Random Skin/Pet/House/Etc

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Random Skin/Pet/House/Etc

Postby StrawberryDelite » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:45 am

I'd like to buy a skin from the shop, but if I do, then whenever I play with friends, they'll immediately know who I am because of said skin.

To remedy this, it'd be nice if the game had an option to automatically select a random skin among the ones I own every time I go into a new game.
StrawberryDelite

Re: Random Skin/Pet/House/Etc

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:47 am

Something similar was in Alpha, but I don't think there are plans to return it.

You can always change your character skin and pets, houses, etc via the customization menu BEFORE going into a game/lobby. :)
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Arckas » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:01 am

I really wish they'd brought back the old customization screen along with the current system. Was much easier to do it then (even though it did take time) and really encouraged diversity within the game.

Question: I believe their was something along the lines of a randomizer for customizations that was discussed. Is this true or is this false?

Along with what Naru said, you can also hide your customizations to everyone via the customizations menu.
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Ansem555 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:43 am

Arckas wrote:I really wish they'd brought back the old customization screen along with the current system. Was much easier to do it then (even though it did take time) and really encouraged diversity within the game.

Yeah, I wish the same thing. You can chat while you customize your stuff bit by bit so you don't forget that you have to change things up. You can get in the habit, but it always felt better to me at least to pick and choose what I was while waiting for the game. Heck, I'd like the idea where stuff is listed on something like the right side of the screen, such as:
Nurse Skin
Mountain Map
Castle House
Burn at the Stake Death
and then name for last, the listed stuff being kept so you can see "Oh, I picked the nurse, I should pick a female name."

I don't make any of my own sigs. Bravo to the artists.
Blue text means I'm being sarcastic.
Ansem555
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Gobln » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:40 am

I'm positive in one of their streams they mentioned the randomization option was coming back eventually or something similar.
Gobln
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Mroz4k » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:12 am

The problem with the old customization comes to mind with this:
Spoiler: Image
The issue will be how to fit a bigger number of those choices from selections on the screen. The old screen mainly worked because you could only select few basic skins. Though I guess if each of the windows would be clickable, and then it would take you into selection screen where you could choose, that would work.
Though that might prove difficult to get it work.

I also want to confirm Gobln - I believe it was in the last AMA, when devs mentioned that randomisation is something they wish to implement again eventually.
Away in the real world most of the time, but I return from time to time, at my own whim.

FM history:
Spoiler: NFM4 - Lookout - W
NFM7 - Consort - L (so close tho)
FM8D - Cit+ to Sheriff - W
FM9C - Cit - L (epicly failed)
CFM hydra 2 - Medium with Varanus - W
SFM17 - Caporegime - W
FM9D - Serial Killer - W (epicly :D)
SFM14 - Bodyguard-ish role - modkilled, caused MyLo FTW - W?
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Gobln » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:40 am

Mroz4k wrote:The problem with the old customization comes to mind with this:
The issue will be how to fit a bigger number of those choices from selections on the screen. The old screen mainly worked because you could only select few basic skins. Though I guess if each of the windows would be clickable, and then it would take you into selection screen where you could choose, that would work.
Though that might prove difficult to get it work.

I also want to confirm Gobln - I believe it was in the last AMA, when devs mentioned that randomisation is something they wish to implement again eventually.

I would hate to be a jerk but i think that looks alright as a menu you see before the game starts.
Gobln
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:05 am

I would rather not like to see that big of a menu right before a game. It's way too cluttered.

If we add it back, just make it an option in Settings for RNG to roll random choices out of what we own in-shop.

As long as it doesn't increase loading times, I'm all for it, however, we don't need ridiculously unnecessary loading times.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mroz4k » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:53 am

Naru2008 wrote:I would rather not like to see that big of a menu right before a game. It's way too cluttered.

If we add it back, just make it an option in Settings for RNG to roll random choices out of what we own in-shop.

As long as it doesn't increase loading times, I'm all for it, however, we don't need ridiculously unnecessary loading times.

Thats kind of what I had in mind. But I have a feeling it would make the loading times pretty long.

Another option I had in mind is same menu like Player customization window would show up before every game during the load-up. If it gave 30 seconds time at first to choose a different skin for home, player, pet etc. - it would give people something to do during the boot up, and there wouldnt really be need for randomisation because they would be able to quickly adjust changes on their own before the game.

The loading time could prove to be problem though, true. With both of these suggestions.
Away in the real world most of the time, but I return from time to time, at my own whim.

FM history:
Spoiler: NFM4 - Lookout - W
NFM7 - Consort - L (so close tho)
FM8D - Cit+ to Sheriff - W
FM9C - Cit - L (epicly failed)
CFM hydra 2 - Medium with Varanus - W
SFM17 - Caporegime - W
FM9D - Serial Killer - W (epicly :D)
SFM14 - Bodyguard-ish role - modkilled, caused MyLo FTW - W?
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Veeena » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:20 pm

Moved to Suggestions.
OSRS Accounts: Veeena
Lewd Queen (Former HCIM)
Peepo Vee (GIM)

FF14: Xa Erros (NA Sargantas)

Formerly M4xwell
Known as
Xa/M4xy/Vee

Some fucking Vee I suppose.

Veeena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby lionon » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:27 pm

Naru2008 wrote:If we add it back, just make it an option in Settings for RNG to roll random choices out of what we own in-shop.

I remember reading somewhere this was a planned feature. Which makes sense IMO.
lionon
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby Arckas » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:31 pm

Instead of it being cluttered like that, as it was before, just make it a selection in where you can scroll through instead of having all options available.

I mean its just an organization thing. Its not like theirs only one way to do it.
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Gobln » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:53 pm

lionon wrote:
Naru2008 wrote:If we add it back, just make it an option in Settings for RNG to roll random choices out of what we own in-shop.

I remember reading somewhere this was a planned feature. Which makes sense IMO.

It is, during the last Q&A stream and the first weekly stream they both said it would be added.

Arckas wrote:Instead of it being cluttered like that, as it was before, just make it a selection in where you can scroll through instead of having all options available.

I mean its just an organization thing. Its not like theirs only one way to do it.

I would like this, i think it should be an option to see that menu though and it should be "off" by default because it will most likely lag.
Gobln
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Return to Suggestions