12XX | Mafia + Enchanter wins

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

12XX | Mafia + Enchanter wins

Postby Royee » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:41 am

12XX

Rules:
  • All Town of Salem Forums general rules apply.
  • Prevent doing anything that can hurt your alignment. Don't spam, jest, angelshoot, code-talk.
  • Outside of thread communication is not allowed unless I have given you permission.
  • Don't screen shoot or quote anything that I have sent to you privately.
  • Respect all the other players.
  • You must have at least 1 posts with content each 24 hours otherwise you receive a prod, further without talking if you fail to provide content after 16 hours you will get another prod which results in a force replacement. 2 prods are a forced replacement. Votes/indicating a player as T/S without saying much are not content.
  • Voting format is /vote [playername] and /vote unvote. Vote must be bold, any vote that is not in the same format will not be taken in account.
  • My host's color is #2F4F4F bold. Don't use it.

Setup:
  • Days are 48 hours and nights are 24 hours.
  • Mafia has 24/7 chat and a factional kill each night.
  • Full flips upon death.
  • Plurality and majority. In case of a draw there will be no lynch. If there are no lynches and mafia does not attack for 2 whole days in a row Mafia's factional kill is mandatory.
  • No kill credit.
  • Mafia is given safe claims.

Players:
  1. JacksonVirgo
  2. murat1996
  3. EvilDeanius0
  4. Jalandh
  5. Fenraiser
  6. kosmo16
  7. SprinklesOnADoughnut
  8. cob709
  9. TheDebil
  10. Jeeper5
  11. Cenvil2
  12. ZoruaLuhansk
  13. dota2reporter
  14. watchme1
  15. dolphina

backup:
TheFluffyWaffleV2
Last edited by Royee on Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:16 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Recent Town game - 21A
Recent Mafia game - VFM73
Recent Neutral game - 17B
Royee
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Re: 12XX | HOLD

Postby Royee » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:48 am

Alive:
Jalandh -> TheFluffyWaffleV2
Fenraiser
kosmo16
ZoruaLuhansk
dota2reporter* -> lemonader666 -> dota2reporter*
watchme1

Graveyard:
supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Cenvil2(Potion Master) - Voted off Day 1.
TheDebil(2x Cop) - Died Night 2.
murat1996*(3x Role Cop) - Voted off Day 3.
JacksonVirgo -> polypies73(Citizen) - Died Night 3.
EvilDeanius0*(Citizen) - Voted off Day 4.
Jeeper5(Inventor) - Died Night 4.
cob709*(Citizen) - Voted off Day 5.
SprinklesOnADoughnut(Citizen) - Voted off Day 6.
dolphina(Citizen) - Died Night 6.
Game Ends

ISO:
Royee
UzayAltay

JacksonVirgo -> polypies73
murat1996
EvilDeanius0
Jalandh -> TheFluffyWaffleV2
Fenraiser
kosmo16
SprinklesOnADoughnut
cob709
TheDebil
Jeeper5
Cenvil2
ZoruaLuhansk
dota2reporter -> lemonader666
watchme1
dolphina
Last edited by Royee on Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:19 pm, edited 22 times in total.
Recent Town game - 21A
Royee
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby Royee » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:59 am

D̷a̵y̴ ̴1̴ ̸h̵a̸s̷ ̶b̵e̸e̴n̵ ̴c̵o̷m̸m̷e̵n̶c̴e̴d̸,̷ ̸i̵t̵ ̵w̷i̷l̷l̴ ̵e̵n̵d̷ ̷i̷n̷ ̵4̸8̴ ̷h̸o̸u̴r̶s̸ ̶f̶r̷o̵m̶ ̸n̴o̶w̸ ̷o̷r̸ ̸w̶h̴e̵n̶ ̸a ̶m̴a̷j̶o̵r̸i̸t̶y̸ ̸h̴i̷t̶s̵.̸
Recent Town game - 21A
Royee
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby Jeeper5 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:00 am

Let's get this party started!

/vote Fenraiser
37/222!

