[Newcomer FM] NFM 8 | Game Over! (Mafia and Witch Win)

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: [Newcomer FM] NFM 8 | Day One (A Strange Circumstance)

Postby RetralMega » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:09 am

K1ll, sorry for choosing you as my hunch. It means literally nothing. But if you are scum, I fucking told you guys so!
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby Rickdaily12 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:11 am

RetralMega wrote:K1ll, sorry for choosing you as my hunch. It means literally nothing. But if you are scum, I fucking told you guys so!

...so this was just a really bad joke? Is that what you're getting at?

Seriously- what was the part about "I've read what K1ll does and it's a usual scum tell", because that literally came out of nowhere on an IC's first post.
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Looking for guides? :D

Check out the LGBTAI+ Thread!

Rickdaily12
FM Awards: Town

Postby teamalex » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:14 am

People do reaction tests for possible scumslips, right? Or is there more to it?

Retral, if you want to be taken seriously, please don't joke around like that. I know it's Day 1 but still... I don't like it.
teamalex
Witch
Witch

Postby Rickdaily12 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:17 am

teamalex wrote:People do reaction tests for possible scumslips, right? Or is there more to it?

Well, reaction tests pretty much almost always go one of two ways:

1. ["You basically said X > Y earlier, remember? But now you're saying X < Y"] <- is a lie
2. ["Someone's night action said you did Y instead of X."] <- also a lie

Both of which can be circumstantially helpful for the Town, but this isn't one of those cases, and probably won't be for a while, I feel.
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Rickdaily12

Postby RetralMega » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:33 am

Yeah, I'll just fade out into the background until Day 2 when I can do some reads after we have more information and what-not.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby Rickdaily12 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:35 am

RetralMega wrote:Yeah, I'll just fade out into the background until Day 2 when I can do some reads after we have more information and what-not.

... I get that you're new and all, but I'm being triggered hardcore right now. Again- if you're a nervous Town member, this is BAD to be doing.

Otherwise this is screaming of scum to me and I don't like it at all.

Rickdaily12

Postby ItsmeCreature » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:36 am

Well, we still have six hours to chat. So unless we can end the day earlier, why not keep the conversation?
NFM8: Investigator - Loss
NFM9: Consigliere - Loss
CFM14: Engineer - Win
9B: Citizen - (Surely will be a) Loss
9C: Replaced out
9E: Ongoing
ItsmeCreature
Medium
Medium

Postby ryanyb » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:41 pm

I want to read over everything said so far and make, not a lengthy accusatory post, but just my feelings regarding certain players. I'm busy rn so post will probably come in an hour or shortly after.
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby ryanyb » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:50 pm

I recommend others do the same by the end of the day or the start of the next. Lots of players have been lurking or flat out absent. It's probably going to be helpful to give a little summary on every player (without any sort of gut scumreading) for the sake of coherency in our day two arguments. Might as well all be on the same page, and a quick summary never hurts.

Everyone has bias so people will phrase their summaries differently, so I think i'd be cool if we got as many people to do this as possible, and find the similarities and differences between our player summaries.
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby Rickdaily12 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:26 pm

ryanyb wrote:I recommend others do the same by the end of the day or the start of the next. Lots of players have been lurking or flat out absent. It's probably going to be helpful to give a little summary on every player (without any sort of gut scumreading) for the sake of coherency in our day two arguments. Might as well all be on the same page, and a quick summary never hurts.

So basically reads. Unless you're suggesting some sort of alternative behavior analysis- which I don't quite get why you're suggesting this.

Also, lots? The only three players I'd really call lurking so far are Leese, King, and Arpitr.

Rickdaily12

Postby ryanyb » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:45 pm

@rick I'm not trying to suggest the reasoning behind behavior, just show behavior, odd or not. There's lots of things that haven't been noted yet, notably contradictions between one's own posts. This might all eventually be ignored and dismissed, but I still feel that it would be good to summarize what people have done or haven't done. (Again, first FM game so I'm not sure if this ends up being a good idea or not. You did the same thing in FM2, although a bit different).

Leese
Spoiler: I missed something in my review or there has been little/nothing said which can demonstrate behavior.

Kingfudge
Spoiler: I missed something in my review or there has been little/nothing said which can demonstrate behavior.

Creature
Spoiler: Creature begins by claiming that D1 doesn't matter, then later says that D1 is as important as all other days and insists that we use the time we have to get as much conversation as possible.
Two posts claims that he will be dead due to mafia tonight. The second post occurs after the oddity of his actions was highlighted.

Retral
Spoiler: Multiple claims that K1ll is scum.
As cow highlighted, there is this weird line:
RetralMega wrote:K1ll, sorry for choosing you as my hunch. It means literally nothing. But if you are scum, I fucking told you guys so!
. Follows with saying he would fade to the background until D2, then promptly continues prompting for conversation.

Arpitr20

Xanet
Spoiler: Soft claim's town with the line about mafia framing him and cow after killing. Seemed out of place given the rest of his posts were from a relatively neutral perspective.

Lucas8411

teamalex

ryanyb/A Lamp - idfk

Melanora
Spoiler: Stays pretty neutral while giving advice.
Opposes cow at the scum claim against K1ll but no mention of Petral's claim.

The Cow
Spoiler: First post calling K1ll scum
Says that it's not his job to help new players, then begins answering questions from us.

K1ll
Spoiler: Seems pretty neutral, like a more violent version of melanora.
Opposes Cow when he scum claims, but doesn't mention Petral

Rick
Spoiler: Starts with neutral advice posts, but then begins using language like "we" when referencing the town.
Only one who has called out Petral on his scum claim.
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby ryanyb » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:47 pm

I had forgotten that there so few players when I said that there were "lots" of lurking/absent players. I mis-spoke, my bad.
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby RetralMega » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:07 pm

ryanyb wrote:Multiple claims that K1ll is scum.
As cow highlighted, there is this weird line:
. Follows with saying he would fade to the background until D2, then promptly continues prompting for conversation.

