Episode VIII | Game Over (The One with the Ending)

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: Episode VIII | Day Two (The One where the Mafia dies)

Postby leyva45 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:09 pm

SamuelJackson1972 wrote:
leyva45 wrote:I suspect Mole, Zero, Samuel, and Downie of being sk, based of SK's kill target.

I make bold kills, actually.
Remember when I was the Underboss?
TheCow
Invenio
So yeah, but think what you like, I won't stop you.

You just self-incriminated yourself by saying that. Invenio was a risky kill for mafia. Anyways, out of all my SK suspects, I'd have to say Downie is my highest one likely to be scum,I don't recall him ever playing a game with Dizzy, I'd put Zero at 2nd for the same reason as downie, but it's kind of hard to read zero, since he contributes nothing. Mole being least likely, since he's had a bit experience with Dizzy already pretty sure, I put him on the list because, he's a bit new. Samuel floats in the middle, since I'm not too sure how he plays, I put him in the list since he's a newer aplayer.
leyva- le discord
leyva45
[Forum Mafia IV] Winner
[Forum Mafia IV] Winner

Postby SamuelJackson1972 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:14 pm

Nellyfox wrote:Doesn't matter what you've done in past games. What matters is now. And now you've hardly been doing anything.

I am not a great conversation starter, especially when we have practically no leads besides vet, jailor, the role blocker, and TP being taken.
I would rather stay quiet then fluff, you know.
DragCave:
Image ImageImage
Spoiler: Image
Thanks burgy! :D
SamuelJackson1972
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby Nellyfox » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:26 pm

You can still contribute to conversation. You don't need to lead.
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby Salense » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:27 pm

Invenio wrote:I have a hunch that scum is trying to push an easy mislynch on mole.

I mean from what I can tell, no one has really had been calling him scummy other than you, Nelly, and Von. I haven't really seen anyone else call him scummy at all.

Personally, I don't really see Moleland as that scummmy, his posts are just kind of giving me the bad town member read rather than coming off as scum /shrug

and honestly I don't really see what exactly your "Reaction Test" really proved about Von sheeping, it really just looked like you were just calling some random post of yours from D1 a "Reaction Test" after Stella called it out.

SamuelJackson1972 wrote:
leyva45 wrote:I suspect Mole, Zero, Samuel, and Downie of being sk, based of SK's kill target.

I make bold kills, actually.
Remember when I was the Underboss?
TheCow
Invenio
So yeah, but think what you like, I won't stop you.

Using Meta from previous games is a pretty bad argument, plus Leyva was talking about SK not mafia.
Salense
Patron
Patron

Postby pretzellover33 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:54 pm

Anon wanting to policy lynch mel doesn't mean she's cleared at all.
Bussing is a tactic.
Now we're too far into #possibilities territory, retreat

wait what was anon's reason
wht
b
e
n

i
s
l
a
n
d
pretzellover33
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Nellyfox » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:57 pm

Anon wanting to policy shoot Mel doesn't mean anything, not because of bussing, but because of communication between mafia members...
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby pretzellover33 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:59 pm

Arcthurus wrote:Player's ISO:
Spoiler: Soon(tm)

r u kidding me

ok found it
Anonymous0726 wrote:Mkay, let's see.
Metrion wrote:Who would everyone policy shoot right now if they had the option to do so?

Ronit or Melanora. Ronit because, as others have said, he rarely does much good for the town. Mela, because you can never trust Rick Mela.

Nellyfox wrote:Anon wanting to policy shoot Mel doesn't mean anything, not because of bussing, but because of communication between mafia members...

yeah that too
wasn't the communication just bussing though
bc he wanted to kill her
b
e
n

i
s
l
a
n
d
pretzellover33
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Nellyfox » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:00 pm

Not really, unless he kept it up.
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby melanora » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:00 pm

Honest question, how does he even know who I am? I've never even played with him before. I would agree that it doesn't clear me, but it also doesn't condemn me.
#overthrowthepatriarchy #babyforfmmod
I'm not a fucking gmod. Don't send me shit about your ban appeal.

FM Record
melanora
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby pretzellover33 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:03 pm

melanora wrote:Honest question, how does he even know who I am? I've never even played with him before. I would agree that it doesn't clear me, but it also doesn't condemn me.

you won as a serial killer
not that hard to miss
b
e
n

i
s
l
a
n
d
pretzellover33
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Nellyfox » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:22 pm

melanora wrote:Honest question, how does he even know who I am? I've never even played with him before. I would agree that it doesn't clear me, but it also doesn't condemn me.

People read games.
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby melanora » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:33 pm

... still.

Anyways, why is Mole being scumread? I apparently missed it.
#overthrowthepatriarchy #babyforfmmod
I'm not a fucking gmod. Don't send me shit about your ban appeal.