ISO generator for Python:
Spoiler:
Code: Select all
tN = input("Thread number: ")
pN = int(input("Number of players: "))
pL = []

for x in range(pN):
    pL.append(input("Player " + str(x+1) + " : "))

for x in pL:
    print("[url=https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/search.php?t=" + tN + "&author=" + x + "]" + x + "[/url]")
Jeeper5
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: 12XX | D̷a̵y̴ ̴1̴

Postby SprinklesOnADoughnut » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:03 am

A quick note about WW theory and how I will play this game. Note that the arguments and facts presented here are indisputable, and that I will not engage in arguments about them, because those arguments are you wasting everyone else's time about meta that is well and comprehensively established. Go make reads so we can read you.

I've reflected on my role and realized that there is a GTO play for me in this game, and therefore I am compelled to pursue it. I am going to brute force my clearness immediately upon the opening of the thread.

I am hard-claiming, and I will never be rescinding. I am a member of Town.

Benefits:

1. I will survive tonight: I do not believe the wolves are able to kill me tonight, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would ever do this as a member of Town. The wolves have already been outplayed, as it were.

2. I'm lock clear: All of you already know I'm lock clear, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would do this as a wolf. You know this for at least two reasons. First, this is the easiest, lowest-stress, lowest-demand game to wolf in that I've ever played in (except for turbos). I have no need to complicate my life, as a wolf, by open-claiming on thread open, when all I have to do is provide like a C-level wolf game to probably win. This is the rare instance where you literally know that I have a billion other options as a wolf, AND that I would pursue probably ALL of them before pursuing this. Second, I engage in FPS exceedingly rarely, which necessarily means that I *know* that this will look WEIRD and SHOCKING to you. There is no merit to a wolf play that instantly generates WEIRD and SHOCKED responses that I would be obligated to finesse and manage for the remainder of the game. As a villager, which I am, the burden is totally on you to not **** up and lynch me. Makes my life super awesome.

3. There are only 13 players you need to try to read, rather than 14: I have already provided a "free" peek of me in a game with a mere 15 players. Our win equity is dramatically improved by my being entirely off the table for the entire game.

Conclusion:

The burden of sound reasoning is now entirely upon you. I am a member of Town, and thus a villager, and thus lock clear. The game is immediately simpler than it would otherwise have been, because of my decision. Now, let us enjoy that benefit and win the game.

Also, to preempt a lengthy and pointless discussion.

It is NOT dumb to ponder this post and convince yourself of its wisdom. That is your obligation as a villager, and I encourage you to think it over for as long as it takes to quell your (initially valid but ultimately unnecessary) concerns.

It IS dumb to, AFTER doing that pondering, conclude that I'm "neutral" or "wolfy." That is legitimately stupid, and I won't entertain it. ONE of the reasons it is a stupid conclusion is that the upside of this play as a wolf is absolutely DWARFED by the upside of this play as a villager. There is no equivalency between the EV gain for wolf-me in this position and villager-me in this position. They're universes apart. That means I wouldn't DO the poorer option of the two (by extension, wolf-me also wouldn't BELIEVE that I could convince the entire game of the truth of these assertions for the entire game, which as an end-game wolf I would have to believe if this strategem were to be worth pursuing). A SECOND reason that conclusion is stupid is that the EV bonus of oding this as a wolf is COMPLETELY DWARFED by me baseline wolf EV anyway. Anything that complicates my wolfing life is RIDICULOUSLY stupid for me to do, given that my wolfing life is ALREADY one of the smoothest, highest expectation wolfing lives in WW history anyway. A THIRD reason that conclusion is stupid is that you would probably have to worry about being EXPLOITED by this gambit in order to get there. However, I have NEVER engaged in this, or any similar, gambit in my entire career, meaning that if there IS exploitation to be had with this play, it is in FUTURE GAMES, not this game. For these reasons, pressuring me is extremely wolfy and should not be engaged in by any villager, ever, in this game. There will be no less productive pursuit than that in this game.

Sucks for the wolves when meta is wielded this brutally, but my allegiance is plain and my strategy perfect. Get #rekt.
SprinklesOnADoughnut

Postby SprinklesOnADoughnut » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:13 am

Thank you. I'm glad you all agree.
SprinklesOnADoughnut

Postby ZoruaLuhansk » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:17 am

Town is the name of an the organized crime faction! In this way, it is still possible for Sprinkles to be a member of the mafia!

