Spectation Mode

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Spectation Mode

Postby YNAbbas » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:51 pm

Add the feature of spectating your friends.
YNAbbas

Re: Spectation Mode

Postby murat1996 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:52 pm

What's the point?

I mean your gonna play on your own at some point you know :|
33-40-3 : My FM Record

Hosted: VFM13

My discord is fluffymurat#2318 if you really want it I guess...it's now a legacy name.

My discord is just fluffymurat
murat1996
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby isrlygood » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:11 pm

murat1996 wrote:What's the point?

I mean your gonna play on your own at some point you know :|

:|
You could try getting better by watching, without actually having to hurt your team by playing.
Thanks Hurricat!!!^
Thanks purple^ :p
Testing a Mafia Lookout this week
Spoiler:
isrlygood
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby cmitc1 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:46 pm

Classic is where most people go to learn, but this could help.
cmitc1
Arsonist
Arsonist

Postby Arckas » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:13 am

Spectating is being considered, last I recall. It comes with its obvious drawbacks of making it so its not a tool for cheating and have it still be interesting to watch.
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Flamingkamikaze » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:15 am

Arckas wrote:Spectating is being considered, last I recall. It comes with its obvious drawbacks of making it so its not a tool for cheating and have it still be interesting to watch.

Wouldn't you just be allowed to see day chat? If you do more then cheating is bound to come up.

What have I got?
Why am I alive anyway?
What have I got
That nobody can take away?

Flamingkamikaze
Arsonist
Arsonist

Postby Arckas » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:18 am

Flamingkamikaze wrote:
Arckas wrote:Spectating is being considered, last I recall. It comes with its obvious drawbacks of making it so its not a tool for cheating and have it still be interesting to watch.

Wouldn't you just be allowed to see day chat? If you do more then cheating is bound to come up.

Pretty much my thoughts too, which then begs the question if its actually worth it to put something like this in. I'm not sure whats the value in just being able to read the day chat.
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby FlightlessPigeon » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:10 am

If this was implemented people shouldn't be able to see what roles people are. because cheating would be too real if they could
My Roles

Chieftain
FlightlessPigeon
Donor
Donor

Postby KriegVonBlitz » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:10 pm

well actually how about instead of spectating friends, you make it so you can spectate a random game. this prevents any chances of skype cheating, plus it still allows the player to learn/watch.
When you die night 1 as your favorite character
(Current Alias: Papa Franku)
KriegVonBlitz
Spy
Spy

Postby Arckas » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:34 pm

KriegVonBlitz wrote:well actually how about instead of spectating friends, you make it so you can spectate a random game. this prevents any chances of skype cheating, plus it still allows the player to learn/watch.

I could see that working, to an extent. Though most people, like the OP claims, would rather spectate game they have friends in.
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby EdmundMcGaben » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:11 pm

No.

Spectating the game only gives you the chance to skype cheat with your friend. I'd rather have that you either randomly spectate a lobby for fun, or dont spectate at all.

© Burgy

Spoiler: Image
Neasans wrote:BDD is reminding me of Satan.
EdmundMcGaben
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Flamingkamikaze » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:27 pm

EdmundMcGaben wrote:No.

Spectating the game only gives you the chance to skype cheat with your friend. I'd rather have that you either randomly spectate a lobby for fun, or dont spectate at all.

But if you limit it to just day chat then there is nothing you can tell them.

What have I got?
Why am I alive anyway?
What have I got

Flamingkamikaze
Arsonist
Arsonist

Postby Ansem555 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:16 pm

Me personally I don't even think limiting it to Day Chat would be necessary. If a spectator mode were to be made I would let Night Phase be viewed but have the chat say static stuff like, "The Mafia has selected their target(s)." (Note: It could say Targets even if only a Godfather or Mafioso select someone and no other member does anything) "The Sheriff has chosen who to interview." and other things of that nature.

While I can't see what would be wrong with that, I'm sure you guys can and can point out why something like that would be a problem.

I don't make any of my own sigs. Bravo to the artists.
Blue text means I'm being sarcastic.
Ansem555
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby PikaFox » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:37 pm

Well, my own 2c:

Unable to spectate ranked games. This makes it so that even if there are cheaters somehow, this cannot impact ranked.

Only able to spectate friend's games.

Game is delayed by minimum of 1 day.

The game is spectated through the screen of your friend; you can see what they see and nothing else. Their role is the only role you know, their actions only actions you know, etc. Theres no point in skype cheating if all the info you know is delayed and all the info your friend knows.

