XX4 | All Any 2 | Game Over (Put to Rest)

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: XX4 | All Any 2 | Day 1

Postby TheWabbit » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:39 am

ZoruaLuhansk wrote:
TheWabbit wrote:Royee is frozen. Do what you want with that knowledge.

Growlithe used Overheat!
It was super effective!
Growlithe's Sp. Atk. fell harshly!
Royee was thawed!
Royee fainted!

Locktown, even more with the lost wolf vig claim.

TheWabbit
FM Awards: Mafia

Postby ZoruaLuhansk » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:40 am

TheWabbit wrote:
ZoruaLuhansk wrote:

Growlithe used Overheat!
It was super effective!
Growlithe's Sp. Atk. fell harshly!
Royee was thawed!
Royee fainted!

Locktown, even more with the lost wolf vig claim.

That was my flavored dayvig shot
glgl
consider this account deleted
don't try to contact me unless I have you as a discord friend
ZoruaLuhansk
Spy
Spy

Postby Royee » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:40 am

the last time someone has called me frozen was in one of my nfms, which was probably 2 years ago.
but you are right its really freezing here even with an air conditioner
Recent Town game - 21A
Recent Mafia game - VFM73
Recent Neutral game - 17B
Royee
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby TheWabbit » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:41 am

Flake wrote:

penis envy

TheWabbit

Postby ZoruaLuhansk » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:42 am

Acidic, jw who is your avatar
ZoruaLuhansk
Spy
Spy

Postby Royee » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:42 am

Flake wrote:
Royee wrote:

the last time someone has called me frozen was in one of my nfms, which was probably 2 years ago.

thank you kanye

drink sprite
Recent Town game - 21A
Royee
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby TheWabbit » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:42 am

That was the most insightful post you've said for your entire FM career, Flake.

Commiserations.

TheWabbit

Postby ZoruaLuhansk » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:43 am

Flake wrote:sorry ill stop now

I can't imagine that this is serious
ZoruaLuhansk
Spy
Spy

Postby Royee » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:43 am

no,
drink it.
Recent Town game - 21A
Royee
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby TheWabbit » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:43 am

Royee wrote:

no,
drink it.

Only if you drink it first.

TheWabbit

Postby ZoruaLuhansk » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:44 am

TheWabbit wrote:That was the most insightful post you've said for your entire FM career, Flake.

Commiserations.

cum + mitto + esse + -tio
ZoruaLuhansk
Spy
Spy

Postby ZoruaLuhansk » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:45 am

Flake wrote:
Royee wrote:
Flake wrote:
Royee wrote:

thank you kanye

drink sprite

sprite cranberry?

I was about to make the exact same post, letter for letter
but then something else came up
ZoruaLuhansk
Spy
Spy

Postby kosmo16 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:45 am

Let's do a super fast Flake lynch.
/vote Flake
Legacy Season Rank: Master
Season One Rank: Master
Season Two Rank: Diamond
Season Three Rank: Master
Season Four Rank: Master
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

I am ruler of accidental pagegets
ZoruaLuhansk
Spy
Spy

Postby Royee » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:45 am

TheWabbit wrote:
Royee wrote:

no,
drink it.

Only if you drink it first.

Recent Town game - 21A
Royee
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby TheWabbit » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:45 am

Flake wrote:
Royee wrote:
Flake wrote:
Royee wrote:

thank you kanye

drink sprite

sprite cranberry?

Are there any other flavor variations aside from Sprite Cranberry?

TheWabbit

kosmo16 wrote:Let's do a super fast Flake lynch.
/vote Flake

scum because lum
ZoruaLuhansk
Spy
Spy

Postby SparkingJay » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:46 am

epic avi Kosmo

SparkingJay
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby kosmo16 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:46 am

ZoruaLuhansk wrote:A quick note about WW theory and how I will play this game. Note that the arguments and facts presented here are indisputable, and that I will not engage in arguments about them, because those arguments are you wasting everyone else's time about meta that is well and comprehensively established. Go make reads so we can read you.

I've reflected on my role and realized that there is a GTO play for me in this game, and therefore I am compelled to pursue it. I am going to brute force my clearness immediately upon the opening of the thread.

