Chaos Gamemode: The Crucible

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Chaos Gamemode: The Crucible

Postby WaveAqualei » Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:40 am

This is just a random gamemode I came up with since I love Chaos Gamemodes but I hate Rainbow.

The Crucible

Jailor
Lookout
Lookout
Vigilante
Town Killing
Town Protective
Town Protective
Town Support
Town Support
Witch
Witch
Witch
Witch
Serial Killer
Werewolf

There are no unique gimmicks in this rolelist. The Town must get rid of the Werewolf and Serial Killer, then deal with the Witches later. The Witches should try to find other Witches, then the Werewolf and Serial Killer.
Last edited by WaveAqualei on Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Re: Chaos Gamemode: The Crucible

Postby DecDecAttack » Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:25 am

Cool idea tbh, but maybe add some other sort of role? Because it seems like rn so would almost always win, with gf having a couple, and witch only every once in a blue moon. But never town.
DecDecAttack
Executioner
Executioner

Postby WaveAqualei » Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:20 pm

DecDecAttack wrote:Cool idea tbh, but maybe add some other sort of role? Because it seems like rn so would almost always win, with gf having a couple, and witch only every once in a blue moon. But never town.

Right now TK is Vigi or Vet, and TP is Doc or BG. The most claimspace people have is with TS.

I went ahead and made the rolelist where it's easier for Town to win.
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby DecDecAttack » Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:23 pm

WaveAqualei wrote:
DecDecAttack wrote:Cool idea tbh, but maybe add some other sort of role? Because it seems like rn so would almost always win, with gf having a couple, and witch only every once in a blue moon. But never town.

Right now TK is Vigi or Vet, and TP is Doc or BG. The most claimspace people have is with TS.

I did not mean add more claim space, but it seems very evil sided, as if the witches find each other and a vet that's 4 people dead everytime the vet alerts, or 3 and a witch if a witch decides to force it. Also i meant SK not so.
DecDecAttack
Executioner
Executioner

Postby WaveAqualei » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:23 pm

DecDecAttack wrote:
WaveAqualei wrote:

I did not mean add more claim space, but it seems very evil sided, as if the witches find each other and a vet that's 4 people dead everytime the vet alerts, or 3 and a witch if a witch decides to force it. Also i meant SK not so.

I added less claim space by confirming more Town roles.
I also changed Godfather to Werewolf.
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby blackaxe3 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:30 pm

I think the better solution here would be to increase claim space, not decrease it. I tried to keep the general spirit of your list with this:

Jailor
Lookout
Lookout
Vigilante
Town Killing
Town Protective
Town Protective
Town Support
Town Support
Witch
Witch
Witch
Witch
Serial Killer
Werewolf

My logic is that the town slots Jailor TK and especially TS greatly pushed your list in favor of town, especially because Witch is not a powerful role without other evils helping it out. Therefore, I increased the claim space by simply swapping out your confirmed Towns for rotating slots while still keeping the alignments the same. I left evils the same for now as the chaos modes currently lack a true Town vs Neutrals list. (Well, unless you count Dracs Palace which is really a Town vs Faction list. I think if this mode were to be added it would make sense to replace Dracs Palace with this since no one plays it.)
My Name Picks:

Royal Match - my default pick
Melon King - when someone named themselves Pumpkin King
Godfather - for role theme or to just bait people
Cottan Mother - to cause confusion
blackaxe3
Transporter
Transporter

Postby WaveAqualei » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:16 am

blackaxe3 wrote:I think the better solution here would be to increase claim space, not decrease it. I tried to keep the general spirit of your list with this:

Jailor
Lookout
Lookout
Vigilante
Town Killing
Town Protective
Town Protective
Town Support
Town Support
Witch
Witch
Witch
Witch
Serial Killer
Werewolf

My logic is that the town slots Jailor TK and especially TS greatly pushed your list in favor of town, especially because Witch is not a powerful role without other evils helping it out. Therefore, I increased the claim space by simply swapping out your confirmed Towns for rotating slots while still keeping the alignments the same. I left evils the same for now as the chaos modes currently lack a true Town vs Neutrals list. (Well, unless you count Dracs Palace which is really a Town vs Faction list. I think if this mode were to be added it would make sense to replace Dracs Palace with this since no one plays it.)

I have to disagree since the game will go on if there is more than one Witch alive against Town.
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Boredfan1 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:28 pm

WaveAqualei wrote:
blackaxe3 wrote:I think the better solution here would be to increase claim space, not decrease it. I tried to keep the general spirit of your list with this:

Jailor
Lookout
Lookout
Vigilante
Town Killing
Town Protective
Town Protective
Town Support
Town Support
Witch
Witch
Witch
Witch
Serial Killer
Werewolf

I have to disagree since the game will go on if there is more than one Witch alive against Town.

If witch is the only evil role left and there's no vig to control, it will end. This is doomed to fail with town winning most of the time.
Boredfan1
Jailor
Jailor

Postby DecDecAttack » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:33 pm

Boredfan1 wrote:
WaveAqualei wrote:

Jailor
Lookout
Lookout
Vigilante
Town Killing
Town Protective
Town Protective
Town Support
Town Support
Witch
Witch
Witch
Witch
Serial Killer
Werewolf

If witch is the only evil role left and there's no vig to control, it will end. This is doomed to fail with town winning most of the time.

I think wave was saying that this isn't true for this game mode or something.
DecDecAttack
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Boredfan1 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:36 pm

DecDecAttack wrote:
Boredfan1 wrote:
WaveAqualei wrote:

Jailor
Lookout
Lookout
Vigilante
Town Killing
Town Protective
Town Protective
Town Support
Town Support
Witch
Witch
Witch
Witch
Serial Killer
Werewolf

I think wave was saying that this isn't true for this game mode or something.

Maybe but the witch kind of can't win alone or even with other witches, even if the game doesn't automatically end. Not without majorly overhauling the witch or something. Though I am in favor of majorly overhauling the witch.
Boredfan1
Jailor
Jailor

Postby WaveAqualei » Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:58 pm

Boredfan1 wrote:
WaveAqualei wrote:

Jailor
Lookout
Lookout
Vigilante
Town Killing
Town Protective
Town Protective
Town Support
Town Support
Witch
Witch
Witch
Witch
Serial Killer
Werewolf

If there are two or more witches alive against just Town, the game will keep going, regardless if there is a Vigilante or not.
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Return to Suggestions