Non-Unique Role Overhaul

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Do you agree with this change?

Yes, this change is needed.
25%
Other (specify)
75%

Total votes : 12

Re: Ranked / RP - Change

Postby BasicFourLife » Mon May 14, 2018 7:45 am

HereThereEverywhere wrote:And makes VFR slightly stronger.

You can nerf VFR, by making Jester and Exe Reworked NBs and removing Consig results from Witch (also adding an additional NE like Stalker).
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby TigerWolf85 » Mon May 14, 2018 10:02 am

BasicFourLife wrote:

You can nerf VFR, by making Jester and Exe Reworked NBs and removing Consig results from Witch (also adding an additional NE like Stalker).

I do not see how this would nerf VFR. Also as someone who remembers how useless the witch was before the update, that's a hard pass. Witch is much more balanced and adds balance to ranked since the change.

As to the main point of limiting non unique roles to 3 of the same. I am not completely against it, but not before other balance changes (fixing the Ret being the main one) are made 1st. Adding this change before that would only make Town more OP than it is now by reducing claim space
TigerWolf85
Lookout
Lookout

Postby BasicFourLife » Mon May 14, 2018 1:29 pm

TigerWolf85 wrote:
BasicFourLife wrote:

I do not see how this would nerf VFR. Also as someone who remembers how useless the witch was before the update, that's a hard pass. Witch is much more balanced and adds balance to ranked since the change.
Witch is overpowered with Consigliere results. Also Witch counters VFR if TIs, TSs, TKs reveal Witch knows who to control and how to cause ultimate destruction to the Town.
As to the main point of limiting non unique roles to 3 of the same. I am not completely against it, but not before other balance changes (fixing the Ret being the main one) are made 1st. Adding this change before that would only make Town more OP than it is now by reducing claim space

In which situations, does it really limit claim-space..
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby SERVAT » Mon May 14, 2018 3:28 pm

First of all, why are you bumping this old threads lmao. It’s the third one I think.

Secondly, I would agree to this change if VFR was nerfed in some way. I don’t see how your NE rework suggestions(which imo are extremely bad but it isn’t the point of the thread anyways) would nerf vfr.

VFR can out numerous claims and 100% knowing that it couldn’t happen would put many evils.

I do agree there should be a limit for town roles, BUT when people know there’s a limit, they can exploit it to its fullest to create a brand new meta.
SERVAT
Lookout
Lookout

Postby BasicFourLife » Mon May 14, 2018 10:31 pm

SERVAT wrote:First of all, why are you bumping this old threads lmao. It’s the third one I think.

Secondly, I would agree to this change if VFR was nerfed in some way. I don’t see how your NE rework suggestions(which imo are extremely bad but it isn’t the point of the thread anyways) would nerf vfr.

VFR can out numerous claims and 100% knowing that it couldn’t happen would put many evils.

I do agree there should be a limit for town roles, BUT when people know there’s a limit, they can exploit it to its fullest to create a brand new meta.

Witch and Stalker counter VFR. If everyone reveals their roles then Witch and Stalker can abuse the fuck out of it. Also Stalker counters D1 Jailor Meta.

BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby SERVAT » Tue May 15, 2018 5:51 pm

BasicFourLife wrote:
SERVAT wrote:First of all, why are you bumping this old threads lmao. It’s the third one I think.

Witch and Stalker counter VFR. If everyone reveals their roles then Witch and Stalker can abuse the fuck out of it. Also Stalker counters D1 Jailor Meta.

Lmao hadn’t seen it that way before. However, this change doesn’t work independently since it needs huge nerfs to town and VFR for it to work. I would totally support it in Flake’s balance Overhaul, but as an independent change no.
SERVAT
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Jackparrot » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:50 am

I don’t think this is such a great idea, as it can limit claim space extremely quickly, and (as villager lover said) it would allow for OP roles to spawn more often. Additionally, town should have to deduce who is town from scumreading, not the rolelist.

/Nosupport
I am not as active as I used to be, although I should be somewhat active.
Jackparrot
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Brilliand » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:27 pm

BasicFourLife wrote:

Jester (and to a lesser extent Exe because it turns into Jester) counters VFR pretty darn directly.

I would prefer to keep Jester as NE and change the penalty for lynching the Jester to be more frightening for Town. (Perhaps the way Throne of Lies does it, where lynching the Jester means there will be no voting phase the next day.)
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby BasicFourLife » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:40 pm

Jackparrot wrote:I don’t think this is such a great idea, as it can limit claim space extremely quickly, and (as villager lover said) it would allow for OP roles to spawn more often. Additionally, town should have to deduce who is town from scumreading, not the rolelist.

/Nosupport

no one literally cares abt this thread

BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Previous

Return to Suggestions