Custom Modes Update!

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Custom Modes Update!

Postby EtherealEnder » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:23 pm

So, very few people play Custom these days. Like, barely any. I did a poll on Reddit the other day and you can see for yourself: the VAST majority of people don't play any sort of Custom mode. While there are some dedicated groups, they are nowhere near large enough to call the mode "active" or even "alive."

I believe the problem stems from the fact that no one can ever decide what list they want to play with. People join a list, see 0 vampires, and start screaming to /repick. People can never decide if they want to play something balanced or Vigilantics 2.0. They repick, they repick, they repick, and then they leave. And the game never even gets 10 players, let alone 15.

My solution? Allow multiple lobbies to happen at once. When you choose to play Custom, you will be able to select from a list of lobbies that have been opened by others or open your own. People will be able to name their lobby, giving their role list a fitting and/or silly name to draw people in. People may choose to make these lobbies either public or private, private lobbies being invite-only.

Of course, there's an issue with this too. If people don't actually start playing Custom, the community will be even more split and each lobby will be even more dead than usual. This ain't Among Us, and custom lobbies are nowhere near as popular in ToS. Therefore, I also propose:
[*]Role banning, in case you're tired of jailor rolling in the TK slot.
[*]Game size limits. only want 7 people this game, but don't wanna start the second you hit 7 to prevent others from joining? This is the thing for you.
- This could also possibly lead to games bigger than 15... who knows?
[*]Special Gamemode Enabling. Wanna play VIP/lovers/TT with a new list? You got it babe. (not actually sure about this one as it might take away traffic from those modes, which already aren't too active.
My name is Axeras :>

Join the Testing Grounds!
EtherealEnder
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Re: Custom Modes Update!

Postby WaveAqualei » Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:39 am

/support
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby DecDecAttack » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:21 am

I agree with this, and for the last part because i think it would be cool, but as you said remove some traffic, maybe only in private lobbies can that happen?
DecDecAttack
Executioner
Executioner

Postby EtherealEnder » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:10 am

DecDecAttack wrote:I agree with this, and for the last part because i think it would be cool, but as you said remove some traffic, maybe only in private lobbies can that happen?

that seems like it'd work yeah

EtherealEnder
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Boredfan1 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:39 pm

When custom was at the height of its popularity, I was fortunate enough to be host a couple times and I noticed really fast that you rarely ever got time to actually fill the role list before the lobby was full or people started shouting at you to add this or add that or remove this or remove that. If we want this game mode to be popular again, this is going to happen again so custom lobbies should have to fill a role list first before anyone besides the host's party can join otherwise, this won't work.

how long people have to defend themselves on the stand and how long the deciding if they are guilty or not phase lasts. As well as decide how many people can be voted up a day

Some additional suggestions to make custom more worth playing:
-Hosts can decide how long days and nights are
-Hosts can decide how long the day's discussion phase before you can vote someone up lasts
-Hosts can decide how long players have to defend themselves.
-Hosts can decide how long the voting phase of a trial lasts.
-Hosts can decide whether or not people's votes during a trial are public or hidden
-Hosts can decide whether or not who someone chooses to be put on trial is public or not
-Hosts can decide whether a person's role is revealed when they die and if so, can exclude being hung or dying at night
-Hosts can exclude certain roles from the random slots
Boredfan1
Jailor
Jailor

Postby EtherealEnder » Sun May 01, 2022 11:13 am

Boredfan1 wrote:When custom was at the height of its popularity, I was fortunate enough to be host a couple times and I noticed really fast that you rarely ever got time to actually fill the role list before the lobby was full or people started shouting at you to add this or add that or remove this or remove that. If we want this game mode to be popular again, this is going to happen again so custom lobbies should have to fill a role list first before anyone besides the host's party can join otherwise, this won't work.

how long people have to defend themselves on the stand and how long the deciding if they are guilty or not phase lasts. As well as decide how many people can be voted up a day

Some additional suggestions to make custom more worth playing:
-Hosts can decide how long days and nights are
-Hosts can decide how long the day's discussion phase before you can vote someone up lasts
-Hosts can decide how long players have to defend themselves.
-Hosts can decide how long the voting phase of a trial lasts.
-Hosts can decide whether or not people's votes during a trial are public or hidden
-Hosts can decide whether or not who someone chooses to be put on trial is public or not
-Hosts can decide whether a person's role is revealed when they die and if so, can exclude being hung or dying at night
-Hosts can exclude certain roles from the random slots

oh i love these! really make the game custom instead of just a custom list

EtherealEnder
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Return to Suggestions