killed who we now know was not mafia, he has made several errors in judgement assuming he is town and assisted in cause of havoc
also forgot to mention that dead chat which consists of at least a single town but possibly more, wants cow dead
The11thdoctor
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Location: your mind... you dont think so...*chuckles* check again

Postby Rickdaily12 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:34 pm

Neasans just told me the following:

To be more specific about the details of my death (at least to you), at the start of N1,

-I received a gun and a paper that detailed the instructions for the "game" they wanted me to play and that I'd been trapped in a torture device.
-The only way out would have been to shoot whoever had the key, which would kill them and I'd be released at the cost of their life.
-If I shot the wrong person, we'd both die. If I didn't shoot, I'd die alone.

And at the end of the night the message I got was literally that I was tortured to death.

In all honesty, I kinda think even if the person had been immune, by that description one of the two should be dead even if that were the case.

Rickdaily12

Postby KingOfEvil » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:35 pm

SirCakez wrote:I actually designed the original incarnation of this role in Grand Idea

Maybe you can add insight to the question of what would happen if the Jigsaw Killer's target is night immune? Would they still have to shoot someone else to find a key? Would they take a free shot and survive regardless of who they hit? Or would the whole event not happen, and the Jigsaw Killer would be told they can't make their target shoot someone?
KingOfEvil
Jester
Jester

Postby Rickdaily12 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:35 pm

New question from the dead:

"Why is k1ll not being accused for pushing the mislynch and defending Cow?"

Rickdaily12

Postby SirCakez » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:38 pm

That is 100% from Saw. Invenio fite me.
If it was my version the person in the trap would die because they have to shoot town to get the key. But I don't know how Invenio has messed with it.

SirCakez
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner

Postby Rickdaily12 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:38 pm

Two new questions from the dead in addition:

"Can Cow get modkilled for doing stupid stuff?"

"Explain in one sentence, exactly what of D2 made you shift your attention from Cow to Mel?"

Rickdaily12

Postby SirCakez » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:39 pm

Who is the second question aimed at?

SirCakez
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner

Postby Rickdaily12 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:40 pm

I think everyone who voted.

Rickdaily12

Postby Watt2015 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:42 pm

Rickdaily12 wrote:New question from the dead:

"Why is k1ll not being accused for pushing the mislynch and defending Cow?"

To answer you guys, I've actually been thinking that (This question seems like it came from LoF and the others agreed on asking, I'm probably wrong though)
Their vote power seems like it plays into Town, but I can't be certain on them yet. They were also targeted onto LoF N1, which at the time didn't strike as much more than a random pick and choose.
Could K1ll be Mafia? Yea, though it'd be one hell of a gambit. For now, I'm focused on who I perceive to be a huge threat, but thanks for bringing this subject up. K1ll will have to defend their actions (Good luck with that, I expect a lot of nonsense shouting).
Favourite Quote:
Spoiler:

Watt2015
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Watt2015 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:43 pm

Rickdaily12 wrote:Two new questions from the dead in addition:

"Can Cow get modkilled for doing stupid stuff?"

It would make life easier wouldn't it..

"Explain in one sentence, exactly what of D2 made you shift your attention from Cow to Mel?"

I was stupid and followed someone else's scum read in order to prevent a nolynch, not only to mention I planned to swipe my item back from Cow if they lived :lol:
Favourite Quote:
Spoiler:

Watt2015
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby RhazhBash » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:46 pm

I slept peacefully and I'm not dead.

Cow why do you insist that between you and Watt one of you dies and the other gets the item? You aren't accounting the possibility of both of you being scum. Only problem is that Rick is either scum aligned or not aligned at all and can do whatever he feels like. IMO he should kill Cow and give the item to a more pro Town player.

Anyways regarding Mel here's a sentence.

Mel was too focused on her bag with no real scumhunting and way more defensive than usual Mel.
RhazhBash
Benefactor
Benefactor

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads