CHANGE THE DAMN RULES

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

CHANGE THE DAMN RULES

Postby LePlasma » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:21 pm

"THIS IS NOT SPAM IF I SAY IT 4 TIMES AND NOT 5 TIMES, EVERYBODY KNOWS THE SYSTEM IS FUCKED UP, CAN'T DO SHIT" if you say that 4x a day, you're not spamming. You can say it in every single game, every single day, every single night and it's not spamming, because the system is fucked up. I could say "WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW" and it wouldn't be spamming as long as I said it 4 times. Fix the fucking system
LePlasma

Re: CHANGE THE DAMN RULES

Postby OreCreeper » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:02 pm

I agree, it's dumb that spamming is judged based on someone's ability to count how many times they've said something. It is by far one of the rules that have been the most consistent though. At least it's not gamethrowing, which just feels like a dice roll sometimes to see if something is guilty, and neither is it HS/H, which gets everything shoved under it. Posting links? HS/H. Stalling? HS/H. At this point you might as well rename HS/H to miscellaneous because that's basically what it is. Meanwhile, spamming still covers only spamming, as it should, because a rule should not cover anything that would not logically fit under it, and it is consistent, so people know how to follow the rules. I agree that it shouldn't be so arbitrary though. Rules that are too arbitrary are too easy to abusive and can be unfair because there are always exceptional cases, and if you judge those the same way, it's just... not great. Rules shouldn't not be too random though, people should know what is within the rules easily, if figuring out what gets you banned becomes a great chore, that's also bad. Actually though, a miscellaneous section of the rules should really be created so that it's not the case that every time the devs want to disallow something, they shove a new rule right up there under HS/H when it makes no sense to be HS/H.

Also, nice post, PortMood69. I see you are trying to challenge my getting banned from the TOS forums speedrun world record.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Flavorable » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:14 am

LePlasma wrote:"THIS IS NOT SPAM IF I SAY IT 4 TIMES AND NOT 5 TIMES, EVERYBODY KNOWS THE SYSTEM IS FUCKED UP, CAN'T DO SHIT" if you say that 4x a day, you're not spamming. You can say it in every single game, every single day, every single night and it's not spamming, because the system is fucked up. I could say "WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW" and it wouldn't be spamming as long as I said it 4 times. Fix the fucking system

Actually, if you said it 4 times every day and every night, you'd be spamming unless the game lasts less than 2 nights.

Regardless, generally the numbers are a guideline and if enough jurors and a Judge find a report reflecting actual toxicity, they will act upon it.
Although keep in mind that if we start banning stuff that the community finds "annoying", a lot of dumb things get reportable. Sometimes a line has to be drawn.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby kyuss420 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:50 am

What is your suggestion on changing the rule to?

posting any combination of characters more than 8 times (including 1 letter 8 times in a row) in a sentence is spamming?

* n1- OreCreeper - sus! n2-n3-n4-n5-n6-n7-n8-n9 (oops, suspended)
* -----------n1 - Flavorable - sus (oops suspended)
* 1-sherrif 2- 3- 4- 5- 6- 7- 8- 9- 10- tracker 11- doc 12- pirate 13- 14- 15- GA (oops, suspended)
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby EqsyLootz » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:23 pm

LePlasma wrote:"THIS IS NOT SPAM IF I SAY IT 4 TIMES AND NOT 5 TIMES, EVERYBODY KNOWS THE SYSTEM IS FUCKED UP, CAN'T DO SHIT" if you say that 4x a day, you're not spamming. You can say it in every single game, every single day, every single night and it's not spamming, because the system is fucked up. I could say "WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW" and it wouldn't be spamming as long as I said it 4 times. Fix the fucking system

lol
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Return to Suggestions