New Gamemode: Bounties

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Should this gamemode be added?

Yes
76%
No (explain)
24%

Total votes : 25

New Gamemode: Bounties

Postby ImposterK » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:37 pm

Bounties
This game mode is about placing bounties and bets on players and having them killed at night. There is a currency system, as well as a reward system for successfully having your target killed.

How bounties Work:
Spoiler: Every morning you will get 10 Gold bars.
During the The Discussion Phase, you have the ability to place a bounty on someone else. You will also choose how much Gold you are going to give to the bounty hunter after the person is killed. You can only place bounties of 10, 20, or 30 Gold bars.

At the start of the night, everyone that has a bounty on them will be released to everyone. If the bounty setter dies, the bounty will disappear, and they will get their Gold back.
To claim a bounty, you must kill the person with the bounty person at night. If multiple people kill that person, everyone will be given the reward. (It is not divided between the killers)
If a bounty hunter successfully kills your target, you will be given a reward.

The person that places a bounty cannot claim their own bounty, but if someone else puts a bounty on the same person, you can collect their bounty.

How bets Work:
Spoiler: At night, you may place a bet on who you think will be attacked that night.

You can place bets of 10, 20, or 30 Gold.

If you win your bet, you will get the amount of Gold that you bet. If you lose the bet, you will lose the amount of Gold that you bet.

You will not get any Gold if you kill the person you're betting will die.
You will not get any Gold if you are in the Mafia, and you the placed a bet on someone dying to the Mafia.

If the person you place a bet on is attacked but has immunity or was protected, you will still get the reward.

What happens if you have the most Gold?
Spoiler: When the game is over, the person that has collected the most Gold from bounties and bets will win as well as the normal winners. (The Gold that you get in the morning will not be counted for at the end. The Gold you get from bounties and bets will be placed in a different bank then the “daily Gold”.) If multiple people have the most Gold at the end of the game, they all will win.

During the game, the person with the most Gold (not daily Gold) will receive a message at the start of every night notifying them they have the most Gold. If multiple people have the most Gold, nobody will be notified that they have the most Gold.

Why would you want to place a bounty?
Spoiler: You will want to place a bounty on someone because if your bounty is collected, you will be given a reward!

Here is the reward system:
-The Town, and Jester will be given a bulletproof vest the following night that they can use at any time.
-The Executioners target will be given basic defense the following night. (They are notified that they have this, or if they're attacked, however the attacker will see them as immune.)
-The Witch will attack their target with a basic attack the following night.
-The Serial Killer, Godfather, Mafioso, and Ambusher will be given a Powerful attack the next time they attack.
-The Mafia (Excluding Godfather, Mafioso, and Ambusher) will have a basic defense the following night.
-The Werewolf will have an Astral attack, and Powerful defense the following night.
-The Pirate will be able to pick 2 options when plundering, the following night.

Role List:
Spoiler: Jailor
Town (Investigative)
Town (Protective)
Town (Protective)
Town (Killing)
Town (Killing)
(Random) Town
(Random) 
Town
Godfather
Mafioso
(Random) Mafia
Neutral (Evil)
Serial Killer
Werewolf
Pirate

Important Information:
Spoiler: -If a bounty is collected by a Vigilante or Jailor, and they killed a town member, they will still get the punishment for killing a townie.
-Remember, doing something to harm your faction intentionally is still gamethrowing, even if that means losing potential Gold.

Credits:
Spoiler: alex1234321 for creating the Role List.
Joacgroso for creating "bets".
Soulshade55r for reward changes.
Last edited by ImposterK on Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:46 pm, edited 10 times in total.
ImposterK
Civilian
Civilian

Re: New Gamemode: Bounties

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:47 pm

Why does there have to be a random winner if several people have the same amount of gold? That's not fair at all to the people who don't win via gold amount.
canadian joker says a lot aboot society
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby ImposterK » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:55 pm

HereThereEverywhere wrote:Why does there have to be a random winner if several people have the same amount of gold? That's not fair at all to the people who don't win via gold amount.

Do you think that if multiple people have the most gold at the end of the game, they both win?
ImposterK
Civilian
Civilian

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:58 pm

That would be the most fair.
canadian joker says a lot aboot society
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby DragonClaw66 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:10 pm

This would make for a mean rotating gamemode. The thread is very detailed, has a nice color scheme, etc. I especially like how you mentioned the interaction with the Vigilante/Jailor and a Town member that had a bounty on them. Very nice thread. I /support.
DragonClaw66
Summer 2019 Winner
Summer 2019 Winner

Postby Soulshade55r » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:17 pm

This is a cool idea like it
/Support
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby lemonader666 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:22 pm

What happens when the person with the highest gold dies when the game ends? It's too scum-sided IMO

you can email me at lemonader666@gmail.com if need be
lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby ImposterK » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:57 am

lemonader666 wrote:What happens when the person with the highest gold dies when the game ends? It's too scum-sided IMO

It would not matter if the person with the most gold is dead or alive, they will still win.
ImposterK
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Joacgroso » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:10 am

But town roles would be unable to earn gold (unless they can collect the bounties of a lynched player).
I think that the vigi should gain one powerful attack if his bounty is collected, BTW.
And the daily gold should be in the same bank as the bounty gold, so the townies would actually have a chance.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby ImposterK » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:26 pm

Any more feedback?
ImposterK
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Soulshade55r » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:58 am

-The Town, Witch, Executioner, and Jester roles will be given a bulletproof vest the following night that they can use at any time.

Ehh exe shouldn't have a vest lol.... it's already immune maybe make it's target show up has mafia to sheriff and investigator will get the wrong results? also make it immune for that night not alerting them but any attackers.

Witch also makes less sense because it has a auto vest. (Maybe make it drain the target like the coven leader?)
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby alex1234321 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:18 pm

/support

I helped with this and I really like the idea. It would be very fun to play and would make an interesting, original game mode.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby madqueenxoxo » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:00 am

This seems like fun and a good idea, but it seems like Mafia/NK will have an advantage.

Other than that, /support.
Favorite Roles: Mayor, Consigliere, Witch, Amnesiac, Vampire

Least Favorite Roles: Veteran, Mafioso, Survivor, Werewolf, Jester

IGN // Mystic Maya, Maya Fey
madqueenxoxo
Witch
Witch

Postby Emberguard » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:46 pm

Giving the mafia both a powerful attack AND vests for collecting bounties will essentially make the mafia unkillable and unstoppable outside of getting lynch or hitting vet/ww. There's no point in giving town a vest if Mafia get a kill that go through that for the same bounty.

Maf should have some sort of limitation on how those rewards work

Perhaps something like
1st Time: BP
2nd Time: Nothing
3rd TIme: Learn who was investigated at night
4th TIme: Nothing
5th Time: Powerful Attack
6th Time + : Nothing
Emberguard
Transporter
Transporter

Postby 5p3ctr3 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:54 pm

I like the bounty idea but not at all this concept. I'll make my own version but will give you creds for the bounty idea. Just wanted to let you know you inspired me! :-D But your concept of it is crap :-? Come and help on my concept if you'd like and we could make this a good addition! :celebrate:
-5p3ctr3

In Game Name: Blackbeard

My roles:

Cannibal

My Game Modes/Variants:

Bounties
5p3ctr3
Jester
Jester

Postby 5p3ctr3 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:09 pm

The thing is with your concept. It makes it empty and odd. Weird to even explain but you change all the roles around your concept of bounties and players get nothing in the end (after the game). With my concept, it's real bounties. People use their own Merit Points and get more or less Merit Points. Doesn't change any role and adds a little sting to the game. I like your idea for bounties but just really prefer my concept of it. But that's just my opinion, maybe we could submit both and see which BMG prefers
-5p3ctr3

My roles:

Cannibal

My Game Modes/Variants:

Bounties
5p3ctr3
Jester
Jester

Postby ImposterK » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:49 pm

5p3ctr3 wrote:The thing is with your concept. It makes it empty and odd. Weird to even explain but you change all the roles around your concept of bounties and players get nothing in the end (after the game). With my concept, it's real bounties. People use their own Merit Points and get more or less Merit Points. Doesn't change any role and adds a little sting to the game. I like your idea for bounties but just really prefer my concept of it. But that's just my opinion, maybe we could submit both and see which BMG prefers

There is no real motivation to kill someone with your version. Yes, you do get MP for killing which is creative, however if I were a killer in that gamemode I would not risk possibly dying to get MP. If you want to continue discussing this, please PM me.
ImposterK
Civilian
Civilian

Postby 5p3ctr3 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:06 pm

ImposterK wrote:
5p3ctr3 wrote:The thing is with your concept. It makes it empty and odd. Weird to even explain but you change all the roles around your concept of bounties and players get nothing in the end (after the game). With my concept, it's real bounties. People use their own Merit Points and get more or less Merit Points. Doesn't change any role and adds a little sting to the game. I like your idea for bounties but just really prefer my concept of it. But that's just my opinion, maybe we could submit both and see which BMG prefers

There is no real motivation to kill someone with your version. Yes, you do get MP for killing which is creative, however if I were a killer in that gamemode I would not risk possibly dying to get MP. If you want to continue discussing this, please PM me.

Why discuss different opinions? We both make a version and see if any is liked and which one by BMG. I make it balanced, you don't need to kill and claim. But it influences you to. Without changing every single role
-5p3ctr3

My roles:

Cannibal

My Game Modes/Variants:

Bounties
5p3ctr3
Jester
Jester

Postby ImposterK » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:04 pm

Please leave feedback if you're going to vote on the poll. Thank you!
ImposterK
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Joacgroso » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:35 pm

ImposterK wrote:Please leave feedback if you're going to vote on the poll. Thank you!

Are you refering to the people who voted no? One of them is Spectre, but I'm not sure about the other one. I like this idea (I think it's better than the other) because it's a different gamemode. The vampire gamemode should have higher priority, but this could be a good rotating gamemode.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby ImposterK » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:44 pm

Joacgroso wrote:
ImposterK wrote:Please leave feedback if you're going to vote on the poll. Thank you!

Are you refering to the people who voted no?

Yes, I would like to know whats wrong/ways to improve.
ImposterK
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Joacgroso » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:15 pm

ImposterK wrote:
Joacgroso wrote:

Are you refering to the people who voted no?

Yes, I would like to know whats wrong/ways to improve.

Spectre already said why. Idk about the other.

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Joacgroso » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:18 pm

Last bumped by ImposterK on Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:15 pm.

How did you do that?

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby ImposterK » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:25 pm

Joacgroso wrote:

How did you do that?

At the bottom of the post, there are buttons that say "Board Index", "Subscribe Topic", "Bookmark Topic", and "Bump Topic". Spoiler: You click "Bump Topic"
ImposterK
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Joacgroso » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:50 pm

ImposterK wrote:
Joacgroso wrote:

How did you do that?

At the bottom of the post, there are buttons that say "Board Index", "Subscribe Topic", "Bookmark Topic", and "Bump Topic". Spoiler: You click "Bump Topic"

Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks you very much :)

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Next

Return to Suggestions