I am hard-claiming, I am the lost wolf vig.

Benefits:

1. I will survive tonight: I do not believe the townies are able to kill me today, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would ever do this as the lost wolf vig. I believe that this decision reduces the importance of the openwolfing to be provided by all of you to the point of it being negligible. The townies have already been outplayed, as it were.

2. I'm lock scum: All of you already know I'm lock scum, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would do this as a town. You know this for at least two reasons. First, this is the easiest, lowest-stress, lowest-demand game to play in that I've ever played in (except for turbos). I have no need to complicate my life, as a townie, by open-claiming on thread open, when all Ihave to do is provide like a C-level game to probably win. This is the rare instance where you literally know that I have a billion other options as a town, AND that I would pursue probably ALL of them before pursuing this. Second, I engage in FPS exceedingly commonly, which necessarily means that I *know* that this will not look WEIRD and SHOCKING to you. There is no merit to a town play that does not instantly generates WEIRD and SHOCKED responses that I would be obligated to finesse and manage for the remainder of the game. As a wolf, which I am, the burden is totally on you to not $#@! up and nightkill me. Makes my life super awesome.

3. There are only 12 players you need to try to read, rather than 13: I have already provided a "free" check of me in a game with a mere 13 players. Our win equity is dramatically improved by my being entirely off the table for the entire game.

Conclusion:

The burden of sound reasoning is now entirely upon you. I am the lost wolf vig, and thus a wolf, and thus lock scum. The game is immediately simpler than it would otherwise have been, because of my decision. Now, let us enjoy that benefit and win the game.

Also, to preempt a lengthy and pointless discussion.

It is NOT dumb to ponder this post and convince yourself of its wisdom. That is your obligation as a wolf, and I encourage you to think it over for as long as it takes to quell your (initially valid but ultimately unnecessary) concerns.

It IS dumb to, AFTER doing that pondering, conclude that I'm "neutral" or "towny." That is legitimately stupid, and I won't entertain it. ONE of the reasons it is a stupid conclusion is that the upside of this play as a townie is absolutely DWARFED by the upside of this play as a wolf. There is no equivalency between the EV gain for wolf-me in this position and villager-me in this position. They're universes apart. That means I wouldn't DO the poorer option of the two (by extension, villager-me also wouldn't BELIEVE that I could convince the entire game of the truth of these assertions for the entire game, which as an end-game villager I would have to believe if this strategem were to be worth pursuing). A SECOND reason that conclusion is stupid is that the EV bonus of doing this as a villager is COMPLETELY DWARFED by me baseline villager EV anyway. Anything that complicates my life is RIDICULOUSLY stupid for me to do, given that my townie life is ALREADY one of the roughest, lowest expectation townie lives in WW history anyway. A THIRD reason that conclusion is stupid is that you would probably have to worry about being EXPLOITED by this gambit in order to get there. However, I have NEVER engaged in this, or any similar, gambit in my entire career, meaning that if there IS exploitation to be had with this play, it is in FUTURE GAMES, not this game. For these reasons, pressuring me is extremely townie and should not be engaged in by any wolf, ever, in this game. There will be no less productive pursuit than that in this game.

Sucks for the town when meta is wielded this brutally, but my allegiance is plain and my strategy perfect. Get #rekt.

Short version pls.
Legacy Season Rank: Master
Season One Rank: Master
Season Two Rank: Diamond
Season Three Rank: Master
Season Four Rank: Master
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Postby SparkingJay » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:46 am

TheWabbit wrote:
Flake wrote:
Royee wrote:
Flake wrote:
Royee wrote:

thank you kanye

drink sprite

sprite cranberry?

Are there any other flavor variations aside from Sprite Cranberry?

no

SparkingJay
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby TheWabbit » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:46 am

kosmo16 wrote:Let's do a super fast Flake lynch.
/vote Flake

TheWabbit

Postby SparkingJay » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:47 am

/vote Flake

SparkingJay
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby ZoruaLuhansk » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:47 am

@kosmo
I am growlithe, and therefore lost wolf vig, and therefore lockscum

it is completely your fault, as mafia, if you decide to screw up and nightkill me
ZoruaLuhansk
Spy
Spy

Postby 2304 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:47 am

ZoruaLuhansk wrote:A quick note about WW theory and how I will play this game. Note that the arguments and facts presented here are indisputable, and that I will not engage in arguments about them, because those arguments are you wasting everyone else's time about meta that is well and comprehensively established. Go make reads so we can read you.

I've reflected on my role and realized that there is a GTO play for me in this game, and therefore I am compelled to pursue it. I am going to brute force my clearness immediately upon the opening of the thread.

I am hard-claiming, I am the lost wolf vig.

Benefits:

1. I will survive tonight: I do not believe the townies are able to kill me today, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would ever do this as the lost wolf vig. I believe that this decision reduces the importance of the openwolfing to be provided by all of you to the point of it being negligible. The townies have already been outplayed, as it were.

2. I'm lock scum: All of you already know I'm lock scum, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would do this as a town. You know this for at least two reasons. First, this is the easiest, lowest-stress, lowest-demand game to play in that I've ever played in (except for turbos). I have no need to complicate my life, as a townie, by open-claiming on thread open, when all Ihave to do is provide like a C-level game to probably win. This is the rare instance where you literally know that I have a billion other options as a town, AND that I would pursue probably ALL of them before pursuing this. Second, I engage in FPS exceedingly commonly, which necessarily means that I *know* that this will not look WEIRD and SHOCKING to you. There is no merit to a town play that does not instantly generates WEIRD and SHOCKED responses that I would be obligated to finesse and manage for the remainder of the game. As a wolf, which I am, the burden is totally on you to not $#@! up and nightkill me. Makes my life super awesome.

3. There are only 12 players you need to try to read, rather than 13: I have already provided a "free" check of me in a game with a mere 13 players. Our win equity is dramatically improved by my being entirely off the table for the entire game.

Conclusion:

The burden of sound reasoning is now entirely upon you. I am the lost wolf vig, and thus a wolf, and thus lock scum. The game is immediately simpler than it would otherwise have been, because of my decision. Now, let us enjoy that benefit and win the game.

Also, to preempt a lengthy and pointless discussion.

It is NOT dumb to ponder this post and convince yourself of its wisdom. That is your obligation as a wolf, and I encourage you to think it over for as long as it takes to quell your (initially valid but ultimately unnecessary) concerns.

It IS dumb to, AFTER doing that pondering, conclude that I'm "neutral" or "towny." That is legitimately stupid, and I won't entertain it. ONE of the reasons it is a stupid conclusion is that the upside of this play as a townie is absolutely DWARFED by the upside of this play as a wolf. There is no equivalency between the EV gain for wolf-me in this position and villager-me in this position. They're universes apart. That means I wouldn't DO the poorer option of the two (by extension, villager-me also wouldn't BELIEVE that I could convince the entire game of the truth of these assertions for the entire game, which as an end-game villager I would have to believe if this strategem were to be worth pursuing). A SECOND reason that conclusion is stupid is that the EV bonus of doing this as a villager is COMPLETELY DWARFED by me baseline villager EV anyway. Anything that complicates my life is RIDICULOUSLY stupid for me to do, given that my townie life is ALREADY one of the roughest, lowest expectation townie lives in WW history anyway. A THIRD reason that conclusion is stupid is that you would probably have to worry about being EXPLOITED by this gambit in order to get there. However, I have NEVER engaged in this, or any similar, gambit in my entire career, meaning that if there IS exploitation to be had with this play, it is in FUTURE GAMES, not this game. For these reasons, pressuring me is extremely townie and should not be engaged in by any wolf, ever, in this game. There will be no less productive pursuit than that in this game.

Sucks for the town when meta is wielded this brutally, but my allegiance is plain and my strategy perfect. Get #rekt.

I cc
I'm Dan, and I like mashed potatoes.

Spoiler: "You might be able to do it if you try. But if you don't try, you definitely can't."
"Even if everyone calls you a liar, even if you hate yourself, I'll be on your side."
[Forum Mafia XX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XX] Winner

Postby lilgangsta » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:47 am

Disagree.
The only one who has an entrance that wasnt extremely awkward so far was Xlarnet.
But this might just be me.
Your story ends here, John Willard.
lilgangsta
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads