This game should have a commendation system

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

This game should have a commendation system

Postby janyosaurus » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:15 pm

A commendation system to award players for good or friendly gameplay and offers bonuses based on commendations they receive in random games!

Works so you commend whoever you think has performed exceptionally well in a game, and you may award a max of X commendations per game, one per player.

Could be so if they receive multiple commendations, they could get bonus Town / Merit points.

It's a fun and rewarding mechanic, and harmlessly promotes friendlier behaviour and also better gameplay across all gamemodes :)
janyosaurus

Re: This game should have a commendation system

Postby alex1234321 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:05 pm

The problem with suggestions like this is that people can abuse them and give commendations to their friends. Even if you don't allow people in the same party to give commendations to each other, they can still go into one of the "dead" modes and will almost always end up in the same lobby. While I think it's a good idea and would be a nice feature, I'm not sure how you can prevent it from being abused.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby EqsyLootz » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:02 am

This could be implemented furthermore into Ranked where people can't party up and even if they team queue they still can't have enough power if they play poorly.
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Ezradekezra » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:54 pm

EqsyLootz wrote:This could be implemented furthermore into Ranked where people can't party up and even if they team queue they still can't have enough power if they play poorly.

Two words: Coven Ranked
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby cob709 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:42 pm

Just let them abuse it. If they choose to grind over having fun, then so be it.
It's a victimless crime.
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby kyuss420 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:09 pm

So what happens when I pull off a 2000IQ play that wins my faction the game, but all the salty town noobs think I suck?

Sheriff found 3 coven! give him commendations! - he checked who I called out day 2, while the rest of the town ignored me...... why he gettin my commendations?????

dude plays awesome early game, so is killed by maf n3..... by n6 everyone has forgotten days 1-3, every noob commends the late game Captain Obvious for pointing out maf....
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby cob709 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:19 pm

everyone that dies n3 or before gets a participation commendation

jk

But uh, yeah rewards really do motivate players more
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby kyuss420 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:27 pm

cob709 wrote:everyone that dies n3 or before gets a participation commendation

jk

But uh, yeah rewards really do motivate players more

disagree. people leave as soon as they die late game all the time, when they could of waited 30 seconds to gain merit points.

Also how would commendations work for people who have left the match?

Seems like a waste of developers coding time, to implement something like this...... especially when there are bugs that havent been fixed in over 5 months.....
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby deadlyblack » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:48 pm

alex1234321 wrote:The problem with suggestions like this is that people can abuse them and give commendations to their friends. Even if you don't allow people in the same party to give commendations to each other, they can still go into one of the "dead" modes and will almost always end up in the same lobby. While I think it's a good idea and would be a nice feature, I'm not sure how you can prevent it from being abused.

Could make it so that you can only commend a specific player only once a day, with universal game reset times (ex: commendation resets at 7pm). Meaning, if you commend someone at 6:59pm then it resets at 7pm, you can do it again since it reset, but then you'd have to wait the following day.
Master document of all my role ideas and suggestions: Here
deadlyblack
Executioner
Executioner

Postby deadlyblack » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:00 pm

Hagg1s wrote:
deadlyblack wrote:
alex1234321 wrote:The problem with suggestions like this is that people can abuse them and give commendations to their friends. Even if you don't allow people in the same party to give commendations to each other, they can still go into one of the "dead" modes and will almost always end up in the same lobby. While I think it's a good idea and would be a nice feature, I'm not sure how you can prevent it from being abused.

Could make it so that you can only commend a specific player only once a day, with universal game reset times (ex: commendation resets at 7pm). Meaning, if you commend someone at 6:59pm then it resets at 7pm, you can do it again since it reset, but then you'd have to wait the following day.

Then it still defeats the purpose if you are in multiple games with someone who outplay everyone else and 'deserve' a commendation but can't because a limit is set to it.

What if everyone in game commended the same person the game before? Now, purely under the umbrella of this system, they have no 'incentive' to play well.

What? No incentive to play well anymore because they can't get commended? Don't be ridiculous. Unless the commendation system actually gives a REAL advantage, would it give players less incentive to play well.. Just look at the Over Watch commendation system.
Master document of all my role ideas and suggestions: Here
deadlyblack
Executioner
Executioner

Postby kyuss420 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:12 pm

Isnt there a leaderboard, so that players who constantly play well get their name shown to all who care to look?
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby CapWarrior2 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:34 pm

kyuss420 wrote:Isnt there a leaderboard, so that players who constantly play well get their name shown to all who care to look?

I'm pretty sure Lemonader is 10th and yea I think I'm looking at the right leaderboard

It's Flavourable not Lemonader (Flav is 25th) and it's in the Trial System leaderboard (What does that display, wins?)
Idea Index:
Click Here

Reworked Idea:
Omen - Neutral(Evil)

Testing Grounds:
Come visit!
CapWarrior2
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Flavorable » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:03 am

CapWarrior2 wrote:
kyuss420 wrote:Isnt there a leaderboard, so that players who constantly play well get their name shown to all who care to look?

I'm pretty sure Lemonader is 10th and yea I think I'm looking at the right leaderboard

It's Flavourable not Lemonader (Flav is 25th) and it's in the Trial System leaderboard (What does that display, wins?)

Trial System leaderboard shows Trial Rating. The rating given to people who handle reports.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CapWarrior2 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:00 am

Flavorable wrote:
CapWarrior2 wrote:

Trial System leaderboard shows Trial Rating. The rating given to people who handle reports.

Ok definently not the right leader board, good job on handling reports though then.
Idea Index:
Click Here

Reworked Idea:
Omen - Neutral(Evil)

Testing Grounds:
Come visit!
CapWarrior2
Doctor
Doctor

Return to Suggestions