Simply by the existence of the copypasta, this level of reasoning is possible for Zorua Luhansk. What do you think, everyone?
consider this account deleted
don't try to contact me unless I have you as a discord friend
ZoruaLuhansk
Spy
Spy

Postby ZoruaLuhansk » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:21 am

(Yeah, I probably won't RP as a character made by someone else for very long)
consider this account deleted
don't try to contact me unless I have you as a discord friend
ZoruaLuhansk
Spy
Spy

Postby dota2reporter » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:24 am

hey buddy, i think you got the wrong door. the leather club is two blocks down
26-18 ToSFM
34-26 MU
0-3 MS

60-47
dota2reporter
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Location: Somewhere in Kazakhstan, switching between UTC +5 and +6

Postby SprinklesOnADoughnut » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:26 am

ZoruaLuhansk wrote:Town is the name of an the organized crime faction! In this way, it is still possible for Sprinkles to be a member of the mafia!

Simply by the existence of the copypasta, this level of reasoning is possible for Zorua Luhansk. What do you think, everyone?

I will not forbid having doubts about my claim; however, you should eventually reach the conclusion that I am indeed a member of Town and do not belong to a criminal organization.

dota2reporter wrote:hey buddy, i think you got the wrong door. the leather club is two blocks down

Excuse me?
SprinklesOnADoughnut

Postby dota2reporter » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:26 am

SprinklesOnADoughnut wrote: Spoiler: A quick note about WW theory and how I will play this game. Note that the arguments and facts presented here are indisputable, and that I will not engage in arguments about them, because those arguments are you wasting everyone else's time about meta that is well and comprehensively established. Go make reads so we can read you.

I've reflected on my role and realized that there is a GTO play for me in this game, and therefore I am compelled to pursue it. I am going to brute force my clearness immediately upon the opening of the thread.

I am hard-claiming, and I will never be rescinding. I am a member of Town.

Benefits:

1. I will survive tonight: I do not believe the wolves are able to kill me tonight, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would ever do this as a member of Town. The wolves have already been outplayed, as it were.

2. I'm lock clear: All of you already know I'm lock clear, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would do this as a wolf. You know this for at least two reasons. First, this is the easiest, lowest-stress, lowest-demand game to wolf in that I've ever played in (except for turbos). I have no need to complicate my life, as a wolf, by open-claiming on thread open, when all I have to do is provide like a C-level wolf game to probably win. This is the rare instance where you literally know that I have a billion other options as a wolf, AND that I would pursue probably ALL of them before pursuing this. Second, I engage in FPS exceedingly rarely, which necessarily means that I *know* that this will look WEIRD and SHOCKING to you. There is no merit to a wolf play that instantly generates WEIRD and SHOCKED responses that I would be obligated to finesse and manage for the remainder of the game. As a villager, which I am, the burden is totally on you to not **** up and lynch me. Makes my life super awesome.

3. There are only 13 players you need to try to read, rather than 14: I have already provided a "free" peek of me in a game with a mere 15 players. Our win equity is dramatically improved by my being entirely off the table for the entire game.

Conclusion:

The burden of sound reasoning is now entirely upon you. I am a member of Town, and thus a villager, and thus lock clear. The game is immediately simpler than it would otherwise have been, because of my decision. Now, let us enjoy that benefit and win the game.

Also, to preempt a lengthy and pointless discussion.

It is NOT dumb to ponder this post and convince yourself of its wisdom. That is your obligation as a villager, and I encourage you to think it over for as long as it takes to quell your (initially valid but ultimately unnecessary) concerns.

