GF vs CL stalemate

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

GF vs CL stalemate

Postby doggydoodoo » Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:33 am

Please make it so that the game draws if this happens. Currently how it works is if both teams battle it out right up until the end of the game and it's a GF vs a CL with necro (which it will always have at this point), the CL will automatically win the game. This is unfair to the GF, who likely played just as hard as the CL, but they are entirely unable to kill them the entire game without the help of the town lynching them, which can be risky to pull off. The CL however, doesn't have to do anything along these lines, and can instead entirely ignore the GF the entire game if they're solo at that point. Theoretically, once they reach the end of the game, with both having played intensely to make it there, it's just a bummer that the coven automatically wins regardless of the fact that they can't actually kill each other. I had a game a little bit ago that had the mafia and the coven essentially avoiding each other the entire game, both staying in their own lane to the point that it was GF vs CL at the end of the game. Dead chat was spamming "DRAW" and the mafia were confident that that was going to be the case. When "Coven wins" showed up, everyone went nuts. Even the CL was confused about why they had one and the GF was salty as all shit (tho they had the right to be). This kind of reaction can only mean that something here was wrong, and everyone could clearly see that. There's a small chance this was even a glitch but i find that unlikely.

This is why i believe it would be more fair for the GF and the CL to draw against each other rather than the CL winning automatically.
Do not be afraid Mayor, I, the Jailor, shall spam jail you until the mafia realised they have been bonked
doggydoodoo
Jester
Jester

Re: GF vs CL stalemate

Postby Joacgroso » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:27 am

That kind of scenario can only happen in all any or custom as far as I know. And custom is dead. I don't think there's a point in trying to make all any fair when unfairness is it's point. But regardless of that, the point of the stalemate detector is avoiding draws because the devs don't like them (no one does, really), so I doubt this will happen. Personally, I think the winner of the stalemate should be the faction with less dead members, since they played better. If both factions have the same amount of dead members I would give the win to mafia because coven is MUCH better at killing mafia than mafia at killing coven. I imagine that with all the killing in all any mafia is much weaker than coven in any case. Or just make mafia win all the time for the same reason.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby kyuss420 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:47 am

disagree, since GF can never actually attack the CL... since CL will be sending the GF at themself every night..... in which case GF would be getting attacked twice per night and the CL 0 times per night.

also if its a 1v1v1 on the last night, it stops the CL from creating a kingmaker situation, by making the GF target themself to make a 1v1v1 again the next day until the townie sides with 1 or the other (which would be the only way CL can win at that point if GF took the win in a tie) especially if the townie was afk, CL would be forced to draw out the game until the draw timer went off, by protecting the townie, so that GF could never kill the afk townie to get the 1v1 win
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Joacgroso » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:32 am

Are kingmaking scenarios really a problem? We are talking about all any. We also shouldn't balance the game around people being afk, I think.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby kyuss420 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:34 pm

Joacgroso wrote:Are kingmaking scenarios really a problem? We are talking about all any. We also shouldn't balance the game around people being afk, I think.

yea they are....if players want a complete luck fest, they can go play lovers.

Although the above scenario already exists between 1v1v1 CL, NK (except WW/Pest and possibly Jugg) and any other role, in which case the other role can never win, and is gamethrowing by voting anyone (unless theyre a nuetral who already won) and not forcing the draw. Altho that would never be guiltied in trial system.

The NK can also never win, unless the other role game throws and votes the CL, causing a loss for other role who voted... or if they Rampage at home when the CL controls them. CL can never win unless the other role gamethrows and votes the NK.

In the same situation 1v1v1 GF, NK, other role..... the mafia will never win. Which was the key to winning as NK in ranked, altho the town usually voted NK in a 1v1v2 situation to reduce ELO loss.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby WildCard65 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:50 pm

There is a few scenarios where the CL can loose a 1v1 so it's not entirely in the CL's favour, though these scenarios involve 2 NKs: WW and Pest, Juggernaut can only loose/draw against the CL (draw if they have Rampage). WW can win even if controlled by WW in a 1v1 since they will always kill the CL, Pest for obvious reasons.
WildCard65
Doctor
Doctor

Return to Suggestions