------

That being said, for ranked a better system would probably be a replay system that replays a game from any perspective after a game is already finished. Might help some youtubers as well.
PikaFox
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby orangeandblack5 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:25 pm

PikaFox wrote:Well, my own 2c:

Unable to spectate ranked games. This makes it so that even if there are cheaters somehow, this cannot impact ranked.

Only able to spectate friend's games.

Game is delayed by minimum of 1 day.

The game is spectated through the screen of your friend; you can see what they see and nothing else. Their role is the only role you know, their actions only actions you know, etc. Theres no point in skype cheating if all the info you know is delayed and all the info your friend knows.

------

That being said, for ranked a better system would probably be a replay system that replays a game from any perspective after a game is already finished. Might help some youtubers as well.

Honestly, I would love this to death.
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby Ansem555 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:57 pm

I disagree that it shouldn't apply to Ranked. Ranked is exactly the thing you'd want to watch after a couple of games to see just how others at a higher level throw off other players and examine who was who when the game is over as well as pick up some strategies once you learn how their role was played. The delay and other stuff is great but what if your friend is mediocre? You won't learn much from the game, even less if he plays a mode like All Any or Rainbow that is nothing but chaotic fun, and if that's his (or their, in cases of multiple friends) favorite game mode or all he/they play(s) you're out of luck.

I don't make any of my own sigs. Bravo to the artists.
Blue text means I'm being sarcastic.
Ansem555
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby CarmenK74 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:10 am

This is essential for streaming, IMO. If it was limited to day chat, as others have said, I see no reason why it shouldn't be added.
Image Image Image
CarmenK74
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Blackajack » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:39 am

I say like a 5-10 min delay before the viewer actually sees things. Also, from the person you're spectating perspective.

Otherwise we'll have a real shitstorm going down.

Spoiler: Image
Blackajack
Jailor
Jailor

Postby gorilla578 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:37 am

Blackajack wrote:I say like a 5-10 min delay before the viewer actually sees things. Also, from the person you're spectating perspective.

Otherwise we'll have a real shitstorm going down.

Nice idea but how would it work out?
No sig cuz im boring
gorilla578
Jailor
Jailor

Postby PurpleSidewalk1 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:43 pm

Just have it so you can rewatch old games. You can spectate games, but not Ranked games. There is a 10 minute delay between the real time in game and what the spectators see.

However this would take a fairly long time to code and not as necessary as other mechanics.
Elastoid vs chittownmvp01 is TvS.
PurpleSidewalk1
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby Flamingkamikaze » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:26 pm

PurpleSidewalk1 wrote:Just have it so you can rewatch old games. You can spectate games, but not Ranked games. There is a 10 minute delay between the real time in game and what the spectators see.

However this would take a fairly long time to code and not as necessary as other mechanics.

Why not ranked? Why would the delay be half the game? If you think that it prevents cheating then what point is there to not spectating ranked?

What have I got?
Why am I alive anyway?
What have I got

Flamingkamikaze
Arsonist
Arsonist

Postby PurpleSidewalk1 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:34 pm

Flamingkamikaze wrote:
PurpleSidewalk1 wrote:Just have it so you can rewatch old games. You can spectate games, but not Ranked games. There is a 10 minute delay between the real time in game and what the spectators see.

Why not ranked? Why would the delay be half the game? If you think that it prevents cheating then what point is there to not spectating ranked?

Those who feel it can be used for cheating may be correct and therefore it should not be in Ranked.
Elastoid vs chittownmvp01 is TvS.
PurpleSidewalk1
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby Flamingkamikaze » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:49 pm

Fierceblood wrote:It's hard to make a spectation mode without compromising information of the game.
If you see the log of who visits who, boom skype cheating.
If you only see roles visiting, and what they have found without revealing names, with the delay is not that bad. But still people would fake info.
If you see only the chat and whispers, boooooring! Not to mention skypecheating in mayor games.

If you stop to think about it, it doesnt even need to be skype cheating. You Login 2 accounts, one for playing and another for spectating and there, the information is compromise.

Don't get me wrong 'cause I would love to see my friends playing and advice them or laugh at them of how they play, but the exploit is there for all cheaters.

How do you Skype cheat with someone when all you see is day chat? What would you tell them? That X whispered Y? They already know that.

What have I got?
Why am I alive anyway?
What have I got

Flamingkamikaze
Arsonist
Arsonist

Return to Suggestions