FM Record
melanora
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Moleland » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:33 pm

*Shrug* If stating an opinion is scummy then who knows. I wasn't fishing day 1. That is a ridiculous accusation. You could argue that it was fluff, but I really expected no answers. :roll:
Host record
Spoiler: CofC 1 Tilted, PitIcarus and Lokiben WIN
CofC 2 NDM, Elusive, Sircakez, Swampy157, Kirize12, Transportowiec96, Moon and Samuel WIN
Fort: Tower EOTT WIN
Cluafia 1 Innocents WIN
CofC 3 Chubby WIN
Cluafia 2 Innocents WIN
CofC 4 Samuel, Elusive and PKR WIN
Pokémon BtM EOTT WIN
GIBtM Samuel WIN
T&E BtM BRVR WIN
Moleland
[Forum Mafia VIII] Winner

Postby datdownie » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:40 pm

Alright I caught up. I slept peacefully and I might as well put out the scum reads translating to D1 to D2...

Current Reads:
Spoiler: VonAntarctic - Slight Town, gives several contributing posts, not too worried about Von.

Zero - Scum, posts a small one-liner, only 4 posts, please give more time to this game.

Invenio - Town/Neutral, cannot be mafia if protected, still can be SK tho. Don't count that out.

DizzyWaddleDoo - No remorse, had a feeling he was scum thru D1.

Salense - Town likely, posts well enough to have quality over quantity.

Akame - Slight Neutral, can't tell if serious or not, until then, may or may not be town.

Moleland - Town Citizen, can tell from only the non-sufficient posts, but is going along with the town.

Loominaty - Slight Scum, shitposts a bit in D1, no saying in D2 thus far, would like to hear from him...

Melanora - Town Citizen/Unpredictable, nothing can be said to Mel until further reviewed.

ADorkOfPork/Stellaluna - Neutral/Slight Town - There is a groove that Stel has and I can see it. Pork also claimed he was jailed, so he can't be SK.

matthew8367 - RIP, unfortunately, I thought he'd be Mafia, but hell I was wrong.

Nellyfox - No Read, because she claimed Town, should be either Citizen or some other role.

leyva45 - Town Citizen/Neutral, have no idea what I can conclude so that's that for the old leyva.

pretzellover33 - Scum?, had a hint there skewing Invenio's words awkwardly. Still, can still be anything.

ronit RIP, he DID contribute a GF kill guys. Nice job man.

Metrion - ???, asked for protection D1, could be a tactical mafia player, an important town role, or a luring neutral.

Anonymous0726 - No need for remorse. No read on him on D1.

SamuelJackson1972 - Town Citizen/Neutral, he has no clue what to do with his bare hands, just saying.

datdownie - *looks at my own posts* I'm a total noob at this.

spretznaz - Town/Neutral, claims he didn't need to look at his attributes D1, can it mean something?

"Determination, the ability to move forward despite any possible hardship, the promise to return for a second chance no matter how much you're beaten and bloody. The power of Determination has sculpted legends for all of humanity, impossible feats, one in a million shots made like they're nothing, while those that pull them off stand alone."

If you want to find me, hop onto Board Game Online <3

Discord: Downie#0904
datdownie
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby Nellyfox » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:05 pm

Are we still on the whole "nelly claimed town omg!" thing ?
Hello yes I'm town. Considering my record, not matter what role I'm claiming town so I'm not sure why you're surprised.

And is that really your "scum list" ? I'm...not really impressed.
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby pretzellover33 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:08 pm

downie, you only mentioned one d1 read. ._.

Spretz claimed non-mafia. If he didnt look at his rolecard and was mafia he still would have noticed the big honking mafia chat
b
e
n

i
s
l
a
n
d
pretzellover33
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Metrion » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:12 pm

Moleland wrote:
Invenio wrote:
Moleland wrote:So, what do people make of the role list?

Role list is pretty good. Low chance of two NK's. High chance of bomber with multiple NE's. At least we'll know for certain what roles there are sense Prankster isn't in this game.

Yeah, that's a good point. I wonder if anyone originally rolled spy or agent?

Where is Neasans? Anyway, whether fishing is a Mafia/SK tell or not is debatable but whether or not it helps town or not is certainly not. Thus it's inherently scummy, please keep this in mind people.

Moleland wrote:Possible metagame theory. Do you think pork replaced out because he list 2 scum buddies first night?

I don't like when people try to use meta as their reasoning for scummying up people, personal meta isn't bad but when it's flat out because of something like replacing it just feels like you're intentionally rousing suspicion with an invalid reasoning that doesn't really have to explained as a direct read but just written off as meta.

Moleland wrote:*Shrug* If stating an opinion is scummy then who knows. I wasn't fishing day 1. That is a ridiculous accusation. You could argue that it was fluff, but I really expected no answers. :roll:

So just because you didn't expect anything to happen, means that you never even tried? You totally threw a line out.

These are the only posts I don't really like about Moleland.

-The Fish
-The scummy up of a slot for replacing out
-The deny of the fishing

Overall I don't think that's a strong basis for a scum read so Mole is still good in my books.

