Custom Game - Suggestions

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Custom Game - Suggestions

Postby BKZ04 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:23 pm

We need to do more for Custom Games and Coven Custom, honestly.
Like, we need to get the bug out of the way first. In Coven Custom, Vigilante isn't an option to be chosen as a set role. That obviously kinda needs fixing.

Now onto the actual thing itself, I have some suggestions to make Custom Games and Coven Custom more...custom. Like for example, we can have the option to turn on and off certain role knowings, like SK, Maf, Town and Coven, so we can have 4 Town know each other in a town full of Mafia.
That of course leads to some
unfortunate takes
like GF killing Mafioso and a lot of uh
deaths
but it'd be a nice way to play around the game a little, with the twist that Townies need to act like Mafia or Coven.
Vampires in their current state can't have this mode. As well, if this were to exist then the CL would easily be able to find their own Coven, so a witching ability in this case would have Investigator results. The Consigliere can stay the same and try to form their mafia, or just not be allowed in the role lists, as it's a technicality break. Or it could just say that they're Mafia or Town, but you can't figure out which specific role.

I've had a few custom games where there was little town in the lobby, so, if the setting was allowed and there are at most 5 town in the game, they should be allowed to know who the other town is. As for SK, if you wanna get the Psychopathic Pact go right ahead, I can't think of a scenario that'd allow it without making the role broken.
Fun game modes tho.

Uhhh right
Traitors
Lovers
VIP
those modes
We need them allowed onto Custom
Like we do TT on the Mafia side of things in the base game, why shouldn't it be allowed?
Now here's the deal though.
Say it's 4 Maf and 4 Coven, and each get their own TT, and the last 5 are either Town or Neutrals, maybe a mix of both.
How will the Mafia TT vs Coven TT situation come about?
Honestly it should just end in a draw if town can't find both with the TTs remaining.
As well another added suggestion, what if the TT became the highest role of Coven or Mafia after all have been defeated? Like Coven Doc TT becomes CL and Mafia Crus TT becomes GF, instead of the countdown starting?
As for Lovers Mode, if Maf and Coven have lovers then they should be understandably careful. Also 2 SK lovers means Psychopathic Pact or loss.
VIP should stay the same, but there's a catch I'd like to put in here.
The VIP should be in the group that the majority belongs to and only shown to the people in that majority.
So 6 Coven could be possible for this.
as well, the Coven VIP gets the Necronomicon always.
imagine being medusa vip that'd be terrible

anyways that's all my suggestions for custom
and my time to leave as i watch chaos unfold in my own custom games
and i laugh and cry at once.
BKZ04

Re: Custom Game - Suggestions

Postby Joacgroso » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:07 pm

I don't know about the vigi bug because I don't own the coven DLC, but you should report it here. Make sure to read the guideline first.

I think that custom could be the best gamemode but has a lot of wasted potential. I posted some suggestions in my signature. The main problem is that you can't play custom with your friends only, or regulate the amount of players in the game. Being able to make small adjustments if you are the host would be great, but I don't think that's as important as having private lobbies.

Some customizations that would be nice to see are preventing certain roles from spawning, creating your own slots, renaming roles, changing factional limits (for example, if you only have 5 players there can only be 1 mafia member, or allowing up to 6 mafia members in a certain game), making roles unique or not unique and changing simple role attributes like attack/defense/uses of night ability, among other things. Out of all of them, I think blocking roles is the most important option, so people can use TK and RT slots without caring about jailors, or RN slots without caring about vampires or any role they don't like.

Of course, achievements should be locked for customized games. Maybe wincounts too.

I feel like the reverse gamemode you suggested is too complicated and also pointless. Why balance evil roles around them being the uninformed mayority when you can use town instead?

Allowing VIPs/lovers/rivals/traitors in custom would be pretty cool, but that would definitely kill rotating gamemodes, and I don't think the devs want that. It would also split the playerbase even more, since now everyone would be trying to play a variant of their favorite rotating mode instead of queueing for the active one.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Re: Custom Game - Suggestions

Postby SilverCruz » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:52 pm

The bare minimum Custom needs is to be able to see Custom lobbies individually and choose by hand which one you want to join instead of it being random.

That said, to my awareness that's not worth suggesting because I've been told it's already something they want to do. But hard to do anything with three people and two live services.
I know what I'm doing, generally, but I have no grace at all when things start to spin out of control.

I'd like to address the latter part, but I wouldn't know the first thing about that.
SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Return to Suggestions