VFM 80: Death Note Popcorn (Task Force Win!)

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: VFM 80: Death Note Popcorn (Task Force Win!)

Postby Rickdaily12 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:34 pm

WINNERS!

watchme1
Ezradekezra
ejjinami
Phone0Ix
Chemist1422
polypies73
kosmo16

Not Winners:

CheezePie
LOLingHyena
UzayAltay
dolphina

Role Cards (Note: Mafia false identities were random; any 4 of the 11 Town role cards could have gone to any Mafia member.)

Spoiler:
JAPANESE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
OPERATION: FALLEN ANGELS - TASK FORCE MEMBER 002

NATE "NEAR" RIVER

"If you can't win the game, if you can't solve the puzzle, then you're nothing but a loser."

You are "Near". You are a member of the Kira Task Force.

You must assist the owner of the Death Note in killing all of the members of the Order of Kira, who are posing themselves as other innocent members of the Kira Task Force. Make sure you help them correctly identify Order members, or the Death Note Owner will die!

You win with the rest of the Kira Task Force if all members of the Order of Kira are killed.
You lose if the Order of Kira ever reaches parity with the Kira Task Force.

OPERATION: FALLEN ANGELS - TASK FORCE MEMBER 003

MIHEAL "MELLO" KEEHL

"In the end, there is no greater motivation than revenge."

You are "Mello". You are a member of the Kira Task Force.

You must assist the owner of the Death Note in killing all of the members of the Order of Kira, who are posing themselves as other innocent members of the Kira Task Force. Make sure you help them correctly identify Order members, or the Death Note Owner will die!

You win with the rest of the Kira Task Force if all members of the Order of Kira are killed.

OPERATION: FALLEN ANGELS - TASK FORCE MEMBER 007

SHUICHI AIZAWA

"A moment ago, you said, 'Well Near, looks like I won'. How much more of a confession do we need?"

You are Shuichi Aizawa. You are a member of the Kira Task Force.

OPERATION: FALLEN ANGELS - TASK FORCE MEMBER 008

KANZO MOGI

"I'm not cut out for this, but it's part of my job, so..."

You are Kanzo Mogi. You are a member of the Kira Task Force.

OPERATION: FALLEN ANGELS - TASK FORCE MEMBER 009

HIDEKI IDE

"We have a long history. I can tell exactly what you're thinking about and what's bothering you."

You are Hideki Ide. You are a member of the Kira Task Force.

OPERATION: FALLEN ANGELS - TASK FORCE MEMBER 010

HIROKAZU UKITA

"THIS IS THE POLICE!!! OPEN UP!!!"

You are Hirokazu Ukita. You are a member of the Kira Task Force.

OPERATION: FALLEN ANGELS - TASK FORCE MEMBER 011

NAOMI MISORA

"My fiancé, the convenience store robber, and the busjacker, were all used by Kira in order to murder the FBI agents in Japan. I'm convinced of it."

You are Naomi Misora. You are a member of the Kira Task Force.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Order Of KIRA:
~ "GOD" ~

LIGHT YAGAMI, "KIRA"

"Look around you. All you will see are people who the world would be better off without."

You are "Kira". You are a member of the Order of Kira.

Your allies are:

X (AKA Misa Amane, who is posing as "Watari".)
Y (AKA Kiyomi Takada, who is posing as Soichiro Yagami.)
Z (AKA Teru Mikami, who is posing as "L".)

You must establish a new world order where you can purge all criminals off the face of the earth. These pesky members of the Kira Task Force stand directly in your way, on the side of evil scum. Trick them into using the Death Note to slaughter each other, and bring them to righteous justice, once and for all.

You win with the Order of Kira if it ever reaches parity with the Kira Task Force.
You lose if all members of the Order of Kira are killed.

OPERATION: FALLEN ANGELS - TASK FORCE MEMBER 006

TOTUA MATSUDA

"My dad will be disappointed, but who cares? It would be pathetic to quit before catching Kira."

You are Totua Matsuda. You are a member of the Kira Task Force.

The Order Of KIRA:
~ "CONSORT OF GOD" ~

MISA AMANE

"Be careful what you do, cuz 'God' is watching your every move."

You are Misa Amane. You are a member of the Order of Kira.

Your allies are:

X (AKA "Kira", who is posing as Totua Matsuda.)
Y (AKA Kiyomi Takada, who is posing as Soichiro Yagami.)

As a loyal follower of Kira himself, you must help him establish a new world order where he can purge all criminals off the face of the earth. These pesky members of the Kira Task Force stand directly in his way, on the side of evil scum. Trick them into using the Death Note to slaughter each other, and bring them to righteous justice, once and for all.

You win with the Order of Kira if it ever reaches parity with the Kira Task Force.

OPERATION: FALLEN ANGELS - TASK FORCE MEMBER 004

QUILLISH "WATARI" WAMMY

"At my age, if I wanted to keep in touch with old friends, I'd need a Ouija board."

You are "Watari". You are a member of the Kira Task Force.

The Order Of KIRA:
~ "PREACHER OF GOD" ~

KIYOMI TAKADA

"All the messages from Kira I have conveyed to you in the past as well as everything I will tell you in the future will become the law of this world."

You are Kiyomi Takada. You are a member of the Order of Kira.

Your allies are:

Y (AKA Misa Amane, who is posing as "Watari".)

As a loyal follower of Kira himself, you must help him establish a new world order where he can purge all criminals off the face of the earth. These pesky members of the Kira Task Force stand directly in his way, on the side of evil scum. Trick them into using the Death Note to slaughter each other, and bring them to righteous justice, once and for all.

OPERATION: FALLEN ANGELS - TASK FORCE MEMBER 005

SOICHIRO YAGAMI

"The real evil is the power to kill people. Someone who finds himself with that power is cursed."

You are Soichiro Yagami. You are a member of the Kira Task Force.

The Order Of KIRA:
~ "MARTYR OF GOD" ~

TERU MIKAMI

"In this world, there is only good or evil... every human being without exception ends up falling into either one category or the other."

You are Teru Mikami. You are a member of the Order of Kira.

Your allies are:

Y (AKA Misa Amane, who is posing as "Watari".)
Z (AKA Kiyomi Takada, who is posing as Soichiro Yagami.)

OPERATION: FALLEN ANGELS - TASK FORCE MEMBER 001

"L" LAWLIET

"This isn't divine judgment. It's the work of some childish killer who's playing at divine retribution. That's all."

You are "L". You are a member of the Kira Task Force.

Mod Rant:

Spoiler: First of all, I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who signed up and replaced into this game. I also wanted to extend that gratitude to the people who considered replacing out, but decided to tough it out for just a little longer, seeing as how this will be one of the last games ever run on the FM section. All of you are great and awesome, and I have no regrets hosting this game, and all the ways I went about doing it. You guys make it worth doing every single time.

Aside from all of that, I think both sides handled the game incredibly well.

Mafia, without question, nailed giving the gun to watchme1, in the beginning. The reasons they did this were spot on, and I can't put into enough words how great this call was. Before the game even started, they basically read the poor guy like an open book: easy to read as Town, great late game carry potential, easy leader: so get the gun into his hands ASAP and watch him melt away due to poor early game reads, and watch the chaos unfold. Fantastic move, fantastic read, this was excellently called.

Unfortunately, though, the Acidic slot became a bit weaker due to unforeseen IRL issues, and Cheeze was not really in too much of a position to be able to explain all of that away, which was just brutal and unfortunate for the Mafia, but also a pretty good spot by the Town.

From there, you could really just say that time had a way of catching up to the Mafia. Each of the people being floated as gun targets were, for the most part, particularly very strong players. On the one hand, getting them out of the way is good for the Mafia, so that people with the stronger reads die quickly, but the risk of doing that also came true: their reads were also somewhat rather accurate. Each of those died dragging one of the Mafia down with them, and eventually only dolphina remained.

Not to say that the Mafia plan on gambling everything on dolphina went poorly, either, because it did go well. It was not obvious to the Town for almost the entire game who the team was, and virtually nobody outside of Mist and somewhat Ejj ever really considered that dolphina didn't rand Town. Perhaps the only reason this didn't work for the Mafia in the end was maybe due to how Hyena handled trying to get Kosmo killed... though dead chat already explored this, the living Town members also seemed to agree for the most part that Mafia!Hyena would have been bussing Mafia!Kosmo a bit too hard for too little gain and that it just didn't make sense in the end. I thought this would have made Kosmo a stronger consensus Town read for sure, and from the looks of things, it looks like the remaining members also felt the same way.

All in all, well played by both sides. I enjoyed every moment of this, and I hope I made the experience enjoyable for the rest of you as well. :)

Mafia Chat: https://discord.gg/jhVKSQVzkZ
Dead Chat: https://discord.gg/jBfjPbWwsy
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Looking for guides? :D

Check out the LGBTAI+ Thread!

Rickdaily12
FM Awards: Town
FM Awards: Town

Re: VFM 80: Death Note Popcorn (Writing Phase 8)

Postby Ezradekezra » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:35 pm

Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Re: VFM 80: Death Note Popcorn (Writing Phase 2)

Postby Ezradekezra » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:35 pm

Ezradekezra wrote:Gonna go look into how likely a team of Uzay/Cheeze/Hyena/Ejji is, since for some reason I get the idea that that's the scumteam

Will probably make a shot sometime soon™

I'll take 3/4

Especially when the 4th was someone I called out earlier
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby Chemist1422 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:35 pm

i didnt throw yay
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby Ezradekezra » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:37 pm

Glad I can say that I won my last official ToSFM game
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby watchme1 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:44 pm

Ggs

Scum played me like a fiddle
FM Record - 26 Wins - 33 Losses - 7 Broke/Draw

Rip tosfm
watchme1
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Postby LOLingHyena » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:01 pm

Ezradekezra wrote:
Ezradekezra wrote:Gonna go look into how likely a team of Uzay/Cheeze/Hyena/Ejji is, since for some reason I get the idea that that's the scumteam

Will probably make a shot sometime soon™

I'll take 3/4

Especially when the 4th was someone I called out earlier

Yeah, you did a good job this game with your reads!

Chemist1422 wrote:i didnt throw yay

Yay!
On the prospect of me being a wolf in VFM 18:
milte345 wrote:A hyena can't be a wolf because it is in fact a hyena
Ez.
LOLingHyena
Witch
Witch

Postby LOLingHyena » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:01 pm

watchme1 wrote:Ggs

Scum played me like a fiddle

Sorry. ;-;
Ez.
LOLingHyena
Witch
Witch

Postby polypies73 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:50 pm

dolphina wrote:sorry, not that great at playing scum. did i do a good job?

yes

totally not biased

gg hyena always glad to play with you.
E
polypies73
Veteran
Veteran

Postby LOLingHyena » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:06 pm

polypies73 wrote:
dolphina wrote:sorry, not that great at playing scum. did i do a good job?

yes

totally not biased

gg hyena always glad to play with you.

GG, Poly. <3 Shame we didn't get to play longer together before I died. :lol:
Ez.
LOLingHyena
Witch
Witch

Postby kosmo16 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:10 pm

Well played. Fun game.
Legacy Season Rank: Master
Season One Rank: Master
Season Two Rank: Diamond
Season Three Rank: Master
Season Four Rank: Master
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Postby LOLingHyena » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:27 pm

kosmo16 wrote:Well played. Fun game.

I'm mad that I couldn't get you killed. :lol: Good job on getting me.
Ez.
LOLingHyena
Witch
Witch

Postby kosmo16 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:38 pm

LOLingHyena wrote:

(: Indirect attacks work much better against me. You should just wait for me to self-destruct.
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Postby dolphina » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:16 pm

kosmo16 wrote:
LOLingHyena wrote:

(: Indirect attacks work much better against me. You should just wait for me to self-destruct.

true tbh. you always do that eventually
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby dolphina » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:19 pm

@kosmo

i was misa amane, in case u didnt read
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby kosmo16 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:25 pm

dolphina wrote:@kosmo

i was misa amane, in case u didnt read

Well she was a missing one and you were the lasy mafia. I figured out.
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Postby UzayAltay » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:14 am

GG
46-46 Spoiler: Town Games(27-32)

NFM50,NFM51,NFM52,14D,14E, NFM54 ,14H (AF), 14G, NFM 55, NFM 56, 15C, NFM 57, NFM 58,15F,SFM45,16B, VFM36, 16D , SFM 47 , VFM38, NFM62 , 16G ,VFM 39, EpisodeXVII, 17B , 17C , VFM44 , 17D , 17F,18C,18D,18E,VFM55,VFM57,SFM64, 19C,VFM58,VFM59 ,19D,VFM60,SFM66,SFM67,VFM64,SFM70,VFM69,XX7,XX9, VFM71,VFM72, VFM73, VFM74, 21A,VFM75,VFM76,XX14,VFM77,XX16,VFM78,VFM79

Scum Games (19-14)

NFM 48 , NFM 49 , TFM 65 ,TFM 66 , Episode XV ,TFM68 ,VFM 34, NFM61 , VFM42 , SFM53, VFM43,17E,VFM49,SFM60,CFM19,VFM54, EpisodeXIX, SFM63, 19E, 19F ,VFM62 ,VFM63,XX3,VFM66,XX5,VFM67,XX6,SFM72,XX8,VFM70,XX10,SFM76,SFM80
UzayAltay
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner

Postby CheezePie » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:30 am

GG
CheezePie
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby AbstractGlacial » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:01 am

gg would've loved to participate if i wasn't a shitter
AbstractGlacial
Civilian
Civilian

Postby ejjinami » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:51 pm

Welp...
The main thing I learned this game is probably that I still have a lot to learn...

I definitely should have been more aggressive at the start. Not having any reads isn’t a good excuse for not questioning/pushing anyone... Finding some sort of semi-bullshit excuse to start a tunnel would have likely started a decent discussion start a lot faster

and it seems that I really shouldn’t have underestimated dolph so much xD

I shouldn’t have been so ok with them prodging and posting “pure”, low-content posts every once in a while... aaaand should have noticed the lack of interactions.

welp, the more you know~

GJ @dolph for pocketing nearly everyone
@phone, thanks for shooting uzay xD

@mist, congrats on making the right decision
I’m not sure what I’d have done there if I were in your shoes

@rick, thanks for the flavor xD

that’s a very fitting end for the last forum game

15 : 14,5

Last updated: 18.02.2021
ejjinami
Medium
Medium