VFM77 | Evolve Shaman Sucks | STOMP'D

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: VFM77 | Evolve Shaman Sucks | STOMP'D

Postby ZoruaLuhansk » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:37 am

Chemist1422 wrote:actually, i think this setup is kinda conceptually broken

generally the idea with varying power setups (such as D6 or C9+) is that if town get power, scum get something to compensate - this setup does the reverse

town can get randed all 6 roles and scum are just screwed by no fault of their own

fair enough
but it's different regardless of whether it's broken or not and entertaining the first time around
consider this account deleted
don't try to contact me unless I have you as a discord friend
ZoruaLuhansk
Spy
Spy

Postby Phone0Ix » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:55 am

UzayAltay wrote:Phone, let's forget what happened in the game, if It's play for you as well.

Ok
Call me Phone Ig

Or Silver because of my old discord name. Or Mikan because of my new discord name. Or Julian as that's my actual name
Phone0Ix
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner

Postby Phone0Ix » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:57 am

gg
Call me Phone Ig

Or Silver because of my old discord name. Or Mikan because of my new discord name. Or Julian as that's my actual name
Phone0Ix

Postby Phone0Ix » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:03 am

ZoruaLuhansk wrote:Serious props to
Poly, Ezra, Dolphina - for being players that can sometimes be really LHF, but put forth the effort and were really towny this game. Good job.
Obi, Fen - even though you low-posted, you still were able to help the town in a meaningful way and obvtown yourself.
Uzay, Hereis - I don't know how many time I've played v/v with you, but this time just worked. Paradisio gang gang.

Jeeper - you were super under-the-radar, but it worked, and you managed to dodge almost all pressure throughout the game. Jeeper lockscum from D1 selfvote though
Debil - You probably have a lot of practice with this, but you were extremely cool under the face of constant pressure from D2 onward. This won you the Kosmo ML, which was probably the most essential to the wolf win. I suck at keeping cool as wolf.
Rick - I don't even know what to say here. Excellent game in almost all respects. I can look back and see traces of agenda, but it's not even obvious in hindsight. Regardless of any of my gripes about voting out Poly or unlucky PR rands, you and your team deserved to win this game.
Cheeze - Good job at making yourself relatively not packwolfy through tone, instead of reads. As a traitor, staying alive is key and you did that well. Also the N1 heal was super on point and won the Yosh ML.

All in all, good play from both sides
Would play with you guys again

Smh complimenting everyone but me, Kosmo and Yosh
Call me Phone Ig

Phone0Ix

Postby lemonader666 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:05 am

Chemist1422 wrote:actually, i think this setup is kinda conceptually broken

generally the idea with varying power setups (such as D6 or C9+) is that if town get power, scum get something to compensate - this setup does the reverse

town can get randed all 6 roles and scum are just screwed by no fault of their own

I'll just make it a role madness next time ez

you can email me at lemonader666@gmail.com if need be
lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Jeeper5 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:07 am

kosmo16 wrote:As I am going to sleep and I would like to give you some time to think I will tell you what I know.

Night 1
What happened Night 1 wasn't a masterpiece plan created by Mafia but a pure accident. The one who rolled a Doctor was actually Mafia Traitor who thought that Eqsy is indeed scum. So he healed them. Only one death so Traitor figured out that he did a correct heal, was also aware that Eqsy would be healed only by mafia, so they stayed silent. Mafia also figured out that Traitor did a heal and were really happy to lynch Eqsy.
Night 2
Mafia got a gunsmith and a gun and didn't roll a lot of pr's beside that (maybe none). Why not a lot of PRs? Abstract and Ezra are not primary targets to protect, so they could be worried about some sort of protection from Town == Town had prs. Their only objective was to not hit the Traitor. They knew that ObiWan, Zorua, Debil, Kosmo and Abstract are not a doctor so they killed one of them. Why kill Ezra? Ezra also can't be a doc, because he was jailed Night 1.

I'm still impressed by this post.

Props to Cheeze for healing and framing Eqsy, and Rick for putting up with my wacky night action suggestions.

Also, we have this post from SFM77:
kosmo16 wrote:imo lynching me is objectively best decision, the problem is that after that you will get outplayed like 5-year old children by Debil and Jeeper. Zorua almost outplayed you.

I guess we got our revenge in VFM77.
37/222!

ISO generator for Python:
Spoiler:
Code: Select all
tN = input("Thread number: ")
pN = int(input("Number of players: "))
pL = []

for x in range(pN):
    pL.append(input("Player " + str(x+1) + " : "))

for x in pL:
    print("[url=https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/search.php?t=" + tN + "&author=" + x + "]" + x + "[/url]")
Jeeper5
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby ZoruaLuhansk » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:08 am

Phone0Ix wrote:
Poly, Ezra, Dolphina - for being players that can sometimes be really LHF, but put forth the effort and were really towny this game. Good job.
Obi, Fen - even though you low-posted, you still were able to help the town in a meaningful way and obvtown yourself.
Uzay, Hereis - I don't know how many time I've played v/v with you, but this time just worked. Paradisio gang gang.

Jeeper - you were super under-the-radar, but it worked, and you managed to dodge almost all pressure throughout the game. Jeeper lockscum from D1 selfvote though
Debil - You probably have a lot of practice with this, but you were extremely cool under the face of constant pressure from D2 onward. This won you the Kosmo ML, which was probably the most essential to the wolf win. I suck at keeping cool as wolf.
Rick - I don't even know what to say here. Excellent game in almost all respects. I can look back and see traces of agenda, but it's not even obvious in hindsight. Regardless of any of my gripes about voting out Poly or unlucky PR rands, you and your team deserved to win this game.
Cheeze - Good job at making yourself relatively not packwolfy through tone, instead of reads. As a traitor, staying alive is key and you did that well. Also the N1 heal was super on point and won the Yosh ML.

You probably played relatively well
I just
didn't notice because I was tunneled on you D2+
sorry

Dota played an average game imo
rip Eqsy/Yosh
ZoruaLuhansk
Spy
Spy

Postby TheDebil » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:09 am

welcome to kindergarden
TheDebil
St. Patrick's 2019 Winner

Postby Phone0Ix » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:10 am

ZoruaLuhansk wrote:
Phone0Ix wrote:

You probably played relatively well
I just
didn't notice because I was tunneled on you D2+
sorry

Dota played an average game imo
rip Eqsy/Yosh

Oh wait Dota also wasnt there. I counted 11 ppl, and figured you wouldnt be on it, so that 3 ppl would be missing. :thinking:
Call me Phone Ig

Phone0Ix

Postby ZoruaLuhansk » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:12 am

this is SFM77 but Debil and Jeeper don't get sweeped
I also don't get caught by lookout because I'm not Mafia, but
ZoruaLuhansk
Spy
Spy

Postby Jeeper5 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:13 am

Spoiler:
Jeeper5 wrote:
kosmo16 wrote:As I am going to sleep and I would like to give you some time to think I will tell you what I know.

Night 1
What happened Night 1 wasn't a masterpiece plan created by Mafia but a pure accident. The one who rolled a Doctor was actually Mafia Traitor who thought that Eqsy is indeed scum. So he healed them. Only one death so Traitor figured out that he did a correct heal, was also aware that Eqsy would be healed only by mafia, so they stayed silent. Mafia also figured out that Traitor did a heal and were really happy to lynch Eqsy.
Night 2
Mafia got a gunsmith and a gun and didn't roll a lot of pr's beside that (maybe none). Why not a lot of PRs? Abstract and Ezra are not primary targets to protect, so they could be worried about some sort of protection from Town == Town had prs. Their only objective was to not hit the Traitor. They knew that ObiWan, Zorua, Debil, Kosmo and Abstract are not a doctor so they killed one of them. Why kill Ezra? Ezra also can't be a doc, because he was jailed Night 1.

Props to Cheeze for healing and framing Eqsy, and Rick for putting up with my wacky night action suggestions.

kosmo16 wrote:imo lynching me is objectively best decision, the problem is that after that you will get outplayed like 5-year old children by Debil and Jeeper. Zorua almost outplayed you.

Coincidentally, I made this post in page 77.
37/222!

ISO generator for Python:
Spoiler:
Code: Select all
tN = input("Thread number: ")
pN = int(input("Number of players: "))
pL = []

for x in range(pN):
    pL.append(input("Player " + str(x+1) + " : "))

for x in pL:
    print("[url=https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/search.php?t=" + tN + "&author=" + x + "]" + x + "[/url]")
Jeeper5
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby AbstractGlacial » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:13 am

phone you take mafia games way too seriously
if you chill you will enjoy them much more trust me
AbstractGlacial
Civilian
Civilian

Postby ZoruaLuhansk » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:15 am

AbstractGlacial wrote:phone you take mafia games way too seriously

Trying hard is a gamble
if you chill, you have some fun probably
if you try hard and do well, it's very rewarding
if you try hard and don't do so well, it feels very bad
ZoruaLuhansk
Spy
Spy

Postby CheezePie » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:15 am

Jeeper5 wrote: Spoiler:
Jeeper5 wrote:

Night 1
Night 2

you're number 2 on the playerlist, jeeper5
2+5=7
CheezePie
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby AbstractGlacial » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:16 am

ZoruaLuhansk wrote:

Trying hard is a gamble

what outweighs it is that you will never rage when you chill but usually rage when you try hard
AbstractGlacial
Civilian
Civilian

Postby CheezePie » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:16 am

CheezePie wrote:
Jeeper5 wrote: Spoiler:
Jeeper5 wrote:

Night 1
Night 2

you're number 2 on the playerlist, jeeper5
2+5=7

and then u got kosmo16, 1+6=7, holy shit!!!
CheezePie
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby TheDebil » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:17 am

7 people are alive at the end of the game
TheDebil

Postby CheezePie » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:18 am

jeeper5 and kosmo16 are both 7 characters long
CheezePie
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby ZoruaLuhansk » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:19 am

AbstractGlacial wrote:
ZoruaLuhansk wrote:

Trying hard is a gamble

what outweighs it is that you will never rage when you chill but usually rage when you try hard

I don't rage anymore
I just cry myself to sleep after a bad game
ZoruaLuhansk
Spy
Spy

Postby AbstractGlacial » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:19 am

ZoruaLuhansk wrote:
AbstractGlacial wrote:
ZoruaLuhansk wrote:

Trying hard is a gamble

I don't rage anymore
I just cry myself to sleep after a bad game

that counts too
AbstractGlacial
Civilian
Civilian

Postby CheezePie » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:20 am

whenever i tryhard im just disappointed
therefore i have given up
CheezePie
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Phone0Ix » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:21 am

But if I'm motivated I wanna try to do as best as I can otherwise it's throwing

And if I barely do stuff I'm either frozen or anxious or just have super low wim or a combination of those

But why would I play chill when none of these reasons apply
Call me Phone Ig

Phone0Ix

Postby AbstractGlacial » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:32 am

Phone0Ix wrote:

But if I'm motivated I wanna try to do as best as I can otherwise it's throwing

And if I barely do stuff I'm either frozen or anxious or just have super low wim or a combination of those

But why would I play chill when none of these reasons apply

you can try your best while still chilling

just have a different mindset where all you care about is doing your best instead of winning or what other people do
AbstractGlacial
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Royee » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:33 am

can confirm
but usually someone will get mad at me
Recent Town game - 21A
Recent Mafia game - VFM73
Recent Neutral game - 17B