Medium Curse = Power?

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Medium Curse = Power?

Postby gaycommie » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:51 pm

"if you are killed night 1, your curse will afflict your killer on night 2, role blocking them but allowing them to speak with the dead."
gaycommie
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Medium Curse = Power?

Postby EqsyLootz » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:06 pm

gaycommie wrote:"if you are killed night 1, your curse will afflict your killer on night 2, role blocking them but allowing them to speak with the dead."

This ability seems really random and doesn't really provide anything to the game in terms of balance changes.
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby gaycommie » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:53 am

Have you ever played the game? I'm genuinely confused by your words. Maybe this was a joke reply; I'm not sure.

When medium dies night 1, town loves it. It's a meme. Several people chime in about the curse every time it happens. How is this random? Have you played the game for real?

Also what do you mean it does nothing for balance changes? Medium is considered one of the weakest roles, and this way if you claim day 1 you are likely to not be attacked night 1, and if you do you get to have an impact by roleblocking whoever killed you.
gaycommie
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby alex1234321 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:17 am

gaycommie wrote:Have you ever played the game? I'm genuinely confused by your words. Maybe this was a joke reply; I'm not sure.

When medium dies night 1, town loves it. It's a meme. Several people chime in about the curse every time it happens. How is this random? Have you played the game for real?

Also what do you mean it does nothing for balance changes? Medium is considered one of the weakest roles, and this way if you claim day 1 you are likely to not be attacked night 1, and if you do you get to have an impact by roleblocking whoever killed you.

You can claim Medium right now on Day 1 and it's unlikely anyone will want to kill such a weak and unimportant role. But you wouldn't want to claim Day 1 as Medium with or without your suggested ability because by telling the evils who not to kill you narrow the potential pool of players who are worthwhile to attack.

I think they're saying that your suggestion doesn't really fit with Medium's other abilities. Kills on night 1 are pretty random, so it doesn't seem fair to punish a killer for being unlucky.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby gaycommie » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:16 pm

I think they're saying that your suggestion doesn't really fit with Medium's other abilities
how did you get that from the one sentence they wrote? they said the ability seems "really random" as if medium curse isn't like the top meme of the game, and that it doesn't change the balance of anything. I'm really genuinely confused by how you got that from what they wrote...

Kills on night 1 are pretty random, so it doesn't seem fair to punish a killer for being unlucky.
... you mean like getting randomly witched into a medusa or crusader or veteran night 1 or getting unlucky enough to get a bad role in the first place, like medium? this is making the game more fair, giving mediums slightly more influence on the game.
gaycommie
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:35 pm

Sounds like a power coming from a meme which makes no sense and would be unfun for almost everyone
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby ReiChan » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:57 pm

I would suggest something different about the medium curse. Make it an achievement, call it "Breaking the Curse" and the requirement is to survive the night one as Medium.
ReiChan
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Soulshade55r » Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:45 pm

Medium needs a total rework, it's a boring role that brings nothing to the game apart from randomly countering a few roles (Ambusher/medusa/janitor) and sometimes getting confirmed by another med or in rare cases gets some Ti info the night the ti died.
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Return to Suggestions