Speaking of not helpful actions, why did you specifically read people as Cit Downie? >_>
Metrion
FM Awards: Creator
FM Awards: Creator

Postby Nellyfox » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:14 pm

How is that first post fishing ? Like, I don't get why Mole asked that, pretty pointless and I see it more as clutter than anything.
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby Moleland » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:21 pm

Nellyfox wrote:How is that first post fishing ? Like, I don't get why Mole asked that, pretty pointless and I see it more as clutter than anything.

Thank you. I accept it could of been left unsaid.
Host record
CofC 2 NDM, Elusive, Sircakez, Swampy157, Kirize12, Transportowiec96, Moon and Samuel WIN
Cluafia 1 Innocents WIN
CofC 3 Chubby WIN
Cluafia 2 Innocents WIN
Pokémon BtM EOTT WIN
GIBtM Samuel WIN
T&E BtM BRVR WIN
Moleland

Postby Zero » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:32 pm

yea because i have not been on much today i must be evil right? you all need solid facts before you accuse people of being evil
Zero
Patron
Patron

Postby Loominaty » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:35 pm

Yo I'm still alive, sorry for reporting in late.

I slept peacefully :).

I'm extremely exhausted from today and wil join you with a fresh mind tomorrow... :|
ImageNOWImageTHATSImageWHATImageIImageCALLImageSCUMMYImage
Loominaty
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Nellyfox » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:49 pm

Zero you could help your case if, when you checked in, you had posts of quality that made up for your lack of presence...
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby Moleland » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:08 pm

Zero wrote:yea because i have not been on much today i must be evil right? you all need solid facts before you accuse people of being evil

Yeah, that's not going to change anyone's mind. A little defensive don't ya think?
Host record
Cluafia 1 Innocents WIN
CofC 3 Chubby WIN
Cluafia 2 Innocents WIN
Pokémon BtM EOTT WIN
GIBtM Samuel WIN
T&E BtM BRVR WIN
Moleland

Postby Moleland » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:19 pm

Moleland wrote:So, what do people make of the role list?

Metrion wrote:
Moleland wrote:
Invenio wrote:
Role list is pretty good. Low chance of two NK's. High chance of bomber with multiple NE's. At least we'll know for certain what roles there are sense Prankster isn't in this game.

Yeah, that's a good point. I wonder if anyone originally rolled spy or agent?

Where is Neasans? Anyway, whether fishing is a Mafia/SK tell or not is debatable but whether or not it helps town or not is certainly not. Thus it's inherently scummy, please keep this in mind people.

Yeah, no. If that is truly a scummy/fishing post today - then it was a scummy post yesterday as well. Why comment on it now? Hmm? Seems like someone is trying to press suspicion elsewhere?
Moleland wrote:Possible metagame theory. Do you think pork replaced out because he list 2 scum buddies first night?

I don't like when people try to use meta as their reasoning for scummying up people, personal meta isn't bad but when it's flat out because of something like replacing it just feels like you're intentionally rousing suspicion with an invalid reasoning that doesn't really have to explained as a direct read but just written off as meta.

The point about metagaming is... okish. However, I put to you sir the following. If you can honestly say you had no qualms or questions about someone reporting night results and then replacing out, then you are a better man than me I guess. If you think it is bad to try and make sense of things that at first glance don't make sense then gawd help us all
Moleland wrote:*Shrug* If stating an opinion is scummy then who knows. I wasn't fishing day 1. That is a ridiculous accusation. You could argue that it was fluff, but I really expected no answers. :roll:

So just because you didn't expect anything to happen, means that you never even tried? You totally threw a line out.

Nope. I honestly was just voicing something I was curious about. The fact that most of the players ignored the comment (as I expected) would somewhat confirm the fact that I expected nothing to be said about it

These are the only posts I don't really like about Moleland.

-The Fish
-The scummy up of a slot for replacing out
-The deny of the fishing

So I'm scummy for saying I didn't fish when I didn't and because I was trying to make sense of an unusual event? Ok then.
Host record
Cluafia 1 Innocents WIN
CofC 3 Chubby WIN
Cluafia 2 Innocents WIN
Pokémon BtM EOTT WIN
GIBtM Samuel WIN
T&E BtM BRVR WIN
Moleland

Postby stellaluna » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:15 pm

melanora wrote:... still.

Anyways, why is Mole being scumread? I apparently missed it.

From what I can tell most of it is just grasping at straws aside from his one rolefishing comment. As I've said before however, with the reputation rolefishing has on these forums, it's honestly more of a town tell than a scum tell by this point.
I still don't know what to think what to think about invenio's reaction test. It does seem pretty out-of-place for a reaction test, but would be far weirder than an actual scumslip. If it was a reaction test however, I have no idea why he did not mention that until I pointed out that he was one of the major pushers against mole the day before.
hi im stella and i like you

stellaluna
Godfather
Godfather

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads