w/ shouldn't send a message

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

w/ shouldn't send a message

Postby Yemac » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:38 am

w/ and /w get messed up a lot. Especially if you type fast and with all your fingers, it's quite easy to mess up.

I've seen witches accidentally outting themselves to the town, towns whispering important info to the jailor. Happened to me a couple of times too when I've been typing too quickly.

I think it would be good if either you needed to push a button to whisper a player, or if w/ would just not work.
Yemac
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Re: w/ shouldn't send a message

Postby Dragnier » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:51 am

You can whisper a player by selecting his/her name under the "All Live Townies", and then select "Whisper". This is the button you are looking for.

I wouldn't remove the option of /w in the chat, as it is easier and quicker. If you are afraid that you will mess up, you can always use the button.
Dragnier
Witch
Witch

Postby Flavorable » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:13 am

Dragnier wrote:You can whisper a player by selecting his/her name under the "All Live Townies", and then select "Whisper". This is the button you are looking for.

I wouldn't remove the option of /w in the chat, as it is easier and quicker. If you are afraid that you will mess up, you can always use the button.

^ This 100%

Also: A quick glance at the chat before you hit enter might help.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Ayame01 » Fri May 07, 2021 8:59 pm

As Jester I like it because I can pretend I was trying to whisper something that makes me look evil, lol. If you don't want to use /w you can just tap the player's name and click whisper. The one bad thing about it is you can't whisper throughout the morning deaths cutscene.
Ayame01
Jester
Jester

Postby SilverCruz » Fri May 07, 2021 10:03 pm

I mean, I had a case in Classic once where it was down to Godfather (Myself), Mafioso, two Jesters, and the Serial Killer.

I said to one of the Jesters "w/ Sooo if Serial kills you we're hosed.", then played it off like it was a genuine mistake, and that got them stabbed while we shot the other one, leaving it two to one against the Serial.

I grant you that was Classic, but it was still an intentional play on my part.
I know what I'm doing, generally, but I have no grace at all when things start to spin out of control.

I'd like to address the latter part, but I wouldn't know the first thing about that.
SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Joacgroso » Fri May 07, 2021 10:17 pm

In my experience fake whispers rarely work, especially for jesters. Though I also don't remember anyone ever typing w/ accidentally. Most of the time when I mistype a whisper it comes out like "/w15 witch here ;)", which doesn't come up in the chat. But I like this suggestion because winning due to the opponent mistyping is a bad way to win in my opinion.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby SilverCruz » Fri May 07, 2021 10:55 pm

Well like I said, I used one to bus a Jester because there was no reliable way of getting rid of the Serial as long as the Jesters were still around, and that worked.
I know what I'm doing, generally, but I have no grace at all when things start to spin out of control.

I'd like to address the latter part, but I wouldn't know the first thing about that.
SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Return to Suggestions