[Newcomer FM] NFM7 | Game Over (Town Wins)

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: [Newcomer FM] NFM7 | Day Two

Postby Mroz4k » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:18 am

Anyways, no kill Mafia = 1 more potential misslynch. So we have that going for us, at least.

With that said, we should definitedly lynch today. If nothing else, it will be an information lynch. Naturally we just started so I dont have a suspect yet, but it would be great if everyone started posting more, to get a chance to read everyone properly, rather then having to resort to lynching a null read for thread-dodging.

Since we can afford to make a mistake, we should definitedly lynch today.

(Tip for newbies: If you are getting voted and you are somewhere past half till majority, hard-claim! It may be the only way to save yourself at that point. Also, if you are like a Vet, dont claim stuff like Town Protective etc - at the very least, pretend to be Vigilante if anything. But saying you are Vet is better - not only you are not lying, but you are not risking that the real Town Protective will reveal to counterclaim you, or that they will try to protect you... and die to alert.

If you are Town, you shouldnt be lying, period)
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Mroz4k » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:24 am

TrueGent wrote:I highly doubt Mafia didn't attack, especially in a game this small. A successful N1 kill puts Mafia in a much better situation than any amount of information would.
The most likely solution to the nokill is that the Witch was attacked and I'm probably going to assume that from now on.

Its the most likely scenario, for sure. Its even more scary considering there might be a Blackmailer, capable of contacting the Witch. Lets hope Mafia didnt find the Witch - if they start networking together, it will only get from bad to worse from now on.

At least we are in better position lynch-wise because of it.
ladd wrote:It's morning in the USA I expect the activity to pick up.

yea, I´ve heard that one before.

Didnt really pick up on the Day 1 in the end either. Some people have yet to confirm themselves, too. This is going to be a headeache of a game.
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Cyantic » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:37 am

Kinda skimmed the past page. I was attacked but healed, so it doesn't appear to be supremely relevant now. I'll look over it in depth later once I get back from school.
Spoiler: Image
Cyantic
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby Mroz4k » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:06 am

Cyantic wrote:Kinda skimmed the past page. I was attacked but healed, so it doesn't appear to be supremely relevant now. I'll look over it in depth later once I get back from school.

Well, that settles my apocalypse scenarios of triple Consigliere conspiracies, then.

So it feels that Mafia just failed to kill thanks to protective. I guess it makes sense for Maf to go for Cyantic since he is one of the IC´s. This is some good news. Knowing that we have a Doctor is also pretty good, it doesnt really help the scum in locating them, but it makes the rest of Protective claims for different roles a little bit less likely to work, giving less serious claimspace to Mafia.
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:34 am

Mroz4k wrote:
Cyantic wrote:Kinda skimmed the past page. I was attacked but healed, so it doesn't appear to be supremely relevant now. I'll look over it in depth later once I get back from school.

Well, that settles my apocalypse scenarios of triple Consigliere conspiracies, then.

So it feels that Mafia just failed to kill thanks to protective. I guess it makes sense for Maf to go for Cyantic since he is one of the IC´s. This is some good news. Knowing that we have a Doctor is also pretty good, it doesnt really help the scum in locating them, but it makes the rest of Protective claims for different roles a little bit less likely to work, giving less serious claimspace to Mafia.

Yeah, Town Protective is a semi-popular claims. The Citizen claims are what we need to be wary of, as they are easy to fake due to an exclude of night action.

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9
FM Awards: Town

Postby Mroz4k » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:49 am

ChubbyMooshroom9 wrote:
Mroz4k wrote:

Yeah, Town Protective is a semi-popular claims. The Citizen claims are what we need to be wary of, as they are easy to fake due to an exclude of night action.

Can you elaborate on the Night confirmation issue?

As in, did you sleep peacefully or did something happen to you?
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby CreeperJoe » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:40 am

Slept peacefully, sorry for the late response but our schools are pleb and don't give free wifi.
Adun Toridas.

I mostly look at Role Ideas, give positive criticism and what-not and some other stuff. PM me if you want me to look at yours.
CreeperJoe
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Mroz4k » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:02 am

Mroz4k wrote:
ChubbyMooshroom9 wrote: Spoiler:
Mroz4k wrote:Well, that settles my apocalypse scenarios of triple Consigliere conspiracies, then.

Can you elaborate on the Night confirmation issue?

As in, did you sleep peacefully or did something happen to you?

Guess not. .___.

Anyways, it seems with Cyan´s confirmation that he got attacked and healed solved the mystery of no kill.

What Mafia roles do you guys consider to be most dangerous to us?

IMO its probably Consigliere or Janitor. Especially Janitor is going to hurt a lot if he is in the game. Cleaned targets will be a headache to deal with if it comes down to massclaiming.
Consigliere is naturally a problem. No matter what he does, he is going to provide Maf with useful info. As in people who are Citizens, to not waste night kill on them, or people who are actual roles, to remove them off the board as soon as possible to prevent them from finding out the Mafia.
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby TheCow » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:08 am

Cy, my scumdar is malfunctioning. Is everyone in this thread really this scummy?
TheCow
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby EvilDeanius0 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:13 am

ChubbyMooshroom9 - ???
Beacauseiambatman - Slept peacefully
EvilDeanius0 - Slept peacefully
LucentDancer33 - Slept peacefully
Mroz4k - Slept peacefully
Retterime - Slept peacefully
cr33p3r515 - ???
ThePixelation - ???
CreeperJoe - Slept peacefully
TheCow - Slept peacefully
Cyantic - Attacked and Healed
ladd - Slept peacefully
TrueGent - Slept peacefully

So this is what we currently have. I think Pixelation and Cr33p3r515 will be prodded soon, so if Chubby confirms that he slept peacefully, then that means we are still missing a Witch action.

Here are the possibilities:
1) Pixelation, Cr33p3r515 or ChubbyMooshroom9 was controlled by the witch.
2) A mafia member was controlled and lied about it.
3) A Marshal scared the witch off.
4) The Witch chose not to act.

Option 2 definitely seems the most plausible to me. I can't see the witch choosing to control any of those players, and a Marshal seems less likely now there is probably a Doctor. Is there even a reason for the Witch to choose not to control? Unless the Witch is one of the inactive people.

As for the most dangerous mafia role, I would say Janitor, Consig or Consort. A janitor will give alot of claimspace to the mafia towards the end of the game. A Consig would help them find high priority targets (or the witch) and a Consort would stop any TI/TP roles they find from acting.
FM Record: 39 - 61
EvilDeanius0
FM Awards: Neutral
FM Awards: Neutral

Postby Mroz4k » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:26 am

TheCow wrote:Cy, my scumdar is malfunctioning. Is everyone in this thread really this scummy?

Hello, ParaNeasans.

Anyways, given how inactive this game is, I dont think we will really need ISOs in general, but since I am bored and noone wants to discuss anything with me, I composed all the ISOs for players anyways (cause Arc is too lazy)

(For those who dont know: ISO = Isolation Its written in the first OP so you should know but still... - It has two meanings, I found. First one, its a URL thingy that helps you look at posts from a specific user. Its quite handy if you want to focus on a specific player, and what they are saying. Its usually mainly useful in threads that othervise have 100 or more pages, to let you see what that player said in entire game.

the second is a specific type of post - where you look at the ISO URL of a player, and re-quote specific quotes from their entire game that you find scummy.)

ISO URLs for everyone in-game:

ChubbyMooshroom9
becauseimbatman
EvilDeanius0
LucentDancer33
Mroz4k
Retterime
cr33p3r515
ThePixelation
CreeperJoe
TheCow
Cyantic
ladd
TrueGent
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Mroz4k » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:42 am

EvilDeanius0 wrote:Option 2 definitely seems the most plausible to me. I can't see the witch choosing to control any of those players, and a Marshal seems less likely now there is probably a Doctor. Is there even a reason for the Witch to choose not to control? Unless the Witch is one of the inactive people.

I can see several reasons as to why a Town member wouldnt want to say they were controlled, either.

Not saying anything about it may imply to Witch to target someone else, since it did not bother you that you were witched to say anything about it. Even more, Witch might assume you are a Mafia member wrongfully, and stop controlling you, letting you do your night actions in peace.

Considering we have Witch in game confirmed by slot, I dont really see much of a reason to claim you WERE witched in the first place, other then in your Last Will, of course, of if Lookout reveals and says they watched someone visit you on night you got witched. I mean, obviously someone in the game is getting witched... but by saying anything about it, you are pretty telling the Witch to control you again, because the control had some sort of an effect on you.
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby TheCow » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:43 am

aaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
/vote mroz
TheCow
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby Mroz4k » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:50 am

Then again, its still pretty edgy IMO, as not saying anything about being witched means you are not giving information to the Town, and if you got counterclaimed later in the game, and suddenly claimed you were witched on that night, it might be seen as a mighty scummy move. It has its advantages and disadvantages.

And its also a possibility that Maf member got controled but didnt say anything about it. But I am not honestly too surprised noone claimed controlled. And I dont think one of those dodgers were controled, unless Witch thought they were in Mafia and wanted to give the Mafia a lending hand... which honestly doesnt seem very likely.

TheCow wrote:aaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
/vote mroz

Is this some sort of reaction test or something?

Cause I am really not in mood for reaction tests... like ever again.

So, what exactly is this for?
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby TrueGent » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:01 am

Mroz4k wrote:but by saying anything about it, you are pretty telling the Witch to control you again, because the control had some sort of an effect on you.

Weren't you the one to say that a town member shouldn't ever lie?
Why the contradiction?
she/her
TrueGent
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby Mroz4k » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:22 am

TrueGent wrote:
Mroz4k wrote:but by saying anything about it, you are pretty telling the Witch to control you again, because the control had some sort of an effect on you.

Weren't you the one to say that a town member shouldn't ever lie?
Why the contradiction?

If I were to be a Town protective, getting witched, and acknowledged I was getting witched, it would be like telling the Witch to control me again, cause of that acknowledgement. My ability as Town Protective would be then useless. I´d rather not get controled again, even if that means lying to Town. Its kind of the same thing like softclaiming a Citizen when you are actually a different Town role... its not like you are outright lying... but a deception like this doesnt really hurt the Town, but hurts the scum/helps the Town.

On top of that, saying it outloud means everyone can do it from now on - it essentially screws the Witch entirely. I mean, shouldnt you, the IC´s, be the ones to explain this shit to newbies? Tactics and stuff... yes, general rule is to NOT lie as a Town member. But general rule has usually some exceptions to it + I already adressed that this constitutes as "lying" to Town, and you are risking that revealing this later on to contradict someone else might be perceived scummy.

A newbie commented they dont understand why there is no "witched" message. I explained why its beneficial for the Town member not to say anything about getting Witched, either.

Why is it better for Citizen to not state they were doused? Because if they were doused already, they are as good as dead, eventually. By not stating it, other scum like Mafia may still attack them if they try hard enough, wasting a kill for the Arsonist. AKA, a good Citizen wouldnt reveal getting doused, if anything, the only person to admit getting doused should be the first person who gets doused. And, usually, if someone else reveals this, its a good chance they are a Mafia member, saying it just to get a free pass from getting lynched (cause they are as good as dead anyways so why waste a lynch).

This is same scenario, basically. Its not like you are lying about anything ground-breaking, if we all already know there is a Witch to begin with... but if you are one of the better Town roles, you dont want to get re-witched multiple times, stopping you from getting shit done with your night ability. Similar to the douse case, in this case, you are protecting yourself from getting re-witched.

IMO, a Citizen would on the other hand probably claim they were Witched, cause witching a Citizen does nothing - so why not make the Witch think I am some sort of a role with Night Action, one that gets defensive from the Witching? As a Cit who got witched, I´d probably make a pissed comment about it, to encourage Witch from doing it again.

Thats my entire post process behind this.
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Mroz4k » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:25 am

Mroz4k wrote:Thats my entire post process behind this.

thought

(thats what I get for re-writing a sentence from middle, rather then just deleting it entirely and write it again :D)
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Retterime » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:29 am

/vote mroz

uhh... what was that for?

I presume it's a reaction test.
if you see me around nowadays it's because i am beyond bored
Retterime
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Mroz4k » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:48 am

Retterime wrote:
/vote mroz

Probably.

Or I said something to trigger him. But honestly, with Cow, I never really know. Tbh his whole gameplay style triggers me in general.

I would have FOSed him for this if this wasnt how he usually plays.

Anyways yea, I think the benefits of not saying anything about being Witched as a Town are better then saying, considering we know Witch is on the rolelist. I´d chart it on -mid experienced- strats for Town, IMO (a friend gave me this tip for NFM when we were discussing FMs once)
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:56 am

I slept peacefully.

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby Mroz4k » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:32 pm

ChubbyMooshroom9 wrote:I slept peacefully.

So, basically the only two people who have not yet confirmed their status in the game to begin with have not responded.

Since there is no witched target, or at least noone who spoke up, its also possible one of them might be the Witch. Hopefully they will appear one day to contradict that.

FOS cr33p3r515 & ThePixelation
for not confirming their status into the game, which is a bit suspicious considering we are on a Day 2 and there is no "witched" target. (I will remove it once they do)
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby CreeperJoe » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:36 pm

Retterime wrote:
/vote mroz

Some kind of next-gen play that nobody can grasp because it is above our mortal level of understanding.
Adun Toridas.

I mostly look at Role Ideas, give positive criticism and what-not and some other stuff. PM me if you want me to look at yours.
CreeperJoe
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Cyantic » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:38 pm

ow

okay so rn i don't really have time for anything but mroz don't use fos unless it's for a pseudo vote. it's pointless, especially for inactivity
Spoiler: Image
Cyantic
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby TheCow » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:42 pm

Cy, wake me up inside. What do you feel about a Ladd wagon?
TheCow
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby ladd » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:52 pm

So I am on phone rn, but Ciw how do you feel about answering my questions?

And Mroz your posts are hard to read.

Gonna be back later.
ladd

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads