Should Jester and Witch get an autovest? (Poll)

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Should Jester and Witch get an autovest?

Give both an autovest
47%
Only give Jester an autovest
7%
Only give Witch an autovest
33%
Don't give either an autovest
13%
Other suggestion (say in a reply ^_^)
No votes

Total votes : 15

Should Jester and Witch get an autovest? (Poll)

Postby Daizy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:32 am

There have been alot of posts about Jester and Witch autovests, since once you die you lose with these two roles. The autovest would automatically protect you against one attack.
I agree with this, but I want to see what everyone thinks about this!
Spoiler: Image
Favourite roles: Witch, Jailor, Consigilere, Investigator
Least favourite roles: Transporter, Framer, Executioner

"Music is life" - Me
Daizy
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Should Jester and Witch get an autovest? (Poll)

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:37 am

Probably shouldn't have a poll, tbh. They encourage people to vote without saying anything. So far there's one vote for neither, but nobody said why.
canadian joker says a lot aboot society
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Wirewolf » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:00 am

Yes to both, so as a) to avoid the annoying phenomenon that is insta-losing Night 1, b) to give Witch the chance to avoid the regular fate that is being screwed over last minute by an troll ally or else being killed by a sore loser and c) to give an additional way for Jester to get lynched through a killer's death note whilst also stopping them from losing because the day timed out before they were put up on stand.
Wirewolf
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:09 am

No, they shouldn't.

Any role (aside from night-immune roles) can die Night 1. That's just part of the game. Someone has to die first. To use it as an argument for implementing this is not a good argument to begin with.

Not to mention, Jester literally does not need a buff, as all it has to do is get lynched. Nothing more, nothing less. Witch, I could understand, but still disagree with giving it a vest. We already gave it Consigliere abilities, which was unnecessary. Let's not break the role by giving it another buff unnecessarily.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dyaomaster » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:33 am

Naru2008 wrote:No, they shouldn't.

Any role (aside from night-immune roles) can die Night 1. That's just part of the game. Someone has to die first. To use it as an argument for implementing this is not a good argument to begin with.

Not to mention, Jester literally does not need a buff, as all it has to do is get lynched. Nothing more, nothing less. Witch, I could understand, but still disagree with giving it a vest. We already gave it Consigliere abilities, which was unnecessary. Let's not break the role by giving it another buff unnecessarily.

But the reason we're discussing Witch and Jester specifically is because they have to stay alive to win. If they're killed at night, they lose instantly, while every single other non-night-Immune role (Town, Mafia, etc.) is still able to win.

Hmm... Except Amnesiacs. *thinking*

Yes Jester win rates are high, but this is due to Jester being easier and more fun to play. Jester dying n1 removes the entire part about playing as Jester. We have to remember that Town of Salem is a game, and so the key point of a game is so that the players have fun. Not letting someone play the game because their wincon was made impossible n1 is generally not a fun idea.

And we all agree the Witch's largest problem is being killed by her allies, not knowing who she is. While Consigliere abilities are definitely helpful (especially with the new silent Arso), most of the community (from what I can tell) still prefers one autovest. I am personally undecided on this issue.
"Research has it that 47% of quotes are fabricated using true statistics."
-Alfred Wolman, 1997

Did I just say something about Coven? Don't trust me, I don't own it.

we need help
dyaomaster
Disguiser
Disguiser

Return to Suggestions