more clear rules please

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Re: more clear rules please

Postby williewest » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:03 pm

ProjectSYD wrote:And you're objectively bad at your job buddy.

Given how you had to make a suggestion thread because you clearly don't know the rules, I don't think you're in any place to tell a GMod who knows the rules that they're wrong and bad at their job simply because the rules disagree with your assessment.
She's just a messenger for what the rules written by the devs entail.

If you have a problem with the stance she's taking, that's you having a problem with the actual rules the devs made. At which point, you can be directed to email them directly to complain about the rules "not being fair" at support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com.
Everything in my signature is a clickable link
Spoiler: Discord: William#2527

williewest
Transporter
Transporter

Postby ProjectSYD » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:05 pm

williewest wrote:
ProjectSYD wrote:And you're objectively bad at your job buddy.

Given how you had to make a suggestion thread because you clearly don't know the rules, I don't think you're in any place to tell a GMod who knows the rules that they're wrong and bad at their job simply because the rules disagree with your assessment.
She's just a messenger for what the rules written by the devs entail.

If you have a problem with the stance she's taking, that's you having a problem with the actual rules the devs made. At which point, you can be directed to email them directly to complain about the rules "not being fair" at support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com.

Hey thanks for the info but honestly I couldn't care less I was just responding to the mod's smart ass remark. I may disagree with the rules but I'll still play within them. Just frustrated with how often I get banned for stuff when I'm not intentionally trying to break the rules just trying to deceive my opponents and win the game.
ProjectSYD
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:17 pm

Ok so lets go for parts

First of all, you werent banned for telling people to report someone, you were banned for outing a mafia member out of spite

Second, the other mafia did not gamethrow

Third, you kinda need to behave, sometimes you have to accept that you are wrong, which you have to do in this case

Did your teammate make a bad play? yes

Were they a dick? yes

Did they gamethrow? no

Did YOU gamethrow? yes

Bussing is not gamethrowing, it is a pretty bad play in this ranked rolelist, but bad plays are not punishable unless you admit you did it to lose

You did not buss, you did out the busser out of spite cause you couldnt stand being bussed

It has been told everywhere that bussing is not gamethrowing, but the gamethrowing rule does show that revealing a teammate when you die is gamethrowing

If your teammate did gamethrow then you had to wait for game to end/for them to die in order to ask other players, otherwise that will be gamethrowing

intentions dont matter in some situations, you can out all the mafia with the intention of making town think its a false statement, but that wont change the fact that it is gamethrowing
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby ProjectSYD » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:09 pm

I can accept that I "broke the rules" but that doesn't mean the rules are immune from criticism. You're confusing my criticism with denial which is not what's going on here. My argument is that the rules are terribly written and unclear. I'm actively trying to follow the rules yet everyone is looking over that fact.

I've made it clear I will not tell ANYONE to report ANYONE anymore. It's not worth the risk of having my account suspended. I'm trying to be a player that abides by the rules and yet everyone continues to criticize me and call me an idiot for not understanding the rules as written. Guess what, the rules as written SUCK and that's a fact.
ProjectSYD
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Joacgroso » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:15 pm

No one called you an idiot.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby ProjectSYD » Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:11 pm

Right; it was implied and any outsider reading through responses on this thread would agree with me. This community is absolutely toxic and I’m not surprise the number of players ha been steadily declining over time as a result.
ProjectSYD
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby SilverCruz » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:42 am

Reminds me of a round where I got on a guy's case and got him lynched, and he remarked something to the tune of "stupid Consigliere threw it." and namedropped them. Town lynched the "Consigliere" the next day.

His role was Investigator.

If I remember this right, I was a Mayor and i knew the throw was bogus because that guy was an Ambusher and I got blackmailed, but of course being blackmailed I couldn't exactly speak on the Investigator's behalf that day, and the town missed the traditional "I am blackmailed." vote spam. I imagine part of the reason the rest of 'em bought it was because the guy didn't wait to see it play out, he just bailed as soon as he got knocked out.

Nonetheless, yeah no, calling out someone who's bussing you is not appropriate. Report and quietly move on if it's that much of a bother to you.
I know what I'm doing, generally, but I have no grace at all when things start to spin out of control.

I'd like to address the latter part, but I wouldn't know the first thing about that.
SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby ProjectSYD » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:46 pm

just not going to report people anymore I'm too afraid to be banned.
ProjectSYD
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Dragnier » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:08 pm

You are not going to get banned for reporting someone.
You will get banned for breaking the rules.
So, you can continue reporting players normally, as long as you don't break the rules while doing it.
Dragnier
Witch
Witch

Postby ProjectSYD » Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:34 am

No that's okay I won't report I'm too worried I'll get banned.
ProjectSYD
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:40 am

ProjectSYD wrote:No that's okay I won't report I'm too worried I'll get banned.

Yeah what if you read the rules again and ask for doubts instead of trying to look like a victim?
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Joacgroso » Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:42 am

He's obviously trying to spite you, stop feeding the troll. Even if he's not trolling, it's clear he's not willing to even consider the chance of him being wrong, so arguing is pointless.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby ProjectSYD » Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:47 am

Joacgroso wrote:He's obviously trying to spite you, stop feeding the troll. Even if he's not trolling, it's clear he's not willing to even consider the chance of him being wrong, so arguing is pointless.

You've clearly ignored the numerous times where I've admitted I'm wrong I just disagree with the rules. Those are two separate things. I'm going to just sit back play the game stay quiet and not report anything I see out of fear for being banned again. Tow the line & I should have nothing to worry about. Are you dense or have you just purposefully ignored every instance in where I admitted that I was wrong because of clarification from the moderators?

Like I can admit I'm wrong while still disagreeing with the rules.
ProjectSYD
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Joacgroso » Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:25 am

Who's the only one who insults the others now? Didn't you call us "absolutely toxic" for doing that? (even though no one did).

Also, you keep contradicting yourself. You said many times that you accepted that you were banned for breaking the rules, but you also keep denying that you were banned for breaking the rules. Make up your mind.

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby ProjectSYD » Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:49 pm

I was banned for reporting someone which is against the rules.
ProjectSYD
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby mdntranger » Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:27 pm

No, you were actually banned for outing a fellow mafia after being bussed (as noted, without permission). Always has been, always will be gamethrowing.
mdntranger
Witch
Witch

Postby Flavorable » Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:48 am

I'm locking this thread since it's not going anywhere.

The rules are clear enough as is, and if it turns out for someone that they're not, 9 out of 10 times it's a thing where common sense should kick in.
There are multiple guides available, for rules and jurors, and we have an entire appeal forum that gives you insight in other guilty reports and explanations from Moderators, that you can consult.

However, after reading through this entire thread, OP, it very much seems to me that you just want to have free reign into breaking the rules under the guise of reporting someone, and that's not gonna happen.

It's simple: don't break any rules. Not even if someone did something that you think is against the rules. There's nothing wrong with waiting until the person dies to ask people to report them, or even to instead say "report [role]" please.

However, if you want to play the victim and go into "I'm too scared to report someone, even though no one has ever been suspended for the act of reporting someone they thought broke the rules", then that's your prerogative. But then also realise you're part of the problem, not part of the solution.

So no, we won't be making the rules clear to the point where we have to hold people's hands. You're gonna have to use some common sense. Apologies.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Suggestions