Vamps shouldnt have detection/crusader inmunity

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Vamps shouldnt have detection/crusader inmunity

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:23 pm

Vamps are a pain in the ass, unless a vamp kills/is killed by day 2, its probably too late for everyone

Currently only invest can find vamps (and they can fake jester or framed), but sheriff cant because they have an u derserved detection (and also crusader) inmunity

Tbh I think vamps should be banned even from all any and be left only in custom and drac palace, its lame to have them spawning randomly even in a gamemode like all any

You played well? Leaded town? Boom you get bitten and you get a lose

You made a jest play and town was going to hang you next day, but vamps are idiots and bit you? Back luck

You revealed yourself as the mayor, and vamps tough it was a good idea to bite you? You lose

You literally get punished for AN ENEMY faction playing badly

If your own faction did bad, yeah get punished because its a team game, but with vamps is not the case
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Re: Vamps shouldnt have detection/crusader inmunity

Postby PKFlash » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:10 pm

Imagine talking about how Vamps are bad while suggesting they be nerfed at the same time

Couldn't be me

Also, what gamemode are you playing where Vampires not screwing up N1 is an instant death sentence?
Pretend I put some profound quote here
PKFlash
Jester
Jester

Postby Brilliand » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:41 am

PKFlash wrote:Imagine talking about how Vamps are bad while suggesting they be nerfed at the same time

He isn't calling them "bad" in the sense of weak. He's effectively calling them overpowered, by saying Vampires are too influential even when being played by an idiot.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby kyuss420 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:55 am

*rolls solo vamp in AA

*bites an immune n1- n2

*bites a maf n3

*bites crus target n4

*gets killed by WW n5 after finally finding a townie to bite

Who needs a sheriff to find them and death by crus with that sort of luck?

Alphabet Soup here, seems to think vamps ALWAYS spawn in 2 or more. In my experience, vamps usually start with 1 or 2 in AA. If theyre lucky no VH spawned with them. Its near on impossible to find anyone to bite, who isnt immune or evil or another evil factions target.... and as soon as 1 of them dies, every faction is gunning for them. Then noobs quit as soon as theyre bitten, so you cant bite again AND you lose a +1.

Dont like getting bit? Dont lead town in a vamp game.... Perhaps vamps thought you were obviously jester so town wouldnt be dumb enough to lynch you?? Agree that biting a mayor is bad move, but noobs are gonna noob....

I have no problem with vamps, or with changing playstyles halfway through a match, if i get bitten. have been lynched next day after being bitten, as jester, more times than you can poke a stick at (Towns think vamps have to fake jester cos framer/vamp/jester/HM)

I mean, if your gonna remove the detection and crus immunity, may as well remove the VH night chat too, cos its not like its safe to chat and figure out who is best target to bite, its more of a 2 people vote on a target and it randomly picks one of them..... who knows which one was immune?????
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Brilliand » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:20 am

kyuss420 wrote:I mean, if your gonna remove the detection and crus immunity, may as well remove the VH night chat too, cos its not like its safe to chat and figure out who is best target to bite, its more of a 2 people vote on a target and it randomly picks one of them..... who knows which one was immune?????

I am heartily in favor of nerfing Vampires and also heavily nerfing VH. No detection/crus immunity, no VH seeing night chat, and no VH counterattack when visited by a Vampire.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby CapWarrior2 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:28 am

Brilliand wrote:
kyuss420 wrote:I mean, if your gonna remove the detection and crus immunity, may as well remove the VH night chat too, cos its not like its safe to chat and figure out who is best target to bite, its more of a 2 people vote on a target and it randomly picks one of them..... who knows which one was immune?????

I am heartily in favor of nerfing Vampires and also heavily nerfing VH. No detection/crus immunity, no VH seeing night chat, and no VH counterattack when visited by a Vampire.

I like the interaction with crus and vamps. It's a big annoyance for them, as well as having crusader able to kill another person.

Also is thread being talked about balancing around all any where anything goes, which is hinted in the game?
Idea Index:
Click Here

Reworked Idea:
Omen - Neutral(Evil)

Testing Grounds:
Come visit!
CapWarrior2
Doctor
Doctor

Postby PKFlash » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:28 am

Aren't the Vampires told which of their targets was picked at the end of the night?
Pretend I put some profound quote here
PKFlash
Jester
Jester

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:59 am

Brilliand wrote:

Yeah VH shouldnt have vamp chat acces

And vamps see "The vampires visited [player name] last night"
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby OreCreeper » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:16 pm

Brilliand wrote:

I don't even know why crus can't kill vampires. This interaction feels random and stupid.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby kyuss420 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:22 am

OreCreeper wrote:
Brilliand wrote:

I don't even know why crus can't kill vampires. This interaction feels random and stupid.

I think its because of how vamps work, with the wait a day after conversion thing, so that vamps cant lose their whole faction to TPs, without gaining a +1.

Majority wise, A BG is a 1 for 1 trade off. Maf and Coven get to attack every night, to close the majority gap, but vamps can only convert every second night (or more, if they hit immunes/their target dies/they kill thier target) meanwhile, they are still getting picked off by VH, other evils, TKs and lynches.

Seems like no one here has rolled solo vamp in AA much. I scrolled vamp every 2nd week for a few months, and found it very rare to start with 3+ vamps, and more often than not, losing at least 1 early game.

I mean Investigator isnt the only investigative role that can find vamps. Its AllAny, so you also have Consig, Pot Master, Coven Leader even Blackmailer, who are sure gonna let town know all about it if they find one, They are hardly detection immune.... Tracker and LO can also see a ''youngest'' vamp visiting someone and know who the new youngest is.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby OreCreeper » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:39 pm

kyuss420 wrote:
OreCreeper wrote:
Brilliand wrote:

I think its because of how vamps work, with the wait a day after conversion thing, so that vamps cant lose their whole faction to TPs, without gaining a +1.

Majority wise, A BG is a 1 for 1 trade off. Maf and Coven get to attack every night, to close the majority gap, but vamps can only convert every second night (or more, if they hit immunes/their target dies/they kill thier target) meanwhile, they are still getting picked off by VH, other evils, TKs and lynches.

Seems like no one here has rolled solo vamp in AA much. I scrolled vamp every 2nd week for a few months, and found it very rare to start with 3+ vamps, and more often than not, losing at least 1 early game.

I mean Investigator isnt the only investigative role that can find vamps. Its AllAny, so you also have Consig, Pot Master, Coven Leader even Blackmailer, who are sure gonna let town know all about it if they find one, They are hardly detection immune.... Tracker and LO can also see a ''youngest'' vamp visiting someone and know who the new youngest is.

Functionally speaking though, a crusader should have an equal chance of attacking any visitor, vamps included.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Brilliand » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:35 pm

kyuss420 wrote:I mean Investigator isnt the only investigative role that can find vamps. Its AllAny, so you also have Consig, Pot Master, Coven Leader even Blackmailer, who are sure gonna let town know all about it if they find one, They are hardly detection immune.... Tracker and LO can also see a ''youngest'' vamp visiting someone and know who the new youngest is.

For those playing Classic All Any, the only one of the roles you listed that can actually detect that "this is a vampire" is Consigliere, which is just Investigator++.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Soulshade55r » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:44 pm

Imo vamps should be overhauled into a more intresting faction instead of the current state of vampires which with how vh works generally is just a mess
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Ezradekezra » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:31 pm

Soulshade55r wrote:Imo vamps should be overhauled into a more intresting faction instead of the current state of vampires which with how vh works generally is just a mess

I agree. At the very least, Vampires should be given their own factional alignment so RN slots will be somewhat usable.
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby Brilliand » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:46 pm

Soulshade55r wrote:Imo vamps should be overhauled into a more intresting faction instead of the current state of vampires which with how vh works generally is just a mess

Well yeah, you're right, but you haven't said anything about whether vampires should have sheriff or crusader immunity.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:11 pm

Brilliand wrote:

Well yeah, you're right, but you haven't said anything about whether vampires should have sheriff or crusader immunity.

They said the same when I posted my VH rework lol
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Return to Suggestions