Option to blacklist players

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Option to blacklist players

Postby Ezradekezra » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:56 pm

I think there should be an option to blacklist certain players so that the game won't put you in lobbies with them. If the only open lobby for a mode has a blacklisted player in it, a new lobby would be created instead.

On another note, I'm remembering why I stopped playing Ranked for a few months. I have no idea how some players made it past bronze/silver elo.
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Re: Option to blacklist players

Postby kyuss420 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:49 pm

kyuss420 wrote:so you blacklisted person A, and he queues the same time as you.
Person A has person B blacklisted, he is also queueing at the same time.
You have person B blacklisted.

Three lobbies (or queues) are created, because person B cant enter either of them.

Your game ends, now you cant enter queue 1 (with person A) or queue 2 (with personB) because theres someone you blacklisted in them. Queue 3 is created and doesnt fill until queue 1 and 2 fills up.

Also you are trying to queue in coven town traitor, with only 18 players in the rotation.

Now, instead of waiting for 1 match to end before you can play, you have to wait for 2 matches to end before you can play. (as long as someone else you blacklisted, that also had A and B blacklisted didnt make another queue while you were in game)

I mean, I hear what dbpeanut is saying about the 80%, but in reality, does she really think the average ToS player isnt petty enough to blacklist someone because of 1 bad play, on 1 night, in 1 game? or over 1 dispute? or just because they were salty they got outsmarted? after a month or 2 when every player has 20-30 people blacklisted (especially in reg heavy modes), the average wait for a game will be tripled, if not more.....

The second problem with a blacklist, is that I can just blacklist everyone better than me, and match noobs that I can easily beat every game. I can already see SilverCruz blacklist everyone that uses the LO meta, or chainblocks as jailor if they have the oppurtunity. This creates much longer wait times for guys in Masters ELO, as they all get blacklisted as soon as they have a good game.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Dragnier » Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:43 am

I would implement it like this:

A player can only be added to the blacklist during the post game screen where both players played together. By doing so, the player username will be displayed in another color in lobbies and on future endgame screens. There won't be any mark at all that shows which players are on your blacklist during the game. At the same time, a BL player won't know he is blacklisted by another player.

Now for lobbies:
1 - You can select in the game options to don't be placed on a lobby that already contains one of your blacklisted players on it (the game will add you to a different lobby, or create a new one if there isn't any). This comes with a warning that it may increase your waiting times.
2 - A Player in your blacklist can't join a lobby that you have started. If this blacklisted player is on a party, none of his party members can't join unless he leaves the party.
3 - If you are not the first player on the lobby, any player can join to it - even your blacklisted players - and you will be able to see them because their username will be on a different color. You have the option of remaining in same lobby (ignoring the presence of your BL player) or leave to join a different one. Because of option #1, if you join a new lobby you won't be placed on the same lobby you just left where your BL player currently is.

As mentioned, I also imagine this could try to be abused by players that don't want to be matched against high ELO players. Still it could be a good option to improve your gaming experience over time, at a expense of higher waiting times, or also a good way to avoid players that are very "skilled" at ruining games without breaking rules.
Dragnier
Witch
Witch

Postby Joacgroso » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:01 am

Even if this was implemented, I don't think it should apply to ranked. Also, I don't think this game has enough players to allow so much filtering. Right now, one can always write the usernames on a notepad and check them in the lobby before starting a game, though it's harder to do.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Ezradekezra » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:19 am

Maybe just force people who repeatedly break rules to play in a separate Ranked queue, and have this be decided by moderators/judges instead of individual blacklists? (And also bring back Synna's rule for this purpose)

Tbh it's only really been an issue in Ranked for me so I'd be fine with something that only applies to Ranked
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby Dragnier » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:23 am

Ezradekezra wrote:Maybe just force people who repeatedly break rules to play in a separate Ranked queue, and have this be decided by moderators/judges instead of individual blacklists? (And also bring back Synna's rule for this purpose)

People that repeatedly break rules are usually suspended, and banned after 4 strikes. There is no need of a special queue for that.
If you mean people that apparently break the rules (but they don't) so they are not punished then you will need a blacklist for that.
Dragnier
Witch
Witch

Postby kyuss420 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:49 am

the problem isnt increasing your waiting times tho, its increasing the waiting times for everyone trying to play a specific mode. Contrary to popular belief, it isnt uncommon for only 20 people to be queuing for coven chaos rotating modes at one time. A blacklist could split those 20 people into 2-3 different lobbies that would take for ever to fill, especially if the host has half the regs blacklisted for whatever reason.. (trust me, I have 7-8 player parties a lot, that just dont fit in the 1st lobby and wait at least 10-15 minutes before our 2nd lobby even starts filling)

Then I could create 5 accounts, blacklist all them between each other, and create 5 separate lobbies at once, just to make sure whoever I dont like (and whoever is partying with them) has to wait at least 5 games before they can get a match. - basically single handedly killing the mode for hours on end...
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Ezradekezra » Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:34 am

Dragnier wrote:
Ezradekezra wrote:Maybe just force people who repeatedly break rules to play in a separate Ranked queue, and have this be decided by moderators/judges instead of individual blacklists? (And also bring back Synna's rule for this purpose)

People that repeatedly break rules are usually suspended, and banned after 4 strikes. There is no need of a special queue for that.
If you mean people that apparently break the rules (but they don't) so they are not punished then you will need a blacklist for that.

I was thinking that people with two gamethrowing and/or Synna's rule strikes from the last 3 months would be put in a separate Ranked queue

The devs don't want to ban people over Synna's rule, so I'm instead suggesting that the punishment for breaking it be being put in the naughty person queue
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby Joacgroso » Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:51 am

I don't think that will happen. Either the devs admit that those players are trolls and punish them, or they deny it and let them be. Admitting they are undesirable and not punishing them sounds neglectful to me.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Dragnier » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:55 am

Ezradekezra wrote:I was thinking that people with two gamethrowing and/or Synna's rule strikes from the last 3 months would be put in a separate Ranked queue

The devs don't want to ban people over Synna's rule, so I'm instead suggesting that the punishment for breaking it be being put in the naughty person queue

Yup, I get what you mean. I made a suggestion a couples of month ago about queues based on players behavior, but it didn't get too much support.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=115534
Dragnier
Witch
Witch

Postby James2 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:27 pm

Ranked players should not be able to control who they play against.

I'd be fine with adding this for other game modes, provided that it only affects the player doing the blacklisting (they should not be able to exclude anyone from a lobby they're in).
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby itsEffie » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:00 pm

I'd rather just have an option that you can block someone, they can still join your lobby but they come in automatically muted.
itsEffie
Jester
Jester

Postby James2 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:48 am

Automatic muting could be used to figure out the username of players in-game. That's a no-go.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby itsEffie » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:20 am

James2 wrote:Automatic muting could be used to figure out the username of players in-game. That's a no-go.

They don't need to be muted in game automatically. I only said the lobby. You can mute them yourself in game when you figure out who they are.
itsEffie
Jester
Jester

Return to Suggestions