Accessibility Concerns For The New Game

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Accessibility Concerns For The New Game

Postby JakeMurray » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:21 am

Hello!

My name is Jake, I'm a long term lover of TOS. Honestly, it's seen me through some really rough times and I'm glad to see that it's still going strong after so long.

However.

My big concern over the new game is the voice chat, this might not be a great idea for someone who is profoundly deaf like myself, to counter this, could there be a feature where there could be captions , much like how youtube works, because that's the only way I could see this working otherwise I might possibly not be able to play the game fully understanding what is going on. (Sure, TOS is pretty much 90% confusion, but you know what I mean!)

All the best for the new game, see you soon!

Squiggles aka Jake ;)
JakeMurray

Re: Accessibility Concerns For The New Game

Postby Jerme » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:44 pm

Greetings,

TiS introduces a proximity voice chat, which is toggleable. So you don't have to activate the voice Chat in any way. In the meantime, I doubt that ToS will itself get a voice chat, so you do not have to worry that this tech would get introduced to ToS as well.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Accessibility Concerns For The New Game

Postby shapesifter13 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:28 am

We plan to allow Text exclusive lobbys in TiS. This should help accommadate people with hearing issues, those with social anxiety, or those who can't currently use voice because of sleeping partners, or other reasons. Doing a captioning system is not super realistic I don't believe. Considering how long it took Youtube, and they are owned by Google.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Return to Suggestions