Register reports even if a player only got one report.

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Register reports even if a player only got one report.

Postby DrakEmono » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:10 am

I know that it might make many fake reports appearing, but right now, if a player is breaking the rules like insulting, harassing, hate speech, game throwing, cheating etc... and they make sure not more than one player knows that, even if that player ask the rule breaker is reported, most of the cases, nobody else will report as they don't witness of what they did. I already got several cases of harassment via whisper, but without being a spam, and I couldn't do anything because I would be the only one reporting him and he would be 100% safe.

If you want a better community, then you should follow and do that change. If actually, you don't care that the community gets worse and worse, then I at least hope I won't see anyone complaining about this point anymore.

Thank you.

EDIT: After seeing how many people are afraid to see many false reports appearing in the trial, I made an edit to my suggestion.
When a player is reported only once in a game, the report is saved, but not shown in the trial yet. If the player gets a high amount of such reports, then they appear in the trial, because they likely deserved them (besides potential false reports). If the database only own a low amount of games with a single report to them (based on the total number of such cases on other players), the oldest ones would get deleted after several months, since they are very likely false reports.
Last edited by DrakEmono on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
DrakEmono
Spy
Spy

Re: Register reports even if a player only got one report.

Postby Daizy » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:19 am

I'm pretty sure that this happens anyway, but if it doesn't, then absolute /support
Spoiler: Image
Favourite roles: Witch, Jailor, Consigilere, Investigator
Least favourite roles: Transporter, Framer, Executioner

"Music is life" - Me
Daizy
Veteran
Veteran

Postby amagnificentvoid » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:17 am

Daizy wrote:I'm pretty sure that this happens anyway, but if it doesn't, then absolute /support

It doesn't, I believe. If I recall correctly it takes two reports for it to show up in trial.
amagnificentvoid
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Daizy » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:32 am

Oh. I can see why this is a thing though, too many reports for the trial system. I'm sure there would be one person willing to help you if you copy and paste, but sometimes everyone is so mean ;-;
Favourite roles: Witch, Jailor, Consigilere, Investigator
Least favourite roles: Transporter, Framer, Executioner

"Music is life" - Me
Daizy
Veteran
Veteran

Postby alex1234321 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:18 am

In order to avoid clutter in the trial system, the chat logs could be saved if only one person reports. That way, you could report things on the forums if nobody else reports without so many false reports in the trials.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby mdntranger » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:09 pm

Capture a screen shot of the incident and then get a screenshot of the end game where names and accounts are listed. There's an area on the forum (report players) where you could make a report on a player without going through the reporting system. (don't forget to report as well in case someone else does submit a report).
mdntranger
Witch
Witch

Postby Tonbert » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:28 pm

No. Then the you have a lot of false reports flooding in just to punish a player for doing nothing wrong. Honestly, it should take at least 3 reasonable ppl to make a report viewable.
Tonbert
Survivor
Survivor

Postby bluewave41 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:52 pm

mdntranger wrote:Capture a screen shot of the incident and then get a screenshot of the end game where names and accounts are listed. There's an area on the forum (report players) where you could make a report on a player without going through the reporting system. (don't forget to report as well in case someone else does submit a report).

Even then you still need 2 reports anyway so it's not an alternative in case nobody reports with you.

It's still a terrible idea. You're just asking trolls to report everyone in their game so people reviewing the reports have to sift through all the garbage first meaning it takes that much longer to be banned.

No.
bluewave41
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby DrakEmono » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:43 am

mdntranger wrote:Capture a screen shot of the incident and then get a screenshot of the end game where names and accounts are listed. There's an area on the forum (report players) where you could make a report on a player without going through the reporting system. (don't forget to report as well in case someone else does submit a report).

Though if the player you want to report doesn't already appear in the trial system, the staff will do nothing against them and will simply close their eyes. This section is currently totally useless.

About those who are afraid of the number of false reports going to the trial... then I have a modification to my suggestion.
When someone gets a single report, the report is still registered, so they can be viewed by the staff from the report section of the forum (while it's still there).
However, if a player starts to stack games with a single report against them, then they would start to appear on the trial.
If the player doesn't get a lot games with single reports, after a few months, they would simply be automatically deleted from the database.

About how to say how many games with a single report they should get before appearing in the trial? I guess the best way would be to be based on the one with the highest amount of reports (as they would get a priority).

And I refuse any kind of reply saying that "it will be hard to code". You know nothing about it, it's not that hard...
DrakEmono
Spy
Spy

Postby snapshot112 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:48 am

yeah, but trolls can completely screw over the trial system by just reporting everyone in the game, and that's something that should be prevented as it saves a lot of time.
Ingame-Nickname: Shalltear
Games played: 956 (528/419/9)

#SaveTheDragons
A small click for you, but a HUGE click for these dragons.
Image Image Image Image Image

FM record (4/4)
snapshot112
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:19 pm

DrakEmono wrote:

Though if the player you want to report doesn't already appear in the trial system, the staff will do nothing against them and will simply close their eyes. This section is currently totally useless.

They can't add reports to the trial, so all they can do is "close their eyes". What would you do? Also, it's not useless. If there is a report there, you can get the player banned faster than waiting for them to go through the trial system. The appeals section is in there too, and that's not useless. So technically you are wrong, my friend.
canadian joker says a lot aboot society
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby wad321 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:31 pm

This idea might work, but there needs to be a counter of how many reports you can make daily. Like 5/day. It would reset each day...
My favourite and, sadly, the most under-appreciated role in Salem - Transporter.
wad321
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby DrakEmono » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:40 pm

HereThereEverywhere wrote:
DrakEmono wrote:

They can't add reports to the trial, so all they can do is "close their eyes". What would you do? Also, it's not useless. If there is a report there, you can get the player banned faster than waiting for them to go through the trial system. The appeals section is in there too, and that's not useless. So technically you are wrong, my friend.

I don't know? Asking to the dev to do something against it? I mean, they can perfectly ban, suspend, or do anything to anyone at this level. I even saw once a moderator reporting a player on his own and making it automatically guilty. You are talking like if the admins are powerless about it!

And I will repeat it twice, I said BESIDES THE APPEALS! (In case you didn't understand, excluding the appeal section), so you are wrong, my friend.

Anyway, about the "What would you do" question. Simple, I see the screen, I notice indeed some people are breaking the rules, I add a suspension/ban related to the post report instead of a non-existent in-game report because the game refused to create it as only one player reported them, and that's it. Is it that hard? Should I remember you we are in 2017? The staff made the system really badly. I can understand they want to avoid troll reports, but being 100% dependant on the current trial system about reports is just totally stupid.
DrakEmono
Spy
Spy

Postby okokokyeah » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:34 pm

There is the added issue that people do not report game throwers from the opposing factions. I have had a with purposely call out all mafia members. The mafia members quit in anger and, as I ask town to please report the witch, they say that they refuse or that it was not game throwing. As another example, a mafia member putting all the names of all other mafia members in mafia chat when it is a known spy game.

Sometimes, very egregious violations occur that are not visible to all or that people are willing to overlook. The harassment via whispers is a very clear example of this.
okokokyeah
Witch
Witch

Postby Tonbert » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:56 am

No the issue is ppl can and always do file false reports, but it's typically just one person doing it. It drastically cuts back on the number of false reports. Stop asking to make it easy to use the system to harass ppl, plz.
Tonbert
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Mroz4k » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:48 am

Because of accidental and false reports, this doesnt sound like the best idea. I remember when testing out Trials in the beggining, there were quite a few of reports when nothing really happened in the game, those would probably be the accidental reports.

This situation is why the kept Reports section here on Forums, so just upload the stuff to imgur and bring a picture here. Besides, I dont know if this is still the case, but used to be just about every game had some reports in it, so chances are this person being rude would get catched on report of another person, the Trials jury will duplicate report for them and all will be well.

I wouldnt be surprised if the number of all reports doubled if this was implemented.
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby DrakEmono » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:47 pm

Tonbert wrote:No the issue is ppl can and always do file false reports, but it's typically just one person doing it. It drastically cuts back on the number of false reports. Stop asking to make it easy to use the system to harass ppl, plz.

I've heard of people unable to report because of spamming them, so...

Mroz4k wrote:Because of accidental and false reports, this doesnt sound like the best idea. I remember when testing out Trials in the beggining, there were quite a few of reports when nothing really happened in the game, those would probably be the accidental reports.

This situation is why the kept Reports section here on Forums, so just upload the stuff to imgur and bring a picture here. Besides, I dont know if this is still the case, but used to be just about every game had some reports in it, so chances are this person being rude would get catched on report of another person, the Trials jury will duplicate report for them and all will be well.

I wouldnt be surprised if the number of all reports doubled if this was implemented.

Accidental reports always happen, I've seen some on the trial. And the problem is that the report section of this forum is useless. If your report doesn't get registered, it won't appear in the trial, and if it doesn't, you can post on the report forum, the mods/admins will just close the topic saying they don't see any report against them.
However, when it comes to instantly suspend someone in game because the mod didn't like the way the player played, even if he didn't break the rule, strangely, they are able to do anything they want! So they should stop to make fun of us and do something. Either keep the reports somewhere even if there is only one report against players or make the report section of the forum useful other than just speeding up the ban of a guy who would anyway get banned via the trial!
DrakEmono
Spy
Spy

Return to Suggestions