It IS dumb to, AFTER doing that pondering, conclude that I'm "neutral" or "wolfy." That is legitimately stupid, and I won't entertain it. ONE of the reasons it is a stupid conclusion is that the upside of this play as a wolf is absolutely DWARFED by the upside of this play as a villager. There is no equivalency between the EV gain for wolf-me in this position and villager-me in this position. They're universes apart. That means I wouldn't DO the poorer option of the two (by extension, wolf-me also wouldn't BELIEVE that I could convince the entire game of the truth of these assertions for the entire game, which as an end-game wolf I would have to believe if this strategem were to be worth pursuing). A SECOND reason that conclusion is stupid is that the EV bonus of oding this as a wolf is COMPLETELY DWARFED by me baseline wolf EV anyway. Anything that complicates my wolfing life is RIDICULOUSLY stupid for me to do, given that my wolfing life is ALREADY one of the smoothest, highest expectation wolfing lives in WW history anyway. A THIRD reason that conclusion is stupid is that you would probably have to worry about being EXPLOITED by this gambit in order to get there. However, I have NEVER engaged in this, or any similar, gambit in my entire career, meaning that if there IS exploitation to be had with this play, it is in FUTURE GAMES, not this game. For these reasons, pressuring me is extremely wolfy and should not be engaged in by any villager, ever, in this game. There will be no less productive pursuit than that in this game.

Sucks for the wolves when meta is wielded this brutally, but my allegiance is plain and my strategy perfect. Get #rekt.

26-18 ToSFM
34-26 MU
0-3 MS

60-47
dota2reporter
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Postby kosmo16 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:27 am

Oh no, this playerlist. I think cob, this innocent child, will be corrupted by you. There is only one way to protect him...
/vote cob
Legacy Season Rank: Master
Season One Rank: Master
Season Two Rank: Diamond
Season Three Rank: Master
Season Four Rank: Master
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Postby dota2reporter » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:27 am

SprinklesOnADoughnut wrote:
dota2reporter wrote:hey buddy, i think you got the wrong door. the leather club is two blocks down

Excuse me?

maybe you and i should settle it here on the ring, what do you say?
26-18 ToSFM
34-26 MU
0-3 MS

60-47
dota2reporter
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Postby SprinklesOnADoughnut » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:28 am

dota2reporter wrote:

Excuse me?

Yes.
/fight dota2reporter
SprinklesOnADoughnut

Postby dota2reporter » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:31 am

dota2reporter wrote:

Excuse me?

Yes.
/fight dota2reporter

26-18 ToSFM
34-26 MU
0-3 MS

60-47
dota2reporter
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Postby SprinklesOnADoughnut » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:33 am

dota2reporter wrote:
dota2reporter wrote:

Excuse me?

Yes.
/fight dota2reporter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBAtDxiid2g

Go... where? Can't you see you've already lost to me?
SprinklesOnADoughnut

Postby dota2reporter » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:34 am

SprinklesOnADoughnut wrote:Go... where? Can't you see you've already lost to me?

you think you're winning?
then how about this
26-18 ToSFM
34-26 MU
0-3 MS

60-47
dota2reporter
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Postby dolphina » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:35 am

huh
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby SprinklesOnADoughnut » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:37 am

dota2reporter wrote:
SprinklesOnADoughnut wrote:Go... where? Can't you see you've already lost to me?

then how about this
-img-

Damnit, it seems I have underestimated my opponent. Well played.
SprinklesOnADoughnut

Postby dota2reporter » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:41 am

dota2reporter wrote:

then how about this
-img-

Damnit, it seems I have underestimated my opponent. Well played.

26-18 ToSFM
34-26 MU
0-3 MS

60-47
dota2reporter
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Postby Cenvil2 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:45 am

Hardclaiming NB

Now, let me be.
Cenvil2
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner

Postby TheDebil » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:46 am

/vote cenvil
we have our lynch boys and girls
TheDebil
St. Patrick's 2019 Winner

Postby kosmo16 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:47 am

TheDebil wrote:/vote cenvil

Don't bully nb.
Legacy Season Rank: Master
Season One Rank: Master
Season Two Rank: Diamond
Season Three Rank: Master
Season Four Rank: Master
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Postby TheDebil » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:48 am

kosmo16 wrote:
TheDebil wrote:/vote cenvil

Don't bully nb.

ill bully you after they flip mafia
TheDebil

Postby SprinklesOnADoughnut » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:50 am

We will bully the NB as much as we want.
/vote kosmo
SprinklesOnADoughnut

Next

Return to Game Threads