My last post was me saying I was fading into the background. What do you mean I promptly continued prompting for conversation?
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby Rickdaily12 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:18 pm

ryanyb wrote:I still feel that it would be good to summarize what people have done or haven't done. (Again, first FM game so I'm not sure if this ends up being a good idea or not. You did the same thing in FM2, although a bit different).

Wowza. I didn't even remember doing this two years ago. Old habits die hard, I guess.

I'm shocked you thought to even read Episode 2, heh. Usually me saying I miss 2014 FM Meta leads people like Cow spanking me for being old school.

Rickdaily12

Postby Rickdaily12 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:39 pm

Sorry for double posting (so long in between, too) but it kinda only just dawned on me. Ryan, you're asking people to summarize the actual moves players have made so far. You're also asking us to take reads entirely out of the consideration in that analysis.

Well, from where I'm standing, that's looking fairly objective. Meaning, it has to be fact/logic based that people have done/taken certain actions in their posts so far, while asking us to remove all opinion of why people have taken those actions.

If you're asking for a completely linear and objective summary of all taken actions, why ask everyone to do it if all our posts would say the same thing?

Rickdaily12

Postby ryanyb » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:40 pm

Ty for catching me Retral, I messed up and I confused you and Creature when I said that you continued posting after you said you would back out. My bad. If I could edit the post I would. :(
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby ItsmeCreature » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:47 pm

[quote=ryanyb]Creature begins by claiming that D1 doesn't matter[/quote]

I agree saying "D1 doesn't matter" wasn't the right word. As k1ll says, pratically anything said is WIFOM.

[quote=ryanyb] then later says that D1 is as important as all other days and insists that we use the time we have to get as much conversation as possible.[/quote]

Well, if we got Day One, we should use it for something.

[quote=ryanyb]Two posts claims that he will be dead due to mafia tonight. The second post occurs after the oddity of his actions was highlighted.
[/quote]

Might've exaggerated on this one, but I think we shouldn't be like "Mafia will kill X tonight to frame Y"

Also, I noticed you rated some people as neutral, seems like you're indirectly defending them.
ItsmeCreature
Medium
Medium

Postby ItsmeCreature » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:49 pm

Heh, something went wrong with the quotes.
ItsmeCreature
Medium
Medium

Postby Rickdaily12 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:50 pm

You need Quotations around the names of the people you're trying to quote. ;)

Rickdaily12

Postby KingFudge » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:57 pm

Oh shit. I thought NFM8 would start after 7 was finished.I screwed up. Might have been expecting a pm with game start. Oh well.
KingFudge
Medium
Medium

Postby Rickdaily12 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:01 pm

Holy shit, addicting GIFs are back... It's like Kitsu all over again xD

Rickdaily12

Postby ryanyb » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:09 pm

@rick To be honest I wasn't too sure what I was hoping to accomplish because you make a good point. I was asking other people to do it or at least check me (like Retral did) to make sure that I didn't say anything false. I don't want y'all making all of your reads off of my summary of people because 1) I might have missed/overstated something and 2) IN THEORY, I could be purposefully stressing/de-emphasizing certain people/situations for a personal agenda. Again, this is why I wanted other people to make a similar post or at the very least fact check me.

My goal was to make that an objective post, but not to make this game fully objective, obviously. The strongest conclusions are mixes of both subjective and objective reasoning and fact.

@ItsmeCreature by neutral I mean that they have not indicated through their text any alignment towards town or against it. It is not a personal statement of my views of them or their play.
I accidentally read one of your posts prompting for conversation as one of Retral's. My bad.
I agree, conversation is good. I was just stating it as others might make more use of that fact than I will. It's a public view of yours so I wrote it down. That's not a bad thing :)

Again, I am not staying there is anything good or bad about these behaviors that I stated (except that one that I just voiced my opinion on) above. As Rick said, this was objective, so my personal opinions I tried to exclude in my original post.
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby Rickdaily12 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:55 pm

Well, I don't suppose we're going to hear from our lurkers before the Day End, then? :? Like, Fudge- that isn't really a welcome post, but hey- I think I understand. As for Leese and Arpitr... well, there's always tomorrow, I guess.

If you have any last concerns about our lack of Night Action plan tonight, voice em now :P

Rickdaily12

Postby ryanyb » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:03 pm

Tbh I'd like either Cow, Rick, or Retral searched by TI. Besides that, TP should do what their gut tells them I guess.
Town Investigative
Town Protective
Town Killing
Random Town
Random Town
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen

Mafioso OR Janitor OR Consigliere
Consigliere OR Framer OR Consort
Blackmailer OR Disguiser OR Mafioso

Witch
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby ItsmeCreature » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:15 pm

All my (basic) scum-readings so far:

Leese: Commented nothing else but "wow how informative d1 was"
KingFudge: His only post was an excuse.
ItsmeCreature: Hi, this is just me, my scum-reads and ISO.
RetralMega: Came accusing K1ll then "faded away"
Arpitr20: Looks like he posted something meaningless just to avoid prod, probably not wanting attention.
Xanet734: Trying to create confusion.
lucas8411: Did nothing but give tips.
teamalex: Also a tip-no-read.
ryanyb: Doesn't seem to agree with anyone, but also refused to say anything about the lurkers.
melanora: Is somewhat against K1ll.
TheCow: Trying to act nice.
K1llthestory: Wants to delay the leads?
Rickdaily12: Somewhat against Retral and TheCow.
ItsmeCreature
Medium
Medium

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads