SFM 67: Christmas Paranoia Mafia-Game Over-Christmas Saved?

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: SFM 67: Christmas Paranoia Mafia - The Rise of Krampus:D

Postby MichaelgRook » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:20 pm

I really do like the uzay take as well

I'll take the time to explain the townpeeks I posted earlier when I get off work

@Uzay so are you saying we should not be explaining our scumreads or that its not important to?
I'm vibin to video game snow themes and I blame chemist
I'm a they/them Ice-type lover
MichaelgRook
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Chemist1422 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:27 pm

I will be metaing Multi shortly

be prepared for me to procrastinate
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby SparkingJay » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:49 pm

cu

SparkingJay
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby SparkingJay » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:55 pm

TheDebil wrote:
dota2reporter wrote:i mean im honestly kinda tired playing of mafia in general, imo survivor is much more awesome

almost /outed of this game before it started cuz of special reasons but eragon and rick asked me to stay

but i occasionally join cuz i feel the nostalgia

rip

What is Survivor?

SparkingJay
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby SparkingJay » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:58 pm

Google wrote:
SparkingJayYT wrote:@Dota How trustworthy are these content percentage reads?

not at all lul
he tends to be low on content as scum but it seems that he just does that as town now too
its probably due to the wear out you might get, when, yknow
playing 11 games at a time

I've seen that scum game as well tho I'd expect them to have adapted from that sort of playstyle given how long ago that game was.

SparkingJay
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Multiuniverse » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:06 pm

Chemist1422 wrote:I will be metaing Multi shortly

third time's the charm, eh?

Thanks parker for the gif and SuperDuper for suggesting rotational sig
Multiuniverse
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner

Postby SparkingJay » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:08 pm

heytheregirl17 wrote:
MichaelgRook wrote:I just realized hyena said most of google posts are game related????

... Wat

They surprisingly are

SparkingJay
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Eragon1329 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:08 pm

Votecount coming soon
Spoiler:

TG/FM Records

28-30-6

Eragon1329
FM Awards: Neutral

Postby Chemist1422 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:10 pm

Multiuniverse wrote:
Chemist1422 wrote:I will be metaing Multi shortly

third time's the charm, eh?

what can I say I'm biased against people going out of their way to shake my confidence
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?

Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby Eragon1329 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:23 pm

Paranoia Votes

Current Vote Count
Player Votes Voters
  # Votes Until Majority

Lynch votes

Current Vote Count
Player Votes Voters
  # Votes Until Majority

Phone will be prodded for not posting
Spoiler:

TG/FM Records

28-30-6

Eragon1329

Postby Eragon1329 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:27 pm

Ho Ho Ho, despite all his threats, I have not seen my old enemy Krampus around for a while.

I wonder if he knew that his minions could never overtake the good Christmas Spirit that you all must possess. Maybe I'll get to rest earlier and start working on new toys and reindeer grooming.
Spoiler:

TG/FM Records

28-30-6

Eragon1329

Postby LOLingHyena » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:52 pm

MichaelgRook wrote:I would like to point out hyena threw me into the quiet people who also have been doing stuff yet afaik at that point my only posts were about how I don't know my own flavour and asking wabbit which ebenezer scrooge they are

MichaelgRook wrote:I just realized hyena said most of google posts are game related????

My intention with putting together the "quiet people who have been doing stuff" group was just to group the people who hadn't posted much but still enough, compared to the "quiet people who haven't been doing stuff" group, to make me not want to push them to post more. In your case, I think I just got a good vibe from your posts.

As for Google, yes, from my perspective, she has done a bunch of stuff. She's been giving out reads and voting on people. Have you even been paying attention to her?

-------------------------
Multiuniverse wrote:Ngl when i reread this im not sure what was going through my mind back then
Regardless hyena's townread was unwarranted

Fight me. :P

dota2reporter wrote:uzay im pretty sure is obvtowning, he's town then

Explain how he has been obvtowning. :P

UzayAltay wrote:
LOLingHyena wrote:
Tiltedcomedian wrote:o/ Laugh

What's your take on the quiet people, Acidic and Always in particular?

Glad you asked, because that's what I was preparing to talk about!

Multi, AcidicBreeze, Phone, and AlwaysNever are the only players with under fives posts.
Uzay, Michael, and Watchme all have between five and ten posts, and they all have posted game-related content.
Wabbit, Google, and Debil all have 50+ posts, a lot of which have game-related content.
Everyone else sits between 20-30 posts.

That first group needs to post more. I'll be able to read Multi and Phone once they start posting more. I don't know the other two very well.
Even in spite of the Watchme catching some flak, I kinda like all the people in the second group.
Third group is okay for now. Probably won't consider lynching them today.
I'm 80% sure I'm going to go after someone in the last group for lynching if the people in the first group manage to make it to 20 posts today.

Weird Logic but Okay
Can You , order people in their group for First three group ( or You can exclude First group , too , If You think You Dont have enough info )

(ordered from towniest to scummiest)

First group: [AlwaysNever, Multi, Phone, AcidicBreeze] -- Phone hasn't posted, but he's in third because I'd still lynch AcidicBreeze over him anyday. AcidicBreeze comes off as super-stiff in their first two posts, almost like they're scared to post or say something wrong. I just find it scummy. Between Multi and AlwaysNever, I think Multi has played a more objectively towny D1. Subjectively, I know he's capable of doing that as scum, but because he's making accusations and stuff, I don't want to lynch him yet. AlwaysNever comes off more defensively, but I still like them. Specifically, I liked their response to Multi mentioned not liking their post about him townpeeking himself three times. Also like their reaction to Google calling them scum based on the "oh well".

Second group: [Michael, Watchme, Uzay] -- The only reason you're low is because aside from your vote on me, I didn't have any good reason to townread you since you weren't posting. Watchme would have been lower, but their most recent post about you, Michael, and Google wasn't too bad. The reads are kinda shallow though. Like, I wouldn't call Michael a disinterested townie in spite of the light fluffing he's been doing. I didn't like Michael's reaction to my groupings, but I remember he had bad reactions to my reads as town the last time I played with him, too, so I'm not gonna question it right now.

Third group: [Wabbit, Google, Debil] -- I'd rank Wabbit and Google very closely together. The only reason I have Wabbit above Google right now is that I feel like I'm less likely wrong on Wabbit. Debil has fallen off completely. I'd probably put him in the fourth group now, where he'd be somewhere in the middle.
On the prospect of me being a wolf in VFM 18:
milte345 wrote:A hyena can't be a wolf because it is in fact a hyena
Ez.
LOLingHyena
Witch
Witch

Postby LOLingHyena » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:55 pm

/vote JacksonVirgo

for science

(also, people should start voting, even if they aren't settled on their final vote yet)
On the prospect of me being a wolf in VFM 18:
milte345 wrote:A hyena can't be a wolf because it is in fact a hyena
Ez.
LOLingHyena
Witch
Witch

Postby heytheregirl17 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:21 pm

Eragon, you scared me, I thought we were at L-1
Spoiler: Image
heytheregirl17 wrote:Y'all trust me when it comes to matters of protecting ourselves from aliens

I'm not sure whether that says more about me or you guys
heytheregirl17
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner

Location: respawining at phylactery, please wait... (CST, UST-6)

Postby Transcender » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:37 pm

Im here to say i wont be here
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby watchme1 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:42 pm

/unvote

I should probably take off my meme vote from Chem for now
FM Record - 26 Wins - 33 Losses - 7 Broke/Draw

Rip tosfm
watchme1
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Postby Transcender » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:45 pm

/vote watchme1
Apparently matchwe1 isnt good enough
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby JacksonVirgo » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:13 pm

LOLingHyena wrote:
JacksonVirgo wrote:I'll post more when I get home but Armin is realet

Wait, are you two friends, like, outside of mafia stuff? Or, like, do you two talk outside of forums? The reason I ask this is that it sounds like your mutual townreads on each other are similar to the mutual townreads that Tilted and I usually give each other early game, and if that's the case, then you two townpeeking each other makes more sense to me.

Not really outside the forums, just I like them and mayyyybe(?) they like me too? :D
But for real though, there are reasons for my town-read on them and there may be reasons in reverse. Wabbit has asked us not to explain them though so that's fairly sad because I wanna explain it :c

LOLingHyena wrote:
JacksonVirgo wrote:It is probably because of my town-meta or something along those lines, or at least me not acting as my scum-meta would. It could even be they don't town-whatever me and are just trying to see my reactions to it but that's a bit of an ew.

lol, do you have an aversion to getting reaction tested?

I hate reaction tests, because as town I don't see them nearly as often as I should and then I fall into a trap and get scum-read and then die and then lose. It's fun. See all those lynched d1 games in my fm record? Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

LOLingHyena wrote:
JacksonVirgo wrote:We aren't supposed to explain those 3 town reads yet according to Wabbit so you're gonna have to wait

Fair enough. I think I understand the Armin townpeekm more now anyway. Uzay's the only one left I'd want to know about.

I am sad

LOLingHyena wrote:
JacksonVirgo wrote:I mean in this game it's impossible to find associations with other mafia, so essentially it's town vs town that wants to kill the first.

I'm going to address this in a bit. After thinking about things, I think I might have -something- we can kinda use to make association reads? But not the same kind of association reads you'd make in a normal mafia game. I'll post details soon.

I am intrigued
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Tiltedcomedian » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:16 pm

Spoiler:
LOLingHyena wrote:Also,
Tiltedcomedian wrote:
AlwaysNever wrote:
Tiltedcomedian wrote:It didn't come across as forced to me, but I'll keep watching as AlwaysNever is new to me too.

cause you asked hyena about me and acidic in particular, how about acidic right now in your view? I've only seen you comment on me

rn they are tasting the rainbow while wearing a mullet wig

This is funny, lol

:P

AlwaysNever wrote:if this is a grinch reference let me know because i have no idea what you're talking about :oops:

it's a reference to not the grinch dw

I have never seen such a thing, and I also have not seen Acidic in this game :MeowSip:

dota2reporter wrote:i mean im honestly kinda tired playing of mafia in general, imo survivor is much more awesome

almost /outed of this game before it started cuz of special reasons but eragon and rick asked me to stay

but i occasionally join cuz i feel the nostalgia

Pets <3

Chemist1422 wrote:
heytheregirl17 wrote:
Chemist1422 wrote:
heytheregirl17 wrote:
dota2reporter wrote:well i checked the area51 game and the content to post ratio was much higher so i'll take a guess this may be his tell

/vote chemist

More indicative of his wim. He does have tells but it's not that simple.

hold on why are you making sense does that mean you're scum

no, it means I'm learning
Slowly but I am learning

Okay but you used punctuation

Eragon1329 wrote:Sorry for lack of vote counts, was cramming to prepare for my first day of school back.

Will get one done once I’m out of school

iCoconut

UzayAltay wrote:Look , saying to Everyone , if you are Townreading somebody dont Wait for me Asking for reason and explain it .
That setup fully looks How good town play , We cant expect scum to play bad when they Dont know Each other ( Except some certain things ) . What We should Do is find towns , town cant win that setup with finding towns , it is only possible with finding towns .
It is Why If You are Townreading somebody You should explain it , it is not even that hard to Do that .
Are You scumreading somebody ? I Dont care If You give A reason or not , I even Dont think I Will give actual reason for my scumreads in First glance when I have scumreads . Scumreading is towny from neutral PoV anyway , it is only not towny from pushee's PoV . etc etc

seeing Wabbit's reaction to this will be interesting

UzayAltay wrote:
Tiltedcomedian wrote:
Tiltedcomedian wrote:
Tiltedcomedian wrote:polypies doesn't usually flipflop that fast

other than that I can't really read him yet

on an unrelated note I want Uzay to explain his "No no no" reaction to my thunderdoming watchme that he has quickly dropped

Because You give no reason
No thunderdomes are anti-town to happen
( not Scummy , anti-town )
And I wanted to reference Ho Ho Ho thing

okey

you're wrong in this case because watchme is scum tho

TheWabbit wrote:uzay you're a potato

there it is

JacksonVirgo wrote:
LOLingHyena wrote:
JacksonVirgo wrote:I'll post more when I get home but Armin is realet

Wait, are you two friends, like, outside of mafia stuff? Or, like, do you two talk outside of forums? The reason I ask this is that it sounds like your mutual townreads on each other are similar to the mutual townreads that Tilted and I usually give each other early game, and if that's the case, then you two townpeeking each other makes more sense to me.

Not really outside the forums, just I like them and mayyyybe(?) they like me too? :D
But for real though, there are reasons for my town-read on them and there may be reasons in reverse. Wabbit has asked us not to explain them though so that's fairly sad because I wanna explain it :c

LOLingHyena wrote:
JacksonVirgo wrote:It is probably because of my town-meta or something along those lines, or at least me not acting as my scum-meta would. It could even be they don't town-whatever me and are just trying to see my reactions to it but that's a bit of an ew.

lol, do you have an aversion to getting reaction tested?

I hate reaction tests, because as town I don't see them nearly as often as I should and then I fall into a trap and get scum-read and then die and then lose. It's fun. See all those lynched d1 games in my fm record? Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

LOLingHyena wrote:
JacksonVirgo wrote:We aren't supposed to explain those 3 town reads yet according to Wabbit so you're gonna have to wait

Fair enough. I think I understand the Armin townpeekm more now anyway. Uzay's the only one left I'd want to know about.

I am sad

LOLingHyena wrote:
JacksonVirgo wrote:I mean in this game it's impossible to find associations with other mafia, so essentially it's town vs town that wants to kill the first.

I'm going to address this in a bit. After thinking about things, I think I might have -something- we can kinda use to make association reads? But not the same kind of association reads you'd make in a normal mafia game. I'll post details soon.

I am intrigued

what is your reaction to Uzay then

also, Tofu, also known as bean curd, is a food prepared by coagulating soy milk and then pressing the resulting curds into solid white blocks of varying softness; it can be silken, soft, firm, or extra firm. Beyond these broad categories, there are many varieties of tofu. It has a subtle flavor, so it can be used in savory and sweet dishes. It is often seasoned or marinated to suit the dish and its flavors, and absorbs flavors well.[1] It is sometimes treated as a meat substitute. As a traditional component of East Asian and Southeast Asian cuisines,[2] it has been consumed in China for over 2,000 years.[3]

Nutritionally, tofu is low in calories, while containing a relatively large amount of protein. It is high in iron, and can have a high calcium or magnesium content depending on the coagulants (e.g. calcium chloride, calcium sulfate, magnesium sulfate) used in manufacturing.
Tiltedcomedian
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby Chemist1422 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:16 pm

tilted you were in that purgatory game with me and hyena right
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?

Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby JacksonVirgo » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:16 pm

LOLingHyena wrote:/vote JacksonVirgo

for science

(also, people should start voting, even if they aren't settled on their final vote yet)

I don't see myself anywhere in your three groups yet you vote me..
OH!

IT'S FOR SCIENCE!
All is forgiven
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Tiltedcomedian » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:18 pm

Chemist1422 wrote:tilted you were in that purgatory game with me and hyena right

iThink so

whatsup
Tiltedcomedian
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby Chemist1422 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:19 pm

Tiltedcomedian wrote:
Chemist1422 wrote:tilted you were in that purgatory game with me and hyena right

iThink so

whatsup

how relevant do you think it is to this game
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?

Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby Chemist1422 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:19 pm

The first one I mean

ejji’s not non’s
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?

Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby Tiltedcomedian » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:20 pm

Chemist1422 wrote:
Tiltedcomedian wrote:

iThink so

whatsup

how relevant do you think it is to this game

Chemist1422 wrote:The first one I mean

ejji’s not non’s

oh uh

ejji's I don't think so
Tiltedcomedian
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads